PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone take sleep seriously?

Peter_20
06-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Alright, here I'm sitting, at like 10:30 PM, Swedish time.
I'm gonna get up at about 8:00 AM tomorrow, but I really don't feel like going to sleep yet, oh noes, I'm gonna stay up for just a little while longer.
When I get home to my apartment, I'm gonna play some Final Fantasy 6, as usual, and then read a few chapters in The Silmarillion (:heart:) before actually sleeping.

I mean, I don't take sleep too seriously, and I like it.
Instead of feeling like "OMG, gotta sleep when I get home!", it's more like "I'll sleep soon, but FIRST, I'm gonna play some games and whatnot, yay".
I don't feel so damn restricted because of some unwritten "sleeping rule", and it actually feels much better.
Sometimes I can just stay up all night and sleep whenever I have time for it, whatever. :p

Do you have this attitude as well? :D

Tavrobel
06-12-2006, 09:44 PM
and then read a few chapters in The Silmarillion

Good boy.

Well, I usually try to get to sleep at a normal time (usually ten pm because there's nothing worth doing after that). If I miss it, it's not that bad unless I forgot to shower.

Avarice-ness
06-12-2006, 09:45 PM
I am bar -faaaar- a great procrastinator. I'll complain about me being tired around 11pm and Midnight and then I end up side tracking myself from sleep until about 3am, then I start freaking out because my dad would have to be awake in less than an hour to go to work. So I normally end up getting a good 6 hours of sleep. =}

It's not that I'm an insomniac, I'm just a night owl, plus the only thing in sleep that is entertaining are my dreams, when I'm awake anything can be entertaining! Oh the possibilties! Even at 3am!
I actually was on here until like 2:30 this morning, and then instead of sleeping I ended up reading a book. And yet I was -exhausted-. :D

Zeldy
06-12-2006, 09:48 PM
Its not really an option when you have school, you HAVE to sleep otherwise you'll end up falling asleep in lessons :p And school is really tiring, so you crave sleep.

On holidays, I usually stay up late. (Late being for a 13 year old), so about 1am, sometimes 2am.

Alive-Cat
06-12-2006, 10:03 PM
I don't take sleep seriously at all. If I don't get to bed early I won't care at all, but if I CAN get to bed early, I will, because sleep is so good. And nowdays I love dreaming.

Jess
06-12-2006, 10:06 PM
I probably don't sleep enough. Even when I have to wake up at times like 7am I won't sleep until roughly 1.30am. When I know I don't have to wake up early in the morning I'll stay awake until about 3-4am and I'll wake up roughly around 10-12. :jess:

Marly
06-12-2006, 10:10 PM
Its not really an option when you have school, you HAVE to sleep otherwise you'll end up falling asleep in lessons :p And school is really tiring, so you crave sleep.

On holidays, I usually stay up late. (Late being for a 13 year old), so about 1am, sometimes 2am.

^ditto except for the 13 years old bit

Old Manus
06-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Sleep is serious business.

Anaisa
06-12-2006, 10:16 PM
I want to get a certain amount of sleep for dreams. I usually go to bed between 1.30 AM -4.30AM during the Summer. But during the colder months it's usually between 1.30AM - 6AM. I prefer sleeping to my natural body clock, an I'm disgusted that it's discriminated against. Me an people like me shouldn't have to go to school or work etc at 9AM if we didn't go to bed til 6AM. I think we should start a revolt against these dirty early nighters who expect us to do just that. If we forced them to sleep our hours they'd soon be complaining. :irked:

Hambone
06-12-2006, 10:21 PM
Last night I went to bed at 4 a.m and to day I woke up at 4 p.m. Yes, I do take it seriously... sometimes.

Peter_20
06-12-2006, 10:23 PM
I want to get a certain amount of sleep for dreams. I usually go to bed between 1.30 AM -4.30AM during the Summer. But during the colder months it's usually between 1.30AM - 6AM. I prefer sleeping to my natural body clock, an I'm disgusted that it's discriminated against. Me an people like me shouldn't have to go to school or work etc at 9AM if we didn't go to bed til 6AM. I think we should start a revolt against these dirty early nighters who expect us to do just that. If we forced them to sleep our hours they'd soon be complaining. :irked:There's some people in South America who think the clock is plain devilry, and that life should be enjoyed without always having to keeping track of time.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-12-2006, 11:24 PM
Sleep is really important for proper brain function during the day. Lately I haven't been getting enough sleep. The perfect amount of sleep for me is over 9 hours, but I've been getting much less due to mild insomnia. For literally all aspects of my mind, sleep is highly important, especially due to my growth spurt right now. I don't understand how some people can get by with under 5 hours of sleep.

Levian
06-12-2006, 11:26 PM
It's hard to take sleep serious when it keeps cracking dead baby jokes.

Sefie1999AD
06-12-2006, 11:53 PM
I probably should take sleep more seriously. I'll need to wake up at 7 AM tomorrow morning, and it's already 1.50 AM. My last night was also too short, but that was also because I couldn't really get sleep. This would be a good cue for me to head to sleep, though. :p Goodnight!

SammieBabe
06-13-2006, 12:12 AM
I take sleep seriously, but I still don't get enough...

Reine
06-13-2006, 12:13 AM
I sleep when im tired, unless im doing something important...

I sleep at random times xD

Mirage
06-13-2006, 12:42 AM
I do try to get enough sleep, but I don't really care *when* I get it. Sleeping for hours after school or work is not uncommon for me.
So yeah, I sleep because I'm tired, not because the clock or amount of daylight (or lack thereof) tells me to.

Yamaneko
06-13-2006, 12:51 AM
I don't care about sleep when I'm awake, but when I have to wake up I care a lot about it.

Yuffie514
06-13-2006, 01:34 AM
in the past few weeks:
i wake up around 9:15am. i go to bed around 1:00am, but i have a sleeping disorder, so i could be awake for about 1 - 2 hrs longer...

Sylvie
06-13-2006, 01:39 AM
Well its summer break, and I'm 13. Stayed up till 5:00 AM this morning and slept till 1:30 PM. I like it...

eestlinc
06-13-2006, 01:44 AM
sleep deprivation can have serious long term negative health effects, both physical and mental. I attribute much of my good mental and physical health to reliable and regular sleep.

Slade
06-13-2006, 02:13 AM
I don't take sleep seriously either. Weeknights I go to bed at midnight even though I have to wake up at about 7 the next morning. Weekends its later, usually 2am but I sleep in till about 10am so its ok. The thing is, I find sleep gets in the way. If I haven't done all the things I wanted to do during the day, then I can't sleep till I've done most of them.....even if it is something as silly as playing Playstation.

On another note, last tuesday I pulled an all nighter to get all my art course work completed for an assesement. I woke up on Tuesday morning at 7am (as I usually do) and didn't go to bed till lunchtime the next day! The thing was that I finished all my work by 5:30 that morning, but I just couldn't get to sleep! I stayed up and played playstation all morning.......then went to sleep at midday.

Shlup
06-13-2006, 02:39 AM
I stayed up reading last night so I only slept five hours. But when I got home from work today I crashed and took a four hour nap. xP

Madame Adequate
06-13-2006, 03:18 AM
I just sleep when tired. Usually that means from 4-7am until 1-3pm.

Which is a lot longer than I'd like to spend asleep. =/

Mr. Graves
06-13-2006, 04:03 AM
I only take it seriously if I have to get up to go somewhere in the morning. In which case, I do have a desire to stay up tonight until 2:00 AM, and sleep in a bit.

Yuna-Lenne
06-13-2006, 04:48 PM
I actually like my sleep, though I don't usually worry about going to bed before I'm tired. Even if I'm tired I'll sometimes stay up because I want to do something like read a book or make a sig on the computer. I don't take it TOO seriously, but more seriously than some.

DeathKnight
06-13-2006, 04:50 PM
I do! I just can't go to sleep at 10PM??? it's impossible! so I end up not sleeping 8 hours..........more like 5 or 6...:mad2: but it's summer! so no school! so I sleep 8 hours+

Loony BoB
06-13-2006, 05:01 PM
When you work 9-5, you learn not to go to bed too late. I try to be asleep by 2am, if not 1am. I have to wake at around 7:30-40am, so I get around 6 or more hours of sleep on most nights. If I start feelign crap, I sleep more - but the odds of me sleeping less are very, very slim. Sleep is something I like to do after a long day's work.

I take sleep seriously because it's something you should get a decent amount of. That doesn't mean I have a specific time I go to bed every night or anything, it just means that I respect the needs of my body and mind.

Peter_20
06-13-2006, 06:34 PM
I played Final Fantasy 6 until 7:00 AM last night, and then I was just gonna "rest a bit, before getting up" - I didn't hear the alarm clock. xD

Resha
06-13-2006, 07:17 PM
and then read a few chapters in The Silmarillion

Good boy.
QFT.

Sleep and I are not friends. I wish sleep wasn't so necessary, because it seems to me otherwise a complete waste of time (especially with the World Cup on). However, I am a certified insomniac anyways, so I stay up all night often. It's just too easy to procrastinate on sleep. :D

MageLuingil
06-13-2006, 07:34 PM
I can't stand waking up past 11:00 am, it just makes you feel all nasty. Well, it makes me feel that way anyway.

I do take sleeping seriously. My preferred schedule is to go to sleep anywhere from 11pm to 1am, and get up around 8-9 am. Of course, I'm working this summer, so I have to get up at 6:30...