PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XII sequel?

Larahl
06-13-2006, 08:40 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/read_article.php?topic_id=24706173&union_id=949

After Final Fantasy X-2, the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII and the announcement of Fabula Nova Crystallis, could Final Fantasy XII be getting it's own sequel? Full article inside.

It could well be the case. One of the developers working on Final Fantasy XII, Akihiko Yoshida recently said that the twelfth installment in the long running series may be getting a sequel of its own. However, Yoshida did state that the idea is at present, just an idea and nothing has been fully decided. To add to this Yoshida stressed that the release of FFXII in the US and Europe is the priority at present and any future plans are not currently undergoing.

Crossblades
06-13-2006, 01:58 PM
I don't know whether to be thrilled about this or disppointed. I think it's getting out of hand that every FF game is getting a sequel. I hope this isn't true

Larahl
06-13-2006, 02:03 PM
I also hope that this isn't true.
It's seems like Square Enix trying to squeeze every Final Fantasy title to earn more money from the fans.

No.78
06-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Ya know what I think? FFXIII will be the last one, adn then they'll make sequels and spin offs and remakes of all the existing final fantasy's... Which if I'm correct, makes this FF12 sequel inevitable.

Sefie1999AD
06-13-2006, 04:30 PM
I don't know whether to be thrilled about this or disppointed. I think it's getting out of hand that every FF game is getting a sequel. I hope this isn't true

That's what I think, too.

Setzer Gabianni
06-13-2006, 04:32 PM
Every FF game? Dammit, the only other title to get a sequel is FFVII - FFXIII has no direct sequels, just a compilation. Don't overreact, get your facts right first.

~Setzer Gabianni

Dark Paladin
06-13-2006, 08:06 PM
...and also if you don't like it, don't buy it. Its simple.

Crossblades
06-13-2006, 08:20 PM
Don't overreact, get your facts right first.

~Setzer Gabianni

Don't be rude, think before you post

And I didn't mean EVERY FF game. Just the latest ones like X, XII, and XIII

TheAbominatrix
06-13-2006, 08:29 PM
XIII isnt getting a sequel. It's going to get some related games, but not a sequel.

Of course SE is trying to squeeze every bit of money from these games. That's what they do, what they've always done (making money). If X-2 and AC hadnt sold so well, they wouldnt do this. You cant blame anyone but the fans.

Also, I think it's a bit pre-emptive to get upset about a possible sequel (read: possible) when most of us havent even played XII yet. Maybe a sequel will be fitting.

Again, just SE giving the fans what they wanted. Stop buying the sequels, and if enough people do that, they'll stop making them.

Necronopticous
06-13-2006, 09:56 PM
Wada has officially stated numerous times that this is what they're going to do from now on. Remember all the talk of polymorphic content? This is the future of the Final Fantasy series, get used to it.

feona17
06-26-2006, 07:03 PM
What's this about FFXIII being the last installment that's not a sequel?

Necronopticous
06-26-2006, 07:05 PM
It's the lastest installment in the Final Fantasy series that isn't a direct sequel.

~SapphireStar~
06-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Of course SE is trying to squeeze every bit of money from these games. That's what they do, what they've always done (making money). If X-2 and AC hadnt sold so well, they wouldnt do this. You cant blame anyone but the fans.
Again, just SE giving the fans what they wanted. Stop buying the sequels, and if enough people do that, they'll stop making them.
That is true though. We complain about the sequels, but we do end up purchasing them.

LunarWeaver
06-26-2006, 07:39 PM
I love sequels, I'm always in favor of more...and I'm even a poor bastard. Though I'd probly like to actually play the main game first it's been out in Japan for a while so sequel talk is not surprising I guess. With them spending 900 batrillion yen on XIII's compilation I can't see XII getting a serious sequel though...Most likely just be cart racing with chocobos or a dating sim or something equally non-rpg.

I'm still waiting for Final Fantasy:Karaoke so I can sing FF J-pop for myself, maybe this will answer my plea at long last.

~SapphireStar~
06-26-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm still waiting for Final Fantasy:Karaoke so I can sing FF J-pop for myself, maybe this will answer my plea at long last.
If that does happen, Im coming after you ...
Nah, that would be a laugh actually.

Millia Billia
06-26-2006, 09:43 PM
However, Yoshida did state that the idea is at present, just an idea and nothing has been fully decided. To add to this Yoshida stressed that the release of FFXII in the US and Europe is the priority at present and any future plans are not currently undergoing.
Even if it does happen, I don't see what the point in caring is; if you don't want to play it, don't play it.

feona17
06-29-2006, 05:40 AM
I think people are just against sequels because X-2 didn't have a strong enough story on it's own.

jj984jj
06-29-2006, 06:28 AM
I don't think they should botch up Matsuno's name with a bunch of spin-offs from their newer teams like they are FFVII, but I think a sequel would be nice though if they could get Matsuno back to work on one.

Zeromus_X
06-29-2006, 06:31 AM
They haven't even said there definitely will be one, he just said it was an idea. I don't really care though. I hate the idea of sequels, so I won't buy them. Easy.