PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else notice...(biggie spoilerness)

FallenAngel411
06-13-2006, 10:28 PM
At the last arena before the whole final battle with Xenmas and whatnot, the whole "Alter of Naught"...was that area incredibly inspired by Devil May Cry 3, or is it just me? Just like the top of the tower where Dante and Vergil have their mid-game climactic battle, there were stairs spiralling upward towards the battleground, a final flight of steps leading up to the rounded platform (illuminated by a giant moon in the background, albeit in the shape of a heart), which is circled by various twisted pillars. When I first entered that area, I was reminded immediately of DMC.

I think ifyou could take those two areas from those two games and lay them over one another, they would be an almost perfect match! I don't know if this has already been observed or not, but yeah. It struck me as strange o.O

Tavrobel
06-13-2006, 11:16 PM
No, no one has said anything about it, if they noticed.
After all, idea stealing is just WRONG, and NEVER have I seen such a concept.
Morally.
Ethically.
Pointlessly.
Rambling.

Well it might a bit more sense if you could somehow obtain screenshots. I'm sure if someone else noticed it too, then they could agree, as I cannot exercise authority here; I have yet to play DMC or its sequels. I am a fan however, of Run DMC.

It's Tricky out there.
The moral of the story is: Beware of little girlies whose hairs are kinda curly.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-14-2006, 12:19 AM
....its just you

cloud20747
06-14-2006, 02:11 AM
I noticed

Hambone
06-14-2006, 04:54 AM
At the last arena before the whole final battle with Xenmas and whatnot, the whole "Alter of Naught"...was that area incredibly inspired by Devil May Cry 3, or is it just me? Just like the top of the tower where Dante and Vergil have their mid-game climactic battle, there were stairs spiralling upward towards the battleground, a final flight of steps leading up to the rounded platform (illuminated by a giant moon in the background, albeit in the shape of a heart), which is circled by various twisted pillars. When I first entered that area, I was reminded immediately of DMC.

I think ifyou could take those two areas from those two games and lay them over one another, they would be an almost perfect match! I don't know if this has already been observed or not, but yeah. It struck me as strange o.O
to quote Rozell in SSX Tricky, "It's all in your mind!"

FallenAngel411
06-14-2006, 06:00 AM

to quote Rozell in SSX Tricky, "It's all in your mind!"

It most certainly is not. I couldn't find very good screenshots, but here are the few I could. To anyone who's played both games, the similarities between the two areas should be completely and utterly obvious. And I never said anyone copied anyone, the exact word I used was INSPIRED.

http://www.unlimitedgamer.net/image.php?id=coverage/dmc3/images/dmc3_screenshots_059.jpg

http://www.devilmaycry3.com/Menu/Devil-May-Cry-3/screens/screenshot.asp?pic=22

The second image is the only one I could find with the huge moon in the background...these images aren't very convincing I know, but I don't feel like doing research on screenshots.

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-14-2006, 06:43 AM
Settings don't necessarily have a lot of variance between each other by virtue of people having certain ideas of how things are supposed to look. Dark and scary scenes will, by and large, probably look about the same. It has to do with mood setting and tried-and-true methods and the like.