PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat yo!

Mercen-X
06-14-2006, 12:54 AM
If Midway consulted YOU about actually making a GOOD Mortal Kombat movie, who would cast?

Here's the list of characters from MK: Armageddon:

Liu Kang:
Shang Tsung:
Sonya Blade: (the original)
Kano: (the original)
Johnny Cage: (the original)
Goro:
Darrius:
Kira:
Kitana:
Kenshi:
Ashrah:
Sindel:
Nightwolf:
Drahmin:
Mavado: Val Kill-me
Kobra:
Kabal:
Ermac:
Rain:
Sub-Zero:
Scorpion:
Kung Lao:
Shinnok:
Jarek:
Kai: 50 Cent
Reiko:
Shao Kahn: Ron Perlman
Jackson 'Jax' Briggs:
Tanya:
Fujin:
Havik:
Dragon King: Arnold Schwartzenegger
Reptile:
Stryker: Michael Rucker
Baraka:
Li Mei:
Bo'Rai Cho: Jackie Chan
Cyrax:
Kintaro:
Moloch:
Shujinko:
Sektor:
Sheeva:
Sareena:
Nitara:
Smoke:
Jade:
Hsu Hao:
Frost: Alicia Moore
Noob:
Mokap: Ray Park

I have but one rule: Do not post a 'better actor' for a character who has already been posted for. You may post a 'better actor' only while posting for a character who doesn't have an actor assigned. Unless you know the names of the actors for which I posted "(the original)."

Also, what would the story be?

If it were my movie, I'd throw them into an all-out war.

edczxcvbnm
06-14-2006, 01:03 AM
Liu Kang: Arnold 'The Govenator' Schwartzenegger(He is booked to play 2 roles!)
Shang Tsung: Stallon
Goro: Ben Kingsly
Darrius:
Kira:
Kitana: The Rappin Granny
Kenshi:
Ashrah:
Sindel:
Nightwolf: Denzel Washington
Drahmin:
Mavado: Val Kill-me
Kobra: Ice T
Kabal: Ice Cube
Ermac:
Rain:
Sub-Zero: Kristana Loken
Scorpion: Chris Cassamassa
Kung Lao:
Shinnok:
Jarek:
Kai: 50 Cent
Reiko:
Jackson 'Jax' Briggs:
Tanya:
Fujin:
Havik:
Dragon King: Arnold Schwartzenegger
Reptile:
Stryker: Michael Rucker
Baraka:
Li Mei:
Bo'Rai Cho: Jackie Chan
Cyrax:
Kintaro:
Moloch:
Shujinko:
Sektor:
Sheeva:
Sareena:
Nitara:
Smoke:
Jade:
Hsu Hao:
Frost: Alicia Moore
Noob:
Mokap: Ray Park

Mythra
06-14-2006, 01:03 AM
As long as they had the same actor that played Liu Kang in the original movie (I refuse to acknowledge the existence of a 2nd), Robin Shou I think his name was, I would be happy. That guy was awesome :). O, and the actor that played Raiden in the first movie, think he played in the Highlander movies but I can't think of his name. Have those two guys in the film and I'll be happy.

Craig
06-14-2006, 01:07 AM
Oh man, the second guy who played Raiden sucked so much. Especially after he turned human and changed his "style".

Lychon
06-14-2006, 01:09 AM
The original Mortal Kombat movie was probably the best video game to movie adaptation. I also refuse to acknowledge any existence of a second Mortal Kombat movie.

The original cast was also excellent- I think most of them are coming back in the next Mortal Kombat movie which is in production.

-LYCHON

Markus. D
06-14-2006, 05:57 AM
why cast the original... there old now >_<.... right?

Captain Maxx Power
06-14-2006, 11:47 AM
The original was pure quality, what are you talking about? Sure the sequels were carp (no Lambert and Tagawa makes for poor sequelisation).

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-14-2006, 12:10 PM
No one except a few maladjusted geeks has cared about the series for about a decade now, and it wouldn't pay off to bother to do it "right." So, I would use camera trickery and high amounts of make-up such that the entire cast could be played by Eddie Murphy.

Skyblade
06-14-2006, 04:19 PM
I would reduce the cast list to that of the original game, hire some people who could actually write to develop the plot and the script, and then worry about the actors. Even if you got wonderful actors, without good material for them to work with, they won't be able to do much.

Captain Maxx Power
06-14-2006, 08:52 PM
No one except a few maladjusted geeks has cared about the series for about a decade now, and it wouldn't pay off to bother to do it "right."

Would this include the three million people who bought Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-14-2006, 09:12 PM
Yes, as well as the six majillion people who bought Mortal Kombat: Hellstorm Vengeance. Good one!

Shoeberto
06-14-2006, 09:46 PM
Yes, as well as the six majillion people who bought Mortal Kombat: Hellstorm Vengeance. Good one!
It was Hellstorm Revenge and it was only 5.7 majillion people. Get your facts straight, nerd.

Shiny
06-14-2006, 10:04 PM
http://imdb.com/title/tt0113855/
That was a good cast.

Spawn of Sephiroth
06-15-2006, 12:41 AM
just keep the original Sanya Blade, damn she was so hottttttttt!!!

" Taste so good make you wanna smack ya momma! "

Tavrobel
06-15-2006, 12:49 AM
The acting list forgot Raiden, and he should be played by the original. He was awesomeness.

The original Mortal Kombat movie was probably the best video game to movie adaptation. I also refuse to acknowledge any existence of a second Mortal Kombat movie.

Lychon wins.

Mercen-X
06-16-2006, 09:59 PM
I've reduced the cast list to that of the second game installment of the series: MKII.

Liu Kang:
Shang Tsung:
Raiden: (someone ELSE . . . Chinese)
Goro:
Kitana:
Sub-Zero: (someone with a voice)
Scorpion:
Kung Lao:
Jackson 'Jax' Briggs:
Reptile:
Baraka:
Smoke:
Jade:

Chritopher Lambert (Gavin McLeod of the Clan McLeod) played the original Raiden. Although I loved his tone and his attitude, I somehow feel that Raiden should be, I don't know, CHINESE. He is the frickin' CHINESE GOD OF THUNDER AND LIGHTNING according to Liu Kang.

anacacia
06-16-2006, 10:06 PM
Hmm... all should be Drake Bell... muhahahahahaha. Except for the chicks...

*whispers* Drake Bell is a hot beast!!!

Mercen-X
07-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Really? No more suggestions? Even with the cast list reduced?
Let me beef it up with some known talents.

Liu Kang: (the original)
Shang Tsung:
Johnny Cage: (the original) SOMEBODY WATCH THE ORIGINAL and report back, please.
Raiden: Jet Li
Goro:
Kitana:
Sub-Zero: (someone with a voice and a face)
Scorpion:
Kung Lao:
Jackson 'Jax' Briggs: Wesley Snipes (but after Blade, why would he?)
Reptile:
Baraka:
Smoke: (human form)
Jade: Jada Pinkett

Who the hell is Drake Bell? (Zatch Bell relative?)

DeathKnight
07-06-2006, 09:13 PM
No one except a few maladjusted geeks has cared about the series for about a decade now, and it wouldn't pay off to bother to do it "right." So, I would use camera trickery and high amounts of make-up such that the entire cast could be played by Eddie Murphy.

I agree

Alixsar
07-06-2006, 11:08 PM
They already made the perfect MK movie. It's called Mortal Kombat Annihilation.

I Took the Red Pill
07-06-2006, 11:11 PM
Goro=Kim Jong Il

Lychon
07-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Touché!!!!!!!

-LYCHON

P.S. Yes, my reaction time is about 3 weeks- anyone got a problem with that?
P.P.S Go Lui, it's your birthday, go Lui it's your birthday....

Mercen-X
07-16-2006, 10:28 PM
You're an arse. If you meant that Annihilation was the perfect way to destroy the title's fanbase, you're only half right. However, if the movie had ended with every last known character dead, the movie probably would have been more successful.

Regardless of your preferences, I'm going to accomplish the task of making the perfect MK movie and I'll watch as you all enjoy it like eating the best foods you're not allowed to have and when it's over I'll personally shove a copy down the throats of every doubter. Mwa, hahahahahahaha . . . haha.

Okay . . . now I'm bored.

chaos_ghost
07-16-2006, 11:15 PM

Drugs are bad kids.

Anyway, I'm hoping they make the next movie like I think they will. Hopefully, it will help me forget about the last movie that shall remain nameless.