PDA

View Full Version : weird Questions...

Neron
06-13-2006, 04:54 AM
Ill Start A New Topic Of My Own..About Stuff I Wonder About...And See If Other pepole Wonder about it to...

When You Talk Inside Your Head About Stuff...How Do You Hear It?:confused:

If You Smoke? And You Know Its Killing You..Is It Considered Suicide?

Christmas
06-13-2006, 04:56 AM
Any hints?

Lychon
06-13-2006, 05:00 AM
When I think to myself, I guess you could say that I 'hear' the essence of my voice in my mind.

I don't smoke. Smoking is not suicide because the majority of people who do it do not wish to die. If smoking is suicidal, then by the same logic you can claim that anyone who eats at a fast food restaurant is suicidal. Tobacco products offer a relaxing and enjoyable experience and have manufacturers who are regulated by government sanctions (as opposed to drug manufacturers).

-LYCHON

Neron
06-13-2006, 05:16 AM
When I think to myself, I guess you could say that I 'hear' the essence of my voice in my mind.

I don't smoke. Smoking is not suicide because the majority of people who do it do not wish to die. If smoking is suicidal, then by the same logic you can claim that anyone who eats at a fast food restaurant is suicidal. Tobacco products offer a relaxing and enjoyable experience and have manufacturers who are regulated by government sanctions (as opposed to drug manufacturers). ...
i did not mean for u to get technical..just things that make me wonder for a few...and how is killing ur self Relaxing..i use to smoke..and it just relived me from the need of the ciggarate...i found it not relaxing in anyway...if u continue to do it,.and u know its killing you...you can stop at any time...nobody said it was Easy..i guess you could say fastfood kills you..but...not really..itll make u fat if u eat alot of it...but i don't think many ppl Eat alot of it to make u really fat or sick enough to die.. and if some due. pity them..

eestlinc
06-13-2006, 05:21 AM
i don't think smoking is suicide, it's just trading days of life for pleasure, or something.

you only hear thoughts in your head the same way you hear everything else. your brain creates the sensation but it just isn't stimulated by sound waves absorbed in the ear.

Neron
06-13-2006, 05:27 AM
For Some odd Reason..I Do...if u just think about it...one Puff...is like 7 minutes and every puff a higher chance of lung cancer,mouth cancer, Which is a Higher Chance Of Death..There Bringing it on to them..and if they continue..death is on there heels,.. yes..the mind thing...its just kinda funny..how do u hear it...you got Mind ears :P???!!!

eestlinc
06-13-2006, 05:28 AM
you just skip the noise part and go directly to the brain waves. your brain can create the same sensations as it does when you hear noises.

Neron
06-13-2006, 05:31 AM
Im Sure Your Correct eestlinc Just i wonder about the weirdst things :P ,.

Calliope
06-13-2006, 05:32 AM
Smoking is best paired with tap-dancing, linking arms and striding through the streets, jb+c, fedoras, and being either a lawyer, artstar or...nah, that's it. Also, ladies smoke using cigarette holders, whilst children smoke using their parents.

Yesterday my grandmother said she'd go fetch my grandfather some smokes, and for the next half an hour my grandfather swanned around the lounge singing television jingles. It was wonderful.

Neron
06-13-2006, 05:34 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

eestlinc
06-13-2006, 05:36 AM
xD that's Calliope for you!

weird things are great to wonder about!

Neron
06-13-2006, 05:37 AM
heheh...Your signature..Looks So Familliar..What Cartoon? :tongue:

DeathKnight
06-13-2006, 05:01 PM
Interesting thread.

Well when I talk to myself, I hear my voice.....somewhat in an anime kind of way.

When you smoke and you know it's killing you, it's called ADDICTION. It can also be categorized as suicide. They don't care if they don't get to live to 50.

Loony BoB
06-13-2006, 05:08 PM
eest hit the nail on the head, although I wouldn't use his cigarette rule universally, as for some people, it's more 'feeding an addiction' than 'pleasure'. It's one thing to do something voluntarily because it makes you feel good, it's another to do something because you're addicted and the longer you don't do it, the more mentally/physically/emotionally unstable you become... or something. You get the point, anyway.

Reine
06-13-2006, 05:40 PM
Wierd questions alright. Eest and BoB have answered the questions anyway.

RPJesus
06-13-2006, 07:12 PM
Depends. Most of the time, I hear my thoughts in my voice (at least the voice I hear).
I have a friend in my head though, and he talks a lot. So a lot of things are in his voice. It's half me thinking it, half him. Sometimes me playing about, sometimes his idiotic ranting.

Smoking isn't suicide, because people don't mean to kill themself by it. If they wanted to die, they wouldn't use a method that took 50 painful years. It'll kill you, but eventually. It's not suicidal, just plain stupid.

A thought of minely- are trees tress? Or are they cows in disguise. Hiding in the earth, with a big tree cat. And look at that sheet of paper there. How do you know it is not a caterpillar hiding?

Alive-Cat
06-13-2006, 07:14 PM
When I think in my mind it's a voice, and says what I'm thinking.
Also, the voice is Jamaican. In fact, it's Bob Marley. He's a very rational thinking human being, actually. And I love him a lot.

~SapphireStar~
06-13-2006, 07:58 PM
I dont smoke or see it as suicial, people do get pleasure from smoking cause it can relief someone of tension and stress. As for the voices, Ive never listened.

Neron
06-13-2006, 08:32 PM
Hmmm..I Wish I Had A Jamacian Vocie Inside My Head XD!

Dark Paladin
06-13-2006, 08:35 PM
I'm never thought about those questions but i have wondered deeply about, 'What happens when you die?'
I'm not being morbid, i just think its just something i would like to know.

Rye
06-13-2006, 08:43 PM
I talk in my head often. And I can "hear" my voice, but I don't hear it through my ears. elsie described it perfectly.

Lychon
06-13-2006, 10:47 PM

I don't smoke. Smoking is not suicide because the majority of people who do it do not wish to die. If smoking is suicidal, then by the same logic you can claim that anyone who eats at a fast food restaurant is suicidal. Tobacco products offer a relaxing and enjoyable experience and have manufacturers who are regulated by government sanctions (as opposed to drug manufacturers). ...
i did not mean for u to get technical..just things that make me wonder for a few...and how is killing ur self Relaxing..i use to smoke..and it just relived me from the need of the ciggarate...i found it not relaxing in anyway...if u continue to do it,.and u know its killing you...you can stop at any time...nobody said it was Easy..i guess you could say fastfood kills you..but...not really..itll make u fat if u eat alot of it...but i don't think many ppl Eat alot of it to make u really fat or sick enough to die.. and if some due. pity them..

Obviously you did mean for me to get technical because your response to my post is awfully confrontational. You need serious reexamination of your logic pattern if you believe that smoking is suicide. Like I stated previously, anyone who frequents a fast food chain or any other eatery serving foods high in cholesterol can be seen as committing "suicide." Cholesterol leads to heart disease, which is the number 1 killer of men and women in the smurfing United States of America and possibly the entire world. People do die from constant consumption of unhealthy food without exercising it off. Heart disease does kill people- to such an extent that it makes tobacco related deaths look like chump change.

Compare the freaking statistics:
Here are the statistics for heart disease:

* At least 58.8 million people in this country suffer from some form of heart disease.

* One person in four suffers from some form of cardiovascular disease, including:
o high blood pressure - 50 million
o coronary heart disease - 12 million
+ angina pectoris - 6 million
+ myocardial infarction - 7 million
o stroke - 4.4 million
o rheumatic heart disease / rheumatic fever - 1.8 million
o congenital cardiovascular defects - 1 million
o congestive heart failure - 4.6 million

* Almost 1 out of every 2.4 deaths are from cardiovascular disease.

*Source:http://www.umm.edu/cardiac/stats.htm

Now here are the statistics for tobacco-related deaths:

* Cigarette smoking causes an estimated 440,000 deaths, or about 1 of every 5 deaths, each year. This estimate includes 35,000 deaths from secondhand smoke exposure.

*Source=http://www.cdc.gov/Tobacco/factsheets/Tobacco_Related_Mortality_factsheet.htm

Obviously, 1 out every 2.4 deaths produces much more deaths in the United States than tobacco's 1 out 5 deaths. I advice you to do some smurfing research next time before you before to argue senseless claims.

Smoking IS relaxing. If smoking was not relaxing and pleasurable for you, then you are suggesting that you have some sort of masochistic tendencies if you choose to do it. People do it because it relaxed them and because they find the influx of nicotine in their system to be a pleasant experience. They get addicted to this certain type of pleasant experience which is brought about by nicotine consumption.

I say once again: If smoking is suicide, than everyone who consumes alcohol or consumes any kind of unhealthy food which may lead to heart disease is suicidal as well. How's that technical for you? What is it with you "Truth" people? You attempt to shut down every single door of the human experience that you find unsuitable with your subjective moral values.

-LYCHON

ffrinoa8
06-13-2006, 10:49 PM
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]

Well this is one close to what I think about, "If you smoke and you know it kills other people isn't it considered murder?"

Lychon
06-13-2006, 11:09 PM
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]

Well this is one close to what I think about, "If you smoke and you know it kills other people isn't it considered murder?"

Lol, what is the matter with you people? Do you even know the definition of murder?

By law, murder is defined as the unlawful killing of one human by another with premeditated malice. I trust that it is safe to say that people who smoke do not have premeditated malice to kill anyone else with 'second-hand' smoke. That's why there are areas for smokers....and areas for non-smokers. This way, both people who smoke and don't smoke can have the right to enjoy their surroundings.

-LYCHON