PDA

View Full Version : Spira n' FFVII

Dynast-Kid
06-14-2006, 04:48 PM
I don't know if anyone else has started a topic like this before but what if Spira is the nameless planet from FFVII.The Shin-Ra Corporation is named after Shinra the Al-Bhed kid and the Lifestream and mako are the energies inside Spira that SHINRA was talking about.Shinra also said it would take generations to harvest those energies.So do you guys think that the events that take place in FFVII are events in Spira's future!

TheSpoonyBard
06-14-2006, 04:49 PM
FFVII's planet is called Gaia, but yes, someone from SE (I forget his name) has said, jokingly or otherwise, that the stories of FFVII and FFX-2 are related.

Dynast-Kid
06-14-2006, 04:52 PM
it's called Gaia?Hmm...Thanx.I just thought that it was an interesting theory

starseeker
06-14-2006, 05:57 PM
its a rumour

blue phoenix
06-14-2006, 06:01 PM
The games developer said oit was the way he imagined it. that the two were linked.

in my mind that means their definitely linked. (much as i dislike it)

Dell
06-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Why would VII be connected to X-2? :mad2:

Come on, VII deserves more better sequel. :mad:

*Throw FFX-2 into the dustbin*
X-2 destroying VII!!! No, my favourite FF...VII.....

blue phoenix
06-14-2006, 06:08 PM
7 is the sequel. its the one after X-2.

Dell
06-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Yes, it is. I'm complaining about X-2 connection to VII.

VII is not a wussy game. X-2 is.

Remon
06-14-2006, 06:23 PM
Aye i hope your FFx2 is still in the dustbin vivi-ultima :laugh:
So that means:CLOUD IS TIDUS"S SON. huh i'm kidding

Dell
06-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Aye i hope your FFx2 is still in the dustbin vivi-ultima :laugh:
So that means:CLOUD IS TIDUS"S SON. huh i'm kidding

Yes it's still in the dustbin.

According to the theory, Yuna is Ifalna's Mother.
Yuna --> Ifalna --> Aeris.

FFX-2 have stain FFX name. It's truly a tragic day.

Laugh at face of Danger
06-14-2006, 06:37 PM
I would... probably go and cry if they are.

Remon
06-14-2006, 06:38 PM
Eesh didn't know that i've never played ff7

TheSpoonyBard
06-14-2006, 06:48 PM
The idea of this thread was not to say how bad you think FFX-2 is.

Now, back on topic, I've found something that clears it up, whether you like the idea of the games being related or not.

-Kitase-Nojima interview from the Final Fantasy X Ultimania Omega-

FFVII and FFX are connected?!
--Previously, with a conversation in the FFX Scenario Ultimania, you made certain inferences, and since it's been about half a year since then, is there anything new you'd like to clarify about FFX?

Kitase: That's true...... Now that FFX International is out and we're in the future, I'm in a predicament; it really isn't that hard to think of another story [set] in that world; room for expansion was left possible there without too much difficulty, don't you think? Speaking conversely, FFX received a splendid reception and made us think of adding to it.

Nojima: After FFVII was finished, we were easily able to add Zack's open[-ended role] into the International version. But, with X, there was an older story with a partly-finished world and an opening that this new one could be added to and [, in doing] so[,] complete it.

Kitase: So, you could say [in terms of] time, Nojima-san decided to designate it to act as a continuation of VII, if you follow me.

--It's a continuation of VII!!

Kitase: Well, there was a joke right there. Simply put, in VII's ending, Holy came, and the next thing you knew, it was over without closing things up, and then it was the "500 years later" [scene] in the future. There's a large margin buried there. A margin for the imagination. Nojima-san and Toriyama are going to be filling something of that with VII, though, while they're at their best and can do it.

--So, will it become a continuation of VII's story?

Nojima: I have a strong feeling that they're going to be connected.

--Huh, so VII and X ARE connected?

Nojima: Well, there's not many specifics to it. I know that what becomes of people when they die is among them; you could say that it's basically the same. Both [concepts came to] function along the same line of thought as I wrote the stories. Sometimes my thoughts just flow out like that, even though pyreflies distinctly aren't green.

--When you speak of the dead becoming [something] green, do you perhaps [mean]......?

Nojima: Yes. In my mind, pyreflies and VII's Lifestream are the same substance.

Kitase: Nojima-san's even considering making use of an idea like this -- [with] an addition to the idea of life origin -- in a sequel to FFX International. That's just a little bit of the thought that's been going into what to do with VII.

Nojima: That's right. There's something like the Lifestream [in X's world also].......

--"An addition to the idea of life origin"......does that mean he's going to revise life origin concepts or something?

Nojima: I can't say......it's a secret (laughs).

Kitase: It's a surprise with how someone from the story conducts theirself with regards to the Farplane.

As you may or may not know, at one point in Final Fantasy X-2, Shinra is running a diagnostic of the Farplane, and he remarks that the energy dwelling there -- which he calls the life force of Spira -- could provide a source of energy if extracted. Energy enough to power a city even. It was also said that Shinra would be leaving the Gullwings after the final mission of FFX-2. Further still, the Al Bhed entrepeneur Rin said that he and others of like mind were looking into researching a method of extracting the energy inside the planet, Spira.

Nojima elaborated on this in the interview in the Final Fantasy X-2 Ultimania. He said that after Shinra quit the Gullwings, he and Rin entered business together, and with Rin's financial backing, Shinra attempted using the remains of a giant machina called "Vegnagun" to extra mako from the Farplane. However, he said that Shinra's attempts would prove unsuccessful, and that his descendants would some day discover the proper means of implementing the idea.

He went on to say that some 1,000 years after the events of FFX-2, Shinra's descendants would leave Spira and travel to Gaia, and there, at some point in the future, they would successfully implement their ancestor's idea. This concept was obviously on the mind of Nojima even at the time of this interview, a full year before the Japanese release of FFX-2's, and was also something that Kitase approved, for it is Kitase himself who here hints at Shinra's attempts to extract mako from the Farplane.

Further of note are the other appearances of the concept that have been mentioned: a year after the interview with Nojima in the FFX-2 Ultimania came the release of Final Fantasy X-2: International+Last Mission, based three months after the ending of FFX-2. Here we learn that Shinra has, indeed, left the Gullwings and is now conducting research with Rin. What was the research we had been previously told they would conduct? Correct: research into the extraction of mako. Research that would lead Shinra's descendants to successfully discovering the proper means of utilizing the concept.

Finally came the publication of the FFVII Ultimania Omega in September, 2005. Here, Shinra is mentioned and it's said that he was researching a means of extracting his planet's energy, but that the results of his research couldn't be seen in X-2. It then said "Perhaps his descendants will one day found a company that supplies energy from the Planet?" Who is the company that did that? Correct: the same company that bears his name; Shin-Ra.

The concept is now undeniable. It is definitely 100% official.

An extended history lesson for those of you who are interested:

as we should all know from having played FFVII, the Shin-Ra Company began as a simple weapons developer. This is a logical expectation of the descendants of the genius, Shinra, who constantly invented various technological gadgets. The Final Fantasy VII Ultimania Omega has slightly elaborated on the backstory of the company to explain that Shin-Ra Works -- as they were called at the time -- was instrumental in bringing an end to an international war that had lasted for years (this being the war with Wutai and whatever ruling government was in place before Shin-Ra gained power).

They discovered the means to extract energy from within the Planet, and realized that they could use it to not only produce an army of elite soldiers (a special unit that would be known as "SOLDIER") and not just to produce small orbs that provided humans with magical powers (spheres called "materia") but that they could use it to generate electricity for cities. Ironically, this is exactly what their ancestor had originally conceived for the idea.

With SOLDIER and materia, the war with Wutai was quickly brought to an end, and just as quickly, the people became dependent on Shin-Ra's materia and electricity, two services that the company would market and monopolize. In short order, the government as well would concede to Shin-Ra's authority, and -- in but a single generation -- President Shinra's company had effectively taken over the entire world.

Dynast-Kid
06-14-2006, 07:06 PM
:squee:

Marluxiaswife
06-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Well i didn't like FFVII, and never got any farther.
But That mean's Spria and Gaia are not the same, you readed

He went on to say that some 1,000 years after the events of FFX-2, Shinra's descendants would leave Spira and travel to Gaia

Dynast-Kid
06-14-2006, 07:57 PM
Thanks Endless Twilight! That clears up some stuff

Marluxiaswife
06-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Thanks Endless Twilight! That clears up some stuff

But Spria and Gaia are not the same planet so how are they the same when they are two different planets? :confused: :confused:

blue phoenix
06-14-2006, 10:02 PM
yeah thats the link ive read. it still does clash with ff7 history though. Its meant to start off as a weapons company, no matter how they try to explain it.

They arent the same planets, i havent reread the link but it was meant to be that they travelled through space before settling on ff7s planet

Renmiri
06-14-2006, 10:11 PM
The connection is even older than the Nojima interview. It predates FFX!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Final_Fantasy/archive9#Authenticity_of_FFVII-FFX.2FX-2_connection_reinforced

Dynast-Kid
06-14-2006, 10:22 PM
http://www.coolsmilies.net/bonk/bounce1.gif

HolyMackeral
06-14-2006, 10:24 PM
Spira and Gaia arent the same planet. A long time after X-2 Shinra's descendents travelled through space to Gaia and set up the Shin-Ra company, then after some time they managed to extract energy from the planet in the way Shinra meantioned towards the end of X-2.

Dynast-Kid
06-14-2006, 10:28 PM
If you thought this thread was about Bruce Willis,young adult men,and large metal pipes...You're sadly mistaken.:(

Anyways,have you ever met a celebrity/person of reknown?

When I was younger,I met Wynona Judd!

And I once met Paige Davis from Trading Spaces.My sister's friend,Misty,was on the show.She said that Paige Davis was a real biyotch...

Anyways,have you ever met a celeb?

Tavrobel
06-14-2006, 10:31 PM
OMG, this totally proves that Y = A! But that's impossible, Y != A, unless Td = Z, and therefore, L = P = Tifa! OMG NO WAI! Tifa = A = Y = L = P!

Psychotic
06-14-2006, 11:20 PM
7 is the sequel. its the one after X-2.FVII wouldn't be the sequal. That would actually make FFX-2 a prequel.

Tav, you should really have gone for the "Cloud is Tidus's descendant" angle, although perhaps you could have spiced it up a little by throwing some ironic uses of wacky internet lingo into the mix.

Tavrobel
06-14-2006, 11:33 PM
Tav, you should really have gone for the "Cloud is Tidus's descendant" angle, although perhaps you could have spiced it up a little by throwing some ironic uses of wacky internet lingo into the mix.

There's no way I'm putting effort into FFX-2 bashing. Eww. What a waste of effort.

Marluxiaswife
06-16-2006, 02:03 AM

There's no way I'm putting effort into FFX-2 bashing. Eww. What a waste of effort.

:sweatdrop :twak:

Markus. D
06-16-2006, 02:39 AM
yes... because that then lures me into Bashin the bashers, and then having the bashers tell me that my bashing has been a waste of time, thus giving them free bash to me, so... yeah, FUN TIMES :)

eh... no they are not related in any single way, and Yuna is not going to grow old and fly to Gaia and make a giant crater....

starseeker
06-16-2006, 05:38 PM
That statement really ruined my view of FFVII. Final Fantasy games are not meant to be connected, that's why the series has lasted so long.

Dell
06-16-2006, 06:18 PM
That statement really ruined my view of FFVII. Final Fantasy games are not meant to be connected, that's why the series has lasted so long.

Truly tragic day. FFX-2 have stained FFX and FFVII name! :kaocry2: I'm cwying.

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 04:44 AM

Truly tragic day. FFX-2 have stained FFX and FFVII name! :kaocry2: I'm cwying.

Vivi_ultima: "i'm such a FFVII fanboy, see me cry :kaocry2:* :rolleyes2

Psychotic
06-17-2006, 05:36 AM
DeathKnight, do not make personal attacks on other members, and do not call them fanboys. You are entitled to disagree with their opinions, but insulting them is crossing the line.