PDA

View Full Version : What annoys you about other people's driving?

TheSpoonyBard
06-14-2006, 03:13 PM
For me, the most annoying thing about other people'e driving is when they drive really slowly. If they're learning then I can understand, but take this for example.

I was driving down a road with only a few corners, but too many to overtake. The speed limit is 60 mph. The car in front of me was doing 20 (!). The reasons for this became apparent when he turned right and I could see him. He had his right arm hanging out of the window, holding a cigarette, the other hand was on the wheel. Obviously he couldn't go any faster without changing gear, so instead of dropping his cigarette, he decided he'd stay within the limits of second gear. That really annoyed me. I saw the same car again later that day, but this time he was doing about 45 in a 30 limit. Idiot.

I also get annoyed by people getting in the wrong lane at roundabouts and cutting me up. If you want to turn left, don't get in the right-hand lane!

So, what, if anything, annoys you about other people's driving?

bipper
06-14-2006, 03:14 PM
The people who really piss me off drive like I do when I am in theIr same situation :(

Chris
06-14-2006, 03:22 PM
Seriously, my parents are always complaining about my brother's driving abilities. It's starting to piss me off! But, yeah...I'd rather have someone else drive me though. Why drive yourself when someone else can do it for you.

~SapphireStar~
06-14-2006, 03:24 PM
My family critise each others driving all the time, its horrid. Some drive fast, others drive slow. What annoys me is the relatives who are driving in the middle of nowhere and ask you where they are ... Oh Im sorry, I never realised I was a Satnav, would have made my life much easier.

RSL
06-14-2006, 03:28 PM
A lot of people annoy me out on the road.

Non use of turn signals is definitely one of the biggest annoyances. It is so easy to reach over and hit that lever. In fact, if you do it all the time, it just becomes a reflex, like blinking! You don't even think about it! I can't stand people that don't.

Driving slowly bothers me, but I understand if it is because they aren't comfortable going any faster (as might be the case with someone just learning or someone very old.) I try to be patient.

I really hate it when someone drives slow and takes up both lanes at the same time. How are you supposed to get around them? Pick a lane already!

Jess
06-14-2006, 04:20 PM
I don't drive yet, but I already get annoyed at the way people drive. :jess:

A lot of people annoy me out on the road.

Non use of turn signals is definitely one of the biggest annoyances. It is so easy to reach over and hit that lever. In fact, if you do it all the time, it just becomes a reflex, like blinking! You don't even think about it! I can't stand people that don't.

Driving slowly bothers me, but I understand if it is because they aren't comfortable going any faster (as might be the case with someone just learning or someone very old.) I try to be patient.

I really hate it when someone drives slow and takes up both lanes at the same time. How are you supposed to get around them? Pick a lane already!

I'm with RSL on this one! Also, something else that really irritates me is when people drive really closely behind you to the point where they're nearly touching you.

I don't like it when people pull out in front of you when it's your right of way aswell. :mad2:

Madonna
06-14-2006, 04:21 PM
Everything. I prefer to sleep when someone else is driving, so I don't criticize them to death. Some of my biggest fights with my girlfriend take place in the truck.

Tempest
06-14-2006, 05:07 PM
People who leave their blinkers on but, never turn.
People who can't seem to read the MPH sign and go slooow.
People who tailgate when it can't be helped because the person in front is going slow.
People who cut you off.
People who are in such a hurry that they go so far forward in the left turn lane that they go to far and don't hit the signal.
People who stay to far back from the left turn lane that they don't hit the signal.
And a lot of other things that I can't think of now. :tongue:

RPJesus
06-14-2006, 05:17 PM
I can't drive, so I can complain about everybody else doing it. 'You're destroying the Earth! It'll have it's vengence! Didn't you watch Shaman King?!'
I can do it because there's no guilt on me... for the next few years. And I'm a student, so I can complain about everything.

Miriel
06-14-2006, 05:25 PM
I hate hate hate hate hate it when people leave their turn signals on long after they've turned. Or even worse when they have their turn signal on but never end up turning. Arrgghh!

Tempest
06-14-2006, 05:26 PM
I hate hate hate hate hate it when people leave their turn signals on long after they've turned. Or even worse when they have their turn signal on but never end up turning. Arrgghh!
ftw

RSL
06-14-2006, 06:08 PM
This bugs me as well, which is why I'm ashamed to admit I've done this before. One of the trucks at work doesn't always click off after you turn, and for some reason, you can't really hear the turn signal like you can in most vehicles. I noticed one day that I had been driving for probably ten miles with the turn signal on. I felt like such an idiot!

Jojee
06-14-2006, 06:13 PM
Not using turn signals when they change lanes and then they cut right in front of you and force you to slam on your breaks >_> *insert profanities* :</>D

I don't like driving, though. ^^ I get my boy to drive >:</>D

rubah
06-14-2006, 06:33 PM
Sometimes I drive slow because I feel like it.

Therefore, I get a lot of people tailgating me.

I was going about 30 or 35 in a 55mph zone, and there was this lady in a green car behind me xD She was getting so mad xD I slowed down another 5 mph and she got fed up got in the turning lane and went ahead (which is illegal :])

Then there was an old grandma (litrly) on the interstate yesterday on the way to work. Everyone else had sped on around her, but she wasn't going too much slower than I was comfortable with, besides we were almost to the exit.

Then she put on her turn signal. As though she were turning left.

Some of your may not be familiar with how an interstate works, but you always turn right to get off.
xD

Shoeberto
06-14-2006, 06:39 PM
I get irritated with people not driving the speed limit, either too fast or too slow (:mad2: @allie :()

And the lack of using turn signals.

And riding up on my tail when I'm doing the speed limit.

And obnoxiously large trucks with no muffler and raised up high that the redneck hick farmers always drive and do farmer stops and drive in the middle of the road and all around are a danger to everyone else they share the road with. I really hate them.

Samuraid
06-14-2006, 06:51 PM
I dislike it when people are constantly speeding up or slowing down and are not holding a consistent speed.
Also, when people just change lanes into your lane when they are going slower than you.

Resha
06-14-2006, 07:43 PM
Don't drive yet, but ungh, turds on the road still frustrate me.

The left-hand drive also hurts me somewhat, becuase just thinking about driving from the left side makes me giddy.

MageLuingil
06-14-2006, 07:59 PM

I agree. I cant stand it when people either don't use a signal when they're supposed to, or leave it on like an idiot forever...

I get irritated with people not driving the speed limit, either too fast or too slow (:mad2: @allie :()

And the lack of using turn signals.

And riding up on my tail when I'm doing the speed limit.

And obnoxiously large trucks with no muffler and raised up high that the redneck hick farmers always drive and do farmer stops and drive in the middle of the road and all around are a danger to everyone else they share the road with. I really hate them.

I live right in the middle of redneck country >:( so I get to see those idiots all the time. I swear, I don't think anyone where I live knows how to driver properly...

DeathKnight
06-14-2006, 07:59 PM
I hate the fact that 16 year olds are ALLOWED to drive

Sephex
06-14-2006, 08:00 PM
You guys would hate to drive with edczxcvbnm.

This mother****er is crazy as hell. He always goes above 90mph, and takes turns at at least 60mph. If he sees a bump in the road he will speed up at it while yelling like he does in the Polo Ponys songs. In the winter he says ice is "just a myth" and decides to slam his brakes on it just to prove the world wrong. Also in winter, ed decides to roll his windows down all the way while having the heat on full blast. Keep in mind that he is going down the express way over 90mph. He claims that he want to "create a tornado" in his car so he could throw it at drivers me doesn't like. A famous driving slogan of ed is, "Why use the brakes when you have your horn, douche bag?" If someone is going less than what the speed limit is, he decides to ram the other vehicle off the road. He also claims that the rules of the road is "bull**** propaganda spread by an all too corrupt goverment". When a cop pulls him over, he laughs like crazy clown and says that he needs to go back to his planet. He has got out of every ticket he could have had this way.

Venom
06-14-2006, 08:01 PM

Yeah, just the other day we had another car accident due to n00b drivers.:D

rubah
06-14-2006, 08:02 PM
Yes because all 16 year olds are exactly the same and the fact that some of them never get into wrecks or car trouble at all doesn't make up for the few stupid people that exist, despite the fact that people are stupid at all ages, not just 16.

If you don't start driving at 16 then you'll just be a stupid 18 or 21 year old driver. You have to learn your road instincts sometime.

DeathKnight
06-14-2006, 08:02 PM

Yeah, just the other day we had another car accident due to n00b drivers.:D

Those bastards!~

MageLuingil
06-14-2006, 08:06 PM
It wouldn't be so bad if someone actually taught them how to drive properly. I don't know about elsewhere, but here, driving teachers don't teach a single thing of any use.

DeathKnight
06-14-2006, 08:07 PM
It wouldn't be so bad if someone actually taught them how to drive properly. I don't know about elsewhere, but here, driving teachers don't teach a single thing of any use.

STILL! 15/16 year olds SHOULD NOT be ALLOWED to drive!

escobert
06-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Driving really slow, all over the road, NOT USING TRN SIGNALS! that REALLY pisses me off.

Yuffie514
06-15-2006, 05:38 AM
driving too slow and cutting me off. though, i can find it easier to forgive when i can see that there is an elderly person in front of me.

disapointedchild
06-15-2006, 06:59 AM
Not yeilding to traffic when they are supposed to then getting mad at you as though it was your fault, then you ramming them off the side of the road killing them.

I hate when stuff like this has to happen, but hey, how else are the to learn?

Miriel
06-15-2006, 08:05 AM

I was a better driver at 16 than I am now. Mostly because at 16, I drove very carefully, kept under speed limit, used my turn signals every single time I turned, etc.

I would say that new drivers at 15/16 are much more careful about their driving than say college kids who have been driving for a few years and just stopped caring about a lot of the rules of driving.

KoShiatar
06-15-2006, 09:33 AM
I try not to go in a car with my sister's husband whenever I can. He sticks to the other cars' backs, turns at the very last second and do on, and I'm always afraid he will crash the car as soon as the one in front of us stops too abruptly, so I just look out of the window. Last time he drove a car with me in, I got motion sickness. :(

ScottNUMBERS
06-15-2006, 10:17 AM
It's pretty annoying when they run me over.

Loony BoB
06-15-2006, 10:17 AM
All I have to say is indicate properly, dammit. As a person who has to cross roads at crossroads on regular occasions, this makes my life easier.

Anaisa
06-15-2006, 11:55 AM
All I have to say is indicate properly, dammit. As a person who has to cross roads at crossroads on regular occasions, this makes my life easier.
Yeah, that's what annoys me about peoples driving. I got my revenge once though, when some stupid woman almost ran me over because she didn't indicate. So she had to stop, an just as she was pulling off I kicked her back door in. Their was a great big dent in it, an I took some of the paintwork off.

DeathKnight
06-15-2006, 11:01 PM

I was a better driver at 16 than I am now. Mostly because at 16, I drove very carefully, kept under speed limit, used my turn signals every single time I turned, etc.

I would say that new drivers at 15/16 are much more careful about their driving than say college kids who have been driving for a few years and just stopped caring about a lot of the rules of driving.

My rule STILL applies, teenagers SHOULD NOT be allowed to drive at all!

21 and up goddammit!

Rye
06-15-2006, 11:05 PM
That makes no sense at all. You're a legal adult at 18 so you should be able to drive by then. I think it's perfect here in NY. Your learner's permit at 16 when a parent is in the car with you, with strict curfew, and your license at 17 if you take Drivers ED.

DeathKnight
06-15-2006, 11:09 PM
That makes no sense at all. You're a legal adult at 18 so you should be able to drive by then. I think it's perfect here in NY. Your learner's permit at 16 when a parent is in the car with you, with strict curfew, and your license at 17 if you take Drivers ED.

You're an adult at 18, yet you can't drink.

Same SHOULD apply to cars.

bad driving skills start appearing around 17-19.

Anaisa
06-15-2006, 11:18 PM

21 and up goddammit!
An what if they have nobody else to drive them around? Do you expect them to use public transport to get everywhere until their twenty one? Do you expect them to rely on the unreliable service that is public transport?! Not all teenagers are of the same level of maturity, so it wouldn't be accurate to class them all as bad drivers because you've encountered some frivolous teens on the road.

SammieBabe
06-15-2006, 11:22 PM
Most of my annoyances have been mentioned, but in addition, I hate it when people must do double the speed limit, weave in and out of traffic, while talking on the phone, and other wise driving like an ass, with their children in the car.
If you wanna drive like a moron and kill yourself, fine. But try not to kill your kids if you can avoid it....

DeathKnight
06-15-2006, 11:27 PM

21 and up goddammit!
An what if they have nobody else to drive them around? Do you expect them to use public transport to get everywhere until their twenty one? Do you expect them to rely on the unreliable service that is public transport?! Not all teenagers are of the same level of maturity, so it wouldn't be accurate to class them all as bad drivers because you've encountered some frivolous teens on the road.

Then make that DAMN gov't make a good public transportation system *points to japan*

BLAME the gov't!:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Anaisa
06-15-2006, 11:38 PM
Then make that DAMN gov't make a good public transportation system *points to japan*

I do blame the government. But until the government does make public transport better, your rule would be no good.

Levian
06-15-2006, 11:39 PM
It really pisses me off when people drive instead of me. :mad2: *summons shoat*

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/levia/shoat.gif

MageLuingil
06-15-2006, 11:48 PM

I must admit, life would be a great deal easier if we had some kind of decent public transportation system to fall back on. That's been an annoyance to me for years.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-16-2006, 05:40 AM
People who pull you over because you are not 'legally' allowed to drive, especially when the owner of the car doesn't 'know'. Yeah, they annoy me.

hardboiled
06-16-2006, 06:12 AM
not using turn signals.

or using them right when they turn like they're reminding themselves they are turning. The turn signals are supposed to warn people behind you you are about to turn or move into another lane.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-16-2006, 06:34 AM
Oh, and the people that hit me as I am going by piss me off as well.