PDA

View Full Version : The Easiest Final Fantasy?

Goldenboko
06-15-2006, 02:05 AM
I believe Final Fantasy X is the easiest Final Fantasy hands down! I have a strategy that even an idiot can follow and look like a complete RPG Master! To start off the beginning of the game don't train AT ALL! Quickly get to the part where you get Auron then use these three party members (Wakka, Auron, and Lulu) Until you obtain the airship. From there unlock Don Tonberry and Cactuar King and use the trick I put in a different thread Reffer to Best Place For AP? and check out my trick because it lets you train whoever you like (I recommend Auron, Wakka, and Switch Lulu with Tidus because quick hit rules). Oh and the Overdrive to AP weapons can be unlocked easily I'll get back on how to do that... If I remember correctly it had to with getting the Doors To Tommorow From capturing all the enemies in either Cavern of Stolen Fayth, Macalania Woods, or Thunder Plains, or maybe somewhere else I can't remember right now I'll get back on that later. The first time I went through it I beat it easy and I was still a noob and I didn't even use this strategy.

Hambone
06-15-2006, 02:30 AM
Yeah. Final Fantasy 10 is really easy. I've only beaten FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX and FFX-2, but out of all of those 5, FFX was definately the easiest. Oh, yeah. Welcome. :)

Zeromus_X
06-15-2006, 03:21 AM
VI is the easiest. But no, apart from a few battles, this one wasn't that difficult. Not many FFs are.

G13
06-15-2006, 03:36 AM
Not the easiest. I think III was the easiest!

Yuffie514
06-15-2006, 05:58 AM
of all the ones i've played, i am going to rate this above Final Fantasy VIII, due to all the:

* extra work on getting Break HP Limit for everyone.
* more time-consuming than Draw, because at least i don't have to bribe with Gil.
* FFVIII - the monster is right there and i am one draw away from some Ultima!

Dell
06-15-2006, 05:23 PM
FFX is not the easiest but the AP trick in FFX is very cheap! That's why it becomes very easy, since your stat is maxed out.

I personally think FFX-2 is harder than FFX.

~SapphireStar~
06-15-2006, 05:44 PM
This game was pretty easy compared to the rest. Plus I flew through it quicker. Seemed shorter.

HolYuna
06-15-2006, 08:14 PM
I found it quite easy, but it was quite challenging in some parts, as for the side-quests.. which I'm sure were made to send you barking mad, plus, some bosses nearly led me to selling the game, haha~ But I would say it is fairly easy, though I found FFV VERY easy.. xD

Psydekick
06-15-2006, 09:15 PM
I believe Final Fantasy X is the easiest Final Fantasy hands down! I have a strategy that even an idiot can follow and look like a complete RPG Master! To start off the beginning of the game don't train AT ALL! Quickly get to the part where you get Auron then use these three party members (Wakka, Auron, and Lulu) Until you obtain the airship. From there unlock Don Tonberry and Cactuar King and use the trick I put in a different thread Reffer to Best Place For AP? and check out my trick because it lets you train whoever you like (I recommend Auron, Wakka, and Switch Lulu with Tidus because quick hit rules). Oh and the Overdrive to AP weapons can be unlocked easily I'll get back on how to do that... If I remember correctly it had to with getting the Doors To Tommorow From capturing all the enemies in either Cavern of Stolen Fayth, Macalania Woods, or Thunder Plains, or maybe somewhere else I can't remember right now I'll get back on that later. The first time I went through it I beat it easy and I was still a noob and I didn't even use this strategy.
How the hell can you beat Don Tonberry and Cactuar King without blooming training? And what on earth! X-2 is like 10 hours long

Medi
06-15-2006, 09:19 PM
It was rather easy, but VIII was the easiest IMO.

Goldenboko
06-15-2006, 10:25 PM
How the hell can you beat Don Tonberry and Cactuar King without blooming training?
Easy if you use only three party members your party becomes really good without training... plus Auto-Phoenix armor makes it so you can't lose... unless you run out of Phoenix Downs.

~Megalixir~
06-15-2006, 10:34 PM
This game goes below FFX-2, because of the low damage factors in that game for your characters.

In FFX, it is easy because the battle system is easy to predict! OMG! Tidus goes in two turns! My brother can play this game easily and the battle system has no challenge. Turn sequence is already laid out for you, and you dont need to pause...

This game was easy due to the fact that you have two abilities: Auto-Life and Zombie Attack.

LunaticPandora37
06-15-2006, 10:39 PM
i found this game to get annoying from time to time. but i find FFVII to be the easist game in the world...

Goldenboko
06-15-2006, 10:43 PM
Zombie Attack... Don Tonberry/Cactaur Trick is much more useful!

FlyingCow
06-15-2006, 10:44 PM
FF7 is 3rd easiest for me and FFX is 2nd but by far easiest in my opinion is FF1!!!!:D

TurkSlayer
06-15-2006, 11:23 PM
It was rather easy, but VIII was the easiest IMO.
Really, VIII was? That was the hardest one, if you ask me. But then, I never really did get the hang of the Junction system.

Yeah, X is very easy. I've beaten it about four times now because its JUST SO SIMPLE. Still good, though.

look_out_below
06-15-2006, 11:31 PM
FFX-2 was easier then FFX

I Took the Red Pill
06-15-2006, 11:33 PM
Tactics Advance was the easiest for me.

DarknessFromAbove
06-15-2006, 11:52 PM
X was easy . . . X-2 was lame. I vote X as the easiest, sorry but for me it really was.

DeathKnight
06-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Easier than IX??? Never!

FFX took me 5 tries to beat(final boss).

FFIX took me 1 try(final boss). I don't even think I EVER died in tha game :laugh: Anyway, it's the story i care 'bout.

FFs are ALL easy.

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne (Now THAT's a hard RPG).

Psychotic
06-16-2006, 12:24 AM
No, FVIII was the easiest.

I got my ass handed to me repeatedly by Yunalesca, and the Seymour battle on Gagazet was no walk in the park either.

DeathKnight
06-16-2006, 12:25 AM

I got my ass handed to me repeatedly by Yunalesca, and the Seymour battle on Gagazet was no walk in the park either.

Good to see.

Goldenboko
06-16-2006, 01:10 AM
FFs are ALL easy.[/B]
Have you ever played FFII? That is not easy and I only got to play the Dawn Of Souls version which I assume is easier then the original.

DeathKnight
06-16-2006, 01:26 AM
FFs are ALL easy.[/B]
Have you ever played FFII? That is not easy and I only got to play the Dawn Of Souls version which I assume is easier then the original.

Believe me, it's EASY.

I beat FFII with Level 55 characters.

FlyingCow
06-16-2006, 01:33 AM

Meh i thought they were all boss battles where easy like I can kill Baraska's Final Aeon in i think 2-4 hits

Crossblades
06-16-2006, 02:21 AM
I found X an easy game. Not the easiest FF game I've played, but still easy

Darkwing Bahamut
06-16-2006, 04:15 AM
FFX was easy overall, but out of the ones I played FFIX was the easiest. Even the optional stuff wasn't that hard.

mega_tonberry
06-16-2006, 04:23 AM
Its one of the easiest.

Zeromus_X
06-16-2006, 04:30 AM
I beat FFII with Level 55 characters.

You don't level up in FFII. >_>;

Now, to compare...

FFI: Mediocre. Not impossible, not simple.

FFII: Abusable system.

FFIII: Only truly difficult one.

FFIV: Mediocre. Some difficult moments.

FFV: Same. AP Goldmines don't help, however...

FFVI: Abusable everything.

FFVII: Mediocre.

FFVIII: Abusable.

FFIX: User-friendly, not too difficult.

FFX: Few hard battles, but abusable system, not to mention AP Goldmines. Not hard by any means.

FFX-2: You must not be pressing 'X' enough.

Mirage
06-16-2006, 10:55 AM
FF8 is the easiest for me. After you figure out the Junction system and Triple Triad, nothing can stand in your way.

Psydekick
06-16-2006, 04:44 PM
I found and am still finding VIII so incredibly hard, am i just a poor gamer?

hhr1dluv
06-16-2006, 04:55 PM
I too am finding FF8 to be somewhat difficult, or at least more difficult than the other FFs I've played (which include 7, 10, 10-2, and 6). I think it's because I still don't really understand the power of the junction/draw system, though I've learned that, with some patience, you can easily get some very powerful spells very early in the game.

In my opinion, 7 was easier than 10. I think 6 was a bit more difficult than those two, because I actually had to level up in 6 for some parts. But then again, I never really figure out strategies...I usually just use attacks and cure spells (and ultima :p ) typically.

As for 4, I'm stuck at the cave that you can't use metal in...I'm apparently 10 levels short of where I should be :confused: So yeah, I'm finding 4 to be the most difficult of all.

Mirage
06-16-2006, 05:08 PM
The key is to keep your levels low, while still gaining a decent amount of AP. Then you just obtain items through Triple Triad -> Card Mod (Quezacotl ability). By this you can get high-level magic like Tornado Firaga, Haste, Regen, Curaga and such at disc 1. Actually, Curaga is the easiest of them all, just get Siren to learn recovery magic refinement and buy 30 tents, then you've got 300 Curagas for your HP right there (about 2-3000 HP). Seeing as the enemies are about the same level as you, you'd find that beating a level 20 boss while you've got 4000 HP and 80 strenght is pretty easy.

Dell
06-16-2006, 05:31 PM
X is definitely easy, luckily they made additional optional boss in PAL.

Don't worry, Psy/Sora!, VIII is hard when you don't understand the systems, now that I say it, I never play FFVIII, what am I saying?

I found IX to be harder than X, it's all Break Damage Limit fault. OZMA IS A PAIN IN THE ASS!!!!!

The truth revealed.

4evarisha
06-16-2006, 06:20 PM
It was the easiest to me because I had strategies.

starseeker
06-16-2006, 07:15 PM
I found X to be the hardest because bashing bosses with swords until they die didn't work for several bosses. Although, I'd only played X-2 before X so that may have had something to do with it.

ValiantKnight
06-16-2006, 07:17 PM
Never got too deep into Final Fantasy X, and havent really had a chance to go back and advance the story.

Do not understand the sphere grid at all still.
And finding the bosses decently challenging... at least so far.(Yuna had just unlocked her second Aeon last time I played it).

I am not that far in the game at all, so I can not say much, but I find it a lot harder than VIII though I understand VIII now and it is abusable.

Let's see..

VIII - First playthrough did not know what I was doing, had no clue of junctioning, and leveled up like mad... got destroyed by Ruby Dragons and T Rexes. Managed to beat the game, but was taking heavy casualties and did die a few times. Second time through, I knew about the junction system more.. Was able to have a much easier time and beat it pretty easily. Last time through.. laughing as I kill bosses in one or two rounds with my level 7-13 party in disc 2 and early 3. Junctions are the key center force of everything in this game. If you understand them and know to draw all the magic you can, equipping a magic to strengthen your mag stat so you can draw more.... and if you level your AP and not your EXP, it is a breeze.

FF1 - You can level very highly and abuse it a little, but you are very limited on healing in this game, and it is more a test of endurance and running ability to survive the 693,029 random battles before the boss who dies in 4 hits or less... and wasnt much stronger than the regular enemies. Even a lvl 50 party will eventually run out of healing and cannot live forever... unlike some other FFs... As there are so few reasonable healing sources and no mana recovery in dungeons... they are mortal.

FF2 - Have not made enough of a play through it to accurately talk.

FF3 - don't own
FF4 - see FF2
FF5 - see FF2
FF6 - Got to the last dungeon with a mid 50s party and lost my save.. havent been able to really start again or dont have the time to invest yet. You could level up, but from memory it was still a little challenging from a damage aspect, similar to FF1.
FF7 - Infinite megalixirs..... erm.. yeah. Still kinda abusable if you level real high and max alot of materia.
FF8 - Probably the most abusable of any FF game.
FF9 - Pretty easy, didn't see any way to stack the deck and make it super easy.. was reasonably hard... but also easy.
FFX - hard so far, but I haven't learned the abusable tricks yet. Difficult to understand the ability system.

TurkSlayer
06-16-2006, 08:23 PM
FFX - hard so far, but I haven't learned the abusable tricks yet. Difficult to understand the ability system.

Believe me, if you understood the Junction system, this probably won't be hard to understand at all if you pay attention to Rikku's explanation. And believe me, once you understand, you can abuse the hell out of it.

Malboro_Menace
06-17-2006, 06:40 AM
There were only a few bumps in FFX's storyline for me. Oblitzerator, Seymour (Mt Gagazet) and the Spectral Keeper.

But if your not a noob and you actually attempt the dark aeons without using Zanmato, then you will find it fairly more difficult. Penance is especially difficult. And Dark Bahamut.

Eiko Guy
06-17-2006, 07:59 AM
considering the fact that this has the most sticky threads about help it must be pretty hard

Goldenboko
06-17-2006, 09:54 PM
The battle system is just soooooo abusable though! You can predict and entire match... oh and for all those having trouble with FFX use only three characters it makes them grow very fast instead of wasting time trainning everyone and ending up only using a certain party at the very end...
That made all storyline battles a snap

Zeromus_X
06-18-2006, 12:42 AM

The truth revealed.

Why did you quote me? >_>

kikimm
06-18-2006, 01:52 AM
Really, VIII was? That was the hardest one, if you ask me. But then, I never really did get the hang of the Junction system.

Yeah, if you didn't know what you were doing with it, it could be pretty hard - but only at the end. You can totally suck and manage all the way up to Adelm and then you're pretty much screwed.

FFX was really easy for the most part, but FFVII was even easier. I had no trouble with that game. I mean, I probably did, it's been awhile since I beat it, but I don't remember getting upset at anything so. :monster:

Dell
06-18-2006, 05:30 AM

The truth revealed.

Why did you quote me? >_>

DK say he beat FFII with Level 55 character, but then you say "You don't level up in FFII". So the truth revealed and you know what I'm trying to say.

crayzee gamr
06-24-2006, 05:50 PM
FF1 was the easiest for me.

Captain Maxx Power
06-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Four letters: FF:MQ.

Jessweeee♪
06-24-2006, 06:44 PM
FFVIII was by far the easiest. It's about as easy as X untill you get the Ragnarok. Then you can reach the good draw points and you can easily max out every stat. Junction Ultima to your elemental defense and all the defensive magic you can to Status defense and the only formiddable opponent in the entire game is Omega Weapon.

Evolavas
06-26-2006, 04:13 AM
I thought it was rather easy, but i think FFIX is the easiest.
~{Hardest -> Easiest}~/ out of the ones I have played.

1. FFVII
2. FFX-2
3. FFVII
4. FFX
5. FFIX

daggertrepe
06-26-2006, 05:15 PM
With Jecht at the end? No friggn' way!

FFVI was the hardest for me-I could never get past that Sabin/blitz part. Then VIII, then X, then VII, and IX was easy for me cuz I'm a MASTER at IX! :D

TurkSlayer
06-27-2006, 02:56 AM
FFVIII was by far the easiest. It's about as easy as X untill you get the Ragnarok. Then you can reach the good draw points and you can easily max out every stat. Junction Ultima to your elemental defense and all the defensive magic you can to Status defense and the only formiddable opponent in the entire game is Omega Weapon.

You serious? I really was an idiot with the Junction system. I got the Ragnarok and the game got SO MUCH HARDER.

Omni-Odin
06-27-2006, 07:48 PM
I find FFI to be the easiest and Final Fantasy Tactics, if you count it, to be the hardest.

Jessweeee♪
06-27-2006, 10:26 PM
Go to the Islands closest to heaven/hell and equip Enc-None then go to all of the draw points. They fill up very fast so if you go to one island it should fill up by time you're done with the other. If you need your GFs to learn abilities quickly just go to cactuar island.

Ifrit's_Daddy
06-28-2006, 09:29 PM
i'd say X isnt the easiest simply based on the Seymour fight on Mt. Gagazet. dunno about anyone else but on my first playthrough it took me AGES to beat him!!

Jessweeee♪
06-28-2006, 09:34 PM
My first time through I got stuck at the first seymore battle, but after that i never got stuck anywhere for very long. as for the gagazet battle, you need a little luck too. (i don't mean in the game)

Peter_20
06-28-2006, 09:38 PM
I think Final Fantasy 6 is the easiest one.
I could breeze through that game TWICE a day if I wanted to! :D

Topcat
06-28-2006, 10:22 PM
Final fantasy 6 easy?! I found it really hard, and i still havn't completed it.:(

Yeah X is pretty easy, its got a very linear narrative so you can't really get lost and from what i remember the boss battles were not that bad.

ValiantKnight
06-28-2006, 11:52 PM
I've often heard FF:MQ was the easiest... something about fullheal after every battle and no game over?
But personally never played it.

Not sure about Tactics getting the vote for hardest... oh wait.. yeah I am. :)

Level up early... die to black and red chocobos because of lack of equipment/lack of range abilities.... but win story battles.
Don't level up.... random battles are ok, but you get murdered in story battles.

And long!... played it 120hrs + and barely beat the game.. got a good bit of the secret/extras but it would take years to get everything... if memory serves... were some quite rare stuff, and battles take forever.

Peter_20
06-29-2006, 02:28 AM
Final fantasy 6 easy?! I found it really hard, and i still havn't completed it.:(

Yeah X is pretty easy, its got a very linear narrative so you can't really get lost and from what i remember the boss battles were not that bad.Well, once you complete it, you'll start thinking it gets easier and easier. :D
The final boss is so easy you can kill him with one attack with the right preparations: LOCKE, Atma Weapon, ValiantKnife, Offering and Genji Glove.

Hearts
07-07-2006, 01:49 PM
Well, there isn't really a FF that is the hardest, common sense. But everyone has their own opinions. I'm really surprised this thread hasn't broke out into a random argument, to be quite honest.

For me, the easiest was FFX-2, and then FFVIII. FFX-2 was just..so simple. You level up pretty quick and the story line is easy and basic. I just got fed up at how girly the game was sometimes. They do a Charlie's Angels type thing in the beginning which I found was kinda amusing.

FFVIII was a basic concept once you got the junctioning system downpat. If you junctioned death to the status effect (eh..that sounds wrong. I'm sleepy. Forgive me if I say something wrong, I just woke up and I only got 4 hours of sleep. -.-) and it should pretty much kill everyone first hit. But if you level up early in the game then you don't even really need that, and battles should go by quicker. Although, it doesn't really take much leveling up in this game...I'm not sure why, but the battle with Adel really got me taking hours the first time. Now I can go by it pretty quick.

BUT, I have to say that in FFVII the final battle took FOREVER!

Zeromus_X
07-07-2006, 02:07 PM
Well, of course the first time you play the games, they'll be challenging. But once you know how to do everything they'll get progressively easier and easier, and once you figure out how to use everything...

Hearts
07-07-2006, 02:12 PM
Well, of course the first time you play the games, they'll be challenging. But once you know how to do everything they'll get progressively easier and easier, and once you figure out how to use everything...

Yup, I agree. That's why FFVIII has gotten so easy for me, I've played it so much that it's gotten to be one of the easiest. I just love the storyline. :)

TiDUS.AHOLiC
07-07-2006, 10:27 PM
Well, to me I have to say that it's the easiest game for me because it's fun and I enjoy every minute of it! :D

Tidus1438
07-07-2006, 11:44 PM
No, I don't think FFX is the easiest final fantasy game.... Well sometimes I get stuck, but of course, the first time through always has problems doesn't it?

I've played harder ones, usually its the Multi Disc FF's. (Like VII and IX)

TiDUS.AHOLiC
07-07-2006, 11:49 PM
No, I don't think FFX is the easiest final fantasy game.... Well sometimes I get stuck, but of course, the first time through always has problems doesn't it?

I've played harder ones, usually its the Multi Disc FF's. (Like VII and IX)
I did have problems with it the first time, because I didn't understand anything about the game. So, basically just keep on slicing and diceing. LOL.

Numb
07-13-2006, 01:49 AM
I find that FF10 was easy, in my opinion i think because of that battle thing on the top right of the screen that shows you the turns of each character

but i still haven't finished the other ones so i can't actually compare between other final fantasies :D

TidusMaster
07-20-2006, 05:18 AM

yes, same here! I cant beat that damn Yunalesca!:mad2: