PDA

View Full Version : Sailor Moon Returns?!

Fire_Emblem776
06-14-2006, 11:39 PM
This has been a rumor for sometime now. And i think that it may be true. I post vids on youtube once in a while. And i have added episodes of the dub of sailor moon. They do not allow you to post vids that are licenced, copy righted, ( that kind of things).

As of July 2004 (ish) The licence to sailor moon expired, so it was okay to add vids, movies, specials, of the show.
Today i got a complaint and several episodes were taken down. Apparantly some one has the rights to Sailor Moon now?! What was more shocking to me is that they took down Sailor Stars. But thats unlicenced?! Its never been aired, here and no one has the rights to it?! Do they?

The only thing i can think of is Fox. Their has been rumors that fox aqquired the rights to make a Sailor Moon live action movie. I dont know... Just something i like to share.

But really the thought of lindsay lohan going MOON PRISM POWER
*shudder*

kidney / theif
06-14-2006, 11:42 PM
ZOMG I LOVE SM, AND I AM SO SERIOUS. I HOPE THIS IS TRUE.

*prays*

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Fire_Emblem776
06-14-2006, 11:58 PM
Lets just hope its not as odd as Pretty Gaurdian Sailor Moon, the live action version of Sailor moon XD

kidney / theif
06-14-2006, 11:59 PM
If it comes back on, I hope they play the movies, too. I only saw 1 on Cartoon Network. :cry:

Fire_Emblem776
06-15-2006, 12:10 AM
But they played all 3 on it.

Slade
06-15-2006, 01:25 AM
Speaking of the dubs and such, I've been watching your vids on Youtube for quite some time now....they never finished the R series over here in New Zealand all those years ago and I've been searching and searching for ages to finally be able to see the rest of it and hopefully more......and thats when I found your videos. I'd just like to say thanks :) :) :)
I hope they haven't taken away the S series, because I haven't got around to watching that one yet :(

The Summoner of Leviathan
06-15-2006, 01:31 AM
But really the thought of lindsay lohan going MOON PRISM POWER
*shudder*
lmao, that would be funny and disturbing...

Well that is weird that they took off your Star episodes, unless that means someone is intending to dub those episodes, which would be interesting to see. On the positive side, they might not butcher it when they edit it, for they could just show it late night on YTV (Thinking from Canadian POV here) and put a warning.

LunarWeaver
06-15-2006, 01:42 AM
Yeah if they are gonna air it again it better not be all hacked up to hell again. I hate the way they edit out everything good in anime...because violence on TV is fine but Magical Girls are very intense and must be destroyed before shown.

Madame Adequate
06-15-2006, 04:03 AM
Yeah if they are gonna air it again it better not be all hacked up to hell again. I hate the way they edit out everything good in anime...because violence on TV is fine but Magical Girls are very intense and must be destroyed before shown.

City-annihilating explosions and power beams are ok as well, but NO LESBIANS 4 j00!!!

Haruka x Michiru for great justice!

Cruise Control
06-15-2006, 04:14 AM
Maybe Tuxedo Mask could be even more badass... Is that possible?
EDIT: No, it's not.

~SapphireStar~
06-15-2006, 12:27 PM
It would be nice for another round of Sailor Moon. I cant complain, got all the series and all 3 movies. But I want to see the live action, just so I can say Ive seen every SM show.

But that doesnt mean he watched all 3. He must have missed the other 2 films.

kidney / theif
06-15-2006, 02:55 PM
But that doesnt mean he watched all 3. He must have missed the other 2 films.

I did miss the other 2.
And at the bottom of this AMV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx6nWeik8I0&search=sailor%20moon%20love) on YouTube it says

Sailor Moon will be airing on Cartoon Network again as of, June 14th.
Then again, that was yesterday. And I haven't been on the Cartoon Network site to even see.

:eek: :eek:

Madame Adequate
06-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Maybe Tuxedo Mask could be even more badass... Is that possible?
EDIT: No, it's not.

No, I don't think he could be any more awesome.

~SapphireStar~
06-15-2006, 04:25 PM
Ive just been on the CN website and there is no mention of Sailor Moon and it was the American Site. Our CN sucks.

Fire_Emblem776
06-15-2006, 04:38 PM
I did miss the other 2.
And at the bottom of this AMV (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx6nWeik8I0&search=sailor%20moon%20love) on YouTube it says

Sailor Moon will be airing on Cartoon Network again as of, June 14th.
Then again, that was yesterday. And I haven't been on the Cartoon Network site to even see.

:eek: :eek:[/QUOTE]

I added a bunch of old comercials on youtube for sailor moon, but they are from old toonami days.

~SapphireStar~
06-16-2006, 11:35 AM
Im just so annoyed cause the American CN looks so much cooler then the UK one and has more anime. DBZ, Outlaw Star and Tenchi were all moved to Toonmai and then we stopped getting it :(

Madame Adequate
06-16-2006, 02:04 PM
Im just so annoyed cause the American CN looks so much cooler then the UK one and has more anime. DBZ, Outlaw Star and Tenchi were all moved to Toonmai and then we stopped getting it :(

Yeah, they also get Adult Swim in the US, that has loads of cool shows. =(

~SapphireStar~
06-16-2006, 02:09 PM
Yeah Ive heard great things about Adult Swim. Man it sucks to live in Britian sometimes ... scratch that, it sucks to live in Britian IMO.

kidney / theif
06-16-2006, 02:17 PM
Yeah, they also get Adult Swim in the US, that has loads of cool shows. =(

They come on so late anyways it's pointless (for me) to even try and stay up to watch them.

But maybe the reason SM isn't coming back is because of all the sexual refrences it has. I remember one episode, all the girls were fighting over a part in the play Snow White and Lita (Sailor Jupiter) said that the part should go to the girl with the biggest chest. :eek: And the Sailor Star Fighters were men and changed into women when they transformed.. you have to admit that's kinda wierd.

~SapphireStar~
06-16-2006, 06:05 PM
SM was edited for the American audience. Loads of episodes were removed, so when I watched the uncut DVDs I was excited to see an episode I hadnt watched. And Sailor Uranus and Neptune (Haruka and Michiru or Amara and Michelle in US) were lovers in the original version and were changed to become close friends or something.

It happened in Cardcaptor Sakura also. Meiling Li and Shaoran Li are distant cousins engaged to marry, but were just wrote in as cousins.

TheAbominatrix
06-16-2006, 10:26 PM
The chances of SailorStars being dubbed are quite slim. I just dont see how they'd be able to show the Starlights on American/Canadian/British television without getting pulled. These countries just arent ready for this, it borders too closely with gender-bending and homosexuality. Parents would freak.

I dont see an American live action movie happening, ever. If they did they'd go for CG, like they're doing with Gatchaman (I'll be crossing my fingers that that wont suck). Then again, there's rumblings of a live action Evagelion film, so we'll see how things pan out.

Also, Viz owns the rights to the show, they picked it up and put out the Japanese DVDs.

By the way, Amara and Michelle were cousins in the American version, which put out a really creepy incest vibe.

FallenAngel411
06-17-2006, 05:52 AM
By the way, Amara and Michelle were cousins in the American version, which put out a really creepy incest vibe.

I always thought that making them cousins in the english version made it worse than if they had just been up front about the relationship. I mean, come on. Even the cleaned-up dub couldn't conceal the body language. And it was never "dirty" to begin with. Silly Americans.

Alucard188
07-05-2006, 08:27 AM
SM was edited for the American audience. Loads of episodes were removed, so when I watched the uncut DVDs I was excited to see an episode I hadnt watched. And Sailor Uranus and Neptune (Haruka and Michiru or Amara and Michelle in US) were lovers in the original version and were changed to become close friends or something.

It happened in Cardcaptor Sakura also. Meiling Li and Shaoran Li are distant cousins engaged to marry, but were just wrote in as cousins.

Yes. Watching the DiC dubs (XD!) and then seeing the original uncut episodes was neat. And yes, Haruka and Michiru were written off as cousins in the dub, but were lovers in the original. That kiss scene was... Wow. Anyway, I'm with you; after it quit showing, I got all 200 episodes in Japanese from eBay, so I couldn't care less if it came back on TV or not, I still have my collection. *huggles collection of DVDs*

EDIT: Oh, and I got the Tenchi ones too.

feona17
07-06-2006, 01:48 AM

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ABOUT CCS!

The U.S. butchered that show until it was complete crap when to me, it's one of the classics. Sheesh. I'm so glad for youtube, had all the japanese (subbed) episodes.

Yeah Sailor Moon was edited too.. then again when I watched it, (when I was like 5 lol) it was good. I'll watch it if it is coming back, just for old times sake.

LunarWeaver
07-06-2006, 01:57 AM

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ABOUT CCS!

Ah jeez, me either. I could rant about Card Captor Sakura all day. That thing was hacked to complete pieces....I have never seen an anime be so completely destroyed as that one.

And I hope that CN never airs another episode of SM again...so hopefully that's just a rumor that they will start. They hack it so much it's just ridiculous. Just go get the uncut stuff.

American television makes no sense to me at all. The things they ban and the things they allow make no sense whatsoever.

Millia Billia
07-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Just because there's no current license holder in America doesn't mean copywrites don't still apply.