PDA

View Full Version : Dumb FFVII Haters

Goldenboko
06-15-2006, 03:17 AM
I can't take it anymore. I keep hearing from my friend and some internet sites that FFVII is an overrated game, the graphics aren't what they should've been, it strays from the mediveal games of old,the battle system wasn't spectagluar, and that it is only considered very good because it was one of the first FF games to get public attention. I disagree highly! The battle system was fine, why mess with the best? It was their FIRST game with 3-D graphics for the entire game, and so what if it was futuristic your going to say a game wasn't great because of a scene change! Why can't fanboys ever embrace change?

Fonzie
06-15-2006, 03:22 AM
Thier just losers. Ignore them.

daggertrepe
06-15-2006, 03:42 AM
Well, obviously, they are really big idiots because this was the game that made the FFs popular in the first place. The storyline is amazing, the battles are amazing, and the graphics were good for the time! What do they expect?

You have them look at this site-then they'll see. :mad:

Shiny
06-15-2006, 04:03 AM
I can't take it anymore. I keep hearing from my friend and some internet sites that FFVII is an overrated game, the graphics aren't what they should've been, it strays from the mediveal games of old,the battle system wasn't spectagluar, and that it is only considered very good because it was one of the first FF games to get public attention. I disagree highly! The battle system was fine, why mess with the best? It was their FIRST game with 3-D graphics for the entire game, and so what if it was futuristic your going to say a game wasn't great because of a scene change! Why can't fanboys ever embrace change?
I agree it has been getting overrated but that's because of some of Sephiroth fanboys/girls. People who say the graphics sucked obviously don't realize that this game was made in the 1990's. It would be boring to have a mediveal game all the time. FF should be sometimes futuristic and sometimes mediveal like it has been. The Battle system was fine. It was much better than 8's (GF's grrrr). Fanboys/girls can't embrace change because they're closeminded and probably only like games that have sappy love stories with dancing, and trains, and girls in little clothing and AND stuff. Yeah... if they don't fit into that group then it's probably because they like a game in between 1-6,9,10 more. Which is perfectly fine.

Setzer Gabianni
06-15-2006, 07:11 AM
What a lame ass thing to say - oh, it's the fangirls fault, oh, they're such a disgrace. Please, how many Sephiroth fangirls do you see sprawling the forums these days, blatantly advertising themselves as Seffy luvars? Hardly any, theyre all too quiet. If we are going to blame Sephiroth fangirls, let's blame Cloud ones too. Where's your statistics to say Sephiroth fangirls are the cause? You're also targetting fanboys/fangirls again - stop doing that will you? You don't know how half the population of fangirls/fanboys to make a statement like that. Not all fanboys/fangirls are the same. Sheesh. I'm done ranting. :D

~Setzer Gabianni

boys from the dwarf
06-15-2006, 07:25 AM
this game was my 3rd or 4th favourite FF. its not overrated. quite a large majority of FF fans dont have it as their favourite FF. this site has had over 30 threads about how overrated FF7 is but their all pointless. its not overrated and thats final.

TheAbominatrix
06-15-2006, 08:24 AM
I see it as more of a problem that fans cant accept that not everyone likes their game.

Under/overrated is not fact. It's an opinion. Let people have their opinions. The reason people despise FFVII fans so much is because so many of them act like this, getting upset that people dont think VII is the greatest game ever, or even people who only think it's mediocre. It clearly matters not how these people present their arguments, if they simply say "You know, I really feel VII was overrated. It just didnt do it for me." they're automatically railed by people, called stupid, called haters, and sluffed off.

Why is it that your opinion is more 'right' than anyone else's?

blue phoenix
06-15-2006, 10:37 AM
yup all about opinion, but i do despair at how some people say

"you only like it, because its the most famous!"

and FF6 fans feel all proud to be a different band not like us populist ff7 slobs. THEY know the truth, and we FF7 fans are just all newbie idiots.

its that attitude which is frustrating

~SapphireStar~
06-15-2006, 12:49 PM
It is my second fav FF :D Started replaying it last night with my boyfriend and the memories come flooding back! I hate it when people slate its graphics, its 9 years old! Back in the day, these graphics were cool and I still love them. The materia system is fun, I prefer junction and the OST is one of the best next to FF8s.

There are some fans that can go OTT with Sephy and Cloud, but if thats who you want to worship, go ahead. People may think its overrated due to the fact that its spinning off games and merchandies. SE are a company and if somethings making money the first time round, why not do it all again? Thats what happens in the world.

Dell
06-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Just ignore them. Every people have their own opinion.

I'm an FFVII fanboy, but that's not mean I'm like the others fanboys/girls, open your minds, every people is different, not all fanboys/girls think the same.

The battle system is great. The graphic was good back in the old day. Of course, FFVII storyline and character didn't make sense a bit. But I still think FFVII is a great game.

I play other FF, and I know some of them are better than FFVII, but I don't know why.......whenever I put other FF over FFVII, I feel uncomfortable.......maybe because FFVII introduced me to FF.

Oh yeah, I'm not just a fans of FFVII, I also like IX, VI and IV. But FFVII is my favourite among all FF.

FF_Chick
06-15-2006, 09:17 PM
I hate the game because most of the people hate FFIII, V, VI, and IX. And they love FFVII. So there is my reason.

Medi
06-15-2006, 09:24 PM
I don't hate the game. Some parts of it I don't like, but I loved the storyline and really got into it, and the gameplay and materia system were fun to work with as well. But it is a bit over-rated. IMO

Shiny
06-15-2006, 09:42 PM
I see it as more of a problem that fans cant accept that not everyone likes their game.

Under/overrated is not fact. It's an opinion. Let people have their opinions. The reason people despise FFVII fans so much is because so many of them act like this, getting upset that people dont think VII is the greatest game ever, or even people who only think it's mediocre. It clearly matters not how these people present their arguments, if they simply say "You know, I really feel VII was overrated. It just didnt do it for me." they're automatically railed by people, called stupid, called haters, and sluffed off.

Thankyou. I love this game, but it is overrated. If you don't think it then that's you. But, I'm being honest. It's the crazed fans that usually drive people away from this game. It seems everytime someone says that they didn't like something about an FF that's their favorite people immeadately go "no ur wrong it's perfect u teh suxorrz!!!!" However, saying that the game sucks and was bad altogether...then I could see why people would comment. Because it is a good game.

Goldenboko
06-15-2006, 09:56 PM
I see it as more of a problem that fans cant accept that not everyone likes their game. ...
Stop trying to make what I said be more then it appears. I understand that some people aren't going to like the game. But they shouldn't hate it for stupid reasons like "Its not medieval" or "The graphics suck". I'm just saying that fanboys/girls should have at least tried to embrace the game... and I feel that sites (or people for that matter) don't have the authority of saying it shouldn't have been a numbered part of the series. I'm not saying all fanboys think the same I'm saying I'm fed up with all the one's that played the originals 1-6 so they think they're all better then us!

Oh and one more thing isn't a forums site a place to express one's opinion?

~Megalixir~
06-15-2006, 10:25 PM
Did any of the other FFs have a CGI Movie sequel? No?
People who think that its overrated can just shut their holes then.

~SapphireStar~
06-15-2006, 11:00 PM
People who think that its overrated can just shut their holes then.
But people are allowed their own opinions on things. There are choices in this world and people need to accept that everyone wont have the same opinion as others. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean they have to change it. And I know you didnt say that, but you sound like you wouldnt care what others said and wouldnt respect opinions anyway.

Yes it is. But there isnt any need to call people dumb if they dont share the same opinion as you.

Goldenboko
06-15-2006, 11:12 PM
I'm saying their dumb because they are going way too far out of line by saying that a game should be part of the FF series because it isn't Medieval and the graphics sucked (which they didn't). Oh and I apoligize for the title of the thread I didn't mean they where stupid more that they should keep some opinions to themselves... and not go ranting on and on about it on the internet, and to people who know me stop bugging me about it (Impulsion) I enjoyed the game, I think it was done very well, and NOTHING will sway my opinion so please leave me alone about it *Cough Cough* Impulsion *Cough Cough*.

daggertrepe
06-15-2006, 11:34 PM
FFIX is my fav, and I don't call VII overrated. Just because someone likes a game more, doesn't mean the other is overrated. Just tell then that. People have different opinions. :)

But VII is my 2nd fav, so what can I say?

Goldenboko
06-15-2006, 11:37 PM
FFIX is my fav,
Alright! Final Fantasy IX is also my :) favorite FF as well :) !

Orophin
06-15-2006, 11:43 PM
A lot of people think that FFVII fanboys are fans who never played or enjoyed the old school FF (I-VI) and that they only care for FFVII which is not true (well I hope so). I both love the old school FF and the 3D FF games and I really don't understand why there is a war between FF games. A war between Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy is normal but a war between a game of a serie and another one of this serie? WTF!?

Oh, and about the battle system, I think it's the only bad thing about FFVII, well... not bad but least good. The materia system is good but when we had FFVII for the first time, it was kind of weird to only have 3 characters because FFI,II,III,V and VI had 4 and V had 5. It was kind of a letdown but the materia system make it better (hopefully :P)

~SapphireStar~
06-15-2006, 11:46 PM
Goldenboco, no one is trying to sway your opinion or to change your mind. People are just giving you their opinion, no one wants you to change yours. And you cant stop people from ranting on about something.

The Internet is the main place where people can give their own opinions on whatever subjects they chose, but they have to remember that there are people who dont share the same point of view. Your going to encounter people like this for the rest of your life and you are just making it worse for yourself by bad mouthing them.

Psychotic
06-16-2006, 12:40 AM
A lot of people criticise FFVII purely because it is held by the largest amount of FF fans to be the best. Every Final Fantasy game has its own fanboys, but for some reason, FFVII is the one which gets criticised for it, whereas the rabid fans of, say, FFVI, are largely ignored.

But to be honest, I can't see why people dislike a game because they dislike its fans. It makes you no better than the fanboys you profess to hate.

Anyway, if people do want to criticise FFVII (or anything else you like, for that matter), let them. Their dislike doesn't suddenly make the game any worse, so there's really no need to get angry or upset. If you want to debate with them about it, go ahead, just remember that if they ever play the "You're just a mindless Sephy fanboy!" card, you've as good as won.

Goldenboko
06-16-2006, 12:59 AM
Well Psychotic you have a point....
But I just must post that one of my friends actually said he thinks it should have FFVIII's graphics. That is a false statement altogether FFVII was the first game on the PS1 there is no way they could've had made those level graphics as there first 3-D game without sacrificing some other part of the game. Anyone agree?

Levian
06-16-2006, 12:59 AM
Agreed with Psybunny.

Some kinds of people takes distance from stuff purely based on the fact that it's popular.

Ouch!
06-16-2006, 01:08 AM
The way you worded your original post makes you sound just as bad as you're trying to make out "dumb FFVII hates" to be. Many posts in this thread prove that it's just as bad on the pro-FFVII side of the fence. There's always a lot of "your opinion is wrong" crap going on back and forth in whatever argument happens about FFVII. Then again, that happens in arguments about pretty much anything, so it's not really fair to single out the whole FFVII greatness issue.

Personally, I liked FFVII. I liked it a heck of a lot more when I first played it than I do now. FFVII was the first RPG I ever played. Now that I've played more, I don't really feel the same way about it. It's a good game, yeah, so is every other Final Fantasy title (I'll even grudgingly admit that FFVIII was a good game despite how much I despise it), but as far as I'm concerned it's not the best. I don't think FFVII is the epitome of RPG greatness, but anyone has the right to believe that it is if they so choose. Just don't go bashing those agree with you just 'cause they're bashing you. Be the better man, maybe the argument wouldn't sound as dumb then.

Christmas
06-16-2006, 01:15 AM
They hate it because Aeris died and they couldn't revive her.

LOVE ---> GRIEF ---> DESPAIR ---> AGONY ---> ANGER ---> HATE

Shiny
06-16-2006, 01:23 AM
That is a false statement altogether FFVII was the first game on the PS1 there is no way they could've had made those level graphics as there first 3-D game without sacrificing some other part of the game. Anyone agree?
I hate when people complain about FF7's graphics. Someone even stooped so low as to say that "Well, I hate this game it's horrible, because of the graphics." :mad2: Come on! You're right about that though, the graphics were top notch at the time.

LunaticPandora37
06-16-2006, 01:25 AM
I hate the game because most of the people hate FFIII, V, VI, and IX. And they love FFVII. So there is my reason.

yea i agree with that...those games rock my socks!...i also find FFVII really easy..i like ffVII..i do..just not as much as the others

G SpOtZ
06-16-2006, 01:34 AM
They hate it because Aeris died and they couldn't revive her.

LOVE ---> GRIEF ---> DESPAIR ---> AGONY ---> ANGER ---> HATE
I kind of hated Aeris. Kinda glad you couldn't revive her. Haha.

FFVII is my favorite game, and I don't care of anybody hates it. It just depends on their reasoning of why they hate it.

Goldenboko
06-16-2006, 01:35 AM
The way you worded your original post makes you sound just as bad as you're trying to make out "dumb FFVII hates" to be.
I've already apoligized for wording the orginal title incorrectly.
And just to make it official thats not what I ment. I ment that I'm tired of hearing if a game is "overrated" or not. If you enjoyed the game that should be enough.

daggertrepe
06-16-2006, 01:41 AM
FFIX is my fav,
Alright! Final Fantasy IX is also my :) favorite FF as well :) !

I'm glad, cuz FFIX is da BOMB! :cool:

TheAbominatrix
06-16-2006, 01:47 AM
I see it as more of a problem that fans cant accept that not everyone likes their game. ...
Stop trying to make what I said be more then it appears. I understand that some people aren't going to like the game. But they shouldn't hate it for stupid reasons like "Its not medieval" or "The graphics suck". I'm just saying that fanboys/girls should have at least tried to embrace the game... and I feel that sites (or people for that matter) don't have the authority of saying it shouldn't have been a numbered part of the series. I'm not saying all fanboys think the same I'm saying I'm fed up with all the one's that played the originals 1-6 so they think they're all better then us!

Why are those reasons stupid? Because they arent yours? If someone doesnt like games that arent medieval, that's fine. It's their opinion. If someone doesnt like games with bad graphics, that's fine. It's their opinion. It may not be the best reason, but it's theirs.

And yes, forums are a place to express one's opinion. I never said yours was wrong. I said that it's unfair that you're jumping all over someone else's, and then so quick to defend yours. Who cares if they hate VII? Does that effect your enjoyment of the game?

You're calling these people fanboys of the older games, but you're acting like a VII fanboy. That seems very hypocritical.

Again, I'm not saying your opinion on the greatness of VII is wrong. But why are you so quick to jump on those that dislike the game? They dont need to have good reasons, they arent trying to justify themselves to you. Do you need good reasons to like it, or do you just simply like it?

daggertrepe
06-16-2006, 01:49 AM
He's right. If you love the game, you love it. If you hate it, you hate it. What are they gong to do, force you to stop liking it? No! The only person who can stop you from liking the game is yourself. Just ignore them. :)

Goldenboko
06-16-2006, 01:54 AM
Ok, ok sheesh I was just finally getting that out after being bothered by my RPG Buddies about FF7. One more thing I don't think FF7 is "The greatest" I think people just go to hard on it because its so popular.

Ouch!
06-16-2006, 01:57 AM
But whether or not people rag on FFVII because it's popular should be irrelevent to your opinion of the game. It shouldn't bother you. Let them have their opinions. It's not like you have to force so much of your attention and energy on them to the point where you need to complain about it on a forum. The fact that you continue to say how much people calling a game overrated and disliking it for being popular bothers you only proves that you care way too much about it.

Goldenboko
06-16-2006, 02:02 AM
k, k, I got it when they told me you don't need to also.

daggertrepe
06-16-2006, 03:04 AM
Ok, ok sheesh I was just finally getting that out after being bothered by my RPG Buddies about FF7. One more thing I don't think FF7 is "The greatest" I think people just go to hard on it because its so popular.

I understand. I'm sorry.

atlanteay
06-16-2006, 03:41 AM
a lot of fanboys/fangirls bash ff7 because many people like it and not many people like what they like so they try to bash it with all their might with excuses such as the graphics are terrible. Well yes it is terrible if you compare it to the games we have now but back then it was amazing. Besides, do these opinions ever make you feel that maybe ff7 isn't the best? I know i haven't. I just forget about what they say because ff7 is still a good game and no one can change my mind about it.;)

I love ff8 (my fav) and i've heard tons of people going on about squall is such a Cloud clone, Rinoa is annoying, and etc... it never bothered me. Sure, i felt very pissed that people are bashing my favorite game with such rude comments but it's their opinion and i can't change that because not everyone have the same opinions. So screw those who trash ff7. Bash it all they want but it's still one of the only games with 2 prequals and 2 sequals. I don't see any other ff game like that. So don't let anyone's opinions get to you.:)

it's ok that your topic title is not correct. It made many people come here to share their thoughts about the subjects so it's alright. ;)

I hope i don't offend anyone with my thoughts and opinions.:( I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong, i am here to state my thoughts:D

TheAbominatrix
06-16-2006, 05:15 AM
That's fine. It's just unfair that you have to make excuses for their opinion, where yours is just valid just because it's yours. :)

Lychon
06-16-2006, 06:13 AM
Final Fantasy VII is overrated. It was simply a precursor to the greatest game ever made, which is Final Fantasy VIII. And just to be perfectly clear on this, Final Fantasy 8 completely and utterly massacres Final Fantasy 7 in every single collation.

-LYCHON

P.S. :D

escobert
06-16-2006, 10:22 AM
I to this day think the materia system is the ebst magic system of any RPG I've played.

ScottNUMBERS
06-16-2006, 10:51 AM
People just get pissy because of all the hype, they are oblivious to FFVII's supreame charm.

daggertrepe
06-16-2006, 03:58 PM
Final Fantasy VII is overrated. It was simply a precursor to the greatest game ever made, which is Final Fantasy VIII. And just to be perfectly clear on this, Final Fantasy 8 completely and utterly massacres Final Fantasy 7 in every single collation.

-LYCHON

Wrong. FFIX completely and utterly massacres Final Fantasy 7 and 8 in every single collation. :D But VII was great also, and VIII was ok...

But, different opinions are always welcomed! :D

Dell
06-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Most of FF fans:

1. Love FF First Gen., FFIX and little love to PS2 FF. Hate FFVII, FFVIII
2. Love FFVII, FFVIII, FFX. Hate FF First Gen., FFIX.
3. Other type of fans who likes and hates.
4. Successful FF Fans (Like all FF)

Of course, I can't say I'm successful fans, I have a little anger to FFX (not X-2).

I'm sorry if I offended anyone and I'm sorry if I'm wrong.

For me, I never hate FF First Generation, it's just FFVII is my first RPG, first game, first love, right? FFIX impress me, FFIX=2nd Favourite FF.
Eventhough, many people hate FFX-2, I never really hate it, I like it (not that slut factors). I like Mission, DS, GG and Completion. Then again, it's all about opinion, everyone is different.

I didn't hate FFIII, FFV, FFVI and FFIX. :) I really like Terra and Rydia!!! To tell the truth, I always think FF First Gen. conquers FF Second Gen. in every aspect except Sounds and Graphics.

blue phoenix
06-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Most ppl, like ff7 but hate FF8 or the other way round.

so did i but ive come to see FF8 as a very good game in its own right. I never really warmed to FF9, whilst playable its definitely not one of the best. FF6 is good, but not really as great as people say. FFX is in my opinion the second best FF, but can appear too linear.

But its all personal opinion. and a lot of it my boil down to the first FF you personally played.

Hayabusa
06-16-2006, 06:52 PM
Just yesterday my friend and I were seeing what reveiws were on www.gamefaqs.com for VII - and we were getting REALLY mad at this one because it was just blatent stupidity- He was just being a whiny bi*ch about graphics and so on and just whining. His post was made...2005 - the game was 1997... - Then there was an other that wasn't rated as high but he had REASON - There is the differens- People who say
"Final Fantasy VII is overrated" - and just say that ARE stupid. They just say that because of the attention it got.
When they have REASON in what the say, it makes their point more plausable.
------------------
And people, Why CARE about HOW popular it is - It was MY first FF - and yes, it's what GOT me into FF. And now, I have gone on to play FF8, 1, 2j, and on the brink of beating 3j. So, doesn't it make you happy that it got us IN to FF then we explore the others? I mean, geez - so what if we weren't there since the beginning. I plan to play THEM ALL. Have you? Just wonderin how many people have.

Griff
06-16-2006, 09:22 PM
I don't think ff7 as a game is overrated, but the storyline is totally overated. Honestly if I had a nickel for everytime a fanboy tried to tell me that the story was flawless and I was just too dumb to understand it, I would be rich.

And while I'm not the biggest fan of the graphics (seriously, where are their mouths?), Quite frankly I don't care about them, and anyone who looks at graphics over fun-factor in a game isn't really a gamer.

escobert
06-16-2006, 09:41 PM
besides the in game character graphics, there was nothing wrong witht em.

Shiny
06-20-2006, 07:18 PM

-LYCHON

FF8 cannot masscare a game that is ranked the most succesful rpg of all time. 8 can not even touch that. Besides the fact that 8 is overrated too. But not in the good way. 8 has never been made into sequels or a movie. In no way is 8 more superior than 7. 7 is good, but 8 is just alright. :D

szetok
06-20-2006, 08:04 PM
My opinion is that 7 was great for its time and is still pretty fun presently but no matter what, its the graphics that matter most because its the graphics is what is most appealing to the consumers. People bash on 7's graphics probably because they've played the PS2's FFs first and after they'ved beaten it, they want more FF's so they turn towards 7/older FF's. I got my girlfriend into FF and she beat 10 first, then 10-2. When I directed her to 7, she felt like quitting even before she got out of Midgar. When I asked her why, she said that the graphics was ugly and she didn't know what the hell was going on in the story. It wasn't til I urged to continue did she start loving the game. Hence, this is why I think that the graphics always get bashed because 7 just doesn't look as "appealing" as the newer FF's.

Anyways, this is just my opinion so please be nice.

~Megalixir~
06-20-2006, 08:18 PM
I don't think ff7 as a game is overrated, but the storyline is totally overated. Honestly if I had a nickel for everytime a fanboy tried to tell me that the story was flawless and I was just too dumb to understand it, I would be rich.

Hm, you could say the graphics are bad (according to today's standards, in any case, it IS 9 years later) but you cant say the story is overrated. Somebody tell me one Square-Enix game that is more popular and has more "sequels" in its compilation, and then maybe I'll believe that the story is a tad bit overrated (even I think some of the parts in the game are unnessecary, ie. the "Mukki Scene". This game's target audince was not a bunch of homosexuals). But, for now, FFVII is number one and will remain number one for awhile...

Shoeberto
06-20-2006, 08:24 PM
Ha, it's a broad generalization, but at least it's a true broad generalization. If anyone's offended by that then it's just because they don't want to admit that they fall into one of those catagories :p

~Megalixir~
06-20-2006, 08:28 PM

Yes, thats true for me...

BUT FIRST GEN RULEZ!!! HOW DARE U PUT THAT IN THERE!

2. Love FFVII, FFVIII, FFX. Hate FFIX and FFXI.

Ahh... thats better

rubah
06-20-2006, 09:15 PM
Why are you guys all judging ff7's success by the number of sequels it has? Can't you see when you're being milked for your money?

Angi-Kaiser
06-20-2006, 09:41 PM
I love FF VII. I just have major problems with FF VII fans who deny that any other FF is good compared to FF VII, and obnoxiously assert that in a broken garble of L337 speek, instant mesenger talk, and english. Can't say I like the whole spin-oof direction the game is taking, but I can deal with that.

Sefie1999AD
06-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Most of FF fans:

I guess I'm part of group 3 or 4. I don't think there's a bad FF, but I think some FFs are a lot better than some others, and some other FFs, while still not bad, just didn't really appeal to me. My favorites are FFVII, FFIX (I guess that rules out groups 1 and 2 for me :D) and probably FFIV. I still like FFs I, III, V, VIII, X-2 and Tactics a lot, I've never played FFXI and probably won't play it either, and the rest are so-so, depending on my mood.

I think someone in this thread said something about people hating FFVII because it's popular to hate it. I guess that could be a reason for some people hating it, although it's not the reason for every FFVII hater, or even most FFVII haters. However, it happens at times. Something becomes so liked that it's popular to like it. Some people don't want to be a part of that big group of "fanboys", so to be different, they bash it instead. After the "fanboy-ism" has lasted long enough, it gets popular to bash the game and all its "fanboys".

Some even dislike the game because of its fans being stupid, which is a bit foolish, but even I'm somewhat guilty of that with some games, for example FFVI. It sure doesn't make me like the game more if FFVI's fans claim FFVI is the best game ever and nobody could seriously disagree, and that FFVII is only a game stupid fanboys and eye candy freaks like. Pot and kettle like calling each other black, I guess. :rolleyes2

The best situation we could reach is that everyone accepts that everybody has their own favorite game, and while we may not necessarily agree with somebody, we can still respect that person's opinions and let him/her enjoy playing his/her favorite games while we enjoy playing our own favorite games. :)

~Megalixir~
06-21-2006, 05:14 PM
Why are you guys all judging ff7's success by the number of sequels it has? Can't you see when you're being milked for your money?

Yes... Thats what I first thought when I heard of AC...

Wait, have you even SEEN Advent Children?

Because if you havent, then see it. Because FFVII would not sell ANY sequels if it was as overrated as some say...

Elpizo
06-21-2006, 05:25 PM
I'm not a VII fanboy, not a VII fann00b and not a FF VII hater. I just think VII is nothing special. It's a Final Fantasy, that's it. There's nothing in the game that really makes it stand out far above all the others. Oh yes, people will of course complain about that sentence! Okay, this game had Sephiroth, he was evil, insane and powerful. (Kefka was too.) Does that make him stand out so far above all the other FF villains? Okay, this game had Cloud with a very big sword. Does that make him stand out far above all other main characters? Okay this game was 3D, but the 3D was not very good. Given, it was the first one, so it cannot be blamed, but IMHO VI looked better than VII. Then we have AC. Personally, I liked AC much more than VII, even though I never finsihed VII, I still understood AC completely.

So VII is a good game, a good Final Fantasy, but it is nothing uber-awesome-special.

I think both the fanboys, fann00bs and haters of VII should learn to respect each others opinions, instead of shouting "It's overrated" or things like that...

~Megalixir~
06-27-2006, 05:23 PM
Ok, my list of points for today.

1) Remove fan from fanboy. What do you get?

2) There are as many fan"boys" as fan"girls", and this constant is true in FFVII

3) Whoever the %$#@ stated the hype about "fanboyz" needs to get a %$#@ing life. Learn to classify people in other ways than social labeling. Gawd.

Alive-Cat
06-27-2006, 05:46 PM
If it's okay for you to say that anyone who thinks FFVII is overrated is dumb, then it's okay for them to say it's overrated in the first place.
You have your opinion and they have theirs, Goldenboco, you old tiger, you! ;)

daggertrepe
06-27-2006, 05:58 PM
No-the real problem is NOT stupid FFVII haters-it's Aeris haters. Lots of people in here treat her like crapolla-and for no reason whatsoever! :mad2:

Doomie
06-27-2006, 06:25 PM
I just didn't like the game. *shrugs* Nothing wrong with that, I guess.

~Megalixir~
06-27-2006, 06:28 PM
No-the real problem is NOT stupid FFVII haters-it's Aeris haters. Lots of people in here treat her like crapolla-and for no reason whatsoever! :mad2:

Yeah... Okay.

daggertrepe
06-27-2006, 07:27 PM

Yeah... Okay.

So what's your special reason for hating her? :mad2:

Omni-Odin
06-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Most people who hate FFVII give up halfway through and don't get the full effect, go into it with a bad opinion, or have heard that it's so good, and....just to be a rebel, say that you didn't like it. THe fact is the more they talk about it, the more popular this game becomes. So, without further adu (spelling), ty FFVII haters. Because of you, you're games are getting less and less popular, and less and less talked about.
-However, I do like every FF game I've ever played.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
06-27-2006, 08:17 PM
I really like FFVII i donīt consider the people who deslike it dumb, i just feel sorry that they had to give money for something they didnīt like:D

And yes I donīt like Aeris.

kikimm
06-28-2006, 07:35 PM
8 has never been made into sequels or a movie.

I think that has more to do with 8 not leaving anything open for people to make a movie about. When 8 ended, it was OVER. There was a lot more you could do with 7, as it left a lot of questions.

SakuraAngel623, relax a little bit. I'm positive that people don't treat Aeris like crap for no reason. Personally, I find her annoying, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear that other people do too.

Jessweeee♪
06-28-2006, 09:30 PM
It was highly overrated, but its still an awesome game. I'm not a big fan of the medevil theme, and a lot of games had sucky graphics at the time.

Shiny
06-28-2006, 11:51 PM
8 has never been made into sequels or a movie.

I think that has more to do with 8 not leaving anything open for people to make a movie about. When 8 ended, it was OVER. There was a lot more you could do with 7, as it left a lot of questions.

True. But that's why I was never really fond of 8's ending(s). It left nothing to the imagination and it just spawned into three different endings. One of them being really unessecary. I think if Square wanted to make sequels of 8 they wouldn't have dragged the ending as long as they did.

Emerald weapon
06-29-2006, 02:05 PM
I dont care wat other people think about FFVII its their own opion and i have mine,to me FFVII is the best rpg ive played but only because of 2 main resaons 1:it was the first rpg game i played 2:it got me into final fantasy,but it is also my opinion tht IX was the worst ff and ano people would jump down my throat for sayin that,but i dont care its my opion,let other people have their own opions k?

daggertrepe
06-29-2006, 05:09 PM
I dont care wat other people think about FFVII its their own opion and i have mine,to me FFVII is the best rpg ive played but only because of 2 main resaons 1:it was the first rpg game i played 2:it got me into final fantasy,but it is also my opinion tht IX was the worst ff and ano people would jump down my throat for sayin that,but i dont care its my opion,let other people have their own opions k?

Actually, I think FFIX was the best, but you probably just like futuristic games. That's ok, tho! :)

Emerald weapon
06-29-2006, 06:19 PM

Actually, I think FFIX was the best, but you probably just like futuristic games. That's ok, tho! :)
see!!thank you Sakura you just let me have my own opion without jumping down my throat!:D
see dude thats what you need to do,let people have their own opions without gettin on thier cases!:)

Diddy21
07-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Graphics arent everything! The game has a solid storyline, great characters, and awesome music! Those FFVII Haters can shove it!

Emerald weapon
07-04-2006, 10:54 AM
lol nicely put

Ryth
07-12-2006, 09:42 PM
People have different opinions, you have to respect that. FFVII wasn't all that great in my own opinion. I found a good many of the FF's better than VII but that is my own opinion. If you think it's better than that, or worse, that is what you think, and I'll respect you for your own opinion and you should respect other people's opinions if they disagree with you, and even if they attack you first. You can think what you want but to call people who disagree with you stupid, haters, dumb, or whatever is rude and wrong. Your opinion isn't any better than their's and you shouldn't treat it like it is total fact that you're right.

daggertrepe
07-12-2006, 09:53 PM

see!!thank you Sakura you just let me have my own opion without jumping down my throat!:D
see dude thats what you need to do,let people have their own opions without gettin on thier cases!:)

You're welcome. But I HATE it when ppl bash Quistis...oh well...what am I gonna do? :(

Ashley Schovitz
07-12-2006, 10:45 PM
of course they're right howcome the graphics are better during the battles bout outside the battles the people look like legos I just can't stand the annoying music, the plot, sephiroth, the whole thing it's just yuk! IX lives forever you're just joining the bandwagon.

~SapphireStar~
07-13-2006, 12:56 AM
What bandwagon? And what ever happened to respecting others opinions?