PDA

View Full Version : Shattered Teleport in the Crag of Mea in the Tahrongi Canyon region

Crossblades
06-13-2006, 02:21 AM
Is there any way to restore this teleport? How do you do it and where does this teleport take you?

Miriel
06-13-2006, 02:26 AM
There are shattered teleports at all three crags, Mea, Holla, and Dem.

They come into play during the Promyvion missions (Chains of Promathia expansion).

Crossblades
06-13-2006, 02:34 AM
There are shattered teleports at all three crags, Mea, Holla, and Dem.

They come into play during the Promyvion missions (Chains of Promathia expansion).

How do I access those missions?(playing the xbox 360 version btw)

Rostum
06-13-2006, 02:56 AM
You have to go through some cutscenes in Lower Delkfutt tower (Qufim), Upper Jeuno and Ru'lude Gardens. Then you can go and enter one.

You'll need a party of 6 or so, to compelete each one, but the first level is easy to solo some mobs. Takes a bit of strategy and avoiding aggro though.

Roogle
06-13-2006, 04:42 AM
Your current job upon entering Promyvion-Dem, Promyvion-Holla, and Promyvion-Mea will be capped at 30. This means that, even if you are higher than level 30, you will be level 30 upon entering; however, if you are lower than level 30, nothing will change.

Markus. D
06-13-2006, 09:20 AM
ahhhh , I only got the first CoP mission done.

darn... this is sort of warding me away from my ROish ways v_v

Laguna
06-13-2006, 04:11 PM
I've never even been on a promyvion run. I've made more progress with ToAU than CoP. I mean, sure the rings are a nice reward, but I can see why its dubbed the worst expansion.

chionos
06-13-2006, 07:45 PM
chains of promathia is only considered the worst because it's so incredibly hard. In reality, the rewards are better, the fights are better, the story's better, everything about CoP is better than zilart and what we have of toau so far. chains would be worthwhile to me even if there were absolutely no rewards, no Rajas, no Hollow Earring, no AF+1 or brutal earring or boxer's mantle.
The storyline alone makes FFXI a worthwhile investment.
But it is hard and frustrating. 6-4 will probably be the hardest fight any of you will have faced up to that point. Even 5-3 makes some people give up, but I guarantee it's worth your time. People who say CoP sucks are sissies that are unable to win the difficult fights.

Laguna
06-13-2006, 09:45 PM
I resent that :p Im more than capable of winning a tough fight. What annoys me is the people who refuse to go on promyvions because they are a waste of time!

Roogle
06-13-2006, 10:20 PM
I'd love to say that the rewards of Chains of Promathia are worth it, but the time investment at some points was very long for me because, at the time that I had finished it, not many people had done it and we were low on strategies all the time.

I remember entire days of my life spent towards that, and that's not that good at all!

Yeargdribble
06-14-2006, 02:25 AM
Well especially now with ToAU being such a success people think rather poorly of CoP.

Now while there is a small handful of pros (Limbus and all that it brings) the cons are way more.

The problem is that sea just doesn't compare to sky. Most jobs can use a ton of gear from sky. For most of the jobs that can wear god gear almost every piece is good for them as well as many jobs using many different abjurations for gear and a long list of other useful things.

In sea each job has 1-2 things that are good for them. Perhaps if you're a BLM there are 3 good pieces in all of sea for you and you'll almost never see one of them. The weapons aren't that useful outside of sea and while the torques and some capes are often most jobs basically only get good use out of one of them.

So you're in sky and you want a piece of gear. You go farm the two trigger NMs (which drop 100%) and then you fight the god... no problem. Many dedicated sky LSs can fight 2 Kirin's a week. My shell fights all 1-3 of every god except for Byakko every week and do Kirins every time we get a Byakko (damn RMT at Ulli). This is a huge influx of gear for fairly minimal efforts and most gear drops every other time (with things like A Abj. Hands being a notable exception).

In sea you have no competition and no RMT. However it's not as easy to fight jailer as it is gods. You go out for hours and hours trying to get the pop items for tier 1 jailers. The trigger NMs seem to be random and have horrible drop rates for the pop items. So you finally get the pop items for one of the tier 1 jailers... and they drop... /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif. You start all over and try to get the pop items again. Repeat until you vomit.

If you get the pop items for tier 2 jailers they pull the same crap and don't drop their pop item so that you can pop Jailer of Love. So you start back over and square one getting the pop items for tier 1 jailer to pop a tier 2 jailer to try to get his pop. While you could put in minimal work and pop 2 Kirin's in a week it would take you at least a month or more to get lucky enough to pop Jailer of Love. Then if you do pop AV he's impossible to beat and so there is no point.

On top of the drop rates for pop items sucking the drop rates on those 1-2 piece of decent gear per job suck even more. A friend of mine finally got his Merciful Cape.... 1/31. So how much wasted effort and time would it take to equip every BLM in an endgame shell with a Merciful Cape? I'd rather slit my wrists than ponder it.

This is why the endgame community sees CoP as a failure.