PDA

View Full Version : Oh noes!

Rye
06-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Have you ever had relatives of yours live with you due to whatever circumstance? My Italian grandma has been coming to live with us for one month every summer since I was born, but now, she's coming to live American, and her other son, my uncle, has become a complete failure and won't let her live with them at ALL (extremely long story, all you need to know is that that family has major issues and he's a lazy failure and his wife is awful too), which is completely unfair to us and her, so we have to have her live with us ALL SUMMER AGAIN. Possibly even later, because it's until she finds a house. And I'd feel bad and embrace her, but she is really mean and greedy and rude. And insults me in terrible pigeon English (despite her having lived in the US for 20 years. She still speaks terrible pigeon English and yells stuff like "ME NO LIKE!!") and she calls my brother fat constantly to his face, even though she's a fat Italian old grandma herself.

And she told my parents not to let me go to college because I'd "just get married and have babies, anyways." Can you believe that?! ;______; I don't like her. And she lives in my computer room. I probably sound like a terrible granddaughter, but she's so mean. And gah, don't even get me started on when my failure Uncle lived with us for a week or two after he got arrested by his other wife. And please, don't say "Oh, why don't you talk to her? She might be so nice!" Believe, I can't. I can't understand a word she says, unless it happens to be "JEEEEESSEEECA! WHY YOU NO HAVE NO FRIENDS?!" or "ME NO LIKE!" and such. xD I try to find humour in this, because if I don't, I'll just cry.

She'll be here any minute and I'm mourning my freedom. xD Anyways, any stories from you guys? Funny ones preferably. I want to laugh and not be all emo about my grandma torturing me all summer. :p

Alive-Cat
06-12-2006, 08:58 PM
Well, though not quite the same as yours, my brother lives in two houses. He has his own flat with his girlfriend, but he keeps his clothes here, in MY computer room. He sleeps there, then every morning comes into our house to shower and get dressed for work, waking me up.
He says it's cuz there's no room for his clothes at his flat, but I just think he likes having his meals cooked by his girlfriend, and his clothes ironed by his mum...:mad:

DeathKnight
06-12-2006, 09:00 PM
See this is a PRIME example of why you should ALWAYS make sure your siblings finish school AND college.

When I have my own family, I will ONLY have mercy for mom and brothers, no one else.

Anaisa
06-12-2006, 09:23 PM
I hate living with people. I hated living with my family even when I was a kid. I'm very territorial, an make it quite clear to relatives I don't want them in my house. The worst though is when your parents get divorced and they move some little cretin into your house. I had to stay with relatives last year, and it was Hell. I don't know how with two rifles in the hallway I didn't opt to shoot myself instead. :shoot:

project X
06-12-2006, 09:28 PM
My grandma came to stay with us for three weeks. I feel the same exact way as you do and I'm just counting down the days until she leaves.

Medi
06-12-2006, 09:31 PM
My Aunt was gonna live with us, but she moved out in a day because my mom moved her candy into a cabinet. :)

can anyone say lmao?

Avarice-ness
06-12-2006, 09:31 PM
Oh my gosh that's horrid. =[
My Grandmother lived with me and my mom when I was in 8th grade, I had gotten Mono from the soccer teams water cooler so I was stuck at home for 3 months with her there. She was -extremely- lazy, when my mom would go to work, my Granny would ask me to cook her something even though I was sick, it got to the point where Granny would be watching Tv on the Sofa, a good 5 feet from the front door, and the door bell would ring and she'd yell for me to come get it, and if I was asleep or in my room dying as sick people tend to feel like they're doing sometimes, she'd come up to my room and start ranting about how I was being to lazy and that I shouldn't coop myself up in my room.

x x.... I didn't really like that..

Shauna
06-12-2006, 09:33 PM
I've never had a family member life with me, who's not part of my immediate family. :p

Roto13
06-12-2006, 09:39 PM
We used to live with my grandfather. He was a great man though, so I really didn't mind. But I hate hate HATE having people stay with me or staying with people. I really do.

NeoCracker
06-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Yes, its happened a few times. I must say a good chunk of my family and laugh at them and tell them to find somewhere else to stay, cause to me they're not family, but thats another story entirely.

Zeldy
06-12-2006, 09:42 PM
Nobody has ever stayed in this house apart from Sleepovers. I geuss Im lucky ^_____^

SammieBabe
06-12-2006, 09:43 PM
xD
I love the fact that we have crazy Italian grandma's in common, Rye...
:D
Right now my sister in law is staying with us temporarily. And I mean TEMPORARILY...

Jess
06-12-2006, 09:56 PM
I get along with all of my family, so I like enjoy it when they come to stay. I guess I'm lucky. Considering I'm in Essex and they're (mostly) in Newcastle and Sunderland I only see my family 2-3 times a year - sometimes less, so they don't really get a chance to irritate me! :jess:

Tavrobel
06-12-2006, 10:09 PM
I tend to get along with my family (despite their disposition towards me, I don't play sports, and Don't think I should, I'm AZN so you know, that means straight As > 8 Interceptions and 4 fumble recoveries, and is the only Safety at his high school, I just DON'T understand why they would have a 4-4-3 lineup).

However, we usually wind up staying at a cousin's house for a few days during the summer hosting because my father and I are absolute pricks about that kind of stuff.

Yet, my uncle and aunt stayed with us for awhile until they could find an apartment, and I tried my best not to get in their way, or wake them up at 6 AM playing SSB on the N64. This was awhile ago, though.

Hambone
06-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Well none about my family, but my friend Zack has to live with his grandma because nobody knows where his mom is and his father died.

Chris
06-12-2006, 10:47 PM
My older sis usually drops by once every other year. I miss her so much, but she's always on the road. She comes over from Africa with all of these amazing stories about family there! I always love the stories she share with us. I'm having such a good time when she decides to drop by, so I miss her badly whenever she decides to leave. But I always keep her crazy stories in mind, so I always laugh whenever I think of her. She's the best! Aimee is teh best.

Levian
06-12-2006, 11:22 PM
No.

kikimm
06-13-2006, 12:49 AM
Haha, my Mormor's lived with me pretty much my whole life. I'm not gonna go into great detail or anything but yeah....agh. And it's just getting worse and worse.

But okay like my Mormor is really open about things, like a lot of old people are. And this one time, she slipped on our welcoming mat by the front door and broke two of our windows during the fall. She also got this gigantic bruise on her butt. And I swear to God I had to see that thing a million times. Every time we had company over, she'd pull down her pants and show them her gross purple, green, blue bruise. It was the worst.

I'm sorry about your grandma though. Just slap her across the face next time she says something like that, that'll fix her right up.

Rye
06-13-2006, 12:57 AM
My grandma frightens in ways that should not be possible for an old person. Look what she gave to MY DAD, HER SON as a gift?

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/ryessica89/gigaloslippersohgod.jpg</a>

... My family is so weird. ;___; How does she even KNOW what gigolo means, considering she can hardly speak English, and if she does know, why would she give that to her own SON? *sobs* And where did she get THOSE slippers. Only Italy, only Italy...

Hambone
06-13-2006, 01:06 AM
poor, Rye.

Tavrobel
06-13-2006, 01:10 AM
My grandma frightens in ways that should not be possible for an old person. Look what she gave to MY DAD, HER SON as a gift?

... My family is so weird. ;___; How does she even KNOW what gigolo means, considering she can hardly speak English, and if she does know, why would she give that to her own SON? *sobs* And where did she get THOSE slippers. Only Italy, only Italy...

It's not the worst thing that can happen.
Just thank the Powers that Be that you didn't come from an Asian family.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
06-13-2006, 01:11 AM

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f302/ryessica89/gigaloslippersohgod.jpg</a>

Wow, that is wierd. But dont worry, my family is wierd too. Dont care to share right now. Maybe later :D

rubah
06-13-2006, 01:11 AM
My sister lived with us for a few weeks before she found an apartment. She wasn't invading my privacy, but just another person being in thehouse was awkward feeling ofr me. And the bathroom counter was really crowded with her stuff there :(

Yuffie514
06-13-2006, 01:26 AM
my cousin (who is like 35 years older than i am), and her boyfriend make frequent stops at my house. they are from California, but they come to Arizona, searching for a permanent job in facial/manicure business. work several places and determine if the $$ they made is satisfactory - but haven't they ever considered submitting resumes?

my aunt and uncle (now lives in California). also used to live in Arizona and make stops at my house while moving furniture and other materials that could fit in their truck. i feel like i'm 7-11 (and there is one just across the street/with a neighboring suite, xD), except that it's like a bed & breakfast service at my house. actually, they just pig out...

Reine
06-13-2006, 03:42 PM
Back when we lived in Rotorua (A kind of tourist town in New Zealand) we owned this massive 5 bedroom house, and my mums adoptive mother lived with us, upstairs. It was hell.

After she moved out, I eventually got the upstairs room, and sometime later, a friend from school and his family moved in with us for a while...man I got so fucked off with him after a while, he was cool at first of course, but then :/

Yeah, its hell

Old Manus
06-13-2006, 03:48 PM
I am definately getting those.

Christmas
06-13-2006, 03:50 PM

I think I can get along with your grandma VERY WELL.

MageLuingil
06-13-2006, 04:00 PM
I've never had to deal with my grandmother for longer than dinner... Lucky for me, she's not quite that bad either, although when she gets in the right mood, she can be absolutely convinced the whole world is out to get her.

~SapphireStar~
06-13-2006, 04:48 PM
I havent had a relative stay over, but my friend and her sister had to stay over cause their mum had been admitted to hospital. It was fun for the first 3 days, then as the weeks went on I started to get annoyed. They took my room and I had to sleep on the floor in my parents room, they copied my homework and trashed my room and everytime they did I had to clean it!

Cz
06-13-2006, 04:54 PM
My grandmother came to stay with us for a few months when she was ill. I was quite young at the time, and I got along well with her, so it wasn't much of a problem. I had to share a room with my sister though, which was really rubbish, because girls smell and all. :p