PDA

View Full Version : POLL : Was Sephiroth harder in Kingdom Hearts 1 or 2?

Spawn of Sephiroth
06-15-2006, 12:50 AM
Please vote on the poll before you post on here, thanks. What do you guys think, do you think that Sephiroth was harder in Kingdom Hearts 1 or was he harder in Kingdom Hearts 2? I think he was way harder in Kingdom Hearts 1:choc2:

Sparky
06-15-2006, 12:53 AM
way harder on part 1

Tavrobel
06-15-2006, 12:57 AM
II by far, because you needed Second Chance. If you didn't have it, then you had to be REALLY good, whereas in the KHI, it was "ohh, you don't have Second Chance? Well, just be careful, then, ok, hon? You'll be fine"

There is no debate about it. You can also find a gazillion guides about KHI's Seph, and he's far too predictable, and not only that, you could challenge him whenever you wanted to, provided you beat the Titans. Plus, holding your blade in the opposite hand cramps your fighting style.

In KHII, he's much less predictable and his attacks do far more damage and are faster. His teleport is also more annoying. He's also got a massive amount of HP, and holds his blade as he should: in his left hand. For some reason, while KHII hasn't been out as long, it took one month for Seph guides to flood the internet sites. I have yet to see such a phenomenon for KHII.

And let's not forget the single most awesome piece of armor ever: Crystal Crown. + to Attack, Magic, HP, MP, AP, and you put three or four on? Pwned.

Zeromus_X
06-15-2006, 01:08 AM
KHII's Sephiroth was much more vicious in his attack pattern, but he could still be taken down easily if you know what to do. I'd say he's tougher than KHI Seph.

He's still easy, once you know what to do...*sigh* Oh well.

Marluxiaswife
06-15-2006, 01:08 AM
part two cause he keeped using that one attack on me :(

Goldenboko
06-15-2006, 01:39 AM
How could you say 1's was harder:confused:? I beat 1's whenever I want! In fact I used to get bored so I decided to beat him, his attack pattern was very predictable! KH2's was much harder unfortunately once you find out the easy way *cough berserk trinity combo* he is much easier. But his attacks are much more deadly his flame pillar draws you in for god's sake, he flies in the air when using Send Heartless Angel (thats right its not called Sin Harvest though many people think that), and his normal attack does incredible damage!

mooglebunni608
06-15-2006, 02:13 AM
1 cause I still haven't beat him yet. 2 wasn't that bad.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-15-2006, 02:47 AM
1 is so easy i beat him in less than 5 minutes, in level 60 and everything, part 2 was scary

Cruise Control
06-15-2006, 03:39 AM
XD. I'll say 2. Only because I couldn't use him as a means to level from 50-100.

Still uber easy.

Ouch!
06-15-2006, 04:47 AM
I had more trouble with him in KH2. He had a been more of a learning curve to him. His slightly lower predictability, as others mentioned, was part of it. Some attacks were just flat out frustrating, others not so much. It was a bit easier, for the most part, to get damage in on him (after his 13 hit attack or countering when he knocks you into the air), but those chances for safe combos were few and far between.

Masamunemaster
06-15-2006, 05:57 PM
II definatly bc you have to have second chance to survive his sword slashing

LunaticPandora37
06-15-2006, 08:44 PM
i say 2 becuase it actually took time to heal..if you ever needed to...and i also beat him with no items...cuz i think that its a challenge to beat him with no items. try it...its fun

Ultima Shadow
06-15-2006, 09:51 PM
lol at second chanse.

Tavrobel
06-15-2006, 09:56 PM
el oh el @ Shads' Sephiroth Strategy for KHI.

"How to not only beat, but to PWN Sephiroth."

Ultima Shadow
06-15-2006, 10:02 PM
el oh el @ Shads' Sephiroth Strategy for KHI.

"How to not only beat, but to PWN Sephiroth.":p

I'll do one for KH2 as well, once I get my hands on it and get to play trough it once. :cool:

Tavrobel
06-15-2006, 10:06 PM
It's clear that you didn't find Seph hard at all in KHI.

But he's much more difficult to PWN, because you basically have to fight him with either a full and upgraded set of armor and accessories, or you have to get loads of Defense Pluses. Unless your reflexes are godly, and even then, Seph has some kind of homing teleport. The Arena's bigger too.

The one that corncracker wrote for the KHII frontsite is very good, though.

Ultima Shadow
06-15-2006, 10:12 PM
It's clear that you didn't find Seph hard at all in KHI.

But he's much more difficult to PWN, because you basically have to fight him with either a full and upgraded set of armor and accessories, or you have to get loads of Defense Pluses. Unless your reflexes are godly, and even then, Seph has some kind of homing teleport. The Arena's bigger too.

The one that corncracker wrote for the KHII frontsite is very good, though.If I say I'm going to PWN him, I AM going to PWN him. ;)

PWN as in taking no dammage at all at the hardest difficulty setting and without being at a godly high level, just like I did in KH1. :greenie:

Tavrobel
06-15-2006, 10:14 PM
Good Luck.

If you make one, I'll change my sig back to Rydia.

Although, if such a case, I think EVERYONE would win.

Le Mutton Noir
06-16-2006, 12:04 AM

To me, it felt like every boss was harder in KH than KHII.

*~Angel Wing~*
06-17-2006, 02:13 AM
I thought they were about the same difficulty, except KH2 Sephiroth was a little more challenging. But that was good cuz the rest of the bosses in that game were kinda easy. :D

Brennan
06-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Pt. 2 definetly i mean God i missed that first attack and i still lived through 10 of his life bars but pt.1 i beat the hell out of him

cid highwind
06-17-2006, 03:15 PM
i should say first since i havent played the second yet

kidney / theif
06-18-2006, 01:16 AM

To me, it felt like every boss was harder in KH than KHII.

'Cept Xaldin, I agree with that.

01 Rin
06-21-2006, 04:53 PM
I thought that the Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts (I) was more difficult only because it took me much more than several tries to defeat him. Of course, when I got the hang of it, I fought Sephiroth (I) enough times to just gain the 18,000 EXP for leveling up. Eventually, defeating the first Sephiroth took me no more than 3 or 5 minutes each time. I beat the Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts II on my first try and I only used up 2 Elixers.

Kingdom Hearts (I): Sephiroth Boss (Platinum Match)

The main reason why I believe this boss is harder is because it is more difficult to attack him straight forward, you have to wait a lot for an opening.
Sephiroth (I) has this attack which really is fustrating: "Sin Harvest." Sometimes you attack him before he casts the spell, sometimes you don't. If you don't, then its time for that Elixer! Superglide away and use it before Sephiroth attacks you.
This boss is also invincible for the first 20 or so hits Sora unleashes on Sephiroth. (Actually, it might be because the makers couldn't think of another color to add another HP bar?)

Kingdom Hearts II: Sephiroth Boss (Dark Depths)

As long as you have certain abilities on Sora, (like Second Chance, Once More, Defender, Beserk Charge, Horizontal Slash, **Trinity Limit, and all those SQUARE button abilities.) that includes the ones in the Strategy Guide, you should be fine. Also place Elixers in all of Sora's Item Slots AND IN YOUR MAGIC SHORTCUT! I forgot to do that and I almost died as a result.
At the start of battle, like everyone else says, press TRIANGLE to block. Expect this Reaction Command to appear a lot. Sephiroth (II) leaves himself as open as possible so TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT. Berserk Charge with Ultima Weapon is awesome. After some combos, Trinity Limit brings Sephiroth's (II) HP down a bar and a half, depending on how long the limit is.
Yeah, and watch out for the pillar of flame thing. Unlike Sephiroth (I), the second Sephiroth's pillar of flame sucks Sora in, making it difficult to avoid.
When Sephiroth (II) rises in the air, Glide up to him at attack. His meteor attack is a pain to manuever so attack Sephiroth (II) before he performs it.

When you defeat Sephiroth, talk to Cloud and choose to show him where Sephiroth is. Then go back to the Dark Depths and approach Sephiroth. After an AWESOME scene, Sora gets the best Keyblade ever: Fenrir!

Yeah, I know I put some strategies in there but I couldn't resist. And there's more in Sephiroth (II) because I just fought him yesterday. I was at Level 90 when I fought the second Sephiroth and around Level 85 fighting the first Sephiroth.

There is no debate about it. You can also find a gazillion guides about KHI's Seph, and he's far too predictable, and not only that, you could challenge him whenever you wanted to, provided you beat the Titans. Plus, holding your blade in the opposite hand cramps your fighting style.

In KHII, he's much less predictable and his attacks do far more damage and are faster. His teleport is also more annoying. He's also got a massive amount of HP, and holds his blade as he should: in his left hand.
Ya know, I never noticed until you mentioned it, Tavrobel. Hm, interesting. Now I remember. Sephiroth (FFVII) held his sword in his left hand. I'm left handed too! coooool. (actually, I'm ambidextrous. but I write a little better with the left hand.)

Whew! That took a while!

**Trinity Limit is the most important ablility and basically essential for defeating Sephiroth (II).

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-21-2006, 05:03 PM

The main reason why I believe this boss is harder is because it is more difficult to attack him straight forward, you have to wait a lot for an opening.
Sephiroth (I) has this attack which really is fustrating: "Sin Harvest." Sometimes you attack him before he casts the spell, sometimes you don't. If you don't, then its time for that Elixer! Superglide away and use it before Sephiroth attacks you.
This boss is also invincible for the first 20 or so hits Sora unleashes on Sephiroth. (Actually, it might be because the makers couldn't think of another color to add another HP bar?)

i always attack him straight forward, its very simple, sin harvest aint fustrating, just roll over there, have you not seen ultima shadows pwn video? :p

01 Rin
06-21-2006, 05:14 PM

i always attack him straight forward, its very simple, sin harvest aint fustrating, just roll over there, have you not seen ultima shadows pwn video? :p
No, should I see it? [I though Sephiroth (I) was difficult when I first fought him, but now I eat him like ice cream and cake]

And let's not forget the single most awesome piece of armor ever: Crystal Crown. + to Attack, Magic, HP, MP, AP, and you put three or four on? Pwned.
So, where do you get this Crystal Crown?

Demon Lancer
06-24-2006, 01:15 AM
Um... how si this even a contest KH1 Sephy = Baby
KH2 Sephy = Pwnt my rear to shreads ((I'm only level 55 attempting it not the 75 thats veryone recommends and threatens you to wait until you are at least 75, Not using second chanse or once more either.)

I can beat KH1 Sephiroth with a Kingdom key and only healy a few times (depending if I get hit by that damn halo thing >_< sin harvest I hate you.) I've taken off 1 and a half health bars of KH2 sephiroth XD horrible I know, but he's just to fast and for some reason It wont let me use ariel doge when he hits me in the air...

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-24-2006, 01:29 AM
So, where do you get this Crystal Crown?[/QUOTE]

sythensis

Ultima Shadow
06-24-2006, 01:37 AM
No, should I see it?Like... you totally should. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGZ-g-j_1VU)

NorthernChaosGod
07-02-2006, 01:33 AM
Part 1, you don't have Trinity Limit in 1(well you do, but it sucks in part 1).

TRANS_AM409
07-03-2006, 12:49 AM
In II he was harder

blacktrance
07-03-2006, 08:00 PM
I think that they're about the same. In KH1, he was a lot harder to damage, but he isn't as agressive.
Me: I'm going to damage you! *runs forward*
Sephiroth: No, you're not. *swings his sword*
Me: Ow! *runs away*
Sephiroth: *walks very slowly, swings sword, and misses*

On the other hand, KH2 Sephiroth is better at dealing damage to me.
Me: I'm going to damage you! *performs insanely long combo*
Sephiroth: Ow. *Teleports* *Knocks me into the air* *combos*
Me: Haha! I have Second Chance and Once More!
Sephiroth: Too bad. *kills*

01 Rin
07-06-2006, 10:07 PM
So, where do you get this Crystal Crown?

sythensis[/QUOTE]

so not true. I synthesize ev'rything. No Crystal Crown. [wait, you talking about KHI Crystal Crown or KHII Crystal Crown?]

Tifa's Real Lover(really
07-06-2006, 10:12 PM
theres no crystal crown in kh2 -_-

Lavitz
07-07-2006, 04:08 AM
I think he was the easiest in 2. 15 lifebars? My answer is Sleeping Lion. Beat Sephy at level 51 with Sleeping lion, and 3 elixers. :P

Neo Blackheart
07-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Kh 2 because I had the stupid idea to fight him at level 50 died with his first combo

Human Devil
07-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Both are sorta easy once you know their attack patterns.

But what the heck 2 was a little harder.

Maux
08-02-2006, 08:02 AM
Two was much harder, he actually tried in that one. I beat him first try in the first game and in the second it took me quite a few more (a lot more) I kept trying to kill him at too low a level and then when I was actually really high up, I wasn't able to block with triangle and he killed me(only needed two more hits). When I first tried I wasn't even able to hit Sephiroth before he killed me. Sephiroth in two was harder it brings to question if he will be in three and how they could make him any harder...

Slicksword45
08-03-2006, 02:41 AM
KH1.

I beat KH2's seph at level 68 with no form abilitys =p
I never beat KH1's seph

SuperMillionaire
09-10-2006, 03:07 PM
I beat KH2 Sephiroth a long time ago. By far, KH1 Sephiroth is harder; I only beat him yesterday.

McLovin'
09-10-2006, 04:12 PM
KH1 was hard.

In 2 he was so simple you just dodged him well and attacked him before he rose high into the air.

Crimson
09-12-2006, 07:11 AM
KH2 was harder cus although in KH" you ave more combos and abilitys in kh1 u can spam curagas, while in kh2 u can only use it once

Axel21
09-13-2006, 03:23 PM
I just recently managed to beat Sephiroth in KH2, and I have never bothered to beat him in KH1...
Personally, I believe that in KH2, the Hades Paradox cup lv49 is equally difficult. That's where you have to face Leon, Cloud, Tifa and Yuffie, all at once...!

K. H. Kid
09-16-2006, 12:58 AM
Both were easy when you figure out the right stategy for each one.

I- Arcs Arcanum, Strike Raid, Superglide
II- Trinity Limit, Berseck Charge, Horizontal Slash

Aurons_Desciple
09-17-2006, 01:29 AM
Since Kh2 hasn't been released in NZ yet, i'll have to say KH1

Frozen Phantom
09-17-2006, 07:23 AM
Originally Bespoketh by Maux

Two was much harder, he actually tried in that one. I beat him first try in the first game and in the second it took me quite a few more (a lot more) I kept trying to kill him at too low a level and then when I was actually really high up, I wasn't able to block with triangle and he killed me(only needed two more hits). When I first tried I wasn't even able to hit Sephiroth before he killed me. Sephiroth in two was harder it brings to question if he will be in three and how they could make him any harder...
[!] / message [/!]

You want to know how they can make it harder....Ill tell you how they can make it harder:mad:

UTIMATE SEPHIROTH CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok the challege is simple...you have to fight Sephiroth,Cloud,Leon,Yuffie,and Tifa ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!!!

ALSO EVERYONE DUEL WIE
MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

is that hard enough for you man....if it isnt i can think of something harder

till later cya

Axel21
09-18-2006, 02:44 PM
Both were easy when you figure out the right stategy for each one.

I- Arcs Arcanum, Strike Raid, Superglide
II- Trinity Limit, Berseck Charge, Horizontal Slash
A good strategy for KH2 is the use of a "Berserk" and a "Finishing plus" ability, too.
When you have no MP, your combos go on for as long as the MP is charging, and only after the bar is blue again, you can use finishing moves in succession, thus emptying his life bars 2 at a time...!
Try it out, you'll find it easier this way, I guess...

Aurons_Desciple
09-18-2006, 10:42 PM
Maybe the PAL KH1 version is different than NTSC version but i've never had to use any abilities to defeat Seph, when he begins to cast that spell you can just normal attack him and that will stop him. I saw a vid of Sora vs Seph (KH2) yesterday and he doesn't look that difficult.

finaloblivion
09-21-2006, 04:02 AM
ive never beaten the KH1 sephy so i dont...i tried fighting him at a relatively low level so i got effed in the a. ive beaten 2's sephiroth tho, and it took a while but once u have his atack patterns down, its doable.

Neo Blackheart
09-28-2006, 10:11 PM
IF they make a KH3 with sephiroth they could make him harder by having him try his hardest. Heck in the FF game he killed a huge snake and plastered him on a stake. and what he uses isn't meteor but comet. have him use the black matiria to summon the actuall meteor.

_yeojina_
10-01-2006, 11:14 AM
It all depends on...
1. Strategy.
2. Luck.
3. Skills.
4. Preperation
I could NOT defeat KH Sephiroth, even though his pattern was very predictable. I think the Reaction Commands make it easier to defeat KHII Sephiroth, but then again, I haven't even gotten past the Thousand Heartless War.

Lionheart=pwnage
10-14-2006, 02:22 AM
I thought he was harder in 2 because I didnt have alot of the skills that they said to have. In KH1 i beat him without dieing my first time.

Rostum
10-14-2006, 02:33 AM
I thought KH1 Sephiroth was a lot easier to predict. So I'll say KH2 Sephiroth was harder.

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-14-2006, 03:59 PM
It all depends on...
1. Strategy.
2. Luck.
3. Skills.
4. Preperation
I could NOT defeat KH Sephiroth, even though his pattern was very predictable. I think the Reaction Commands make it easier to defeat KHII Sephiroth, but then again, I haven't even gotten past the Thousand Heartless War.

luck or preperation has nothing to do with it:p

Lord Xehanort
10-16-2006, 06:27 PM
I never used Trinity Limit...

I didn't beat Seph in KHII until I equipped 3-4 Crystal Crowns, AND the berserk Charge ability. That way, after healing, I got to tee off on him with a 30 hit combo, or so.

The first time I challenged him, I didn't use a reaction command fast enough, and his dash and slash cut me to pieces. :(

Also, I had to wait until I mastered the different drive forms, so that I had air dodge (to escape his wicked teleport attacks), high jump (to stop Heartless Angel), and glide (to actually GET to him to high jump and stop heartless angel).

After ALL that work, I went back and beat him. I swear I must've screamed loud enough to wake the neighbors with my "BOOYA!"

Tifa's Real Lover(really
10-17-2006, 01:11 AM
i dont recall crystal crowns in kh2 O_o

Aurons_Desciple
10-18-2006, 01:07 AM
I just defeated Seph (kh2) this morning without any items being used or any limits and i must say that Seph (kh2) is way harder