PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Beat The Temple-Type Fiend

Summoner
06-13-2006, 02:39 AM
I'm in Chapter 5, and there's a fiend that appears every now and again. It looks like the fiends that appeared over and over again when you first went into the temply in Besaid when fiends kept coming out of it. I thought it was the same fiend, except for one problem: None of my attacks, regular or not, hurt it. It's invulnerable to every attack I've thrown at ti so far. It appears, so far, usually in the area that you'll come to once you jump down one of the holes. I think it appears in 2 or 3 of them. I'll try getting it's name, but since I've never beaten it, I don't think I'll have it. How do you beat this fiend, if you know what I'm talking about?

Tavrobel
06-13-2006, 02:55 AM
It's either Aka Manah or Daevah.

You clearly haven't exhausted your options. This I know to be true.

Spell-spinners, dangerous group of fiends. Immune to both physical AND magic attacks, so therefore, you must any attack at your disposal that does not fall under those categories. You have nearly half the Dresspheres that have such an alternative (attacks that are both non-physical, non-magical).

Clearly, a winner never quits, and a quitter never wins, but if you don't succeed in either, that's just dumb.

You can also run. The best option. By far.

Lawr
06-13-2006, 06:41 AM
He beat me to it...

TheSpoonyBard
06-13-2006, 03:04 PM
Neither Aka Manah or Daeva are immune to physical/magical attacks aside from Gravity damage. Aeshma is immune to physical attacks, but that's the only one. Just use Dark Knight's Darkness or Holy magic, since they're weak to that element.

Tavrobel
06-13-2006, 03:07 PM
Aeshma is immune to physical attacks

Yeah, that's the one. They all have too many "A"s to remember properly. Not sure WHY you would want to memorize anything from FFX-2 but, that's your prerogative I guess.

Markus. D
06-13-2006, 03:49 PM
I think there is some form of Anti- bullet that might help.

Tavrobel
06-13-2006, 03:55 PM
Not for the Family "Spell-Spinner."

No.78
06-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Sparkler isn't magic or physical... Neither is fireworks... If that helps.

Dell
06-13-2006, 05:00 PM
Darkness.

OR always have an adorable Black Mage (like me) (See Renmiri's Avatar)

OR equip Charm Bangle.

Summoner
06-15-2006, 01:08 AM

Spell-spinners, dangerous group of fiends. Immune to both physical AND magic attacks, so therefore, you must any attack at your disposal that does not fall under those categories. You have nearly half the Dresspheres that have such an alternative (attacks that are both non-physical, non-magical).

Clearly, a winner never quits, and a quitter never wins, but if you don't succeed in either, that's just dumb.

.......Other dresspheres? I haven't leveled them up nearly as much as I'd wanted to. I used the Warrior dressphere for the majority of the game and mastered it with everyone. Well, I'll try that. Thanks everyone.

Dell
06-15-2006, 05:47 PM

.......Other dresspheres? I haven't leveled them up nearly as much as I'd wanted to. I used the Warrior dressphere for the majority of the game and mastered it with everyone. Well, I'll try that. Thanks everyone.

Use Dark Knight dressphere. Also have other dressphere such as Alchemist, Lady Luck and Gun Mage.

!Rikku!
07-09-2006, 09:54 PM
I'm in Chapter 5, and there's a fiend that appears every now and again. It looks like the fiends that appeared over and over again when you first went into the temply in Besaid when fiends kept coming out of it. I thought it was the same fiend, except for one problem: None of my attacks, regular or not, hurt it. It's invulnerable to every attack I've thrown at ti so far. It appears, so far, usually in the area that you'll come to once you jump down one of the holes. I think it appears in 2 or 3 of them. I'll try getting it's name, but since I've never beaten it, I don't think I'll have it. How do you beat this fiend, if you know what I'm talking about?
Haa! I know this one!It's Daevah(I think...),you can hurt it only with black magic ,or Dark Knight.I think Gun mage works too.Then it should be as easy as Omega Weapon is.:D It's easy.If ur lvl 77...LOL

kain_ex
07-10-2006, 06:53 AM
Sparkler isn't magic or physical... Neither is fireworks... If that helps.

Sparkler/Fireworks ARE physical attacks. You can see that when fighting those Nodes of Vegnagun, try and shoot a Sparkler on a RED node (immune to physical) and it's immune to it.

OFF TOPIC: I won't be posting for a week 'cuz I'll be travelling, so later people =P