PDA

View Full Version : sony or nintendo

Swift Strike
06-13-2006, 08:00 PM
what is the best sony or nintendo. any comments why

~SapphireStar~
06-13-2006, 08:01 PM
I prefer Sony over Nintendo cause Im a Sony fangirl and own a lot of Sony products.

Chris
06-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Nintendo for me. I love the cuteness of Nintendo's games.

Swift Strike
06-13-2006, 08:08 PM
why havent u voted

Chris
06-13-2006, 08:13 PM
why havent u voted
I did vote! :(

Roto13
06-13-2006, 08:15 PM
Nintendo for me.

Swift Strike
06-13-2006, 08:15 PM
i went for nintendo too they started the final fanasy games. sony was close because it has beter ones like ff7 and 8

Crossblades
06-13-2006, 08:28 PM
Nintendo because I always enjoy the games with popular icons like Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Fire Emblem, etc.

Spawn of Sephiroth
06-13-2006, 08:29 PM
sony just because of the fact that they have a bigger selection of RPG games.:choc2:

Dreddz
06-13-2006, 08:34 PM
Sony. I dont care what people say about them, they have delivered on all levels. If it werent for them, I'd be some Halo freak who creates fanclubs like Wii60.

That said, Sega > Sony.

Rase
06-13-2006, 08:38 PM
Seeing as how, barring my dad's Xbox, the only systems I've owned are Nintendo one, I'll go with them.

Maxico
06-13-2006, 08:44 PM
Sega

DJZen
06-13-2006, 08:52 PM
Nintendo attacked Sony's weak spot at E3 for massive damage.

Elite Lord Sigma
06-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Nintendo wins in my book, because they're always searching for ways to reinvent games to make them seem new again.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-13-2006, 09:26 PM
As a company, I like Nintendo more because they're a lot more willing to walk the road less traveled and try to make more innovative and original games.

That being said, while innovation is generally a good thing I like the fact that Sony has a lot of games that I want to play. New concepts can be hit or miss with me, but there are types of games that I usually enjoy playing, and Sony has managed to deliver an expansive library of these games for my enjoyment.

Sony, that is to say the Playstation console, has also had it's fair share of innovative games. I point to games like Katamari Damacy, Shadow of the Collossus, and the hopefully soon-to-be-released Ookami. Innovation is far from dead in game designers who work with Sony.

Sony also gets Nippon Ichi, and Nippon Ichi owns my soul.

But really, I like them both, usually for different reasons though.

Mirage
06-13-2006, 09:41 PM
i went for nintendo too they started the final fanasy games. sony was close because it has beter ones like ff7 and 8
That is just wrong. Nintendo didn't start Final Fantasy at all.
Sony is a /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif company, so I'm voting Nintendo. However, Sony's consoles have the most games that I like, so those are the consoles I use the most.
I don't really care who makes my console, I only care about how many good games I will get. And so should all of you too, stop being fanboys/girls.

And remember, Void, that it was not Sony who made those games you mentioned. I would bed my arse that the developers of those games would have chosen Nintendo or Microsoft if their consoles had a bigger market share. Except those who are 51% owned by sony :(.

Lychon
06-13-2006, 11:02 PM
Nintendo to the death.

-LYCHON

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-13-2006, 11:04 PM
And remember, Void, that it was not Sony who made those games you mentioned. I would bed my arse that the developers of those games would have chosen Nintendo or Microsoft if their consoles had a bigger market share. Except those who are 51% owned by sony :(.

Oh, I know. I thought I'd been more clear on that, but I guess I wasn't. The point I was trying to make is that Playstation doesn't have just more of the same, they do have innovative games. Although, as you bring up, the reason behind that is possibly debateable as to whether it is benign or not.

Holy Lancer
06-13-2006, 11:13 PM
I like Nintendo.

~SapphireStar~
06-13-2006, 11:24 PM
I don't really care who makes my console, I only care about how many good games I will get. And so should all of you too, stop being fanboys/girls.
So what should we care about then? You cant demand people not to like a certain thing. It happens with everything and everyone in the world. Im not going to stop being a Sony fangirl cause apart from my Sony consoles and games, I have Sony merchandise such as a Sony widescreen TV, Sony minidisk, Sony walkman, etc.

Mirage
06-13-2006, 11:31 PM

Oh, I know. I thought I'd been more clear on that, but I guess I wasn't. The point I was trying to make is that Playstation doesn't have just more of the same, they do have innovative games. Although, as you bring up, the reason behind that is possibly debateable as to whether it is benign or not.
I figured that's what you meant, I just wanted to point it out. I just don't think Sony is being innovative at all. Sony was at its peak of innovation when they chose to use CDs for the Playstation, and even that wasn't their idea.'

Sapphirestar:
I just mean that people should like the products, not the brands. Sony has a pretty nice history of screwing their customers over. I can't think of one company that values money more than their customers as much as Sony does.
I'm not demanding that people should have the same opinions as I do, I just stated what they are.

KentaRawr!
06-13-2006, 11:42 PM
As for next-gen, Nintendo no doubt. For this gen, I must admit, I am having more fun with my GCN than with my PS2. I'm a very weird person. :) I'm not sure what it is. I haven't touched the PS2 for about a month now. And currently, there are about 4 games I want to buy for the Gamecube. I think that's why I'm having more fun with my GCN, though. My collection for the PS2 is pretty much complete. But since I never really focussed on the Gamecube, now that there are barely any new games coming out for current gen systems, I can buy older games for the GCN. o.o

Orophin
06-13-2006, 11:53 PM
Nintendo for me, the only games that I liked from Sony were ICO, shadow of the colossus and Legend of the dragoons. Sony only make the console and a couple of games but Nintendo have a lot of great series.

I bought a PS2 because of Square-Enix and some other compagnies not because it was Sony who made the console. On the other hand, I bought a GC mostly because of Nintendo's games.

Yuffie514
06-14-2006, 01:00 AM
Sony PlayStation/PlayStation 2. why?

- Final Fantasy
- Tenchu
- Silent Hill
- Dark Cloud
- Tekken
- Kingdom Hearts
- Xenosaga
- Resident Evil

yes, some of the games are on Nintendo, but i would never have enjoyed Silent Hill, Dark Cloud, or Final Fantasy to the fullest extent - had they not been on the best console. i lean more on Nintendo with GameBoy Advance/SP games and ROMs. Sony is my number 1 choice, though i admit to missing out on many great Nintendo titles like the Legend of Zelda and Mario Bros...

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-14-2006, 02:04 AM
Nintendo has my vote because their next-gen console IS going to be cheap they haven't revealed the price tag yet...But I DON'T think the console will cost six-hundred dollars. Plus you can download old school 16-bit games if you can't afford to buy games with the Wii.

Orophin
06-14-2006, 02:54 AM
Nintendo has my vote because their next-gen console IS going to be cheap they haven't revealed the price tag yet...But I DON'T think the console will cost six-hundred dollars.

The only thing we know is that it will cost less than 250$.

KentaRawr!
06-14-2006, 03:02 AM
And that they are going to sell their systems at a loss.

Ouch!
06-14-2006, 03:08 AM
Nintendo attacked Sony's weak spot at E3 for massive damage.
You always make my day, man.

I have both the PS2 and the GCN (I've also got an XBox, but I only have three games for it and barely ever play it. What can I say, I love Halo.) I play my PS2 most often, but the only reason I got one in the first place is because of Final Fantasy and other RPGs. I like my GCN mostly for SSBM, but there are some other games that I found amusing. WindWaker was good for a while, but once I got to a certain point I just threw down the controller and gave up.

On the other hand, the Wii has me hooked. I'm definitely going for the Wii instead of the PS3. I'll have to admit that the price tag comparison is a huge part of it, but the fact that I'm turning my back on numbered Final Fantasy titles is really a huge deal for me. The Wii just looks that much better.

Mirage
06-14-2006, 03:16 AM

- Final Fantasy
- Tenchu
- Silent Hill
- Dark Cloud
- Tekken
- Kingdom Hearts
- Xenosaga
- Resident Evil

yes, some of the games are on Nintendo, but i would never have enjoyed Silent Hill, Dark Cloud, or Final Fantasy to the fullest extent - had they not been on the best console. i lean more on Nintendo with GameBoy Advance/SP games and ROMs. Sony is my number 1 choice, though i admit to missing out on many great Nintendo titles like the Legend of Zelda and Mario Bros...
You do realize that the Gamecube is technically better than the PS2, right? That's a fact. The thing that makes the PS2 more attractive is all the games it has, not that it's better. No one in their right mind would buy a PS2 if the GC had the same games.

Ramza Beoulve
06-14-2006, 03:30 AM
Sony. I dont care what people say about them, they have delivered on all levels. If it werent for them, I'd be some Halo freak who creates fanclubs like Wii60.

That said, Sega > Sony.
Quoted for Truth

oddler
06-14-2006, 04:28 AM
Sega

Got that right! :)

ljkkjlcm9
06-14-2006, 05:21 AM
who said to stop being a fanboy/girl?

The reason people are such is because they like it more, and hence why they buy it. People wouldn't buy nintendo if they didn't like it, and people wouldn't buy sony unless they liked that, so that's what makes the fanboy/girl, liking it and choosing it.

I prefer Nintendo because games is what they do, unlike the other 2 who could drop their video game industry and not really hurt at all. Compared to what the rest of the company makes, it's really not that significant.

THE JACKEL

Yuffie514
06-14-2006, 06:19 AM

- Final Fantasy
- Tenchu
- Silent Hill
- Dark Cloud
- Tekken
- Kingdom Hearts
- Xenosaga
- Resident Evil

yes, some of the games are on Nintendo, but i would never have enjoyed Silent Hill, Dark Cloud, or Final Fantasy to the fullest extent - had they not been on the best console. i lean more onNintendo with GameBoy Advance/SP games and ROMs. Sony is my number 1 choice, though i admit to missing out on many great Nintendo titles like the Legend of Zelda and Mario Bros...
You do realize that the Gamecube is technically better than the PS2, right? That's a fact. The thing that makes the PS2 more attractive is all the games it has, not that it's better. No one in their right mind would buy a PS2 if the GC had the same games.

technical, as in better graphics? ...which is said to not always to be the sole ingredient to a game's success.

i was simply pointing out games i really enjoyed on the PS2 (though they are well-known). i first bought the games, simply not knowing whether i'd like them or not.

ok, narrow it down for instance, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PSX):

graphics - ooh, i wasn't impressed, though it didn't bother me at all.
story - great plot, IMO. it's what kept me going on the game.
music - the music accompanies the tempo of the game = well done.
lasting appeal - definitely not a waste to play it again on my watch.

i haven't a thought of flushing money down the drain, just to have it on GameCube. simply, not a decision based all on graphics. i hope i made my point there :mad: .

Madame Adequate
06-14-2006, 01:48 PM
In honesty? Sega.

I just got a DC because I realized how many awesome games are on it. I also need a new Saturn and a new Mega Drive, but I already have the games.

I would honestly have to put Microsoft second, too. I know it's totally uncools to <3 Gates, but the X-Box was better for me than the PS2 was, excepting that the PS2 could play all the awesome RPGs from the PS1 era.

And then Sony in third. Or first, on your poll. They easily beat Nintendo IMO, though I have to give huge credit to the N64 they've never done anything else I care much about. I don't own a single GC game.

KaakoriX
06-14-2006, 03:09 PM
sony

3 letters

P
S

Mirage
06-14-2006, 03:14 PM
Only two of those are letters :D.

Dreddz
06-14-2006, 04:56 PM
In honesty? Sega.

I just got a DC because I realized how many awesome games are on it. I also need a new Saturn and a new Mega Drive, but I already have the games.
Dont forget the Nomad ;)

DeathKnight
06-14-2006, 05:34 PM
They're both equally great if you ask me.

The one who NEEDS to get the heck outt'a here is Microsoft.

Madame Adequate
06-14-2006, 06:11 PM
In honesty? Sega.

Dont forget the Nomad ;)

That is true. I never had one though, so I didn't think of it first. xD

Why? The only weakness the X-Box has is RPGs. Every other genre has a good representation there, and it's the best of the 6th gen consoles. (Well, except strategy games, but consoles never have strategy games.)

Dreddz
06-14-2006, 06:46 PM
Microsoft should stay in the buisness, but they have got to get rid of that ignorant approach, acting like there the best and all. Its not like they have had a successful console......

Roto13
06-14-2006, 06:54 PM

Why? The only weakness the X-Box has is RPGs.
Microsoft lost $4 billion US on the X-Box, so they must be doing something wrong.

DeathKnight
06-14-2006, 07:38 PM

Microsoft lost $4 billion US on the X-Box, so they must be doing something wrong.

:ty:

Venom
06-14-2006, 07:40 PM
I like both of em equally.

JKTrix
06-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Nintendo. The game industry owes so much to these folks that no matter how huge another company gets, Nintendo will always be looked back upon as one of gaming's big pioneers.

Sony runs a good business, but i can't help feeling a little bitter towards them. Since they split from Nintendo on the 'Playstation' project, it seems like they've been trying to stomp them into the ground. Recent examples: PS3 controller (they didn't plagiarise, but it was obviously inspired and put in at the last minute); the PSP; buying out games that were intended to be Gamecube Exclusive (ResEvil4, Tales of Symphonia, Viewtiful Joe...). So, they run a good business, but some of their success is at the expense of Nintendo.

Dreddz
06-14-2006, 08:03 PM
Nintendo were the ones who cut the deal, they wasted Sony's time and money, Im sorta glad Sony gave them the finger and made there own console....

Mirage
06-14-2006, 08:29 PM

It's a future investment. If there's anything MS knows, it's business. I really doubt they'll drop their console, and I think their developer support will increase even more for the current console than the last.
And to be honest, I would change to 360 in a heartbeat if S-E suddenly decided to go multiplatform. I also strongly believe that S-E would change to 360 as their main console the second they gain a bigger market share in the areas they develop and sell games. And that would mean RPGs games and in Japan. However, Japan is MS' weakest market, so it'll be some time till that happens.

Rase
06-14-2006, 08:31 PM

Considering the fact that it was their first console, they had little experience, and that they were up against Sony, the market leader by a huge amount, and Nintendo, the name most associated with videogames, I'd say they actually didn't do too bad. Now that they've been in the business for coming on five years, they seem to be taking much smarter steps, such as getting Japanese developers to create RPG's for the 360 and enhancing their main advantage, Xbox LIVE. I don't really see what's wrong with what they're doing.

Angi-Kaiser
06-14-2006, 11:37 PM
My only argument with Microsoft (other than the horrible lack of RPGs) is that fact that it really looks like the only reason they are in the videogame market is to gain controll of another market. I mean, they actually lose money for every 360 they make, so they aren't in it for the cash.

Mirage
06-14-2006, 11:46 PM
Sony loses money for each PS2 they make too, and will do the same with the PS3. It's called subsiding. They'll get the money back by other means. And trust me, Sony does its best to control the marked too. Not only when it comes to consoles.

Erdrick Holmes
06-15-2006, 12:10 AM
Sega

escobert
06-15-2006, 12:15 AM
PC plz.

Fire_Emblem776
06-15-2006, 12:21 AM
70 Nintendo 30 Sony. The only reason i have a ps is to play FF and a few other titles. Nintendo has a lot of things that i grew up with.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-15-2006, 02:40 AM
Sony needs to get the fuck out of the handheld business because they're fucking up with the PSP what the fuck were they thinking challenging Nintendo on the handheld market!?:rolleyes2 Even Microsoft has enough common sense NOT to challenge Nintendo on the handheld...Or DO they???Always in motion is the future.LOL!!!:D

Madame Adequate
06-15-2006, 04:01 AM

Well then it was smart of them to cut their losses and step back down from the console market.

Oh, wait...

Somehow, I think a loss of US$4,000,000,000 would make anyone think twice. Seeing as they have, in fact, released a new console, I suspect that A) the figure is not that cut-and-dried and B) Microsoft knows what they're doing.

tigerboy_89_1989
06-20-2006, 06:37 PM
sony

Yew-Yevon
06-20-2006, 06:54 PM

- Final Fantasy
- Tenchu
- Silent Hill
- Dark Cloud
- Tekken
- Kingdom Hearts
- Xenosaga
- Resident Evil

yes, some of the games are on Nintendo, but i would never have enjoyed Silent Hill, Dark Cloud, or Final Fantasy to the fullest extent - had they not been on the best console. i lean more onNintendo with GameBoy Advance/SP games and ROMs. Sony is my number 1 choice, though i admit to missing out on many great Nintendo titles like the Legend of Zelda and Mario Bros...

technical, as in better graphics? ...which is said to not always to be the sole ingredient to a game's success.

i was simply pointing out games i really enjoyed on the PS2 (though they are well-known). i first bought the games, simply not knowing whether i'd like them or not.

i haven't a thought of flushing money down the drain, just to have it on GameCube. simply, not a decision based all on graphics. i hope i made my point there :mad: .

if this helps...http://www.xbreporter.com/xbox_vs_ps2_vs_gamecube.php

Mirage
06-20-2006, 07:32 PM

- Final Fantasy
- Tenchu
- Silent Hill
- Dark Cloud
- Tekken
- Kingdom Hearts
- Xenosaga
- Resident Evil

You completely missed my point there. You say you wouldn't have enjoyed "those games" had they not been on the best console. You define "the best console" as the console with the best games, so obviously you could have thought the GC would have been the best console if it had had all those games.
The fact is that those games are not on the best console.
There is a big difference between "the console with the best games" and "the best console".

Ofcourse, had the question been "What is your favourite console", it would have been a completely different thing. Strictly speaking, the question wasn't even which console is the best, but which company is the best.

And yes, I know this reply came a bit late.

Maxico
06-20-2006, 07:38 PM
Linguistically the 'best console' can either mean the console that is technically superior or the console that is the best to own.

For example, the Game Gear may have been technically superior to the Game Boy. But nobody would argue that the Game Gear was a better console (Even me, who wuvved his Game Gear).

Mirage
06-20-2006, 07:45 PM
Keep in mind that the size is also part of the technical stuff. No one would have preferred the Gameboy had it been twice as big as the game gear :p.
I disagree with that statement anyway, and would rather say that it's definitely the most popular and best selling, but that's not because it's better.

If a company is rich enough, they could even make an inferior console on purpose, spend a gazillion on advertising and propaganda, buy the biggest game manufacturers, (or bribe them), and get the biggest marketshare. In the past, people would look at that inferior console as "better" because it had the most games and most sales.
This could sound a bit like Microsoft, except they actually have the best console, the console that is the easiest to program for, and the best online support. So yeah.

JKTrix
06-21-2006, 12:37 PM
If a company is rich enough, they could even make an inferior console on purpose, spend a gazillion on advertising and propaganda, buy the biggest game manufacturers, (or bribe them), and get the biggest marketshare. In the past, people would look at that inferior console as "better" because it had the most games and most sales.

Biography of the Playstation.

Dreddz
06-21-2006, 12:42 PM
More Like Microsoft.

Mirage
06-21-2006, 01:43 PM
I guess my point is proved then~

kidney / theif
06-21-2006, 02:08 PM
sony just because of the fact that they have a bigger selection of RPG games.:choc2:

Same for me... why are more people voting for Nintendo?!?!
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Oh well. Nintendo's ok but I'd rather have Sony.

Setzer Gabianni
06-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Who cares about how many votes Nintendo has? I like the Playstation, because it has my favourite selection of games on it. And don't give me this where you say: you wouldnt have a ps2 if you had the same games on the cube/wii lawl; because it hasnt happened, and it never will happen! Nintendo games, the only ones I reallllllllly cared about were the Pokemon ones. Zelda, meh, Mario, meh - Sony fan 4eva <3

~Setzer Gabianni

Doomie
06-21-2006, 02:44 PM
People who voted Nintendo voted that way because letting everyone know you like Nintendo is "hip" now. I prefer Sony. Nintendo is a Nintendon't.

Mirage
06-21-2006, 04:03 PM
I voted Nintendo because I don't like Sony as a company. I still prefer Sony's consoles.

DeathKnight
06-21-2006, 04:53 PM
*points to poll* that's my answer.

Swift Strike
09-25-2006, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=Swift Strike]i went for nintendo too they started the final fanasy games. sony was close because it has beter ones like ff7 and 8.
From mirage"That is just wrong. Nintendo didn't start Final Fantasy at all.

yes they did final fantasy one was stared on the nes wich was a nintendo console:p

Raebus
09-25-2006, 08:49 PM
I voted for nintendo because I actually like them, and not because it's hip now. :)

KentaRawr!
09-25-2006, 08:55 PM
That's some major thread revival there. o_O

...>_>...

...<_<...

Nintendo is teh betterz.

Yuffie514
09-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Sony. great name and great selection of video-games/RPGs. however, it's not like i do not play GameCube at all. the problem is a limited selection of video-games and being family oriented, well, i rather be solitary and my brother has become a WoW slave, while my cousins are more anime, and my parents simply despise video-games...

Nifleheim7
09-25-2006, 09:42 PM
I like them both but i voted for Sony.They simply have the best titles!

Mirage
09-25-2006, 10:10 PM
i went for nintendo too they started the final fanasy games. sony was close because it has beter ones like ff7 and 8.

yes they did final fantasy one was stared on the nes wich was a nintendo console:p

No. Squaresoft did. Squaresoft is not the same as Nintendo.

RiseToFall
09-25-2006, 10:11 PM
I love both companies for what they offer. Nintendo has made some of the best games in the market. On the other hand Sony doesn't really make great games, but they do make systems that many third party companies support. So for me it would be like this.

Nintendo>Sony
PS2>GC

KentaRawr!
09-25-2006, 10:39 PM
i went for nintendo too they started the final fanasy games. sony was close because it has beter ones like ff7 and 8.

No. Squaresoft did. Squaresoft is not the same as Nintendo.

While Square DID start the FF games, Nintendo is most of the reason the game came to America. How do you think we got the line "I shall knock you all down!"? Of course, this isn't to say we should THANK Nintendo. Really, the only reason they helped get the game into the US was because the game was selling well, and it could've been a system seller for the NES from their perspective.

Araciel
09-26-2006, 07:44 AM
sony..my best gaming years were when they really came into their own

Nifleheim7
09-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Well after looking at the thread about PS3 game prices i start to regret that i voted for Sony:(

XandrewX
09-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Sony is more popular because they not only sell game machines...and they broadcast more commercial to the world than Nintendo so Sony's more famous...that's what I think...

Roto13
09-26-2006, 04:35 PM
You know, I would love to see this poll start over so we can see how much people's attitudes have changed.

KentaRawr!
09-26-2006, 08:35 PM
You know, I would love to see this poll start over so we can see how much people's attitudes have changed.

So would I. Though, my opinion stays firm in the fanboyish lands of Nintendo, proudly standing as an un-wanted soldier burning down peaceful lands with no reason. =D

Dreddz
09-26-2006, 08:39 PM
Nintendo, IMO, are becoming just as arrogant as Sony. I once thought Nintendo were the good guys who really cared for us gamers, but there just as bitchy as Microsoft and Sony.

I personally dislike them all.

KentaRawr!
09-26-2006, 08:51 PM
Nintendo, IMO, are becoming just as arrogant as Sony. I once thought Nintendo were the good guys who really cared for us gamers, but there just as bitchy as Microsoft and Sony.

I personally dislike them all.

It's not that they're BECOMING as arrogant. It just so happens that they hid it well before, and now it's showing a bit. I doubt this will affect the quality of the Wii, but a lot of the hype was riding on how well Nintendo hid their lust for moneyz. o.o

Roto13
09-26-2006, 08:53 PM
I don't think they're being arrogant at all. They're doing their best to make the Wii a good thing for gamers AND a good thing for Nintendo at the same time. Sony is trying to feed off people. o_o

Dreddz
09-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Now they've finally got a successful system on the market ( and likely another soon come ) they go on and on how great and successful they have been. And how touch generation is the only way forward, playing is believeing yadda yadda yadda, ARROGANT :mad2:

KentaRawr!
09-26-2006, 09:11 PM
I wouldn't call that arrogant. They're just advertising. o.o And I understand what they're saying. Basically, they're saying that the only way the gaming industry can advance forward is if more people get into it. They just happen to always shove that responsibility on a handful of games, and now that speech is getting old. :-/

Dreddz
09-26-2006, 09:17 PM
There saying that the only way the gaming industry can advance is to buy there consoles.

KentaRawr!
09-26-2006, 09:23 PM
No, they just say that for the gaming industry to expand, changes need to be made. Then, they give a large speech emphasizing on that, and then they give examples of how the DS has done that, and then use that to say the Wii will do the same. They don't say "Buy our consoles to advance the gaming industry!" but rather "We can advance the industry." If you look deep into it, then sure it could be percieved as "Buy our systems to advance the industry", but before that you'll find "We already know you're going to buy it." =O

Dreddz
09-26-2006, 09:35 PM
They're giving out the same message as Sony, that you need there console, and if you dont buy there console, your a nobody in the last generation. Who are they to tell us that there systems are the new generation of console.

There consoles are all well and good, but thats there take on the gaming industry, not what the gaming industry should be.

LunarWeaver
09-26-2006, 09:37 PM
It can come off as arrogant and over the top sometimes, but they are a business. They're going to say "Our system is the best, buy it." What else would they say? Sony is going to say the Ps3 is the best and Nintendo will say the Wii is the best... It's just how these things work. All companies do that. You're not gonna hear Square say "Final Fantasy XIII will probly suck," it's more like "THIS REINVENTS THE ENTIRE GENRE." And the same goes for systems. "Our system rules them all!" and all that rawr.