PDA

View Full Version : game title help

Dragoon Kain
06-14-2006, 06:37 AM
ok. i played this game a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG time ago. I might have been about 13 (18 now) and my friend let me play this game and i want to figure out what it was! bare with me now because i don't remember ANYTHING about this game. i do remember that it was a ps1 game. i do believe it was an RPG. i remember one part of the game was like a jungle scene and i was able to transform my character into some kind of animal. a tiger type animal i do believe. and i ran around the level killing stuff. i think there was a system that let me push either square triangle or circle to transform into different animals and i could set different animals to each button. now remember i cant really remember anything and i could be mixing two different memories into one but if one such game exists or something similar to this then please tell me. thank you.

Shoeberto
06-16-2006, 01:32 AM
Sounds a lot like Jade Cocoon. (http://www.gamespot.com/ps/rpg/jadecocoonstoryoftamamayu/)

Also, please don't double post.

Dragoon Kain
06-16-2006, 03:36 AM
no thats not it. i believe it came out around the time of legend of mana. i believe the graphics were really similar too and i know that they wernt 3D. anyone else have a guess?

Shoeberto
06-16-2006, 04:35 AM
Threads of Fate, then, maybe?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threads_of_Fate
It's 3D, but it involves changing into monsters, and I do recall a part in a forest/jungle type thing. This was a few years ago, but I remember it and Legend of Mana being advertised on the same page in a magazine I used to read.

Dragoon Kain
06-16-2006, 05:27 AM
no thats not it either :( i remember it had a sort of "ring" type thing in the bottom right hand corner of the game which controlled what the character did. i believe thats what it did, but i do remember a ring. maybe i am mixing up games...or made it up entirely lol i dunno. im glad you're trying to help though. its greatly appreciated.

Roto13
06-16-2006, 03:20 PM
Final Fantasy IV I think.
What?

Sylvie
06-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Final Fantasy IV I think. What?

Uh, yeah. What?

bipper
06-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Shot in the dark! It wasn't Castlevania: Symphany of the Night was it? I have not played the game but meh, werth a shot. Also, for some reason, I was thinking Altered Beast :) oldskewl. werd:cool:

Bipper

Sylvie
06-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Bipper may be right, It could be Altered Beast, if that was ever for PSX. And yeah, Castlevania: SOTN might be it... but I don't recall a Ring at the bottom of the screen.

Shoeberto
06-16-2006, 05:30 PM
As a person who has been playing entirely too much SOTN all week, I can prettymuch guarantee that it's not what he's asking about :p

Dragoon Kain
06-16-2006, 06:01 PM
no none of those :(
curse my horrible memory!

Sylvie
06-16-2006, 07:29 PM
Can you remember anything else?

Shiny
06-16-2006, 07:47 PM
Final Fantasy IV I think.
What?
LOL. I just realized that they weren't talking about the pic and that it was just their sig. But before I could delete my post you replied. :eep:

Dragoon Kain
06-17-2006, 04:25 AM
Can you remember anything else?

no not really. my friend turned it off and put in legend of mana. i didnt play for long. it might have been a black panther that the guy transformed into instead of a tiger. it was kind of like a side scrolling game instead of running around freely. kind of like in super mario. that type of thing. thats about all i can remember though :(