PDA

View Full Version : OH NOES STAFF TAKEN HOSTAGE!

Dignified Pauper
06-15-2006, 02:55 AM
As an Eyes on staff -- Yes “staff”, not “Staff”. Get it right. -- member, I've seen abuse on the part of the knights and admins for a long time now. Recently, however, the situation has escalated to the point where I was admined under the condition that I would not add The Pimp smiley to the smiley list here. I accepted reluctantly because, well I thought I would have my revenge, but instead we have admins who find some sort of perverted amusement in adding whatever words they feel like to the filter. It doesn't stop there either. While I'm bound from adding The Pimp and his presence to the Eyes on smiley list, other admins just casually open the cp and add whatever smiley or post icons they want.

Well, you know what? I've had enough! I'm here to tell all of you that I'm officially holding Eyes on and its staff hostage. Any non-essential changes to the layout or look of the forums will not be tolerated. This includes adding smilies, post icons, new style sets, etc. Any admin found trying to subvert my hostage-taking abilities will be dealt with. I also call out to the members of the Eyes on Final Fantasy community to PM me if they find any changes similar to the ones listed above. I will no doubt be too lazy to look for those changes myself. This will last as long as it needs to until The Pimp is installed at its proper place here at our beloved community.

Thank you for your time and enjoy the show.

This is Public Service Announcement 63 and this time, it looks serious. Yams would never put the effort and work into making TWO whole paragraphs if he were not serious. WHAT WILL WE DO!?

Hawkeye
06-15-2006, 02:56 AM
Absolutely nothing.

escobert
06-15-2006, 02:57 AM
OMG

Christmas
06-15-2006, 02:58 AM
Indeed.

Madonna
06-15-2006, 03:00 AM
Help out Yams, most likely, because he asked for it.
I also call out to the members of the Eyes on Final Fantasy community to PM me if they find any changes similar to the ones listed above.

escobert
06-15-2006, 03:00 AM
wait, does this mean I can make spam threads without being drunk tanked for days!?

Tavrobel
06-15-2006, 03:03 AM
As long as you don't add a swear to the filter or add your own smiley, I think he'll let you do anything.

Fonzie
06-15-2006, 03:04 AM
Well that just grand buddy. You have my support.

Dignified Pauper
06-15-2006, 03:07 AM
Won't somebody please think of the Loony BoB and Leeza tied up and stuffed in a room!?

Hawkeye
06-15-2006, 03:08 AM
Now there's an intresting idea.

escobert
06-15-2006, 03:09 AM
except that Leeza already closed one my threads AFTER she had been a hostage! I demand the thread be re-opend!!!!!!!!11!!!!!!

Tavrobel
06-15-2006, 03:11 AM
But she's tied to a chair. She can't reopen it anymore! You must get to Yams to free Leeza!

Dignified Pauper
06-15-2006, 03:13 AM
But she's tied to a chair. She can't reopen it anymore! You must get to Yams to KILL Leeza!

yes, only then will the curse be lifted on your thread and Aeris resurrected!

Tavrobel
06-15-2006, 03:16 AM
OMG I didn't even think about Aeris! But there is little hope left!

We must hurry and STOP Yams, before he enforces his position!

You know he's going to go after the young ones first!

Oh, my, GOD! HE'S GOING TO KILL MIRIEL!

THINK OF DEL MURDER! SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF DEL MURDER!

KentaRawr!
06-15-2006, 03:18 AM
Darn. Pepper should have let me bring my blaster. :(

http://www.raretopia.com/games/gcn/starfoxadventures/defeatenemy.jpg

Hawkeye
06-15-2006, 03:21 AM
This is a horrible spam thread.

Leeza
06-15-2006, 03:23 AM
I agree. :cat:

Loony BoB
06-15-2006, 10:21 AM
Won't somebody please think of the Loony BoB and Leeza tied up and stuffed in a room!?
Kinky. ;)

Yamaneko
06-15-2006, 05:34 PM
Why was this thread closed? It has a legitimate topic. Discuss how unfair it is that I can't add a smiley of my choice, but have to watch my peers add whatever they feel like.

I'm about this close* from removing those dreaded kao smilies.

*You can't see it, but I was motioning a small distance from my thumb to my index finger in order to portray that I'm very close.

Tavrobel
06-15-2006, 05:39 PM
Umm, I'll venture a guess...

Is it very unfair?

*wrong*
*/me is scaled with burning hot water*

Denmark
06-15-2006, 05:43 PM
it is very unfair. :ezp<x>imp: is legendary. the majority of these fools were just never part of Aiyon. the first time, mullet.

Meat Puppet
06-15-2006, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't miss the kao smilies.

Denmark
06-15-2006, 05:48 PM
i'd miss probably 5 of the smilies used. the others are overdone.

RSL
06-15-2006, 05:53 PM
This makes me feel sort of bad. I won't ever add any smilies again. I'm sorry Yams :(

Miriel
06-15-2006, 05:54 PM
Good lord, Yamaneko. Do you have to bring everyone down, even RSL? It's RSL! You should be ashamed of yourself.

Dignified Pauper
06-15-2006, 05:59 PM
If Yams has the power to bring down RSL, surely he has the power to do whatever he wants when he wants to and should have the ability of the grand council Staff to do so!

ALL HAIL YAMS!

------------

Then again, who is thinking of the Rubah and Hsu and Phoa and Eestlinc all locked up and tied down against their will... WILL SOMEONE THINK OF THE STAFF?!

Tavrobel
06-15-2006, 06:02 PM
This makes me feel sort of bad. I won't ever add any smilies again. I'm sorry Yams :(

OMG this has gotten out of hand, Yams!
YOU HAVE MADE THE RSL FEEL BAD!

How much more blood will you spill before your mad conquest for power is over!?

YTDN
06-15-2006, 06:04 PM
*hails yams*

starseeker
06-15-2006, 06:09 PM
*hails the king of veg*

Strider
06-15-2006, 06:11 PM
Oh, come on now. Is this really a big deal? The Pimp is overrated, anyway. http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/icons/auron.gif

Yamaneko
06-15-2006, 06:14 PM
HOW DARE YOU?! I'm warning you, mister, such comments will not be tolerated or taken lightly. This is a warning. :mad2:

Maybe it is RSL's fault. I don't even know anymore. The whole world is against me. :shifty:

Sylvie
06-15-2006, 06:16 PM
We need THIS Smiley on here!! http://www.emutalk.net/images/smilies/newsmilies/akuma.gif

Leeza
06-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Oh, come on now. Is this really a big deal? The Pimp is overrated, anyway. http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/icons/auron.gif
I agree. :pimp:

Tavrobel
06-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Clearly, this is blasphemy.

Yamaneko
06-15-2006, 06:24 PM
This doesn't even make sense. Cats don't/shouldn't smoke. We all know pimps smoke. It's like in the job requirements.

Loony BoB
06-15-2006, 07:21 PM
DO IT! You have my backing. And the Fluffy Pink style while you're at it. I also don't really see the big deal with regards to the posticons, as the only one we really should have added was clearly an upside down biggrin because Nicky's posts forever seem slightly off without them.

EDIT: I also don't mind the removal of the smoking cat, as we should not promote smoking to felines, or anyone else.

rubah
06-15-2006, 07:53 PM
Don't you dare touch those kaos.

Loony BoB
06-15-2006, 08:01 PM
I won't! But Yamaneko might, and that would be glorious, and totally not my fault! I approve!

fire_of_avalon
06-15-2006, 08:09 PM
The kaos stay. You don't want this fight on your hands, Yamaneko. Maybe we can bargain with Leeza for something else. You can have the Pimp Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, maybe? How's that for a start?

Loony BoB
06-15-2006, 08:18 PM
foa, I'm not sure you're aware, but the pimp is NOT being added. It is non-negotiable. The day the pimp is added is the day that Yams is de-adminned, or I run rampage on EoFF, resulting in nothing short of DOOM.

G SpOtZ
06-15-2006, 08:28 PM
This thread turns me on a bit.

Is there a smiley with a whip and some handcuffs?

Leeza
06-15-2006, 08:31 PM
Lose an Admin...gain an Admin. Same difference. :)

I don't care for the Kaos myself and I thought they were already to have been removed, but I think Necro and cl_out would cry if that were to happen. :)

escobert
06-15-2006, 08:32 PM
foa, I'm not sure you're aware, but the pimp is NOT being added. It is non-negotiable. The day the pimp is added is the day that Yams is de-adminned, or I run rampage on EoFF, resulting in nothing short of DOOM.
what is SO bad about the pimp?

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-15-2006, 08:34 PM
Hey, here at EoFF we're all about making people cry.

Shoden
06-15-2006, 08:35 PM
HELL YEAH! It's about fricking time someone did something about them. Kill 'em all Yams, no survivors. Make them all suffer for what they did to PiP, Crash, GBM and DMKA.

G SpOtZ
06-15-2006, 08:37 PM
HELL YEAH! It's about fricking time someone did something about them. Kill 'em all Yams, no survivors. Make them all suffer for what they did to PiP, Crash, GBM and DMKA.
Did THIS at least include a whip and some handcuffs?

Doomie
06-15-2006, 08:38 PM
I hate this thread. :sophia:

Yamaneko
06-15-2006, 08:54 PM
BoB is bluffing. He would never deadmin over something like this. Well he might, but only temporarily because if he was serious about it I know there'd be a thread in staff complaining about it.

Loony BoB
06-15-2006, 09:05 PM
No, I think I was pretty clear in the stipulation of you being admin. Don't add the pimp, or I will de-admin you.

G SpOtZ
06-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Would this not be the right time for a request of a hooker smiley?

Cz
06-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Bo-ring. :redface:

That's meant to be a yawning guy, by the way. It doesn't really work though. Could we have a :yawn: smilie? :D

Dixie
06-15-2006, 09:21 PM
I fear for the smilies. ;_;

KentaRawr!
06-15-2006, 09:34 PM
We need a *snip* smiley. Like, a Cat with a pair of Scizzors. :cat:

I don't like the fact that BoB and Leeza are tied together in the same closet. At least put Kishi in there. >_>

Madonna
06-15-2006, 09:36 PM
DO IT! You have my backing. And the Fluffy Pink style while you're at it. I also don't really see the big deal with regards to the posticons, as the only one we really should have added was clearly an upside down biggrin because Nicky's posts forever seem slightly off without them.Would you risk Shlup leaving if you get rid of Fluffy Puff? I only ask because I know that my leaving is no dissuasion.

drunkymonkey
06-15-2006, 09:37 PM
Yeah, pimps suck. They can't get teh sex so they form a business. Gits.

HOW DARE YOU?! I'm warning you, mister, such comments will not be tolerated or taken lightly. This is a warning. :mad2:

Maybe it is RSL's fault. I don't even know anymore. The whole world is against me. :shifty:Are you crawling in your skin much?

Dignified Pauper
06-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Why not just get rid of smileys period?

Tavrobel
06-15-2006, 11:00 PM
Then you lose the rest of EoFF.

Except me. I've used smilieys, like, once or twice since I've joined.

But no one cares about me.

Old Manus
06-15-2006, 11:03 PM
I thought the staff, in their infinite wisdom, could come up with funnier stuff than the goddamn pimp smilie

G SpOtZ
06-15-2006, 11:08 PM
I thought the staff, in their infinite wisdom, could come up with funnier stuff than the goddamn pimp smilie
Like... a kinky smilie, with whips and handcuffs, right?

Strider
06-15-2006, 11:41 PM

The.

Pimp.

Is.

Overrated.

http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/icons/auron.gif

Sylvie
06-15-2006, 11:46 PM
But... what about the Akuma Smiley? http://www.emutalk.net/images/smilies/newsmilies/akuma.gif

Levian
06-15-2006, 11:47 PM
I'm hating the pimp smilie out of old habit. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/levia/shoat.gif

Yamaneko
06-15-2006, 11:56 PM
This is not humor. Serious business goin' on here, people.

Hawkeye
06-15-2006, 11:58 PM
lol internet

I Took the Red Pill
06-16-2006, 12:02 AM
Who's the Union and who's the Confederacy in this situation?
Hey, I'd love the pimp on here, but it's no big deal to me if it's not on here. Of course the problem doesn't involve me, it involves Yams, who's angry on principle.

Samuraid
06-16-2006, 12:12 AM
Something most people forget:
There is nothing stopping anyone from using the pimp smiley in their own posts! You can always (as with any smiley that EoFF doesn't host) host it on photobucket or your own webspace and simply use an tag to put it in your posts. :p

And thus you can have your pimp smiley and Yams gets to retain his administrator position.

Levian
06-16-2006, 12:13 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/levia/flower.gif

G SpOtZ
There is nothing stopping anyone from using the pimp smiley in their own posts! You can always (as with any smiley that EoFF doesn't host) host it on photobucket or your own webspace and simply use an tag to put it in your posts. :p

And thus you can have your pimp smiley and Yams gets to retain his administrator position.
Oh gawd. Feed the fire.

Dixie

And thus you can have your pimp smiley and Yams gets to retain his administrator position.You have saved the day...I think. ^_^ Yay the smilies live on!

EDIT: Or not...;_;

I Took the Red Pill
06-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Fine, then from now on I use Cosmo Kramer as a rather large pimp smiley. http://www.xhaven.net/prismaticlabs/Downloads/KramerThePimp.jpg

Yamaneko
06-16-2006, 12:16 AM
Sam: That's not the point. The point is that I'm right and BoB is wrong for keeping The Pimp down. Also, most people, i.e. me, are too lazy to remote link to The Pimp.

Psychotic
06-16-2006, 12:18 AM
I'll support the addition of the pimp if it means the removal of the kaos. And the return of the real :rock: smiley.

Also, Yham!, it's very inconsiderate of you not to thoroughly rinse your gagballs before inserting them into people's mouths.

Samuraid
06-16-2006, 12:19 AM
The laziness part is true. But I do remember clearly reading that your were adminned as long as you didn't add the pimp smiley. :p

And although I respect BoB (and other's) wishes, I do secretly dislike the kao smileys and consider the pimp smiley far better addition to the current smileys. :mwahaha:

Dixie
06-16-2006, 12:23 AM
I'd love to give you my link to The Pimp smiley, but I'm very afraid to. And I don't want you to be deadmined.

Loony BoB
06-16-2006, 12:28 AM
The laziness part is true. But I do remember clearly reading that your were adminned as long as you didn't add the pimp smiley. :p

And although I respect BoB (and other's) wishes, I do secretly dislike the kao smileys and consider the pimp smiley far better addition to the current smileys. :mwahaha:
I have regularly called for the removal of such kao smilies and would happily look the other way if another admin would happen to accidentally remove them, as with the fluffy puff style. We don't need to add anything in order to take them away.

If someone was to add the pimp smiley, not only would I de-admin them and remove it, but I would also add every single smiley there is at Aiyon in retaliation.

Yamaneko
06-16-2006, 12:31 AM
No one gave you the authority to stop any of this. :mad2:

Doomie
06-16-2006, 12:38 AM
I get it. Yams wants to retire from staff, so this is just some big drama to make him go out in style! Good show, old chap!

SammieBabe
06-16-2006, 12:45 AM
I get it. Yams wants to retire from staff, so this is just some big drama to make him go out in style! Good show, old chap!

That, or since April's Fools kinda stunk, they're trying to get us now...;)

Samuraid
06-16-2006, 12:48 AM

If we are, it must be so secret that even we don't know what we are doing. :p

SammieBabe
06-16-2006, 12:57 AM

Or lying...But who knows?...:D

G SpOtZ
06-16-2006, 01:03 AM
I blame politics.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f179/Kitzulu/pimp.gif

Credits to Squishy ;)

-N-
06-16-2006, 03:05 AM
I'm on your side Yams! (strangely enough)

bipper
06-16-2006, 03:11 AM

Are you insinuating you all EVER know what you are doing? :tongue:

Bipper

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-16-2006, 03:56 AM
Well, I think that...

Ah screw it, I'm just going to go back to deleting spam posts and overlarge signatures. It's much simpler that way.

Dignified Pauper
06-16-2006, 03:57 AM

Are you insinuating you all EVER know what you are doing? :tongue:

Bipper

I think Bipper has made the strongest point on the matter.

Jojee
06-16-2006, 04:09 AM
DO IT! You have my backing. And the Fluffy Pink style while you're at it. I also don't really see the big deal with regards to the posticons, as the only one we really should have added was clearly an upside down biggrin because Nicky's posts forever seem slightly off without them.

EDIT: I also don't mind the removal of the smoking cat, as we should not promote smoking to felines, or anyone else. Don't you dare touch the fluffy puff theme and disrespect Shlup's greatest achievement as admin! :choc:

And if you remove the kaos please bring back the pandas :</>D Those were better.

KentaRawr!
06-16-2006, 04:43 AM
:pimp:

That smiley makes me think of a movie starring Raistlin. n_n Thus we must keep it.

DarkLadyNyara
06-16-2006, 09:34 AM
Why not just get rid of smileys period?
HERETIC!!! *grabs rope*

drunkymonkey
06-16-2006, 01:13 PM
So, are the staff still hostages or has the bad man been shot yet?

crono_logical
06-16-2006, 02:59 PM
No, but the kaos are staying and the pimp smilie's staying away :kaoplain:

Hmm, maybe I could consider restoring the rock smilie to the real rock one though :p

Shoden
06-16-2006, 03:54 PM
When's the actual rebellion going to start? Start with the pimp, unban PiP, and then turn EoFF into a homefront and we'll commit e-suicide and live happily ever after in the archives and #eoff. Wow, this stuff will get an oscar!

starseeker
06-16-2006, 04:55 PM
I don't get what the problem is. Its a goddamn smilie for fuck's sake.

Madame Adequate
06-16-2006, 06:05 PM
I don't get what the problem is. Its a goddamn smilie for smurf's sake.

Clearly you do not understand the infinite majesty of The Pimp.

Also, I believe something like this was requested: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Auricom/whipit.gif

G SpOtZ
06-16-2006, 06:53 PM

Also, I believe something like this was requested: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/Auricom/whipit.gif
Ugh, FINALLY! Thanks =]
Wait... Is it just me, or does that whip smiley look a little racist? That's not good at all =\

Skyblade
06-16-2006, 06:56 PM

Ugh, FINALLY! Thanks =]
Wait... Is it just me, or does that whip smiley look a little racist? That's not good at all =\

Not racist. The Smiley being whipped is dead, not a different race.

And if people are taking Smiley requests, I'd like a Dalek smiley... I searched all over the Internet and couldn't find one. :(

starseeker
06-16-2006, 07:17 PM
Then why don't you try and make one?

KentaRawr!
06-16-2006, 07:17 PM
I still say we need a *snip smiley. :pimp:

Skyblade
06-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Then why don't you try and make one?

Because I'm terrible at that sort of thing, and we have so many excellent artists here.

-N-
06-16-2006, 10:59 PM
This is why we need the Feedback Forum. Otherwise it'll just end up in GC.

Hawkeye
06-16-2006, 11:02 PM
This is why we need to ban Neel.

-N-
06-16-2006, 11:04 PM
Join the crowd, kid.

Hawkeye
06-16-2006, 11:07 PM
lol internet

G SpOtZ
06-16-2006, 11:11 PM
This is why we need to ban Neel.
Pshhh, nah, Neel's cool.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-16-2006, 11:12 PM
Yameneko is one little man, and all of the staff have supposedly been taken "hostage" by him to not create subversive smilies. His forces are far too small... staff will continue to do whatever they want. Nothing big will come from this.

EDIT: I changed that around a bit. I was a bit vague as to what I meant, and Leeza seems to have thought I meant that I actually thought staff had been taken hostage. Obviously not, I assure you all that I fully read the post and Yamaneko's post from the start. I just meant that he wouldn't stop the staff from creating whatever smilies they wanted, but I realize I was a bit unclear.

Hambone
06-18-2006, 06:01 PM
This thread is making me sad and scared.

Leeza
06-18-2006, 06:11 PM
Yameneko is one little man, and all of the staff have supposedly been taken hostage by him. His forces are far too small. Nothing big will come from this.
*thinks newbies are cute* :)

Yamaneko
06-18-2006, 06:41 PM
I think eest and RSL are the only ones on staff bigger than me. :(

Hawkeye
06-18-2006, 08:55 PM
wtf yams :mad2:

Dignified Pauper
06-18-2006, 09:13 PM
This is why we need the Feedback Forum. Otherwise it'll just end up in GC.