PDA

View Full Version : Haircuts

Rusty
06-14-2006, 02:34 PM
How often do you go to the hairdressers to get a haircut? Do you just a trim or do you get a style? When was the last time you had a haircut? What did you get done? What hairdressers do you go to?

I get haircuts every three weeks-month. Depending on if I want a new style right away, or shorter hair. I had a haircut about three weeks ago - I'm due for one now. At the moment I just have long straight hair, but with layers. I'm thinking of getting a colour soon and I'm letting my hair grow longer. Hairdresser of choice is 'Head Graffiti'. They have such well designed salon. It's got graffiti patterned all over the walls - looks really awesome.

Chris
06-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Once a month. I don't see a reason to change my hairstyle twice a week like my sister.

Spiffing Cheese
06-14-2006, 02:39 PM
I haven't been to the hairdresser in so long. :laugh:

No.78
06-14-2006, 02:40 PM
I'd say whenever it gets long, but my hairs been long forever now and I still can't be assed to get a hair cut! It's insane... But I usually just ask for "shorter plox"... Except reworded so they understand.

Chris
06-14-2006, 02:40 PM
I haven't been to the hairdresser in so long. :laugh:
I CAN TELL. :riiight: :upsidedow

Rye
06-14-2006, 02:43 PM
I get my hair cut every three or four months or so and when I do go to the Hair Salon, I only get about an inch or two cut off to get rid of dead ends. I've been trying to grow my hair out for the past 2 or 3 years, and it's at my waist now, which is good, though I might want to grow it a bit longer. Besides my natural hair colour, the only colour in my hair are two blonde streaks on the sides of my face. I have to get that redone though, because it's nearly all grown out. :p

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
06-14-2006, 02:44 PM
A slight trim when it gets a bit too long for me... but I went a couple of weeks ago.. I wanted them to cut the back short and leave the front hanging over my eyes... the bitch shaved it all... I just had to get the rest shved off and Ill have to wait for it to grooow.. should be the lenght I want it by christmas... and in future Im cuttin' my own hair.... :mad2:

RSL
06-14-2006, 02:48 PM
For the longest time, I went to get my hair cut every five weeks. I always got the same boring cut too. (An example is the picture of me with Eeyore on my head.)

One day in January of this year, I was really sick for like four days straight. I missed my hair appointment. Then my normal hair dresser had to have surgery on her hands so she was out of commission for awhile! I just let my hair grow until it got annoying.

Then I bought a hair clipper and buzzed all my hair off. It was as short as it could possibly be without actually shaving my head. That was a new look for me. I actually didn't mind it, for awhile. I think I let it grow a month and buzzed it again. I might have done that for one more cycle after that. Anyway, now I am in the process of letting it grow back. It looks really dumb right now, but I have to keep letting it grow. Eventually I'll probably make an appointment with my old hair dresser and get back in the five week routine. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.

eden knight
06-14-2006, 02:55 PM
Once a month too.Last time was three days ago.Dyed them a little light brown.Usually go to "nicola's".

Peter_20
06-14-2006, 02:57 PM
During high school I didn't go there for 18 months. :eek:
Now it's more like 5 months. :p

TheSpoonyBard
06-14-2006, 02:57 PM
I can't remember the last time I had my hair cut, as in restyled. I go for a trim every six-eight months to enable me to see without my vision being obscured. In fact, I've got an appointment at 5 today.

~SapphireStar~
06-14-2006, 03:00 PM
I had my hair cut before I went to Prague in Feb, but Im going to have it cut short before I go to Ireland in July. My nana goes every single Thursday!

Meat Puppet
06-14-2006, 03:29 PM
I rarely have my hair cut. And when I do, I usually do it myself (with the help of friends). I'm pretty scared of the hairdresser. I suppose it's a pretty stupid thing to be scared of but I've been like that for as long as I can remember! That's not to say I've never been to a hairdresser, however. I think the last time I went to a hairdresser was at the end of 2004 because I had a funeral to go to and somebody told me to stop being a wimp and have myself look good for once. So I guess sometimes I am able to pull it off if it's really important.

RSL
06-14-2006, 03:34 PM
I'm scared of the hair dresser too! Even though I used to go regularly, I always always hated it. I just can't stand sitting there why someone has their way with my hair. I'm also horrible at small talk, so it's always awkward silence.

Christmas
06-14-2006, 03:37 PM
My hairdresser does the talking while I do the listening.

Captain Maxx Power
06-14-2006, 03:59 PM
At the moment I'm on a self-enforced hiatus from the hairdressers for the next few years.

bipper
06-14-2006, 04:03 PM
I goe about 2 - 3 times a year. well... to the hair*dresser*(stylist).

Jess
06-14-2006, 04:14 PM
I get my haircut roughly every 8 weeks, and that's just a trim. The last time I had my haircut was the end of April/beginning of May, and I got blonde put into my hair and the parts of my hair that were black lightened to brown. I'm going to the hairdressers next week to get my blonde lightened and my roots touched up and my brown bits lightened to dark blonde. I'll have it layered and cut a little too because the week after is my prom. :jess:

The salon I go to is called 'Headrush'. It's really nice in there as it also has a coffee shop section where you can sit and have a drink/some food while you wait for your turn. It's also designed quite modernly and my hairdresser is really friendly. :)

Old Manus
06-14-2006, 04:21 PM
When it needs cutting :spin:

Psychotic
06-14-2006, 04:23 PM
I used to have it cut once every six weeks, but now I haven't had it cut September.

And that is what I would have posted a couple of days ago, because I got it trimmed yesterday.

Denmark
06-14-2006, 04:45 PM
haven't been for about 10 months. but that's just because i'm letting my hair grow for a yearish. i hate going to get my hair cut because i don't know how to tell the people what i want because there's a certain lingo that i just don't know. makes me feel inadequate.

Zeldy
06-14-2006, 04:49 PM
I have an appointment this Friday in "Beyond The Fringe" for a dry cut, and it all thinned out, as I need it thinning so badly.

I go whenever my mum makes an appointment, I usually have a wash and cut but its better if the hairdresser can see my hair normally, and hopefully thin it more :spin:

My hair is just far too thick, its unmanageable. My hair is boring really, I don't have a "style".

Tempest
06-14-2006, 04:49 PM
I don't go as often as I should. Maybe 1 or 2 times a year and I usually only get a trim. The last time I went I got my hair straightened. It looked so cool. :D

Laugh at face of Danger
06-14-2006, 04:52 PM
How odd, i'm getting my hair cut tomorrow - quite creepy. I often forget to get my hair cut, it's only when it starts reaching my shoulders theni get it cut - this is normally about every two months or so.

My cut...? Anyone seen DoC Vincent? I got a fringe like that and the rest of it is being hacked off so I can spike and gel it properly, but i need to grow it for October ^^

RPJesus
06-14-2006, 05:08 PM
I've never been to the hairdressers. Which, for some reason, I get laughed at for. It must be more obvious than I thought. :)
I get it trimmed sometimes, though it never makes any difference. My hairs all long and stuff... so no one would even notice a trim. It grows into stupid shapes sometimes and annoys me so I have to kill bits.

Never had it styled though. I don't really think it needs it. Whatever style thing I have is just 'long'. Y'know, if I did cut it, bad things would happen. Reality wouldn't take it and destroy itself. Somehow...

Venom
06-14-2006, 05:15 PM
Once every 3-5 months I get my hair cut.

Jojee
06-14-2006, 06:10 PM
I haven't had a haircut in over six months because I'm terrified of getting them -_-; Any haircut I've EVER gotten they've ALWAYS messed up on somehow, or the results were just mediocre. I trim my own hair when it starts getting split ends or whatever, and I don't do a fantastic job but at least I don't screw up, and I'd rather not pay for someone else to do a mediocre job. ;P Plus I know my own preferences and can play around XD

I do need an official haircut soon though ;_;

Captain VooDoo
06-14-2006, 06:13 PM
i dont get ne haircut,its just long and cool.

nik0tine
06-14-2006, 06:16 PM
It's been over three years since I last got a serious haircut.

Resha
06-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Well, the last time I cut my hair was years ago when I was really ill and had to. I don't remember cutting it majorly since then, but I do get it trimmed by a few inches every four months or so. I trim it by about 3-4 inches.

One day I will be bald. I will shave myself bald three days before I die, a strategic time to shave oneself bald. Not only can one enjoy being bald for THREE WHOLE DAYS, but one can die without the fuss of rotting hair. :)

bipper
06-14-2006, 07:01 PM

Mohawk is serious buisness!:love:

Bipper

Marly
06-14-2006, 07:02 PM
I cut my own hair, whenever I feel it needs a trim. It's usually my fringe that's under most attack, it's really been annoying my lately.

Anaisa
06-14-2006, 07:53 PM
I haven't had my hair trimmed since December. They tried to charge me £30 for it! I gave them a tenner. An found a new hairdresser.

Laugh at face of Danger
06-14-2006, 07:56 PM
That's one thing i do hate, i'm just having it cut damn it and you want £23? my nan will do it for free (sure she's lacking in the sight department, but hey, it's free!).

I'd like a nice cheap place, but as i'm slowly slipping towards becoming 16 they want me to pay adult prices, when at the cinema they won't believe i'm over twelve! *growls* But yeah, i'm only getting a trim, i mean, i could do the majority of the hacking if i could see the back of my head

DeathKnight
06-14-2006, 07:58 PM
once every 3 or 4 weeks.

and it looks like Gary Sheffield's.

MageLuingil
06-14-2006, 08:02 PM
I used to get my hair cut every month or so ... but about a year ago I just gave up. I did get my hair cut three weeks ago though, because I had to look good for a job interview. (I got the job btw, so it must've been worth it) But I think I'll let it keep getting longer 'till I get annoyed by it now. I'll probably end up looking like my brother. (He's let his grow out for a while now, it's to his shoulders)

drunkymonkey
06-14-2006, 08:25 PM
I haven't been to the hairdressers for like six months. I have quite shaggy hair.

escobert
06-14-2006, 08:26 PM
I cut my own hair when I feel like it.

Luther X-Rated
06-14-2006, 08:46 PM
I just got a number two buzz

It's the closest thing to being emo : I

Alive-Cat
06-14-2006, 09:31 PM
I get my hair cut only when I definitely have to. I keep it short enough to spike, the longest you can have it before it looks crap is about as long as your thumb. I never get it cut shorter than half your thumb. Yes, YOUR thumb. I know how long it is. The colours I like for my hair this year are Black and Yellow.

Slade
06-15-2006, 01:16 AM
I go about once a year. I get it cut quite short (about an inch long
I guess) then by the time I need to go again it's around shoulder length.

Jebus
06-15-2006, 01:17 AM
I haven't had a haircut since January 04.

SammieBabe
06-15-2006, 01:19 AM
I used to be good about going once a month. Now it takes me about 3-6 months to find the spare time...:)

-N-
06-15-2006, 01:20 AM
I haven't cut my hair in 4 months. Usually I get it cut every 4-6 weeks. I'm scared. :\

escobert
06-15-2006, 01:22 AM
You should be :p

kikimm
06-15-2006, 01:27 AM
About a few times a year. Getting hair cut is something I don't really enjoy. I won't go to the hairdresser's anymore, though, so it's easier to get it done. But changing my mind every few months on whether I want longer or shorter hair is really getting old now. >=(

Oh and I got it cut two days ago I think. Just an inch or so though.

Resha
06-15-2006, 01:39 AM
I haven't had my hair trimmed since December. They tried to charge me £30 for it! I gave them a tenner. An found a new hairdresser.
Ungh, tell me about it. I hate it when they charge you the same bloody price for a trim as they do for a full-blown haircut. I hate going to the hairdresser's period because I feel like a burden.

Hambone
06-15-2006, 02:14 AM
I usually get my hair cut four times a year. I hate it it when they cut it too because it itches like hell during the process. I get a trim most of the time so it doesn't itch for too long.

Leeza
06-15-2006, 02:24 AM
I don't get haircuts. I just get trims because I like my hair long. I trim my own bangs so I go to a hairdresser only a couple of times a year for the rest. :cat:

Faris
06-15-2006, 02:28 AM
Once or twice a year. Normally a trim. I don't like getting my hair cut often because it hurts my neck to have to look down and all that.

dragoonknight_kain
06-15-2006, 03:00 AM
I hate getting my hair cut. There's at least 4 months since I last got it cut, but I'll have to go this Saturday:cry: ... it's so weird now. Besides I think my mom is planning to cut it while I'm asleep.:D

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
06-15-2006, 05:30 AM
once every 5 months, until i drive everyone around me crazy and i usually do the talking when im getting my haircut....and something bad usually happens after i get a haircut so i dont like to get it done most of the time!

I had one of the times when i asked for a trim and i got a 3 all around lol

Yuffie514
06-15-2006, 05:42 AM
every few months. all for a nice trim. i just get mom to cut my hair a little short, since it will be Hell if i left my hair like Rapunsel's. xD.

GhandiOwnsYou
06-15-2006, 07:43 AM
i think the last time i went to a get my haircut proffesionally was... pre-2000. I went through a period of long hair starting in 1998, never got it cut for 2 or three years. then freshmen year i buzzed it with a pair of dog clippers i had laying around the house and shaved the rest of with a Mach 3. that lasted a year or so. then i stopped, and it grew for three more years. then a couple weeks ago, the dog clippers came back and killed 3-4 years of uncut hair to an unmeasurable peach fuzz.

Loony BoB
06-15-2006, 10:19 AM
Once a year! :D

Yuna-Lenne
06-15-2006, 11:20 AM
I havn't had my hair cut or trimmed for a long time, since before Christmas I think! I've been growing my hair and since we left my old hairdressers, about 4 years ago, I've only been to any hairdressers about two times a year. :p

Breine
06-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Dunno, when I need to get a haircut I guess - I'm not getting it cut on a regular basis at all. But, currently I guess I need to get a new hairstyle...(?)

Dark Paladin
06-15-2006, 08:01 PM
I had mine cut on Tuesday. I just had it cut so that i can easily style it without a lot of bother. But i normally get it done every six weeks.

fire_of_avalon
06-15-2006, 08:57 PM
'bout that long for me, but I trim mine. I need to trim it or cut it all of in the coming weeks, though. Maybe I'll let you guys vote! I'll try to find a picture of my hair.

EDIT: Here is a picture of my hair at my friend Erin's wedding! I included my ear for reference. It needs a cuttin'.

Samuraid
06-15-2006, 09:00 PM
I get a haircut once a month generally, but I'm letting it grow out now for the heck of it.