PDA

View Full Version : why do you hate tidus

Eiko Guy
06-14-2006, 10:36 AM
he is cool and i dont think hes whiny at all

Captain Maxx Power
06-14-2006, 12:17 PM
I'll be honest I don't actually dislike Tidus all that much. There's been much more whiney characters in the past (Squall's EMOish abandonment issues anyone?). There's only a few times that stand out in my mind that Tidus really complains thoroughly. Apart from that he seems relatively capable and willing to help. I think the main problem was his voice. James Arnold Taylor's interpretation of Tidus has a distinctive Americany whine to it which is what puts the large majority of people off his character.

Dell
06-14-2006, 03:25 PM
I don't know about this, but I think he is the worst among all protagonist.

I hate Tidus

Christmas
06-14-2006, 03:28 PM
I remember someone made a website dedicating his HATE towards Tidus.

Eiko Guy
06-14-2006, 06:11 PM
ok so his voice actor makes him sound whny? must suck cuz when tidus says "hello there whats your name" he sounds cool JAT who else has he voiced

Dell
06-14-2006, 06:14 PM
Meh (Hehe, Zeromus_X!!), my opinion about he being the worst among all protagonist won't change.

Eiko Guy
06-14-2006, 06:33 PM
vivi_ultima whats wrong with tidus i dont see cloud taking his own life so others can live i dont see any other protagonists that have a whole makeout scene clouud gets all depressed and never undepresses and squall yeah they're loners but thats no reason to love them

and if tidus wasnt there kinahri would be gone or yuna would have been killed in macalania

Serapy
06-14-2006, 07:17 PM
I honestly like Tidus, he has been openly to his friends which is good, he didn't complain because he has good reasons, he's always being realistic and look at how Tidus treat Yuna in the whole game (Yuna is surely lucky to have him). Overally, I'm pretty sure that Tidus's personality is much better than many guys on this Earth.

Let me tell you, if someome hates Tidus then they are jealous of him, no agurement about that :)

DeathKnight
06-14-2006, 07:19 PM
I REALLY hate your threads eiko guy, they're just meant to invite bashness to its fullest.

Only americans hate Tidus, in other countries such as Japan they embrace him to death.

I really like the guy, outspoken, keeps everyone from going insane, keeps everything upbeat no matter how bad things look.

If you guys think 'bout it, Spira was a SAD and dangerous place. Tidus gave hope and inspiration to Spira along with Yuna, he helped Yuna and everyone else and lead them on their journey, his voice has nothing to do with nothing.

Hell I can go on a rampage 'bout how MUCH I hate how caucasian males talk

Eiko Guy
06-14-2006, 07:29 PM
noone was stopping you and i love tidus i just want ppl to see just how little they actually feel toward him

and noone is forcing you to read the thread

Hambone
06-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Tidus is my favorite character in the game. I don't blame him for being whiney. Incase you didn't think about it, he was blown 1000 years into the future by Sin where society has completely changed. He doensn't know what the heck is going. You guys would whine too. So, lay off Tidus.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
06-14-2006, 10:06 PM
I actually liked Tidus. And no, it wasnt because I though he was hot. That was just an added bonus :p I liked him because he thought of Yuna and Spira before he thought about himself at the end I mean. Like he didnt care what would happen to him. He loved Yuna but he left cause he'd rather save her. I seriously liked his voice too. Not whiny like other people say. He was awesome.

Eiko Guy
06-14-2006, 11:04 PM
i knew that not that many ppl could hate tidus

kidney / theif
06-14-2006, 11:37 PM
He's dumb. :cry:

Chris
06-14-2006, 11:42 PM
I didn't dislike Tidus that much, only his whiny voice. God, I really, truly, hated his voice.

SaintDave
06-15-2006, 12:25 AM
wouldnt u whine and go on if you went to a whole new place?
i think hes ok myself.

Slade
06-15-2006, 01:42 AM
I never hated him but I never liked him either.....he was just there. Heh. He's probably my least favorite main character but he's still pretty cool.

Venom
06-15-2006, 01:46 AM
I dont judge characters by the way they talk or that stuff, I judge from overall there ability in battle. Tidus is pretty awesome and in some aspects surpasses Auron.

But Lulu is the best and my only favorite character in FFX.:love:

TurkSlayer
06-15-2006, 01:51 AM
His voice acting is pretty bad, but other than that he was okay. He whined a bit, but he had decent reasons. And in the end, when he sacrificed himself the way he did, I gained a lot of respect for him. So yeah, he's not so bad.

Dell
06-15-2006, 05:31 PM
But Lulu and Kimahri is the best and my only favorite character in FFX.:love:

Agreed.

Other things is he didn't act like a leader, Auron is more like it.

As I say, I didn't have any problems about FFX character except Tidus. Eventhough, FFX is my least favourite among all FF, I still think FFX is a great game.

~SapphireStar~
06-15-2006, 05:41 PM
noone was stopping you and i love tidus i just want ppl to see just how little they actually feel toward him

and noone is forcing you to read the thread

vivi_ultima whats wrong with tidus
Well the title of this thread is why do you hate Tidus and people are giving you their reasons. We all dont have the same opinions.

I just disliked his voice, it was sweet that he wanted to protect Yuna no matter what and become one of her gurdians, he could have just walked away.

Eiko Guy
06-15-2006, 05:47 PM
i just waned to know if anybody had a good reason why they dont like tidus and most say his voice so not many really dislike him at all

HolYuna
06-15-2006, 08:10 PM
Eh, I used to think Tidus was quite annoying~ But I've learned to LIKE him, yeah, he can be whiny and all that, but he does have some cracking lines, like ''I hate you, Dad'' -- best one so far! ;D But his most annoying line is ''Live and let live'' or ''I won't go so easy on you next time!'' -- Cheesy to the high heavens.

But yeah, I LIKE him~

Fire_Emblem776
06-15-2006, 08:32 PM
He is taken and under age :P

escobert
06-15-2006, 08:35 PM
He's annoying, I hated the voices and I just hated his character. He sucked. as did the rest of the game.

Remon
06-15-2006, 08:52 PM
"Would you not hate a man who hates his father"-i'm kidding.Tidus is cool.AND FFX DIDN'T SUCK :(

TurkSlayer
06-15-2006, 10:59 PM

That was another problem I had. Unlike all previous heroes, he never really led the part, just was an important part of it. If anything, Auron and Yuna were the leaders.

DeathKnight
06-16-2006, 12:09 AM

That was another problem I had. Unlike all previous heroes, he never really led the part, just was an important part of it. If anything, Auron and Yuna were the leaders.

When times were crucial/dangerous and SAD, who was there to make things better? He played a major part in the game, as we know, Sin is Tidus' father, and HE is the one who must lead the party through it all. It does seem apparent that UNLIKE MOST FFs *cough* IX *cough* VII, FFX gives importance to ALL of the characters. That's why people like Auron and Yuna and Wakka, Kihmari, etc.

This is one of the few FFs which REALLY gives importance to other characters.

TurkSlayer
06-16-2006, 12:25 AM

When times were crucial/dangerous and SAD, who was there to make things better? He played a major part in the game, as we know, Sin is Tidus' father, and HE is the one who must lead the party through it all. It does seem apparent that UNLIKE MOST FFs *cough* IX *cough* VII, FFX gives importance to ALL of the characters. That's why people like Auron and Yuna and Wakka, Kihmari, etc.

True, he did try to cheer people up, I will not deny that, but he didn't LEAD the party. He was necessary for defeating Sin, but his necessity does not make him a leader. To be a leader, you have to, you know, LEAD.

EDIT: Wow, I'm playing this game too much. I just said "you know"... *Goes to bathe self to clean away the sin*

G SpOtZ
06-16-2006, 12:25 AM
Only americans hate Tidus, in other countries such as Japan they embrace him to death.
Lol. Japanese love him because he looks American, and a lot of Japanese people love America and the style of American guys. Typically, blonde hair and blue eyes. The voice acting is just a huge factor that made me dislike Tidus, it was terrible, it pierced my eardrums. Ow.
But, I hated him as much as I hated Yuna. Especially with that scene... the one right after Luca, when they have that whole scene about laughing... terribly. Oh god. Nightmares. Nightmares. Nightmares.

*cough* Now to back up my first little reason or whatever you wanna call it, take a look at DBZ. Characters are Asian at first, yeah? Brown/black hair, brown/black eyes... typical Asian, crazy hair, stuff like that. Then, they power up and become super strong. What happens to them? They turn American. Blonde hair, blue eyes.

Japanese --> American. That's just how it is. =P

mega_tonberry
06-16-2006, 02:46 AM
Because he is not Lulu.

Yuffie514
06-16-2006, 05:56 AM
i don't like Tidus' voice. it oftens elevates to a squeaky (or whatever you may want to call it) tone. overall, he's one of the best characters to fight with...

DeathKnight
06-16-2006, 09:25 AM

True, he did try to cheer people up, I will not deny that, but he didn't LEAD the party. He was necessary for defeating Sin, but his necessity does not make him a leader. To be a leader, you have to, you know, LEAD.

EDIT: Wow, I'm playing this game too much. I just said "you know"... *Goes to bathe self to clean away the sin*

Ok buddy, you can go play FFVII and that Vincent game now. It IS OBVIOUS that your biasness is MASSIVE.

I stick to what I said.

If you want characters like Cloud who OVERSHADOW ALL of the other characters then that's fine.

What the heck did Yuffie do in FFVII anyway? and Cid, he was just important for 'bout 3 seconds, talked a lot as if he was tough then didn't really mean much, same goes for most characters except Cloud and Sephiroth.

FF_crazy
06-16-2006, 09:44 AM
I cried aloud with mirth and merriment. Japanese love him because he looks American, and a lot of Japanese people love America and the style of American guys. Typically, blonde hair and blue eyes. The voice acting is just a huge factor that made me dislike Tidus, it was terrible, it pierced my eardrums. Ow.
But, I hated him as much as I hated Yuna. Especially with that scene... the one right after Luca, when they have that whole scene about laughing... terribly. Oh god. Nightmares. Nightmares. Nightmares.

*cough* Now to back up my first little reason or whatever you wanna call it, take a look at DBZ. Characters are Asian at first, yeah? Brown/black hair, brown/black eyes... typical Asian, crazy hair, stuff like that. Then, they power up and become super strong. What happens to them? They turn American. Blonde hair, blue eyes.

Japanese --> American. That's just how it is. =P

so then...Hitler would of loved them then lol when they "power up"

Dell
06-16-2006, 05:48 PM

Ok buddy, you can go play FFVII and that Vincent game now. It IS OBVIOUS that your biasness is MASSIVE.

I stick to what I said.

If you want characters like Cloud who OVERSHADOW ALL of the other characters then that's fine.

What the heck did Yuffie do in FFVII anyway? and Cid, he was just important for 'bout 3 seconds, talked a lot as if he was tough then didn't really mean much, same goes for most characters except Cloud and Sephiroth.

Cloud didn't overshadow all the character, play the game.

About Yuffie, she is optional anyway. Games with optional character such as VI and VII is unique. Without them, you can still continue the storyline and with them, it's more better. Yuffie have her own sidequest.

Cloud is the protagonist, he lead the party, only Cid cover him when he's out of party.
Barret has his story, if you play the game, you see when Barret's story start.
Tifa is the protagonist, she pretty much help the party and useful to storyline.
Aeris is another protagonist, her main role is outstanding, just that she got killed.
Cid also another great character, he appear as the captain of Highwind, become the leader Cloud is gone, he has his own story in Disc 2.
Nanaki story is same as Barret, it starts after Barret's.
Cait Sith is not very useful in battle but he did prove something in the story, he tell about Shin-Ra, sacrifice himself for the party.
Vincent and Yuffie is completely optional, but they have their own sidequest to know a lot about them.

The same goes for IX, the character even proves more meaningful than FFVII.

Whatever, at least, Cloud, Zidane and Vincent is a lot cooler than Tidus.

And another things is most of the previous FF don't have all characters journeying together, 4/3 of them continue while the others stay in the airship.

TurkSlayer
06-16-2006, 08:44 PM

I stick to what I said.

Cloud didn't overshadow all the character, play the game.

About Yuffie, she is optional anyway. Games with optional character such as VI and VII is unique. Without them, you can still continue the storyline and with them, it's more better. Yuffie have her own sidequest.

Cloud is the protagonist, he lead the party, only Cid cover him when he's out of party.
Barret has his story, if you play the game, you see when Barret's story start.
Tifa is the protagonist, she pretty much help the party and useful to storyline.
Aeris is another protagonist, her main role is outstanding, just that she got killed.
Cid also another great character, he appear as the captain of Highwind, become the leader Cloud is gone, he has his own story in Disc 2.
Nanaki story is same as Barret, it starts after Barret's.
Cait Sith is not very useful in battle but he did prove something in the story, he tell about Shin-Ra, sacrifice himself for the party.
Vincent and Yuffie is completely optional, but they have their own sidequest to know a lot about them.

The same goes for IX, the character even proves more meaningful than FFVII.

Whatever, at least, Cloud, Zidane and Vincent is a lot cooler than Tidus.

And another things is most of the previous FF don't have all characters journeying together, 4/3 of them continue while the others stay in the airship.

First, to DeathKnight: How is anything you said relivent to my response? All I said was that Tidus wasn't a leader. I never said I wanted a character that overshadowed everyone, I just said that he should have been able to be a real leader and decision maker instead of just another guardian who happens to have stronger ties to whats going on.

And I agree entirely with what vivi_ultima said. All of the characters have there own major parts to play, other than Yuffie and Vincent, whose are optional anyway. True, some characters, like Barret and Nanaki, get overshadowed in later parts of the story, but they still have there roles to play. Besides, like vivi_ultima said, they aren't with the party the whole time. They are off on there own, which is the point of the cell phone to call them to your aid.

I'm not biased, I love FFX (though I do like FFVII more), I just think Tidus should have been a real leader, that's all.

4evarisha
06-16-2006, 09:47 PM
Because he is not Lulu.
lol:D

escobert
06-16-2006, 09:58 PM
"Would you not hate a man who hates his father"-i'm kidding.Tidus is cool.AND FFX DIDN'T SUCK :(
I'm sorry but the voice acting completely ruined this game and any FF after that has it.

boys from the dwarf
06-16-2006, 10:02 PM
hes a bit wimpy and whiney and just too unlikable.

Setzer Gabianni
06-16-2006, 10:17 PM
DK, I love your bias - you go on and have a go at other people, when you're falling into the same trap?

I never liked Tidus, simply because of the same reason FFVII,VIII,X-2's heroes fell into - they had poor characteristics, they werent played well, I didn't like how they behaved in the game. Shame no other characters are like Zidane and Locke.

~Setzer Gabianni

escobert
06-16-2006, 11:37 PM
Cloud was nothing liek Squall and Tidus, they complained and cried all day. Cloud killed peopl then /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif on their faces.

Eiko Guy
06-17-2006, 03:38 AM
tidus is definitely the leader if it wasnt for him yuna wouldve sacrificed her life and a guardians so the spiral continues he is the person that gives yuna the confidence to continue her pilgrimage

auron never did anything leadershiplike he was just an adviser leaders let the team have fun but know when to get to work they could have stayed at the moonflow for a couple of hours but auron advised them not to even though it wouldnt have hurt

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 04:32 AM
tidus is definitely the leader if it wasnt for him yuna wouldve sacrificed her life and a guardians so the spiral continues he is the person that gives yuna the confidence to continue her pilgrimage

auron never did anything leadershiplike he was just an adviser leaders let the team have fun but know when to get to work they could have stayed at the moonflow for a couple of hours but auron advised them not to even though it wouldnt have hurt

You tell 'em! eiko guy!

Cloud was nothing liek Squall and Tidus, they complained and cried all day. Cloud killed peopl then /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif on their faces.

you sound like a 6 year old, sorry:chuckle:

TurkSlayer
06-17-2006, 04:54 AM

#1: Yes, like you said, he was an important member that effected Yuna's decision, but like I said, just because it is necessary for you to be there for the events to take place doesn't mean your the leader.

2: If Tidus was the leader and Auron wasn't, they WOULD have stayed in the Moonflow. But they followed Auron instead of Tidus. Thus, Auron: Leader (Or at least more of a leader), Tidus: Just an important member.

Hayabusa
06-17-2006, 04:58 AM

ROFL, I agree.

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 05:19 AM

#1: Yes, like you said, he was an important member that effected Yuna's decision, but like I said, just because it is necessary for you to be there for the events to take place doesn't mean your the leader.

2: If Tidus was the leader and Auron wasn't, they WOULD have stayed in the Moonflow. But they followed Auron instead of Tidus. Thus, Auron: Leader (Or at least more of a leader), Tidus: Just an important member.

stop your fanboyism for "tough" guys, GOD!

We don't need a 500 inch swordsman main characters in every FF.

You can love Auron all you want, but you're taking it to another level.

ROFL, I agree.

Yes I HAVE TO EMPHASIZE THAT. 'cause believe me, if they would've ALLOWED a african american or latino guy to do FF voices, woooooooooooooooooh! it would've kicked ass 10x over any caucasian's voice.

Anyway, it's PATHETIC to dislike a character because of her/his voice.

No wonder people don't like americans, they make such a big fuss 'bout how people talk.

if you have a latin accent, they LABEL you/don't like you.
if you have an asian accent, they LABEL you/don't like you.

FallenAngel411
06-17-2006, 06:18 AM
There was never a moment where Tidus bothered me at all. X was my first true RPG, and it amazed me from the getgo. I grew pretty attached to Tidus, and I still am. His innocence is endearing to me.

Eiko Guy
06-17-2006, 08:46 AM
they only listen to auron that time cuz he advises them to tidus leads them into sin and into bevelle tidus saves yuna from being kidnapped by the albhed in luca

Dell
06-17-2006, 08:47 AM
Anyway, it's PATHETIC to dislike a character because of her/his voice.

I didn't like Tidus just because of his voice, I dislike him because of his leadership. Setzer is right, Zidane and Locke is a perfect leader but Edgar is better.

Tidus cry when his father die.
Cloud didn't cry when Aeris die.

they only listen to auron that time cuz he advises them to tidus leads them into sin and into bevelle tidus saves yuna from being kidnapped by the albhed in luca

Lulu is the one. If she never tell Tidus, Yuna is probably sleeping in Summoner's Sanctum by now.

As I said before, I don't have any problems with FFX character except Tidus.

TurkSlayer
06-17-2006, 03:47 PM

What ARE you talking about!? I'm not saying all of this because I love Auron or I hate Tidus, nor do I have an obsession for the tough guy, I am just saying that Tidus WASN'T A LEADER. I don't care that he wasn't a badass with a giant sword, I just wish he had actually led the party. Personally, one of my favorite leaders in Final Fantasy games was Locke. Was he a badass with a giant sword?

*Clears throat* Anyway, what I'm trying to say here is stated rather well by a scene on Mt. Gagazet between Rikku an Tidus, before Seymour appears. The two are having a conversation about finding a way to save Yuna, and Tidus says (Not sure if this is exact quote or not) Tidus: When we get to Zanarkand, we'll find a wasy! We just don't know enough yet. Rikku follows this by saying (This is an exact quote)

Rikku: Hey... Just now, you sounded like a leader, you know?

Now think about this line for a minute. This suggests that, until now, Rikku had never considered him a leader. As I have been trying to say, to the rest of the party just considered him another gaurdian who happened to have stronger ties to the events taking place.

A few seconds after this, Rikku sees Seymour and Tidus turns to face him. He says this:

Tidus: Rikku, run and tell Auron.

Now, he could have just told her to go get the others, or have even said go get Yuna, but instead he asked her to get Auron. This suggest that EVEN Tidus considered him there leader, not himself.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm getting into this argument too deep with this. I didn't intentionally go and look this up, I just noticed it while I was playing the game last night. (I'm on my fourth playthrough right now)

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 04:30 PM

What ARE you talking about!? I'm not saying all of this because I love Auron or I hate Tidus, nor do I have an obsession for the tough guy, I am just saying that Tidus WASN'T A LEADER. I don't care that he wasn't a badass with a giant sword, I just wish he had actually led the party. Personally, one of my favorite leaders in Final Fantasy games was Locke. Was he a badass with a giant sword?

*Clears throat* Anyway, what I'm trying to say here is stated rather well by a scene on Mt. Gagazet between Rikku an Tidus, before Seymour appears. The two are having a conversation about finding a way to save Yuna, and Tidus says (Not sure if this is exact quote or not) Tidus: When we get to Zanarkand, we'll find a wasy! We just don't know enough yet. Rikku follows this by saying (This is an exact quote)

Now think about this line for a minute. This suggests that, until now, Rikku had never considered him a leader. As I have been trying to say, to the rest of the party just considered him another gaurdian who happened to have stronger ties to the events taking place.

A few seconds after this, Rikku sees Seymour and Tidus turns to face him. He says this:

Now, he could have just told her to go get the others, or have even said go get Yuna, but instead he asked her to get Auron. This suggest that EVEN Tidus considered him there leader, not himself.

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm getting into this argument too deep with this. I didn't intentionally go and look this up, I just noticed it while I was playing the game last night. (I'm on my fourth playthrough right now)

he did lead the party, play the game.

We'll ENDLESSLY go on like this, let's just say we have DIFFERENT EYES and the devil knows we do.

Eiko Guy
06-17-2006, 07:02 PM
tidus wasnt the leader through the whole game first auron is teaching him then tidus is leading rikku then wakka is leading him to besaid next its someone leading them to a dock at the beginning he cant lead because he doesnt know the world then in bikanel he leads them through home even though rikku could then he leads them through calm lands and mt gagazet hes sad so hes near the back and in zanarkand hes the one that gets them throughg yunalesca lulu would have died for it now o the airship at all confrontations after that he is always seen in the front of the group

Dell
06-18-2006, 05:47 AM
tidus wasnt the leader through the whole game first auron is teaching him then tidus is leading rikku then wakka is leading him to besaid next its someone leading them to a dock at the beginning he cant lead because he doesnt know the world

How would you say about Zidane? He never gone to other continent besides Mist Continent.

then in bikanel he leads them through home even though rikku could then he leads them through calm lands and mt gagazethes sad so hes near the back and in zanarkand hes the one that gets them throughg yunalesca lulu would have died for it now o the airship at all confrontations after that he is always seen in the front of the group

Actually you lead the party since you're controlling as Tidus.
Rikku is the one who lead the party to Home, I won't say much about this, since this is Rikku's home, so she knows.
Nope, he didn't lead them to Calm Lands and Mt. Gagazet. It is Lulu and Wakka, Yuna also play some parts in this, and Auron is the leader at that time.

EDIT - Can we just close this thread, there won't be war if it's closed.

Eiko Guy
06-18-2006, 06:09 AM
sure i just wanted to see if there were any really good reasons why ppl don't like tidus and zidane led becuz noone in his party had been there either but in X the team seems to have been everywhere beforehand

$howBiz
06-18-2006, 02:43 PM
i can't believe tidus has actually got haterz :( i thought everyone loved tidus he ain't a bad character at all apart from da shortz hez cool hahaha

Dell
06-18-2006, 04:05 PM
sure i just wanted to see if there were any really good reasons why ppl don't like tidus and zidane led becuz noone in his party had been there either but in X the team seems to have been everywhere beforehand

What about Eiko and Amarant?

~SapphireStar~
06-18-2006, 05:57 PM
i can't believe tidus has actually got haterz i thought everyone loved tidus
You thought wrong.

tidus_rox
06-18-2006, 08:05 PM
wtf is a partronist? and i like Tidus (hence mi name)

Eiko Guy
06-18-2006, 08:09 PM
but you dont meet eiko and amarant until later through the continent and amarant is too much of a loner to lead

Venom
06-18-2006, 08:41 PM
Lulu Crushes like everyone.:love:

~SapphireStar~
06-18-2006, 10:09 PM
wtf is a partronist
I think they mean protagonist. It means leader and main character. So some people call a lead part in a film, book, play or game the protagonist instead of lead character.

TurkSlayer
06-19-2006, 05:39 AM

We'll ENDLESSLY go on like this, let's just say we have DIFFERENT EYES and the devil knows we do.

Convienent. Can't think of anything else to say, so you just try to avoid continuing. Fine, I'll say no more. I'm wasting my time on you anyway.

P.S. I have played the game, probably more than you.

Zeromus_X
06-19-2006, 05:44 AM
Don't hate Tida's character, hate his english VA. He definitely doesn't look like a five year old in those FMVs, at any rate. Such a shame, I felt the other characters had perfectly appropriate VAs. (Auron, Lulu, Yuna, etc.)

runouni k master
06-19-2006, 06:08 AM
i dont like tidus because he isent strong like cloud or squall come on aurons an old man and he could kill tidus no problem at all

and a bad ass with a big sword should lead there more experanced in battel then pepole like tidus he looked like he never held a sword in his life when auron gave him his old mans sword and thats way auron was the leader or the party in ff10 not tidus like wakka sade aurons the best

Do not post more than once in a row. Use the edit/delete button if you wish to add to your post. ~ Leeza

Eiko Guy
06-19-2006, 07:51 AM
then cloud would not have been the leader of his party and i know that upsets the fanboys

Nominus Experse
06-19-2006, 11:33 AM
The thing that bothered me most about Tidus was the way his voice acting was done - it did, as some have mentioned earlier, sound very much akin to that of a five year from time to time. And it seemed that he recieved numerous lines throughout the game that really didn't add anything other than point out obvious occurances.

However, I will say that as the story matures, I found Tidus to also follow suit. I am not entirely sure if this is in fact a truth, but, in my personal play-thrus, he steadily became tolerable, and later added some to it. This, however, could be due to the idea that I have finally adapted to his... statements and voice acting... by that point through the game.

So really, perhaps Tidus' largest flaw is that most people are expecting the 'bad-ass' character that leads the party to victory. Tidus doesn't wield an impossible sword (he in fact struggles when he's handed one) - he seems much more... bound to reality? than the other 'heroes' I've encountered while playing the Final Fantasies.

Dell
06-19-2006, 02:58 PM
but you dont meet eiko and amarant until later through the continent and amarant is too much of a loner to lead

You don't meet with Rikku until Rikku save his butt. Same goes for Wakka, Yuna etc.

Lulu Crushes like everyone.:love:

QFT.

DeathKnight
06-19-2006, 04:25 PM

Convienent. Can't think of anything else to say, so you just try to avoid continuing. Fine, I'll say no more. I'm wasting my time on you anyway.

Stop praising yourself.

And no you haven't played the game more than me.

Leeza
06-19-2006, 04:29 PM
DeathKnight: For the last time...stop forcing your opinions on everyone and arguing with others about theirs. Stop it now or the next time you come in here you will be seeing a pink title beside your name.

TurkSlayer
06-19-2006, 04:32 PM

Stop praising yourself.

And no you haven't played the game more than me.

Then stop calling me a psychotic Auron fanboy/Tidus hater when I haven't said anything to suggest that.

Leeza
06-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Turkslayer: This is a warning to you as well. Do not continue these arguments because it makes you just as bad. If you have a problem with something/someone, use the warn button.

What the two of you are doing here is personal and off-topic and does not belong in threads.

TurkSlayer
06-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Turkslayer: This is a warning to you as well. Do not continue these arguments because it makes you just as bad. If you have a problem with something/someone, use the warn button.

What the two of you are doing here is personal and off-topic and does not belong in threads.

I understand. Very sorry, I didn't intend for this to get out of hand. I'll just leave it at this.

Jessweeee♪
06-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Everyone hates him because he is optimistic and sounds maybe 15 or 14 instead of 17.
He's not as emo as oh, say, Squall or Cloud.

Venom
06-19-2006, 08:22 PM
If I didnt have Tidus in my party, I'd be majorly screwed.

Shoden
06-19-2006, 10:52 PM
He may not be as kickass as Auron but I raised him to be a fast, quick hitting, hit whoring machine. Without him it would be no fun and my impatience would make me destroy the disk. I hate him because he's annoying, has a bad voice actor and his weapons are too small. The thing is, Squall was uber emo, cloud was screwed up, Zidane was a punk and we need something Unique for Tidus.

runouni k master
06-20-2006, 06:17 AM
ha you woled be mest up to like cloud if you saw someone you loked up to kill every one and burn down your home as for squall he had a hard life to so let him be tidus just has isuase with his dad so what:D i have them to with my dad

~SapphireStar~
06-20-2006, 12:32 PM
ha you woled be mest up to like cloud if you saw someone you loked up to kill every one and burn down your home as for squall he had a hard life to so let him be tidus just has isuase with his dad so what i have them to with my dad
You were saying before how much you disliked Tidus, now your sticking up for him?

i dont like tidus because he isent strong like cloud or squall come on aurons an old man and he could kill tidus no problem at all

and a bad ass with a big sword should lead there more experanced in battel then pepole like tidus he looked like he never held a sword in his life when auron gave him his old mans sword and thats way auron was the leader or the party in ff10 not tidus like wakka sade aurons the best

Laguna
06-20-2006, 01:21 PM
Im not a big FFX fan if im really honest, and part of the reason is Tidus.

I just never really felt particularly attatched to him. He's introduced as a cheerful character, which I have no issue with, but when they try to add depth with the whole Jecht bit it just didnt feel right. After that Tidus seems to alternate between "Boo hoo, my daddy is mean" and "YAY- YUNA!" That's something that irritated me as well, the whole Yuna/Tidus thing seemed a bit forced. Basically Tidus falls in love with her because. That's it, no real reason. It's just after he meets her he's instantly in love. Guess im not a big believer in love at first sight.

I guess he could have been worse though.

No.78
06-20-2006, 03:57 PM
"Yuna: Are you real?
Tidus: I think so..."

Perfect couple.

Jessweeee♪
06-20-2006, 05:55 PM
Oh, I see. So the main character HAS to be a wreck? Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the other main FF characters, but I think Tidus was just as good and he had other problems.

gabrielo2580
06-21-2006, 01:31 PM
-His quick-hit makes him pretty much ultimate character for fighting other than aeon cuz i can get like 15 hits a turn with him on Q hit and haste

-Demonstrates Optimism, Self-lessness, Liberty, Compassion, Courage, Humour, and Tenaciousness. my favorite is liberty cuz he does what he feels is right all the time.

-Acts like a child sometimes which is fun to watch.

many say his biggest sacrafice was when he gave his life for yuna by helping defeat sin releasing all the fayth but I think his biggest sacrafice was when he left the staduim for wakka cuz bieng a basketball player I know how hard it is to give ur position away to someone like that and that was his only chance to prove he was a blitzball star..

No one can disagree all that is true and bieng all that true how can u hate tidus?? other than jealousy I dont see

~SapphireStar~
06-21-2006, 10:04 PM
No one can disagree all that is true and bieng all that true how can u hate tidus?? other than jealousy I dont see
Why would people be jelaous of a fictional character? I know Im not, I just cant stand him, jealousy doesnt come into it. And you cant claim your post to be truth, its an opinion, not the gospel truth.

gabrielo2580
06-22-2006, 12:37 AM
just the fact that their fictional might make u jealous because fictional characters can be perfect we cant

~SapphireStar~
06-22-2006, 12:47 AM
Fictional characters dont have perfect lifes. Harry Potter, lost both parents, is battling against Voldemort nonstop, lost his closest friend and cant have the girl of his dreams. Now look at the FF characters, they all arent perfect, some die, some lose people close to them, etc. They are like normal people, so why should people be jealous.

runouni k master
06-22-2006, 05:20 AM
hay bsb lover sapphire star im not sticking up for tidus i was making fun of him for being weack and having a lame problem compaired to sqaull and cloud i have dad problems to so way love tidus thats lame i have dad problems to like another million people tidus is a big cry baby because his dad was mean to him big deal cloud and sqaull had harder problems thats way i like them more then chiken wuss tidus

Eiko Guy
06-22-2006, 08:25 AM
tidus problem wasnt that his problem was that he wasnt real
squall was a crybaby "oh im gonna be alone again"
cloud i dont even wanna talk about this wuss

Rostum
06-22-2006, 09:58 AM
I don't mind him, but some bits were annoying. Like when him and Yuna were faking their laugh.

Shoden
06-24-2006, 03:06 PM
He's funny because he acts like a complete kid and a bit of an attention whoring retard, it's not so overused in the FF series for a main character, alot of people hate him because it breaks tradition.

Markus. D
06-24-2006, 03:12 PM
I hate Auron more than Tidus.

What the heck did Auron do!?... sure he had that whole backstory, but apart from that, he was just an observer, adviser at most.

ValiantKnight
06-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Personally the little fit he pitched after seeing Auron in Luca, to Auron when he found him on the dock, set me off a little.
That and his lack of responsibility and completely carefree attitude are a little annoying at times. But he's ok. He's tolerable when he's playing blitzball, he actually seems more mature then. Then again I'm not that far in, so I haven't seen any of his more mature times yet.

Don't really hate him though. And that's me opinion, not meaning to argue or anything.

gabrielo2580
06-24-2006, 07:33 PM
hay bsb lover sapphire star im not sticking up for tidus i was making fun of him for being weack and having a lame problem compaired to sqaull and cloud i have dad problems to so way love tidus thats lame i have dad problems to like another million people tidus is a big cry baby because his dad was mean to him big deal cloud and sqaull had harder problems thats way i like them more then chiken wuss tidus

daddy issues are alot more serious than u think

zeilov_khaschante
07-13-2006, 12:00 PM
I like Tidus, after Yuna. So, when he is missing in FF X-2, I miss him a lot!

TidusMaster
07-19-2006, 10:07 PM
Tidus was one of the best main characters that i've seen! He has the perfect characteristics for a main character!:D

Yeah! Go TIDUS!

JaytodaP
07-20-2006, 02:20 AM
Alright, theres no other way to explain how much i hate him so lets just say that if there were one gun in the world with one bullet (prefferably a Desert Eagle) and out of all of the villains and bad-guys i could shoot, I'd shoot Tidus. But hes not real, so I just yell at him if I ever decide to play it again but I blew the game up with fireworks because i hated the game so much.

TiDUS.AHOLiC
07-20-2006, 06:18 AM
I don't... I love him! :) Well he is all goods! No need to be fix! HOT! HOT! HOT! Plus, you guys can call him anything but the truth is... nothing is wrong with him... AND WDF?! SHOOT TIDUS?! PSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... I know that Tidus hotness will melt the bullet! So yeah! Well for the people who don't hate him I'm with you guys but if you have some real issues with Tidus I guess your just hating. But, oh well! I'm so envied by Tidus's life! Anyways, GO TIDUS BABY! :)

scrumpleberry
07-21-2006, 03:04 PM
Auron isn't old, we are just used to teenagers saving the world.

I dislike Tidus purely because he is unneccesarily rude and disrespectful. And the voice actor annoys me. I don't mind him getting upset over Jecht, that's perfectly understandable. Jecht is even worse than Tidus is! I just don't like the way Tidus talks to people, the way he runs on the spot at the most innapropriate moments...argh, he just annoys me. I don't hate him...I just don't like him. Love the game though.

mesmerized
07-21-2006, 03:33 PM
i don't really know why but tidus is not one of my favourite characters...sometimes he is a little stressing...

Dell
07-21-2006, 04:45 PM
This thread is still on?
Lemme clarify mine:

Tidus was like the worst villain ever

He is neither a good leader nor a badass.
He doesn't lead like Zidane and Cecil and he's not a badass like Cloud and Squall.

Some will agree, some will not.

Jessweeee♪
07-21-2006, 05:15 PM
Instead of the emo guy making friends and saving the earth through the power of friendship, we have an optimistic guy saving the world through the power of friendship....I liked the change.

mesmerized
07-21-2006, 07:04 PM
Whoever said Auron was old, that makes my mother a shrivelled old crone on her deathbed, which she ISN'T :p . Auron isn't old, we are just used to teenagers saving the world.

I dislike Tidus purely because he is unneccesarily rude and disrespectful. And the voice actor annoys me. I don't mind him getting upset over Jecht, that's perfectly understandable. Jecht is even worse than Tidus is! I just don't like the way Tidus talks to people, the way he runs on the spot at the most innapropriate moments...argh, he just annoys me. I don't hate him...I just don't like him. Love the game though.
I do have to agree with you...maybe if the actor's voice wouldn't be annoying Tidus would be well seen by many more.

Jessweeee♪
07-21-2006, 07:08 PM
I think he sounded like he was seventeen. Oh, he WAS seventeen you say?

I said that already didin't I?

TiDUS.AHOLiC
07-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Well.. just the sound?! That is so ridiculous! Anyways.. I belive he can be a leader, he can be a badass.. and he is not annoying. But, if you have have so much negativity towards him.. then fine.. that's you guys.. but the truth is, he is the best! :)

mega_tonberry
07-22-2006, 09:38 PM
I would think his sound would be of about the same importance as his looks,TiDUS.AHOLiC. His overall outlook at life and how he handles it is what I dislike about him most I suppose. His mix of optimism, lack of responsibility, and (dare I say) his cry babyish behavior. I can understand him being this way towards his father, but he incorporates it in whatever he does. Maybe since It's just because I dont have much optimism, but Tidus just annoys me with his. Ofcourse, as he said, laughter was the only thing keeping the group going so I guess it was necessary to help them persevere.

Setzer Gabianni
07-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Well.. just the sound?! That is so ridiculous! Anyways.. I belive he can be a leader, he can be a badass.. and he is not annoying. But, if you have have so much negativity towards him.. then fine.. that's you guys.. but the truth is, he is the best! :)

There's no truth in Tidus being the best, but in the case of specific people like Sabin and Edgar Figaro, they are the best, FACT, not opinion. Rofl.

~Setzer Gabbiani

N8V_Tidus25
07-23-2006, 04:06 AM
He starts out the game way to soft and scared but later gets more into it so its all good with me

feona17
07-23-2006, 06:16 AM
I've completely not read this thread because I know all it consists of is "Tidus sucks, he's a crybaby and acts like a girl."

Okay okay sure. But put yourself in his shoes. If you were shipped off to another planet, not knowing anyone, about anything, and suddenly trying to save a world that you don't even belong in.. you wouldn't be so calm. You'd be crying too.

Anyway Tidus wasn't that great of a hero in the beginning, but throughout the game his character develops and he grows on you in leaps and bounds. That's what happened with me. At the beginning, I was like, Tidus is just another character to me, but by the end I grew to really like his character.

Just cause the voice acting was somewhat crappy in this game, it's better than not having anything at all. They did improve with X-2, so that's good.

mesmerized
07-23-2006, 09:31 PM
I've completely not read this thread because I know all it consists of is "Tidus sucks, he's a crybaby and acts like a girl."

Okay okay sure. But put yourself in his shoes. If you were shipped off to another planet, not knowing anyone, about anything, and suddenly trying to save a world that you don't even belong in.. you wouldn't be so calm. You'd be crying too.

Anyway Tidus wasn't that great of a hero in the beginning, but throughout the game his character develops and he grows on you in leaps and bounds. That's what happened with me. At the beginning, I was like, Tidus is just another character to me, but by the end I grew to really like his character.

Just cause the voice acting was somewhat crappy in this game, it's better than not having anything at all. They did improve with X-2, so that's good.

are u reffering to the ending movie? (Just cause the voice acting was somewhat crappy in this game, it's better than not having anything at all. They did improve with X-2, so that's good.[/QUOTE] )

feona17
07-23-2006, 09:57 PM

are u reffering to the ending movie? (Just cause the voice acting was somewhat crappy in this game, it's better than not having anything at all. They did improve with X-2, so that's good. )[/QUOTE]

I'm referring to When Tidus returns at the end of X-2, and he sounds super nice. Even though it's the same voice actor.

xyunaxtidus'sgirlx
07-24-2006, 06:40 PM
Hey ppl i jus joined here and i saw this fingy why do some ppl hate tidus lyk i admit i dont lyk his voice but hes so cute and sweet.....:) :love: :angel: personally i love him to bits lyk......

luv yunz:D

Jessweeee♪
07-24-2006, 08:20 PM
I guess to summarize, everything you all hate about him, we love.

Distain
07-25-2006, 01:40 AM
vivi_ultima whats wrong with tidus i dont see cloud taking his own life so others can live i dont see any other protagonists that have a whole makeout scene clouud gets all depressed and never undepresses and squall yeah they're loners but thats no reason to love them

and if tidus wasnt there kinahri would be gone or yuna would have been killed in macalania

First of all, I'm sure any of those charicters would have donw the same thing as tidus had they found themselvs in that situation.

Secoundly, I'm fine with Tidus. Sure he wasnt the obvios leader of the gruop like Airon or Yuna, but that was just part of his charicter. He was just a diffrent twist on what most people persive to be the big hero leader type. He brought many diffrent aspects to the game as the main charicter, and I respect that.

Darkwing Bahamut
07-25-2006, 09:18 AM
I liked him at the start, he was cheerful and optimistic. But towards the end he got annoying and hard to tolerate. I don't hate him, but some of the other lead male characters are better.

ChibiKadaj
07-28-2006, 08:06 PM
I don't hate Tidus, I just don't like how he can get cocky sometimes.

FTF
07-29-2006, 08:28 PM
I read about halfway through the thread... into the "leadership" discussion... and I thought I'd just throw in my two cents.

Tidus was not a leader to the group. Argue that if you will, but it doesn't change the fact. He was nowhere near as important to the group/to saving the world as say... Squall (I use Squall because ffviii and ffx are the only ff's I've played recently). However, THAT DOESN'T MATTER. The story was about him. It was about how HE got swept up into a foreign world, and how he and the friends he met eventually saved it. Does anyone remember the scene where Auron and Tidus get sucked into Sin at the beginning, in Zanarkand? I remember Auron saying something like, "This is it. This is your story." It's clear that Tidus was never meant to be a leader, he was just the central character of the story we saw. If we saw the game primarily through another characters eyes (Wakka, for example), things would seem alot different, but that would not make Wakka a leader. We saw the game from Tidus' POV because his story happened to be the most interesting (though Auron's might have been pretty cool too :P), and not because he was the leader.

Cookie
07-29-2006, 08:56 PM
I think he's a pretty good character
Caladbolg is great
He rules my blitzball league
Shuyin is rubbish
(Easiest last boss ever!)

hplvr
07-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Tidus isnt that bad of a character.... but i do have to say at the beginnig of the game he whined too much and it just got on my nerves seeing him like that but as the game progressed, i guess he began to understand to not whine anymore, since of what Yjna had to do......

Eiko Guy
07-30-2006, 03:39 AM
some of you have given me valid answers but some actually dont make sense

runouni k master: his problem is weak daddy isuues
squall didn't have a problem he was just born antisocial.
cloud has a problem that he doesnt reallly know
but tidus' problem is much bigger than that he isn't real he is just a dream now tell me which woukd you want least? being friendless not existing or identity issues

he is the best leader from any fantasy that i have played. He lead his team to his death noone but him has to die he kills his own father who we see that he loves just so everyone can be at peace

squall led his team to possible death he would probably have sayed "screw this i want to live let someone else handle it" but tidus went to where it would be his sure death that is noble

FTF
07-30-2006, 08:26 AM
Eiko:

First off... growing up at an orphanage, and then losing your only real friend/ source of support (Ellone) were what caused Squall to be anti-social. He wasn't born that way, and really.... he doesn't end up that way.

squall led his team to possible death he would probably have sayed "screw this i want to live let someone else handle it" but tidus went to where it would be his sure death that is noble
What game did you play? :rolleyes2 Remember the big space rescue? Squall risked his life there....

....besides, I'm not arguing that Tidus wasn't brave, or that he wouldn't sacrifice himself. He most definately was brave.

he is the best leader from any fantasy that i have played. He lead his team to his death noone but him has to die he kills his own father who we see that he loves just so everyone can be at peace

No, again... he wasn't a leader. The protagonist is not always the leader, and Tidus is a great example. Really, the leader is Yuna. It's HER pilgrimage, and her guardians are just there to protect her. The story we see is based around Tidus' experiences, but he does NOT lead in the same way as Squall does (and Cloud, if I remember correctly), no matter how important to the story he is.

Now... I don't dislike him because he isn't the leader... that just made the story interesting to me. I don't really like Tidus for other reasons though. His voice did play a part, I'll admit... I can't stand it... and usually try to ignore it and read the subtitles. Other than that though, he is too childish. He even shouted "Make me!!" in the scene before the first fight with Seymour. He tries to act tough, when it's painfully obvious to everyone that he's a crybaby. The last thing that gets me... is his overconfidence. I mean, in some situations, it's a good thing, but he takes it wayyyy too far....

Despite all that, he's not a terrible character. He's a bit hard to relate to though, because he's in such a wierd position (I can't say I know what it feels like to go 1000 years through time ;) ), but at least he's interesting... and a bit less predictable than Squall.

(alright I'll stop with the ffviii comparisons)

Simen
08-03-2006, 05:08 PM
I liked Tidus alot. A great name for an awesome main character IMO.

Jessweeee♪
08-03-2006, 09:53 PM
It was Tidus's story. Everyone has a story, some are dull, and some aren't. We were simply viewing one of millions of stories.

vylion
08-04-2006, 12:46 AM
tidus acts a bit too kiddy for how he looks quote:'but i want everything'

VengefulRonin
08-04-2006, 08:30 AM
He was emo. He was selfish. As vylion mentioned down there, he whined "i want everything!" And as for his "story", that was always what he said, this is "MY" story. Not until the very end does he even stop saying "my story." And his screams are girly.

Exlyn99
08-05-2006, 10:30 AM
God, I don't think I've ever seen a thread with no flame wars. How pathic us gamers can be...

Anyways, I like Tidus. Plain and simple. But then again, my opinion is a bit biased, since FFX is the best thing I know of. *please, no one quote me on that*

Another reason why I don't dislike Tidus is that I learned to understand him. Being a good-looking, famous celebrity, you can't expect him to be a heroic tough guy all of a sudden. I also admire the way he changes, and how he sacrifices and his life for Yuna... and Spira of course, but that was just an added bonus^ ^

Eiko Guy
08-07-2006, 06:26 PM
tidus is ,like zidane, the second gen non emo protagonist he was not selfish most selfish people will not sacrifice their own life to save a world he did want everything but that everything was yuna living more than anything

seriously have you even played ffx VengefulRonin

VengefulRonin
08-08-2006, 07:02 AM
I've played it twice.....and yes, i realize that he changes, but for a good portion of the game he's whiny. And he just annoys me for no reason anyway, just like kimahri.

Urumi_boi
08-08-2006, 11:25 AM
I HATE HIM COZ I PLAYED ALL FFX-2 TILL 90% OR SO AND DOESNT SHOW UP!!!!!FU TIDUS!!!!COWARD!!!YUNA WANTS U AND U RUN AWAY IN ZANARKAND OR WATHEVER!!!

Dell
08-08-2006, 04:11 PM
Doing something for one person is 'selfisher' than doing something for every person in the world. Sacrifice himself for the world is better than not sacrifice himself in the world.

I Am Stoner
08-08-2006, 04:16 PM
There is only a few things I can say about tidus. 1) He actually looks like a girl 2) Thats not a bad thing, it cool 3) His clothes rock 4) Legend 5) Even more of a legend 6) and well......... er.......... um................... Legend! CHEESE ON TOAST RULES!!!!!

VengefulRonin
08-09-2006, 02:35 AM
You know...these people posting in defense of Tidus...isnt this a why do you "HATE" tidus form? Kinda off topic methinks...

Another reason i dislike him is his clothes, they're so friggin weird. He has uneven pants legs and sleeves, and that just drives me crazy. I have a pet peeve where things have to be even...so i hate his clothes. And his shirt is yellow too. >_< But i do like that necklace of his though <.<

Yliette
08-09-2006, 07:52 AM
Honestly, his whiney characteristic is a good weakness. It eventually led to his maturity and selflessness to Yuna.

Also, many of us have no control over the forums. Many immature members still rampage about.

Rosenti
08-09-2006, 07:24 PM
well lets look at it like this, first of all he has alot to complain about and all of his complaints are relevant. How would you feel if all of a sudden all of those stuff were happening to YOU! mwuahaha lol.. no but seriously, try look at it in that way and stop being so narrow minded:moomba:

auron was ´never a leader, all he did was instruct the team and help them threw as a guardian, he was an intelligent guy but not the leader.. its more Yuna or Tidus thats thé leader all auron did was help them as a guardian!! help them!! not lead them! help them damn it!

sorry abouy the 3rd reply.. my pc is acting extremely weird.. and it doesn't show all of the other messages ive sent in.. extremly sorry!

Don't double-post, use the edit/delete button instead.

~Void

FTF
08-11-2006, 06:12 AM
auron was ´never a leader, all he did was instruct the team and help them threw as a guardian, he was an intelligent guy but not the leader.. its more Yuna or Tidus thats thé leader all auron did was help them as a guardian!! help them!! not lead them! help them damn it!

-.-

Mmmmk, how exactly do you define "leader"? I only ask because... well, Auron led the group for most of the game. He made most of their decisions becuase he was the most experienced guardian of the group (ok this is arguable, but all of Lulu's summoners quit/died... so I tend to see Auron as the expert ;) ). Very few decisions were made by anyone other than him, so again... care to define "leader" for me?

Oh, by the way.. "all TIDUS did was help them as a guardian!! help them!! not lead them! help them damn it!".

In case I wasn't clear enough.... I fixed that quote. Tidus wasn't even close to being a leader figure until very late in the story (post-airship). He just HELPED [the group]. He was the protagonist... but that does not mean he was the leader.

Yuna, as the group's centre, should have been the leader... but she was too young, too unaware, and her personality wasn't that of a leader. (Compare her to Dona...)

Rosenti
08-11-2006, 11:18 AM

-.-

Mmmmk, how exactly do you define "leader"? I only ask because... well, Auron led the group for most of the game. He made most of their decisions becuase he was the most experienced guardian of the group (ok this is arguable, but all of Lulu's summoners quit/died... so I tend to see Auron as the expert ;) ). Very few decisions were made by anyone other than him, so again... care to define "leader" for me?

Oh, by the way.. "all TIDUS did was help them as a guardian!! help them!! not lead them! help them damn it!".

In case I wasn't clear enough.... I fixed that quote. Tidus wasn't even close to being a leader figure until very late in the story (post-airship). He just HELPED [the group]. He was the protagonist... but that does not mean he was the leader.

Yuna, as the group's centre, should have been the leader... but she was too young, too unaware, and her personality wasn't that of a leader. (Compare her to Dona...)

well if it wasn't for Tidus, Yuna wouldn't have wanted to carry on.. Leader is Yuna, its her journey, really all of the decisions are up to her but she wants auron to tell her whats the best way cause hes most expierenced. I would never see Auron as the leader..

FTF
08-12-2006, 01:16 AM
well if it wasn't for Tidus, Yuna wouldn't have wanted to carry on.. Leader is Yuna, its her journey, really all of the decisions are up to her but she wants auron to tell her whats the best way cause hes most expierenced. I would never see Auron as the leader..

First of all... I'm positive that Yuna would have carried on without Tidus. In fact, between the Summoner's Sanctum and Yunalesca, Tidus was trying his best to stop her... hell, even beforehand, now that I remember the lake scene in Macalania. I'm sure Tidus' optimism early on may have helped a bit, but clearly Yuna would have stuck to her decision anyways.

Yes, it is Yuna's journey, but as I said, she didn't have a real leadership personality.. and she left most of the leading to her guardians. The most experienced guardian was Auron, and therefore most decisions were made by him. He LEAD for alot of the story (basically everything between Luca and Yunalesca). I can't see how anyone else could be considered the leader...

Rosenti
08-12-2006, 12:16 PM
There would have been no journey at all if it wasn't for Yuna.. Guardians are nothin without the summoner.. besides Auron.. ive never seen him make a big decision, only suggestions.. to me Auron will never be the Leader. Cause he wasn't there when it was important.. he First comes in, in Luca right??

FTF
08-12-2006, 05:04 PM
There would have been no journey at all if it wasn't for Yuna.. Guardians are nothin without the summoner.. besides Auron.. ive never seen him make a big decision, only suggestions.. to me Auron will never be the Leader. Cause he wasn't there when it was important.. he First comes in, in Luca right??

Yes I realize how important the role of Summoner is, but that's the only thing that makes Yuna important. She would have been basically useless as anything else (not in battles though, I <3 white magery :D ). As I've been saying, she did not take up the leadership position, despite being the centre of the group.

Yes, Auron does first come into the group at Luca (ignoring the Zanarkand scene). However, that is still very early in the story, and very little had been decided by that point at all. I honestly can't give any examples of big decisions Auron makes... I wish I could, but it's been a while since I've been really stroyline-oriented in this game. I do know though, that his guidance... his leadership if you will, helps the party ALOT through the middle section of the story, and as I've said, he is the major decision maker for quite a long time.

It seems to me, all you're doing is downplaying Auron's role by switching words. What he says could be taken as suggestions, but since the whole party knows to trust him, and therefore follows his advice for the most part, I prefer to call them decisions, and Auron a leader. Tidus was the 'helper', and, though Yuna did make some big decisions, she usually sought Auron's consent beforehand anyways... recognizing who the leader was...

EDIT: WHOOOOAAA, I just looked at the title of the thread again. Hah, I'm drifting pretty off-topic here, I'll try to focus on Tidus more than Auron from now on then. Still, what I've been saying is why Tidus isn't a leader. It's not like that's a big problem though... really, it's a nice twist away from the protagonist=leader thing I see all too often in RPGs (though, not being a real hardcore gamer, I can't say that with any conviction..). I don't like Tidus for other reasons though, which I'm sure I've said earlier.

Eiko Guy
08-12-2006, 11:47 PM
storyline - tidus
rikku attacks yuna in luca- gets away never finishes pigrimage
yuna's marriage to seymour- rikku wouldnt have joined because lulu and yuna wouldnt have trusted her and now yuna has a husband

see what could happen without tidus

f f freak
08-13-2006, 12:15 AM
Umm but the storyline would go differently. In Luca There was still Kimahri and Lulu plus the fact that they wouldn't even be looking for Auron in Luca if Tidus was not there so Yuna might not have been captured.

FTF
08-13-2006, 08:04 AM
storyline - tidus
rikku attacks yuna in luca- gets away never finishes pigrimage
yuna's marriage to seymour- rikku wouldnt have joined because lulu and yuna wouldnt have trusted her and now yuna has a husband

see what could happen without tidus

No. Tidus is the centre of the stroy we see, but again, he is not the leader of the group.

The kidnapping in Luca had nothing to do with the end of the pilgrimmage. She kept going after that, and even after the Moonflow kidnapping, and only stopped once she found out that one of her friends would have to be sacrificed along with her, in order to beat Sin the traditional way.

By the way, Yuna would definately have trusted Rikku... remember, they are cousins. In fact, I don't think the act that she helped Tidus earlier had any effect on the decision at all... all it did was convince Wakka (well, that and the fact that he didn't even know she was Al-Bhed..).

Oh, and... a character can have huge impacts on the story without being the 'leader'. Without Kimahri, for example, Yuna would have never reached Besaid, and the story would have been ALOT different, if una ever even did become a summoner. Does that make him leader? Without Auron, Tidus would never have even made it out of DZ, so he had a much larger effect on the story than Tidus did. So I fuess, by your logic, he'd be the leader? How about Wakka... he's one of the main reasons Tidus even became Yuna's guardian. If he'd listened to Lulu early on, things, again, would have been alot different. What I'm trying to say is... all of the main characters had a huge effect on the storyline. That's why they are main characters. Trying to argue that Tidus was the leader because he was important to the story is useless, because so was everyone else. Also, you were lead to believe that Tidus was alot more important than he actually was because he was the protagonist....

*Lady luck*
08-13-2006, 07:50 PM
I agree with FTF, I do not think there was any particular "leader". Everyone pretty much worked together in the story. If I had to pick a character with the most leadership qualities, I would pick Auron.... but that's just me.

I do not dislike Tidus either. Yeah he is pretty feminine, and yeah he is a touch on the whiney side... but so what. Then again I don't dislike a lot of people. I really didn't even notice how whiney he actually was until I saw how frequently other people commented on it. Then when I replayed the game, I noticed.

Helios
08-14-2006, 11:16 AM
I quite liked Tidus actually, I thought he was courages considering the changes in his life. But i would have much preferred him to have got with Lulu instead of Yuna who I thought was just a bit too...quiet(not necessarily a bad thing) but...hmm i can't really explain it.

bipper
08-27-2006, 06:51 PM
He is supposed to suck and be annoying and a horrid leade, at least for the first part of the story. After the suckface scene he steps up and really becomes something special. It is like a comming of age story meets an actualy character that grows and changes story. I think he is a damn cool character myself.

"But omg he is phag" is about the most goddam annoying reasoning I have heard. It is obvious at this point that some one needs to start breathing. Or stop.

Bipper

Distain
08-27-2006, 09:34 PM
FFX dosent have a "leader", if your thinking of a leader is the whole quiet/anti social/forgets his past guy. Like FTF said, all the charicters are important. But if I had to list wich ones made the best leaders, iw woild be:

1 Auron
2 Lulu
3 Tidus
4 Yuna

and so on. But meh, just my opinion.

TehAnima
08-31-2006, 08:36 AM
I didn't think he sounded whiny......

Shadowdeathrose
08-31-2006, 08:56 AM
Whats Wrong with tidus? just becuase he is whiny? how the ....... would you feel if you was transported 1000 years in the future with no way of getting bakc and then you find out that your dad is the person that destroyed your city and is the person cuasing all the trouble!!!.

he's not whiny anyway!

Malboro_Menace
08-31-2006, 08:59 AM
"But omg he is phag" is about the most goddam annoying reasoning I have heard. It is obvious at this point that some one needs to start breathing. Or stop.

Here, here!

tidus_rox
09-03-2006, 07:54 PM
Name ^^^

CodeVeroby
09-13-2006, 10:29 AM
I dont hate him at all

Malboro_Menace I need you to know this guy is dead

Yo, CodeVeroby, don't double post. Use the edit delete button in future thank you please - Psychotic.

sephirothishere
09-13-2006, 12:21 PM
he pisses me off.........case closed.....
seriously....he doesnt bother with consequences or stuff like that....
pisses me off.....they should have mde another squall or cloud game....

Raebus
09-13-2006, 12:56 PM
he pisses me off.........case closed.....
seriously....he doesnt bother with consequences or stuff like that....
pisses me off.....they should have mde another squall or cloud game....

NO

Seriously, No.

Rosenti
09-13-2006, 05:23 PM
I remember someone made a website dedicating his HATE towards Tidus.

That must be the BIGGEST loser in the world!

Arvick
09-13-2006, 06:38 PM
it is a great guy that lauch scene is great!! and with yuna it is much more fun :D

ama124
09-13-2006, 08:26 PM
i really dont understand why everyone hates him so much. it puzzles me :confused:

anyways i like him alot and i thought he was of the best characters out there. It seemed like he was very thought out and he seemed to be the one realest characters in ff

guffman
09-15-2006, 12:10 AM
i agree he was very thought. his voice was a little annoying, but the character himself rocked.

yojimbosoul
10-13-2006, 01:09 AM
Tidus is ......... well ........ Bratty in my view. He seems to hate change and he interperates everything so slowly. He can't accept his life, so he relies on others to drag him throught life. He coulden't care less for any one else, like the people that died in the begining, and only thought for himself, and trying to get home. When the truth bores into him, he fights Sin hoping it to pull him back into the past, instead of living a normal life.

Closer to the end, he seems to have grows out of his childish views, and now his goal is to.............. kill his father......( he didn't change after all)

Tidus_Girl
10-13-2006, 04:10 AM
Wow this topic is still alive? You're kidding right? It's been nearly a month. People hate Tidus because he's whiney and bratty, etc...??? Okay stop for just a minute and think about this. If you were thrown into some unknown world, being chased by fiends and nearly killed and all alone and then you wind up with people you don't even know, wouldn't you just want to go home? Wouldn't you be upset at first? I mean what if you found out your father was the cause of all the destruction and pain in Spira and the only way to get rid of him was to kill him? How would you feel if you fell in love with somebody (summoner Yuna) only to find out later on that her defeat of Sin will take her life and you'll lose that too??? I mean put yourself in Tidus's shoes and think about that. You don't know where you are, you don't know anybody and have no choice but to go with them so you won't be alone and so hopefully you can find a way home, you fall in love only you may end up losing that love because of your father and so your mission is to kill him without her dying but yet you're still losing one you care about. I mean wouldn't you be scared, wouldn't you be complaining and wouldn't you cry if you went through all of that?? Think about it...

Fire_Emblem776
10-13-2006, 09:34 PM
Hes too good lookin for a 17 year old. He has an adult body! Hows that possible?

I Am Stoner
10-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Tidus is just wierd. I don't really like him, to me he's too happy to be the main character. What happened to the days when people like cloud ruled the FF scene? Ok, tidus was that bad and I didn't hate him, to me hes just..... Weird. Although he does have one of the coolest swords I've seen in a long time, A great haircut and shoes that rock! His clothes rocked too, I liked his shorts, they where class. But tidus himself I think was a bit of a wuss.

Old Manus
10-13-2006, 10:34 PM
i h8 tidus hes so gay i mean come on he has blond hair and likes to grab (blitz)balls

Venom
10-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Its pretty pathetic when you judge a fictional character on their personality as opposed to their stats.

I Am Stoner
10-13-2006, 11:30 PM
Its pretty pathetic when you judge a fictional character on their personality as opposed to their stats.

Fair play, you got me there man.:) He has good stats, I would of just like to of seen a bit of a harder, tougher character than him as a main character.

LunarWeaver
10-14-2006, 12:38 AM

I think a great deal of an RPG's enjoyment comes from the characters and their personalities. I've used characters in RPGs that have horrible stats simply because I like them. I must disagree with the idea personality can't affect the player's use :(

yojimbosoul
10-14-2006, 05:16 AM
Wow this topic is still alive? You're kidding right? It's been nearly a month. People hate Tidus because he's whiney and bratty, etc...??? Okay stop for just a minute and think about this. If you were thrown into some unknown world, being chased by fiends and nearly killed and all alone and then you wind up with people you don't even know, wouldn't you just want to go home? Wouldn't you be upset at first? I mean what if you found out your father was the cause of all the destruction and pain in Spira and the only way to get rid of him was to kill him? How would you feel if you fell in love with somebody (summoner Yuna) only to find out later on that her defeat of Sin will take her life and you'll lose that too??? I mean put yourself in Tidus's shoes and think about that. You don't know where you are, you don't know anybody and have no choice but to go with them so you won't be alone and so hopefully you can find a way home, you fall in love only you may end up losing that love because of your father and so your mission is to kill him without her dying but yet you're still losing one you care about. I mean wouldn't you be scared, wouldn't you be complaining and wouldn't you cry if you went through all of that?? Think about it...

Suck it up princess.

This was unnecessary. If you can't think of a valid counter-argument then just don't post, rather then shouting at someone.

Furthermore, all-caps and maximum font size is gratuitous. ~ Zeromus

XandrewX
10-14-2006, 05:38 AM
Tidus is fine with me...

RiseToFall
10-14-2006, 06:42 AM
Atleast he talked and didn't say "whatever" in every line.

Guy: "What's up Squall?
Squall:"..........."
Guy:"Squall are you going to say anything?"
Squall:"............."
Guy: "Squall are you constipated?"
Squall: "whatever"
Guy:"Is Rinoa not giving it up."
Squall:"....n......o.....whatever"

So whiney or not, I still like Tidus. Though to be honest I like Squall as well, it's just fun to make fun of him some times.

high summoner yunalesca
10-14-2006, 07:32 PM
i quite like tidus , i find that hes not whiney or annoying , to me he's a great main character but i guess that just my opinion......

yojimbosoul
10-15-2006, 01:11 AM
Fine fine fine ... I won't yell.....

But still, he really should get himself together. ( Especially the scene where in his dream, he has to choose to who he'd be with.....( in the begining))

Anyway, if I didn't know about his past and started in the middle of the game, I'd might just like him ( without any cut-scenes )

farplaner
10-15-2006, 03:22 AM
Tidus is ......... well ........ Bratty in my view. He seems to hate change and he interperates everything so slowly. He can't accept his life, so he relies on others to drag him throught life. He coulden't care less for any one else, like the people that died in the begining, and only thought for himself, and trying to get home. When the truth bores into him, he fights Sin hoping it to pull him back into the past, instead of living a normal life.

Closer to the end, he seems to have grows out of his childish views, and now his goal is to.............. kill his father......( he didn't change after all)

OK, that describes most of the main characters in the FF's I've played. Reluctant leader, or selfish, or preoccupied, etc., or some mixture. I prefer flawed characters, because they are more realistic, and they leave more room for development.

His goal was to kill his father....and thereby free his father from the shame of living a life as a murderous slave of Yu Yevon. Also, it was to permanently end the suffering of Spira (at least as that suffering pertained to Sin).

He knew that in doing so, he would end the Fayths' dreams, and cause himself to disappear, yet he went through with it anyway- not selfish at all.

10-Breaker
10-15-2006, 09:54 AM
I hate him cuz he's too much like me...:D

Firo Volondé
10-15-2006, 01:31 PM
Anyway, if I didn't know about his past and started in the middle of the game, I'd might just like him ( without any cut-scenes )

If you started in the middle of the game, who wouldn't know how to work the Sphere Grid:D

yojimbosoul
10-16-2006, 04:46 AM
Dude, Its so easy to use the Sphere Grid. Its basic and straight forward.

CVFreak
10-16-2006, 06:59 AM
To hate Tidus or not...

Ok I do not hate Tidus 100%, in fact there are some aspects to him I do like, sadly the bad outweighs the good.

After playing X the first time through I realised he reminded me of a real life "kid" I once knew, aside from the yuna parts and the hating his dad part this "kid" was the spitting image of tightass, only his hair was about a foot longer.

This kid even sounded like pansy little wimp too, ok maybe he did not whine as much but his voice was very close, and he was just as stupid, this is no joke! The only dif is Tidus does not sit around moping smoking pot all day or acting like skater clown.

For me what is bad about Tidus is this, and yes I am aware of Squal and Cloud, but Tidus takes the cake for most unmasculine ( but more childish ) male star of any FF imo...I have yet to play 12 but that guy is looking ( I wont judge him till I find out his character behaviour and story ) like a close second.

I know he was a blitzball player so his clothing reflects this, but I hate sports I really do, I found his armor cool looking but the yellow clothing and his running shoes were just too funny and silly to take the character seriously from the start of the game. My first thoughts from the start was jock airhead little kid, I mean he embodies ALL of that but not in a flattering way, in a really pathetic "you feel sorry his father did not pull out" sorta way you know ?

I can honestly feel sympathy for jecht having to even know this person, let alone him being his son, I would feel terrible having such a worthless wimpy wretch of a crybaby son hahaha. Jecht was nothing but a super type masculine drunk arsehole but some of his personality was ok, at least when you compare him to tidus he seems like a HERO and someone with at least a spine!

Next comes his voice, now I dont hate his voice all that much, its ok sometimes but its the voice and the fact that tidus is a little bitch baby anyway that all you can think of is a child crying for his mom, or someone who just hit 14 and is learning about girls.

After that comes his manner and how he deals with things, lets face it he acts like a kid, talks like a kid...he must be a kid! There is nothing intimidating about him and you wonder how he can even handle himself vs low lvl fiends without running off like a bitch....oh wait he has an ability that lets him do just that, and he even makes little kid sounds sometimes when he does it! "wivvvvvvvvvv und wet wivvvvvvvvvvv" hahaha thats honestly what I thought he said when I heard it and had to listen a few times to understand what he was saying, maybe he is slightly downsyndrom too ?

I really do hate alot of things about him to tell the truth, and I do accept him as a main character and I do like some of his abilities too, but his character and poor excuse for a man just turns me right off you know ? I felt no sympathy towards him, I did feel sympathy to Yuna and many of the other characters ( I even love rikku and kimari!, hell I love them all ), I know it would make no sense for Auron to be bending over Yuna and drilling her but if there was a character that yuna should have fallen in love with it had to be auron. "Lady Yuna I wish to bend you over, do you accept?" *shocking look* "Si..Sir Auron ye yes, oh its so big! it is an honor" *sexy shades push up and hrmph* "of course Lady Yuna if only Lord Braska could see us now heh". Ok I am going to hades I know hahaha.

Auron is a real mans man, the guy has honor, courage...loyality to his friends and most importantly he has a backbone, life experience and he acts mature. He also looks pretty damn slick with those shades and greatsword/katana, the guy just screams badass, hands down Auron is one of my fav video game...no characters in general ever created, his story is even sad and you feel very sorry for what happened to him in life, and gain much more respect than you already have once you find out the truth.

Auron was my saving grace for this game and what sucked me in to keep playing, eventualy I grew to love X as one of my fav FF titles, but to this day Tidus is the black sheep of X, he really does make me cringe in parts and feel shame towards this game.

I do think Tidus looked alot more mature in the FMV parts, still hate his clothing...he looks about 18 to me in the normal parts of the game, now shuyen...his personality and character would have made a much cooler tidus, that guy is pure diabolical and thats why I love him.

True some people could say Tidus became brave in the end and sacrificed himself, but lets really look at the HEART of those actions and the reasons, was it to stick it in yuna so she fell for him 100% ? Was it because at that point there really was no other choice ? I mean they virtualy kill God or a God, with probably no real escape, was it out of stupidity ?

Finaly someone once said "when backed into a corner and scared, even the biggest cowards can become a danger" I think this fits tightass very well, in the complete negative sense of it.

yojimbosoul
10-17-2006, 12:44 AM

um

Could you summerize that?

Mirage
10-17-2006, 12:56 AM
Because he is a guy. I want more female main characters.

yojimbosoul
10-19-2006, 03:40 AM
His goal was to kill his father....and thereby free his father from the shame of living a life as a murderous slave of Yu Yevon. Also, it was to permanently end the suffering of Spira (at least as that suffering pertained to Sin).

Ject's dissapearence KILLED HIS MOTHER. The base of Tidus' anger appears as his revenge for his mother. He blames his father for his years spent all alone with no family while he plans to overtake his father in everything, even Ject's signature, Blitzball.

!!!I AM MEGA-DINGO!!!
10-19-2006, 05:38 AM
tidus is to much of a girl they needed a better voice actor for starters but even then he looks too much like a girl and the spiky hari.. what os with these ppl and spiky hair

yojimbosoul
10-25-2006, 03:54 AM
.....okay.......NOT looking at appearences, I still hate him

KasaiDraco
10-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Because his voice sounds like a pre-pubesent girl.

yojimbosoul
10-31-2006, 12:21 AM
ha ha true.......but........ Still looking at his personallity, He is a giant crybaby, begining and end. Lacks much judgement and takes too much out of everyone. His past was Funny and wasen't sad, so he didn't get any pitty points ( Ject did ) and his role in the plot line was small and forgettable.

Firo Volondé
10-31-2006, 07:34 AM
He is a giant crybaby, begining and end.

he has alot to complain about and all of his complaints are relevant. How would you feel if all of a sudden all of those stuff were happening to YOU! mwuahaha lol.. no but seriously, try look at it in that way and stop being so narrow minded:moomba:

His past was Funny and wasen't sad, so
he didn't get any pitty points ( Ject did )

Tidus went through way more than Jecht ever did, and although the flashbacks are funny, they're sad if you consider Tidus had two parents who didn't care for him.

his role in the plot line was small and forgettable.

Dude, he was only the main character of the game.

yojimbosoul
11-01-2006, 06:03 PM
Tidus went through way more than Jecht ever did, and although the flashbacks are funny, they're sad if you consider Tidus had two parents who didn't care for him.

You stupid or something??? Ject and Tidus did the exactly the same thing. In fact, Ject had to become SIN, HE HAD TO HOLD BACK SIN FROM THE INSIDE. JECT WAS PULLED OUT OF HIS WORLD, and HE REGRETTED LEAVING TIDUS AND HIS MOTHER (end of game). JECT ALSO HAD A STRONGER RESPOSOBILITY SINCE THERE WAS ONLY 2 GUARDIANS.

Tidus pranced around with 5 other guardians and still had trouble. They followed the path set out by Auron and Ject. Ject planned out Tidus' trip through spira. And held back killing everyone as best as he could.

'eMeRaLdFaYe'
11-01-2006, 06:33 PM
I wonder what is wrong with Tidus' voice? I mean, I don't have any problem with it. I don't turn the mute button on when he's speaking. I even like the voice acting. So, what's wrong with it? o.O I don't get it why other people feel as if he has a whiny voice, or something like that. I was actually quite surprised that people hate him for the voice. :eek:

I actually like him, and as for me, there is no reason to hate him. He kicks arse, and all that. :love:

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-01-2006, 08:08 PM
yojimbosoul, we do NOT call other members stupid on this site. Don't let me see it again.

Jessweeee♪
11-02-2006, 12:20 AM
OMG this is still open????
=O

I guess some people will waste energy on hating fictional beings wether we like it or not.

feioncastor
11-02-2006, 02:11 AM
Meh, I didn't mind FFX at all. And I didn't mind Tidus. I didn't hate him. I mean, he certainly wasn't the best lead character Square has put out there. Bartz is. Tidus can't be the best if Bartz is. The most he could hope for is second best. Second to Bartz. And even that's pushing it. Because my understanding is that Galuf is second best. So, I mean, Tidus is kinda outta luck for that. Because after Galuf comes King Giott, from FF4. And that's all I have documented so far. I can't promise where Tidus ranks in. I mean, if Giott beat him out for 3rd place... I mean, we're talking Giott. That guy's like 4 feet tall.

Jeez, that sucks.

Jesta
11-02-2006, 10:57 AM
OMG this is still open????
=O

I guess some people will waste energy on hating fictional beings wether we like it or not.

agreed, it is a little sad.

Tidus_Girl
11-02-2006, 08:53 PM

You stupid or something??? Ject and Tidus did the exactly the same thing. In fact, Ject had to become SIN, HE HAD TO HOLD BACK SIN FROM THE INSIDE. JECT WAS PULLED OUT OF HIS WORLD, and HE REGRETTED LEAVING TIDUS AND HIS MOTHER (end of game). JECT ALSO HAD A STRONGER RESPOSOBILITY SINCE THERE WAS ONLY 2 GUARDIANS.

Tidus pranced around with 5 other guardians and still had trouble. They followed the path set out by Auron and Ject. Ject planned out Tidus' trip through spira. And held back killing everyone as best as he could.

Jeeze, first you scream at me and now at him?? I think we've pretty much understood that you hate Tidus. Why don't you just, oh what were the words you said to me, "suck it up princess?" Yeah, that's right, suck it up because honestly, your posts are becoming pointless in this thread. Sure Tidus and Jecht did the exact same thing but it all happened for a reason because that's how Square wanted it. Deal with it already, and I agree with Jesta and Jessie...why waste your time and energy on hating a character and making lengthy and rude posts about it? Sheesh >.<

yojimbosoul
11-02-2006, 10:47 PM
I remember this being a thread about "WHY DO YOU HATE TIDUS"

Not about "I THINK TIDUS IS COOL AND EVERYONE CAN'T BE THEMSELVES AND EVERYTHING MUST GO MY WAY" thread.

I'm allowed to have my own thoughts and if you don't like it, DON'T POST....( or read, if you like).

As Tidus_Girl said: DEAL WITH IT

P.S.......This is true and Nothing is wrong with this post.

Old Manus
11-02-2006, 11:18 PM
lol irony

Jessweeee♪
11-02-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm going to go crawl into my refridgerator.

yojimbosoul
11-02-2006, 11:49 PM
go ahead

Tidus_Girl
11-03-2006, 04:19 PM
I remember this being a thread about "WHY DO YOU HATE TIDUS"

Not about "I THINK TIDUS IS COOL AND EVERYONE CAN'T BE THEMSELVES AND EVERYTHING MUST GO MY WAY" thread.

I'm allowed to have my own thoughts and if you don't like it, DON'T POST....( or read, if you like).

As Tidus_Girl said: DEAL WITH IT

P.S.......This is true and Nothing is wrong with this post.

You really should stop yelling

high summoner yunalesca
11-03-2006, 05:20 PM
people are taking this personal and get a little carried away....its kinda sad hating a fictional character because you dont like his voice, like some other people have said, get over it

Jessweeee♪
11-03-2006, 11:13 PM
people are taking this personal and get a little carried away....its kinda sad hating a fictional character because you dont like his voice, like some other people have said, get over it

Acid Raine
11-04-2006, 03:13 AM
The only reason Im not a Tidus fan is because his backstory is one of the more shallow of the FF mains.

I have my problems with Squall, Cloud, Zidane, Terra (she is the VI main IMHO!!!!), and all the other leads, of course, but they had stories that made me feel sorry for them. The extent of Tidus was "he has/had problems with his parents" umm....okay. So? Youre 17! They all hate their parents! Im sure the fact that he was plunged into a completely different world wouldve added to my sympathy for him, but his "hey, man, whatever" attitude didnt leave much room. People make fun of Squall and Cloud for being "emo", but I'd rather have a main character who was overly emotional than to not seem to care about anything besides his girlfriend. Thats kids for ya.........

But anyways, even when he found out he was a dream it didnt seem to bother him much. "Im not real. Okay, sounds cool". Very two-dimensional. You could physically see Yuna silently suffering over her imminent (or so we thought) fate as a summoner, or see the trouble Wakka had with renouncing his faith, but Tidus just didnt seem to change much.

This is all my views on it, though, so I would appreciate not getting flamed.

And my sig is just a joke. I dont consider him fruity. He is the only FF character to EVAR actually kiss his side dish. While wet, no less! He's the man!

Jessweeee♪
11-04-2006, 03:18 AM
XD hehe....fruity...

yojimbosoul
11-04-2006, 11:55 PM
EVERYONE, STOP POSTING...LET THIS THREAD DIE

Also.....

Shall I ever stop yelling at people because they act like they had hit their head or something...!!!! NO !!!!

AND WHY THE HELL IS BOLDING YELLING??

Christmas
05-20-2022, 02:36 AM
I like how he kissed a girl off a lake then proceed to ditch her by jumping off an airship. Bitches be crazy, Tidus! :bigsmile:

Mr Gashtacular
05-20-2022, 06:24 AM
the hate is projection. we are all sexy surfer dudes with excellent bodies and we hate ourselves for it

theundeadhero
05-20-2022, 08:11 AM
I never really liked Tidus because he gave off stronger teenage boy band vibes than the whole cast of FF15.