PDA

View Full Version : what final fantasy game...

whutfreedom
06-12-2006, 08:13 PM
1.is the best?
2. is the longest?
3. has the most discs?

im new to final fantasy ive played 7 and i wanna go out and buy one but not sure what to get so any advice and answering those questions would be appriciated thanks

Jess
06-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Hiii. This should be in the General Final Fantasy forum. ^_^

What Final Fantasy is the best is a matter of opinion, though -- and most of the Final Fantasy games are long. You can get longer playtime out of them by doing sidequests and levelling up your characters too, if that's what you want to do. :bigsmile:

EDIT: The Final Fantasy games that I enjoyed the most were 9 and 10. :D

whutfreedom
06-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Hiii. This should be in the General Final Fantasy forum. ^_^

What Final Fantasy is the best is a matter of opinion, though.

which is why im asking for peoples opinions on #1 and facts on 2,3

Shoeberto
06-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Off to General Final Fantasy :)

1) I've always had a strong liking for FFVII.
2) It really varies, since you can do a lot of sidequests to extend your time played during the game. I don't think one can really be declared longer than the others.
3) FFVIII and FFIX both have four discs a piece, which is the most that the series has had, but that's due to the technical limitations of the Playstation and not necessarily a sign of their length.

starseeker
06-12-2006, 08:48 PM
Longest to get everything is FFX. PAL (Europe) version in particular
Most discs are 8 & 9 with 4 discs. (X and X-2 are on DVD not CD so they only need 1 disc).
My personal favourite is X but 6 is a close second.

Tavrobel
06-12-2006, 09:58 PM
1.is the best?
2. is the longest?
3. has the most discs?

im new to final fantasy ive played 7 and i wanna go out and buy one but not sure what to get so any advice and answering those questions would be appriciated thanks

Well, the first question is based entirely on opinion, but there are some who will pass of opinion as fact. Beware those people.

Depending on what you are asking for: the main game itself, or all the extras: By sheer wealth of extras and goodies and time to get everything, FFX wins by far (FFXI doesn't count because it is online). As for main game itself, I'd say either FFIX, X, or VI. Whichever version you can get (or is available by area) is good, except FFX Int. or Pal, which is rigged and for people who can't handle Berserk/Confusion/Poison at the same time, or can't afford to pay Yojimbo a large sum of money to get an uber-auto-kill.

FFVIII and FFIX both have 4 PSX discs; not an indication of length, as Hsu said, but FFX/X-2 uses an entire PS2 DVD, which is considerably more than multiple PSX CDs. It'll certainly FEEL longer...

If you are looking for a game to play, then I suggest FFX next; similar to FFVII, it's nice and different, so you won't be tempted to say "ohh, I only wanna play this." Unfortunately, I also run the risk of turning you into a fanboy. To cure that, I refer you to this:
http://www.freewebs.com/twoleftsocks/choices.JPG
So play FFVI after FFX. After that, play anything else that you might wish to proceed in, if not that, then play them all!

After all, the original versions on Emulator are free; can YOU resist free stuff? That's right, you can't! Free == good, and good == FFI-VI, therefore, good == leetcakes and hawtstuffz. But I don't discourage you to play the new games, just add them to a balanced mix and you should turn out fine. Unless you play FFX-2. Then you are just gone. After that, if you wish, you can also play the Kingdom Hearts series, a good series to recommend.

BustaMo
06-12-2006, 10:13 PM
1. FFX In my opinion
2. FFX In my opinion
3. FFVIII and FFIX with 4

Captain Maxx Power
06-12-2006, 10:26 PM
1.is the best?
2. is the longest?
3. has the most discs?

1. Depends on what you think is the best
2. Depends on what you play the most
3. Final Fantasy 8 PC version, clocking in at 5

Tavrobel
06-12-2006, 10:35 PM
1.is the best?
2. is the longest?
3. has the most discs?

1. Depends on what you think is the best
2. Depends on what you play the most
3. Final Fantasy 8 PC version, clocking in at 5

GAAH WE ALL FORGOT ABOUT THE PC VERSION. Maxx Power wins at life.

Chris
06-13-2006, 01:00 PM
1. Personally, I think that Final Fantasy 9 is the best. It has such great character and longevity.

2. Counting all sidequest and stuff, I'd probably say FFIX.

3. FFIX & FFVIII each with fours discs.

Dell
06-13-2006, 05:49 PM
1. FFVII always live in my heart as the king of all FF.
2. FFIX.
3. FFVIII PC Version: 5 Disc

(I think FFIX and FFVIII story is longer than FFX story)

I think after FFVII, he should move on to FFIX and learn FF Fixed Job, this way, he won't have problems with FFIV and FFVI. After that, he should go on to earlier FF then play VIII, X, X-2, KH and so on.

boys from the dwarf
06-15-2006, 04:38 PM
FF9. its my favourite. it has four disks. and is long and incredibly interesting storyline wise and also the characters and battle system is great. its very long and in addition to that it has a lot of great sidequests.

finAL lif£
06-15-2006, 05:26 PM
:( [whER can i doWn loAd finAl fAn. gAmeS???

ActUAllY,, i jUSt new her3,, buT i do waTchin F.F movIe'S.. buT

i wanT to pLAy.. do i neeD tO buY a CD's oR juSt easY tO

down loAd??:confused:

Tavrobel
06-15-2006, 05:44 PM
:( [whER can i doWn loAd finAl fAn. gAmeS???

ActUAllY,, i jUSt new her3,, buT i do waTchin F.F movIe'S.. buT

i wanT to pLAy.. do i neeD tO buY a CD's oR juSt easY tO

down loAd??:confused:

We are not allowed to disclose any illegal information. FFI through VI can be downloaded on emulator.

Final Fantasy VII through X are on the PSX/PS2, as well as multiple remakes of the old games.

You will need to spend money.

And your sig is huge. WAY over the limit. Have you read the FAQ (http://forums.eyesonff.com/faq.php)?

I also barely understood your question. Try not to randomly capitalize letters.