PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter Alpha Anthology

Dreddz
06-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Ill definately be getting this. Probably long since I dont have much money now, but I will eventually. The new updated versions of this great series makes me drool. Anyone else buying ?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Are you talking about Alpha Anthology, or are they releasing yet another one?

Dreddz
06-14-2006, 09:19 PM
No, oops, I should of put Alpha anthology. Please change :)

Erdrick Holmes
06-14-2006, 11:40 PM
I want thirty dollars to buy this and brag to all my friends about it.

DeathKnight
06-15-2006, 11:42 PM
I WOULD buy it, but I already have Street Fighter Alpha 2: Gold and Street Figher Alpha 3. So there's really no need for ME to get this.

Capcom's lazy ass needs to make Street Fighter Alpha 4 for the Play Station 3 *thinks 'bout all the GREAT animations they could make with the PS3 :drool:*

Polnareff
06-16-2006, 02:07 AM
For all of you that think this is a waste of money, you are dead wrong.
I got this today, and Capcom not only put all the arcade-perfect Alpha games in, they added arrange modes for SFA2, SFA2G, and SFA3.

Meaning you can play as added characters and the like. But in the US version, SFA2 and SFA2G's arrange modes are the default ones, meaning no arrange modes for either game. Also, SFA and SGFMM didn't get arrange modes. Basically Capcom included the original arcade games and the arrange modes. (or arrange mode if you're playing the US version)

SFA3's arrange mode is SFA3 Upper, which includes Fei-Long, Guile, Dee Jay, T. Hawk, basically all the PS version characters. And the game's also arcade perfect.

Then, you can unlock Hyper SFA, where you can play as any character in certain Alpha playstyles (1, 2, 2G, and 3) or you can use hidden ISMs like Vampire-ISM, Marvel-ISM, and SF3-ISM.

The sound test includes all the SFA games' original and arrange soundtracks, and also, it includes Puzzle Fighter's original and arrange soundtrack (yes, Puzzle Fighter, don't know why that is), and Final Fight's arcade soundtrack. Hell, it even includes SFZ's CPS-Changer soundtrack and SFA2 SNES's soundtrack too.

On top of that, each game has a crapload of options and extra options, and dipswitches to tweak, as well as each game including a survival mode and a Dramatic Battle Mode (except Super Gem Fighter).

In laymen's terms, the best Alpha collection you will ever get.

Alixsar
06-16-2006, 04:21 AM
The only good SFA is 3, so save yourself the trouble and get it used for the PSX for twelve cents.

DeathKnight
06-16-2006, 09:17 AM
For all of you that think this is a waste of money, you are dead wrong.
I got this today, and Capcom not only put all the arcade-perfect Alpha games in, they added arrange modes for SFA2, SFA2G, and SFA3.

Meaning you can play as added characters and the like. But in the US version, SFA2 and SFA2G's arrange modes are the default ones, meaning no arrange modes for either game. Also, SFA and SGFMM didn't get arrange modes. Basically Capcom included the original arcade games and the arrange modes. (or arrange mode if you're playing the US version)

SFA3's arrange mode is SFA3 Upper, which includes Fei-Long, Guile, Dee Jay, T. Hawk, basically all the PS version characters. And the game's also arcade perfect.

Then, you can unlock Hyper SFA, where you can play as any character in certain Alpha playstyles (1, 2, 2G, and 3) or you can use hidden ISMs like Vampire-ISM, Marvel-ISM, and SF3-ISM.

The sound test includes all the SFA games' original and arrange soundtracks, and also, it includes Puzzle Fighter's original and arrange soundtrack (yes, Puzzle Fighter, don't know why that is), and Final Fight's arcade soundtrack. Hell, it even includes SFZ's CPS-Changer soundtrack and SFA2 SNES's soundtrack too.

On top of that, each game has a crapload of options and extra options, and dipswitches to tweak, as well as each game including a survival mode and a Dramatic Battle Mode (except Super Gem Fighter).

In laymen's terms, the best Alpha collection you will ever get.

I love you! :love:

Thank you SO MUCH for pointing all of this out...............:crying2: I thought it was just ANOTHER port.

NOW I'll be getting it:D

Polnareff
06-16-2006, 11:45 AM
I don't know how long it took Capcom to put all those extras in, but they did.

Only differences between JP and English versions like I said is the fact that the US has the arrange SFA2 and SFA2G (arrange version of SFZ2A in Japan is known as SFZ2') as the default Alpha 2 games. And also, the character movelists were taken out. Hell, in SFA2G you can even use Cammy in one player mode and she has a story and win quotes, but her ending is in the style of Vampire Hunter 2.

The dipswitches mainly seem to tweak little things in the games, same thing with revisions. Revisions oftentimes fix glitches or add new things. To access the revision/dipswitch menu, you must highlight Game Options in any game, hold R2, and press X.

For Extra Options, highlight Game Options, hold R1, and press X. There's even Color Edit mode for those who like to mess around with color settings. You have to hold R1 over a character on the select screen of any of the games though to use it.

The new ISMs in Hyper Alpha are great. Vampire-ISM allows you to chain together combos and push block, VS-ISM allows you to do chain combos, push block, and for some characters (mostly shotos) you can get some of their VS game special moves (i.e. Sakura gets a huge fireball, an air fireball, an anti-air fireball, and the Shungokusatsu).

SF3-ISM limits you to one super combo, and allows you to parry, like SF3. Classic mode only works on those who were in SF2, and it basically reverts your character back to SF2 where they did a lot of damage and could stun easily.

Also, in Alpha 1, when you play VS, Training, or Dramatic Battle, Dan, Akuma, and Bison are already on the select screen. When you play Arcade, however, you have to put in codes to unlock them =/

Erdrick Holmes
06-16-2006, 03:13 PM
I think they should have included the SFA Anime Movie with it like they did with the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection. I don't know what everybody else thought but I loved the Alpha OVA.

Sylvie
06-16-2006, 03:17 PM
If this is for Ps2, I'm getting this thing. (akuma... KICK ASS)

Polnareff
06-16-2006, 03:53 PM
I think they should have included the SFA Anime Movie with it like they did with the Street Fighter Anniversary Collection. I don't know what everybody else thought but I loved the Alpha OVA.

If you have a PSp, SFA The Movie and the entire SF2 Anime collection is coming out on UMD.

But yeah, I agree that they should have put the movie in there. Probably didn't have enough memory though with all the sounds and the revisions of each game and stuff like that.

There's only a few flaws with this collection to me:

1. In Hyper Alpha Mode there are only two stages you can fight in.
2. Hyper Alpha only has Training, Versus, and Option Mode. However, if you are by yourself, you can set the CPU to take the role of the second character. You still need two controllers though.
3. No SFA Movie.
4. No artwork mode or bios for characters like in the other Capcom collections.

But other than that, it's a great collection. It's worth more than its price suggests, IMO.

Dreddz
06-16-2006, 05:09 PM
Both street fighter movies werent very good, they tease us with a 2 second shot of Akuma, then includes him in Alpha, but dosent let hom fight or nothing. Disappointing to say the least.

Im wondering how Super Gem Fighters Mini Mix will play after all these years, what an awesome game.

Polnareff
06-16-2006, 05:46 PM
SGF is arcade perfect like its Saturn counterpart. No loss of animation like the PS version.

I loved the SF2 movie. It puts Alpha Generations to shame (never saw much of the Alpha movie, maybe about 5 minutes at most).

Genji:

Yep, it's for PS2. And 30 bucks to boot.

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 04:14 AM
Man, how awesome would a street fighter alpha 4 ONLINE be??? for the PS3........................:drool:

with ALL NEW sprites.....and animations...........................................................

anyway, I'm getting this game tomorrow.

SuperMillionaire
06-17-2006, 10:13 PM
I just got it today. It's great. I need some help, though: I went to Gamespot and lookedin unlokcable, and found all the cheats for the JP version (Street Fighter Zero: Fighters' Generation). However, I am from the US, and the game is called Street Fighter Alpha Anthology. What are the cheats for SFAA?

DeathKnight
06-18-2006, 03:40 AM
I just got it today. It's great. I need some help, though: I went to Gamespot and lookedin unlokcable, and found all the cheats for the JP version (Street Fighter Zero: Fighters' Generation). However, I am from the US, and the game is called Street Fighter Alpha Anthology. What are the cheats for SFAA?

Yeah I got the game too, and I'm looking for the cheats too...

I want to play with any of the character in ANY of the stage between the alpha games ;P.

That Dramatic mode is insanely funny, specially when you get the computer in the middle :laugh:

SuperMillionaire
06-18-2006, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I know. Anyway, I need the AMERICAN cheats and unlockables, not the Japanese.

DeathKnight
06-19-2006, 03:00 AM
Yeah, I know. Anyway, I need the AMERICAN cheats and unlockables, not the Japanese.

I found them at Gamefaqs.com . Go there (even if the cheats say Street Fighter Zero, it's still the same).

That color edit mode is AWESOME, I've created some INSANE costumes! (I'll make a thread for it one of these days).

SuperMillionaire
06-20-2006, 02:53 PM
Thanks. Is the color edit similar to Capcom vs SNK 2 or Soul Calibur 3?

Polnareff
06-21-2006, 01:07 AM

It's more similar to CvS2 but is much easier to use. Even Pocket Fighter (Super Gem Fighter) has its own Color Edit mode, though when you do flash combos the colors change back to default for a split second until the flash combo is done =/

DeathKnight
06-21-2006, 07:09 AM

It's more similar to CvS2 but is much easier to use. Even Pocket Fighter (Super Gem Fighter) has its own Color Edit mode, though when you do flash combos the colors change back to default for a split second until the flash combo is done =/

Yeah...that pissed me off.

SuperMillionaire
06-22-2006, 01:49 PM

Oh. I really liked the color edits in Soul Calibur 3; and the factthat you can create your own character in that game is great.

DeathKnight
06-22-2006, 03:55 PM

Oh. I really liked the color edits in Soul Calibur 3; and the factthat you can create your own character in that game is great.

Yeah, but they're like 5'2 tall, that's pathetic. Most of them have a FIXED look to them.

SuperMillionaire
06-23-2006, 12:49 AM
I wish I could make them 6'2 tall.