PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting into a fight soon. Eyes on Final Fantasy... please, help me.

Dr. Casey
06-15-2006, 10:42 AM
Okay, here's the deal. There's no doubt in my mind that I'm going to kick this kid's ass. However, I have trouble when it comes to talking trash. Can you all tell me which of these lines I should and shouldn't use?

A. I'm as powerful as a horse, and I ain't never showed nobody no remorse!

B. The clock right over there says it's four, but I just say it's time to throw you through the door!

C. With none of your friends around, you ain't so tough. You know why they're missing? It's 'cuz I beat them up!

D. I hope you're okay with having to lose, 'cuz when I'm through with you there won't be nothin' left but your shoes!

E. How does it feel to finally be fightin' the guy whose fists are as fast as lightnin'?

blue phoenix
06-15-2006, 10:50 AM
please..say this is a joke.....

just dont speak and punch him.

(i didnt advocate violence!)

Anaisa
06-15-2006, 11:01 AM
All those lines are corny! Truly awful. If you were to speak those lines you really would be talking trash. Why would you want to plan what insults you're going to use on him anyway?

Captain Maxx Power
06-15-2006, 11:37 AM
None of the above. For suitable phrases please refer to any of the Evil Dead movies, namely anything said by Ash.

Craig
06-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Skip the rhymes. Hell, skip the trash talk altogether and just beat him up.

Arcee
06-15-2006, 12:02 PM
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.

~SapphireStar~
06-15-2006, 12:19 PM
By the time you have finished your sentence, that kid would have thrown the first punch. Just smack him, dont talk, fighting isnt about talking.

Giga Guess
06-15-2006, 01:21 PM
I'm gonna go with the zip yer lip crowd.

Roto13
06-15-2006, 01:23 PM
Those lines are... really sad.

No fighting. Grow up instead.

Rye
06-15-2006, 01:24 PM

Did you ever know that you're my heeeeerooooo? :heart:

Roto13
06-15-2006, 01:25 PM

Did you ever know that you're my heeeeerooooo? :heart:
All for you, babe. ;)

drunkymonkey
06-15-2006, 01:32 PM
How appropriate. You fight like a cow.Monkey Island FTW.

And get some new insults, those ones are awesome. Tell your opponent that you hope they get piles so they can't sit down for 5 weeks or something.

Monster Hunt
06-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Stare at him, blurt out bitch quietly, walk away, take stress out on pillow, eat, drink, brush teeth, have a bath to calm down, sleep.

Alternative Option: Play Arkanoid. Blame everything on the ball when you miss it.

Beautiful procedures to avoid fighting... fighting and arguing are loud and bothersome things. What's the point of kicking a kid's ass? *smartarse* Hurt the kid, not his donkey! *smartarse*

Err... anyway do what you want... it was just a suggestion.

Dr. Casey
06-15-2006, 01:37 PM
[QUOTE=Arcee]And get some new insults, those ones are awesome.

I do not understand the logic behind this.

Hawkeye
06-15-2006, 01:39 PM
How about this logic: don't fight.

Christmas
06-15-2006, 01:41 PM
http://www.whatsupbc.info/images/buttons/NO%20VIOLENCE.jpg

Tavrobel
06-15-2006, 01:44 PM
Okay, here's the deal. There's no doubt in my mind that I'm going to kick this kid's ass. However, I have trouble when it comes to talking trash. Can you all tell me which of these lines I should and shouldn't use?

Don't use any of them. Let him do the talking with his mouth.

Let yourself do the talking with the fist. Or legs, or knees, or elbows if you have learned traditional Asian fighting arts.

How about this logic: don't fight.

This quote right here is your best option.

drunkymonkey
06-15-2006, 01:45 PM
I do not understand the logic behind this.AHH QUOTE MASH!

I was referring to the Monkey Island insults. 'Those ones are awesome' see? Not crap 'I'm a rapper lol!!!111!' insults.

bipper
06-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Ash from Evil Dead would be a badass quote; but I have 1 up on that.

"It's time to kick some ass and chew some bubble gum; And I am all outta bubble gum!"

Duke Nukem

No.78
06-15-2006, 02:23 PM

B. The clock right over there says it's four, but I just say it's time to throw you through the door!

C. With none of your friends around, you ain't so tough. You know why they're missing? It's 'cuz I beat them up!

D. I hope you're okay with having to lose, 'cuz when I'm through with you there won't be nothin' left but your shoes!

E. How does it feel to finally be fightin' the guy whose fists are as fast as lightnin'?

lol

drunkymonkey
06-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Lol, if this was any more corny it would be in Cornwall (bad funs FTW!111).

blackmage_nuke
06-15-2006, 02:48 PM
**** you **** ******* ***** Now lets start!

Then just run up and attack before they get to respond

TheSpoonyBard
06-15-2006, 03:01 PM
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but it appears you are unarmed."

-N-
06-15-2006, 03:05 PM

lollol

bipper
06-15-2006, 03:07 PM
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but it appears you are unarmed."

lol; that is what my keychain says.

lollol

lol
And if you use those lines;I hope you get hit pretty hard.

blue phoenix
06-15-2006, 03:08 PM
You could always make option E ten times better by launching into Carl Douglas's Kung fu Fighting, whilst not only singing, but making the tune as well.

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Fight lines are something that has to come from the heart, in the heat of the moment. You can't pre-plan them; they'll sound canned and lame. Just kick the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out of the kid and speak the words that the moment gives you. If it happens to be "My fists feel like corn!", well then, that probably for the better. Not only will you leave him torn and damaged, but he will be perplexed as well. And there's nothing better than a confused cripple.

Chris
06-15-2006, 04:14 PM
Don't fight. I urge you not to fight. You'll never gain anything by beating the crap out of another person. I know, it sounds corny, but its the damn truth. I used to be a mean bully, and only now do I see the consequences of my foolish actions. Trust me, it is not worth demolishing another person for ten minutes of insanity.

Sergeant Hartman
06-15-2006, 04:20 PM

Meanwhile you're on the floor getting owned.

Anaisa
06-15-2006, 04:31 PM

E. How does it feel to finally be fightin' the guy whose fists are as fast as lightnin'? At first I thought these lines were a terrible idea. But come to think of it. If you were to say these lines, the guy would be too busy rolling around on the floor laughing to beat you up. So maybe it's not a bad idea after all.

bipper
06-15-2006, 04:32 PM
At first I thought these lines were a terrible idea. But come to think of it. If you were to say these lines, the guy would be too busy rolling around on the floor laughing to beat you up. So maybe it's not a bad idea after all.

If I was pissed at someone, and they read me poetry, I would have to kill them... twice.

Anaisa
06-15-2006, 04:45 PM
At first I thought these lines were a terrible idea. But come to think of it. If you were to say these lines, the guy would be too busy rolling around on the floor laughing to beat you up. So maybe it's not a bad idea after all.

If I was pissed at someone, and they read me poetry, I would have to kill them... twice.
Poetic justice. :laughing: That is such a terrible joke, I possibly deserve to have my own face smacked.

Dixie
06-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Don't fight. Just don't. You'll realize later in life, even if you are called a wimp, you made a good choice.

bipper
06-15-2006, 04:54 PM

Poetic justice. :laughing: That is such a terrible joke, I possibly deserve to have my own face smacked.

I lol'ed. And, imo, fighting is fine. You can learn alot in a fight! Just don't get carried away, and if you win, show your opponent some class, and don't rub it in his face. The strongest and best does not always win. So don't expect the same results time after time.

Bipper

War Angel
06-15-2006, 04:56 PM
Well that's just crap advice. He obviously can't wait 'till he's bigger and stronger - he has to fight now.

Anyway, don't say anything BEFORE the fight... instead, do whatever you want after he's lying on the ground. If you're the one lying on the ground, well... then you probably should've followed that other dude's advice about growing up. Grow up, take martial art lessons, and THEN go kick his arse. Yus.

kidney / theif
06-15-2006, 05:11 PM
Meanwhile you're on the floor getting owned.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Yeah, your best bet is just not to fight at all. If you do get in a fight, please don't use those lines.

Sylvie
06-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Just beat the crap out of him. I learned a few things. If he starts talking trash with you, say: "When people talk to me like that, it kinda gets me pissed off." And then just knock thel living /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out him. Those lines suck, they are probably the corniest lines I ever heard. So please, do not use those lines.

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-15-2006, 05:38 PM
One thing I've learned in life is that most people who say "Don't fight it's stupid and dum :( :(:(" can't fight in the first place.
It's cute, really.

Roto13
06-15-2006, 05:41 PM
Well that's just crap advice. He obviously can't wait 'till he's bigger and stronger - he has to fight now.
Please be kidding.

War Angel
06-15-2006, 05:55 PM
Please be kidding.
I'm kidding in the sense that I knowingly perverted your words. I am all up for someone's right to defend themselves physically, or through any other reasonable means they choose to use.

Jess
06-15-2006, 05:59 PM
I think saying all of those lines would make you look hardcore. :laugh:

Ouch!
06-15-2006, 06:03 PM
If it happens to be "My fists feel like corn!", well then, that probably for the better.

As long as he doesn't say something like "give me the butter, baby." D=

Resha

E. How does it feel to finally be fightin' the guy whose fists are as fast as lightnin'? At first I thought these lines were a terrible idea. But come to think of it. If you were to say these lines, the guy would be too busy rolling around on the floor laughing to beat you up. So maybe it's not a bad idea after all.
And once again, Anaisa stuns me with her ingenuity. She's right. 100%. You try any of those lines and with any luck the kid'll rupture his gut laughing before you start fighting. An easy win. :D

bipper
I think saying all of those lines would make you look hardcore. :laugh:

Only if you wear pink and flap your arms arround like a power ranger. I would be impressed :p

Yamaneko
06-15-2006, 06:04 PM
There's something wrong about all of this, but I won't say that fighting is "dum" because sometimes you just have to. It better be a good reason, though.

"Laughing time is ovah."

Dignified Pauper
06-15-2006, 06:05 PM
I'd play some Escape from Monkey Island and the Curse of Monkey Island if I were you. These have great insults. in fact, an entire list can be found here (http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=694447)

You'll have to change them so they suit a one-sided insult battle.

Roto13
06-15-2006, 06:35 PM
Please be kidding.
I'm kidding in the sense that I knowingly perverted your words. I am all up for someone's right to defend themselves physically, or through any other reasonable means they choose to use.
I've never seen anyone in a fist fight that wasn't some penis-wagging, bone-headed, wannabe alpha-male, but ok.

Sylvie
06-15-2006, 06:37 PM
Please be kidding. I'm kidding in the sense that I knowingly perverted your words. I am all up for someone's right to defend themselves physically, or through any other reasonable means they choose to use. I've never seen anyone in a fist fight that wasn't some penis-wagging, bone-headed, wannabe alpha-male, but ok.

xD theres a bunch of people like that where I am. I would only fight if someone hit me, planning fights is retarded.

bipper
06-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Planning a fun fight woould be fine imo :love:

Sylvie
06-15-2006, 06:50 PM
I think its dumb because its pointless. Basically, you beat the crap out of them on the spot or you leave it, in my book.

War Angel
06-15-2006, 07:00 PM
I've never seen anyone in a fist fight that wasn't some penis-wagging, bone-headed, wannabe alpha-male, but ok.
Violence is a natural part of human existence. Western society usually tries to bring it to a minimum.. but it doesn't always work. God knows I always try to talk my way out of things (and I'm pretty good at it, too), but sometimes the person you're talking to is the kind of person you described, and you have no choice but to defend yourself and\or those close to you.

A person must always be ready to defend what he values.

bipper
06-15-2006, 07:00 PM
I think its dumb because its pointless. Basically, you beat the crap out of them on the spot or you leave it, in my book.

I think that is even worse, as you are making a serious disision on the fly. If you are going to fight over a petty issue, walk away. If you are going to fight cause the kid will not respect your (or someone else's) boundries, and it is the last resourt, plan a fight if you can. Grab some spotters, and play by the rules :) If you have somthing to prove that is.

Otherwise, "for fun" as I mentioned is more of a spar.

Skyblade
06-15-2006, 07:02 PM
I, for one, will not suggest that you don't fight. You seem to have already settled in your mind that you are going to fight, and I doubt that any amount of hippy "give peace a chance" lines will change your mind. If you're going to fight, that's that. However, if you have a planned out fight with this guy, I would like to make a few suggestions. First, don't wait until the designated time. This isn't an official duel or a nice fisticuffs match. Screw the Marquis of Queensberry, the point is to win. It may not be nice or polite, but you're trying to pound the kid, not invite him to dinner. Get the jump on him, fight dirty, and don't stop until he can't walk away. Because, if you do pound him, I can almost guarantee that he won't stop unless you stop him. Don't just pin him and walk away, because he'd be attacking you from behind in about half a second. Or, he'll call his friends later and jump you in a back alley (and if anything should convince you not to fight, it's that, because I doubt you're good enough to take on a half dozen people). So hurt him, hurt him a lot, and make sure he's not going to be moving for half an hour, then walk away slowly. If you run, you might get jumped right there. BTW, that's why I suggested not waiting for the designated time. If you do this as an organized match, there will almost certainly be spectators or friends he's brought along, and not all of them might be happy with you pounding the stuffing out of their friend (especially if none of your friends are going to be there). Attack him at a time of your choosing, and don't stop until he's down. Oh, and don't be afraid to use weapons if you have to, or to carry them afterwards if you think he and his buddies might try to get revenge on you.

Don't bother with trash talking, it's a waste of time and energy that could be spent saving your butt in the fight.

Alive-Cat
06-15-2006, 07:14 PM
You know what I think you should do? Here it is:

1. Drive as far as it takes to get to your nearest beach. Once you're at the beach, look for shells.
2. Once you've got shells you get a bottle of coke.
3. Then, you drink it.
4. You go have fun with your shells.
5. You attempt suicide by jumping out of a ground floor window.

So, hopefully now that you have tried something extremely stupid, you will no longer need to fight this kid, as your need to do something stupid is quenched. :)

bipper
06-15-2006, 07:17 PM
I, for one, will not suggest that you don't fight. You seem to have already settled in your mind that you are going to fight, and I doubt that any amount of hippy "give peace a chance" lines will change your mind. If you're going to fight, that's that. However, if you have a planned out fight with this guy, I would like to make a few suggestions. First, don't wait until the designated time. This isn't an official duel or a nice fisticuffs match. Screw the Marquis of Queensberry, the point is to win. It may not be nice or polite, but you're trying to pound the kid, not invite him to dinner. Get the jump on him, fight dirty, and don't stop until he can't walk away. Because, if you do pound him, I can almost guarantee that he won't stop unless you stop him. Don't just pin him and walk away, because he'd be attacking you from behind in about half a second. Or, he'll call his friends later and jump you in a back alley (and if anything should convince you not to fight, it's that, because I doubt you're good enough to take on a half dozen people). So hurt him, hurt him a lot, and make sure he's not going to be moving for half an hour, then walk away slowly. If you run, you might get jumped right there. BTW, that's why I suggested not waiting for the designated time. If you do this as an organized match, there will almost certainly be spectators or friends he's brought along, and not all of them might be happy with you pounding the stuffing out of their friend (especially if none of your friends are going to be there). Attack him at a time of your choosing, and don't stop until he's down. Oh, and don't be afraid to use weapons if you have to, or to carry them afterwards if you think he and his buddies might try to get revenge on you.

Don't bother with trash talking, it's a waste of time and energy that could be spent saving your butt in the fight.

You could win the fight this way, but then you fail at life. If you set it up with the regaurds for saftey in mind for both parties, (I am talkign spotters, no eyegouging and such) you will both come out with your full working bodies, and the looser would have a bruised ego, and effectivley be put in his place. If it was a fight to the death (which it better not be) then I could see getting the jump on him. It seems like this is a childish fight of jest and dignity, so play it as such.

If you win with class, I say you won a lot more than just the fight.

Bipper

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-15-2006, 07:19 PM
Just remember not to smile, as your opponent will recognize it as a form of insecurity.

Roto13
06-15-2006, 07:20 PM

Bipper
There's no class involved in pugilism.

Just remember not to smile, as your opponent will recognize it as a form of insecurity.
<3 Kishi

Sylvie
06-15-2006, 07:21 PM
I think that is even worse, as you are making a serious disision on the fly. If you are going to fight over a petty issue, walk away. If you are going to fight cause the kid will not respect your (or someone else's) boundries, and it is the last resourt, plan a fight if you can. Grab some spotters, and play by the rules :) If you have somthing to prove that is.

Otherwise, "for fun" as I mentioned is more of a spar.

If the kid isn't giving me respect, I'll ignore him. If he hits me, I'll knock the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out of him right there. I don't think I should plan a fight, I think he should be taught his lesson right there.

bipper
06-15-2006, 07:22 PM

Bipper
There's no class involved in pugilism.

<3 Kishi

Then you have never pugulized. :p There is class. There is class in everything. A methodology, a certain respect for yourself and your oponent. If you are fighting for anyother reason, you are fighting for the wrong reason.

Shoeberto
06-15-2006, 07:24 PM
All the Monkey Island quotin' going on here leaves me happy.

Oh, and as for advice? Well, I'd say don't fight blah blah blah but you won't listen, because no one ever listens to advice like that (You're too hardcore to puss out, right? Way too hardcore.) so I'll just say have fun while you get the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif pummeled out of you.

Skyblade
06-15-2006, 07:27 PM

You could win the fight this way, but then you fail at life. If you set it up with the regaurds for saftey in mind for both parties, (I am talkign spotters, no eyegouging and such) you will both come out with your full working bodies, and the looser would have a bruised ego, and effectivley be put in his place. If it was a fight to the death (which it better not be) then I could see getting the jump on him. It seems like this is a childish fight of jest and dignity, so play it as such.

Bipper

As always, Bipper has a solid point here. I think he is, however, missing out on one major point. No matter how classy you are when you fight, if your opponent is not equally classy, you are going to get creamed. There is no "class" in getting beat senseless. The point is to win. Everything else is secondary. I have been in several "childish fights" in my life, and I've learned that in such situations, there is rarely, if any, honor displayed by my opponents. I don't get into fights easily, since I am not actually a fan of violence, but when I do fight, I fight to win. If you're not prepared to do whatever it takes to win, you shouldn't be fighting. End it fast, end it quick, and if you are upset with what you did to the guy when it's over, maybe you'll think twice before you get in another fight over nothing. But don't hold to nice, polite rules, because you will then be wondering why you got your face pounded in.

Roto13
06-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Then you have never pugulized. :p There is class. There is class in everything. A methodology, a certain respect for yourself and your oponent. If you are fighting for anyother reason, you are fighting for the wrong reason.
Fine, fight for respect. Earn the respect of some thug. Lose the respect of everyone else.

bipper
06-15-2006, 07:35 PM
roto: I assure you, eye gouging and fighting dirty will not gain you any respect, and setting up a spotted fight gains you some defense against such attacks. I have been in several fights with people whom like to talk or do nasty things against my sisters or friends. I will not tolerate, and when they will not listen, I offer a fight such as what I have described. As Skyblade said, your opponant will likely not respect the rules, and fight dirty, but that is somthing you will deal with none the less. I have never lost and organized fight, and I have never had to go to the extreme as to knock someone completley out. If the other person does win via a foul, and you lose, you still have honor, which is not worth loosing over some idiot's comments (usually).

"Who's the only person here who knows secret ninja moves from the government?!" ND
Bipper

Skyblade
06-15-2006, 07:38 PM
roto: I assure you, eye gouging and fighting dirty will not gain you any respect, and setting up a spotted fight gains you some defense against such attacks. I have been in several fights with people whom like to talk or do nasty things against my sisters or friends. I will not tolerate, and when they will not listen, I offer a fight such as what I have described. As Skyblade said, your opponant will likely not respect the rules, and fight dirty, but that is somthing you will deal with none the less. I have never lost and organized fight, and I have never had to go to the extreme as to knock someone completley out. If the other person does win via a foul, and you lose, you still have honor, which is not worth loosing over some idiot's comments (usually).

Bipper

Anyone who gets into fights over some idiot's comments already has no honor that is worth anything. And if you have a worthwhile reason for fighting, then winning is probably more important than how you win.

And if you want organized fights, join your school's boxing team. Or fencing team (in fact, do that anyway, because fencing is awesome).

Psychotic
06-15-2006, 07:41 PM
Instead of fighting, let's just tightly embrace. I'll leave my pants on if it makes you feel uncomfortable.

Shoeberto
06-15-2006, 07:43 PM
And if you want organized fights, join your school's boxing team. Or fencing team (in fact, do that anyway, because fencing is awesome).
Or Fight Cl - *gets shot by a sniper*

bipper
06-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Sure, I agree to a point skyblade. A fight should not take place over some comments; but a fight should never amount to a savage beating as well. If you do not show control, you will end up doing somthing you regret, or your opponent may. Thus the spotters.

There are ways to control the movement of the fight, just keep a good clean fight in mind, and if you get your way - you will get it.

I agree with boxing and fencing; though most schools don't even encourge such activities around here!

lol, that is not what I mean by organised fights really.
Bipper

Medi
06-15-2006, 07:46 PM

You are no match for my witty repartee!

Anyway...

Skyblade
06-15-2006, 07:51 PM
Sure, I agree to a point skyblade. A fight should not take place over some comments; but a fight should never amount to a savage beating as well. If you do not show control, you will end up doing somthing you regret, or your opponent may. Thus the spotters.

There are ways to control the movement of the fight, just keep a good clean fight in mind, and if you get your way - you will get it.

I agree with boxing and fencing; though most schools don't even encourge such activities around here!

lol, that is not what I mean by organised fights really.
Bipper

Could you give an example of something that you think is worth getting into a fight over, that you would have an "organized fight" for?

bipper
06-15-2006, 07:59 PM
An organised fight would be handy in settleing threating situations. IE: Older Bully punching my sister in the face - my first fight, was definatley worth it. Other instances include an array of things that are too shallow for the law to come into play but not those that are salvageable through some talk. Ususally, I have found myself fighting for other people, whom were unable to or did not want to defend themselves. Most of these fights I have partiscipated in are very organised, and spotters have never had to get involved.

If it is a fight for fun, I still suggest spotters.

In a fight, I rarely had to throw more than half dozen punches. It really usually does not get so violent amongst kids.

Bipper

fire_of_avalon
06-15-2006, 08:03 PM
Fight lines are something that has to come from the heart, in the heat of the moment. You can't pre-plan them; they'll sound canned and lame. Just kick the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out of the kid and speak the words that the moment gives you. If it happens to be "My fists feel like corn!", well then, that probably for the better. Not only will you leave him torn and damaged, but he will be perplexed as well. And there's nothing better than a confused cripple.
:exdee:

There's already no honor in beating the crap out of someone, so stop talking about honorable fights, or fights worth fighting and crap. If you're pissed enough to hit somebody, then you're pissed enough to hit somebody. Everybody has been there at some point in time, everybody has thrown a punch or a slap or scratched the crap out of someone.

Skyblade
06-15-2006, 08:06 PM
An organised fight would be handy in settleing threating situations. IE: Older Bully punching my sister in the face - my first fight, was definatley worth it. Other instances include an array of things that are too shallow for the law to come into play but not those that are salvageable through some talk. Ususally, I have found myself fighting for other people, whom were unable to or did not want to defend themselves. Most of these fights I have partiscipated in are very organised, and spotters have never had to get involved.

If it is a fight for fun, I still suggest spotters.

In a fight, I rarely have to throw more than half dozen punches. It really usually does not get so violent amongst kids.

Bipper

If someone punched my sister, I wouldn't wait for any spotters, I'd cream him then and there. It's not a case of making a point, it's a case of making sure that he doesn't do a damned thing to any member of my family ever again. Period.

Anyway, here's my assessment. The greater your sense of honor, the greater the reason has to be to get you to fight. A street thug with no honor fights over almost anything. A very honorable person almost never fights. So, if you have gotten into a fight, then that fight should take precedence over your honor. A street thug's honor is nearly worthless, so winning the fight is worth more than it. But the honorable person, while his honor is worth much more than the street thugs, will find that it is not worth as much as winning the fight. Because if his honor was worth more than winning the fight, he wouldn't have gotten into the fight in the first place. If a fight isn't worth winning, it isn't worth fighting.

bipper
06-15-2006, 08:10 PM
:exdee:

There's already no honor in beating the crap out of someone, so stop talking about honorable fights, or fights worth fighting and crap. If you're pissed enough to hit somebody, then you're pissed enough to hit somebody. Everybody has been there at some point in time, everybody has thrown a punch or a slap or scratched the crap out of someone.

Well, I am not saying go hunt him down and set it up, but if you are invited to a fight, suggest these rules. I dunno; I guess I grew up in the sticks, so our area (still has) more of a rights to passage set going on. Not fighting is not always the best option, imo. Infact, I would say its the next best thing after: talking it out, mediating, or ignoring do not work.

Besides that, I think saying there is no honor in fighting is just plain ignorant. Honor is given per person, and per situation. It may be of the most honor in culture A while culture B does not care. I don't think what is honor and what is not can be soo boolean.

If someone punched my sister, I wouldn't wait for any spotters, I'd cream him then and there. It's not a case of making a point, it's a case of making sure that he doesn't do a damned thing to any member of my family ever again. Period.

Oh I did; but on hindsight, I did a little too much - I wish the spotters would have been there and I was not so full of rage.

Anyway, here's my assessment. The greater your sense of honor, the greater the reason has to be to get you to fight. A street thug with no honor fights over almost anything. A very honorable person almost never fights. So, if you have gotten into a fight, then that fight should take precedence over your honor. A street thug's honor is nearly worthless, so winning the fight is worth more than it. But the honorable person, while his honor is worth much more than the street thugs, will find that it is not worth as much as winning the fight. Because if his honor was worth more than winning the fight, he wouldn't have gotten into the fight in the first place. If a fight isn't worth winning, it isn't worth fighting.

To find someone as not worth your time is an insult. If someone demands attention, I will see that they get it. If I would rather not, I will explain. I actually was in this situation during a drunken bowlin incident, and I was on my way home, and a gentleman picked a fight with me cause I would not buy him a drink ^^' either way, it would not have been a clean or fair fight.

I do see your point though, and I never mean to fight everyone, or that this fight is wrong and this is right. They are your battles; you choose em. If you are going to fight, I provided some advice, based off my experience.

bipper

Mirage
06-15-2006, 08:21 PM

Option C is the only one that's good. The others just sound like they're ripped out of some lame movie.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with fight lines at all.

Skyblade
06-15-2006, 08:28 PM

Oh I did; but on hindsight, I did a little too much - I wish the spotters would have been there and I was not so full of rage.

When it comes to defending my family, I find that there is rarely such a thing as "too much". He's not going to do it again, and he's still alive, isn't he?

To find someone as not worth your time is an insult. If someone demands attention, I will see that they get it. If I would rather not, I will explain. I actually was in this situation during a drunken bowlin incident, and I was on my way home, and a gentleman picked a fight with me cause I would not buy him a drink ^^' either way, it would not have been a clean or fair fight.

I do see your point though, and I never mean to fight everyone, or that this fight is wrong and this is right. They are your battles; you choose em. If you are going to fight, I provided some advice, based off my experience.

bipper

If they were doing something that wasn't worth fighting over, an insult seems like a perfectly good response to me.

Exactly. I did the same. Whose advice he accepts, if anyone's, is up to him. But if he follows your advice and loses, I'm going to laugh and gloat and say "I told you so".

bipper
06-15-2006, 08:39 PM
Actually the kid that punched my sister had some serious damage done. He has recovered, but I still feel horable at the same time.

I don't even remember giving any strict advice, outside of spotters to make sure things don't ge out of hand. there are other reasons for 'spotters' and 'planning'; involving handing advice that word will get out and more mediation becomes available; but that is very indirectly the goal of the spotter. :)

I actually do like sparing for fun, and though it has been a while, I would love a bout if it was offered. I also feel like we are thinking that fighting is like fighting to the death, or waging war. Judging by the lines and the aestetics of the oritional post; it sounds like it is not a completley threatening fight. Either way, if you are fighting, plan on getting your arse kicked, as it could happen (as I said earlier).

So my advice was not entirely pro-suicide. I am saying if you must fight, (purposeful or not) make sure it is organised and you have cover from both your opponant, and yourself.

I dunno, therefore I would be proud of him to a point, if he heeded my advice, and the fight was a technical and relativley injury free bout. If he looses, well then he has something to learn from as well :) I see it as the equivilance of settling your differences in one on one basketball, which coincidently ends up in a brawl half the time anyways :p Just practice restraint, and respect for your opponent.

[/end summary of last million self post]
Bipper

drunkymonkey
06-15-2006, 09:00 PM

Option C is the only one that's good. The others just sound like they're ripped out of some lame movie.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with fight lines at all.It wouldn't work if he did have his friends around.

Levian
06-16-2006, 12:42 AM
Try this Shakespeare insult generator:

http://www.pangloss.com/seidel/Shaker/index.html?

That should startle your enemy.

GhandiOwnsYou
06-16-2006, 01:05 AM
The more energy anyone puts into Smack Talking the less energy they put in a fist. so if you're even considering talking crap to someone, especially planned out rhyming crap that's... well... it literally embarrasses me to read it. yeah, i'd say you're going to get your ass kicked.

and to the "NO VIOLENCE!" crowd, stop and realize for two seconds that there are people in this world who can screw up your lief and the lives of those you love. in my case, a few high powered jocks in high school spread rumors about my girlfriend. managed to get her completely exiled from everyone, it was like she had leprosy just because a few jocks decided to make it a big joke. Twits wouldn't drop it, and refused to look at what they were really doing to her. So they got dropped, with a quickness. Their ARE people that will not listen to anything but a fist, and their are problems which will only get solved through violence. and sure enough, it did. the rumors were quite speedily countered and corrected and my girlfriend managed to recover socially.

So don't start this crap about how ALL fighting is immature.

Mirage
06-16-2006, 01:06 AM

Personally, I wouldn't bother with fight lines at all.It wouldn't work if he did have his friends around.
He'd be an idiot if he fought him with his friends around.

Hambone
06-16-2006, 01:33 AM
Say, "Your mom is so fat, she sat on the toilet, and the toilet said, A,B,C,D,E,F,G, get your fat self off of me" OR "Your mom is so old, ashton kutcher would date her." Then knock him out.

KentaRawr!
06-16-2006, 01:46 AM
Corny lines = Stupid whilst fighting.

However, I would recommend avoiding the fight, even though there's no doubt in your mind you're gonna kick his bum.

Levian
06-16-2006, 02:04 AM
Here's a tip:

"See ya in Hell" sounds better than "See ya in the Farplane!"

Rye
06-16-2006, 02:07 AM
I'll pwn you like Sephiroth pwned Aeris, Lev. :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

G SpOtZ
06-16-2006, 02:13 AM
Not exactly sure if you came to the right place to ask about fights ;)

Either way, fight or don't fight, go out with pride, yeah? Personally, I don't know if he's worth your effort or energy, but whatever. A fight is a fight, with your fist in his face. =]

EDIT: If it's to intimidate that you want to do, throw in a few cusses, or don't say anything at all. It's not the words that intimidate someone, it's the words that provoke someone. If you really want to intimidate him, stay quiet, and SHOW that you wanna rip his throat out... but don't try too hard.

Fonzie
06-16-2006, 02:28 AM
Well first yoou need your battle meter to fill up all the way, after that he'll probably attack you for 159 damage. Use cure then use your limit break ominpunch. You should be able to win!!!! Also you're going to have a movie made 2 yares after the fight and you'll have to do it allll over again.

Roto13
06-16-2006, 02:52 AM
The more energy anyone puts into Smack Talking the less energy they put in a fist. so if you're even considering talking crap to someone, especially planned out rhyming crap that's... well... it literally embarrasses me to read it. yeah, i'd say you're going to get your ass kicked.

and to the "NO VIOLENCE!" crowd, stop and realize for two seconds that there are people in this world who can screw up your lief and the lives of those you love. in my case, a few high powered jocks in high school spread rumors about my girlfriend. managed to get her completely exiled from everyone, it was like she had leprosy just because a few jocks decided to make it a big joke. Twits wouldn't drop it, and refused to look at what they were really doing to her. So they got dropped, with a quickness. Their ARE people that will not listen to anything but a fist, and their are problems which will only get solved through violence. and sure enough, it did. the rumors were quite speedily countered and corrected and my girlfriend managed to recover socially.

So don't start this crap about how ALL fighting is immature.
Actually, that's probably a better example of immaturity than I'd be able to come up with.

bipper
06-16-2006, 02:54 AM
That is kinda rude; I could think of a million more imature reasons to pick a fight. It could be worse though, he could be calling other people lame on a final fantasy forum. :p

ps. You know i love you!

-N-
06-16-2006, 02:56 AM
Post the video on YouTube when you're done please. :p

Roto13
06-16-2006, 02:57 AM
That is kinda rude; I could think of a million more imature reasons to pick a fight. It could be worse though, he could be calling other people lame on a final fantasy forum. :p

ps. You know i love you!
Now now, I don't namecall. I'm more subtle than that. 'Cept the penis-wagging thing. That was name calling, kinda.

bipper
06-16-2006, 02:58 AM
Post the video on YouTube when you're done please. :p

I second this.

And I know roto13-ness; your a class act :)

Bipper

Christmas
06-16-2006, 03:01 AM
If you are insist on fighting, remember to bring along some potions (http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20051201/ffxii05.jpg). They will help. :)

Arcee
06-16-2006, 03:10 AM
My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

Manny Mo
06-16-2006, 03:13 AM
agreed!

Dignified Pauper
06-16-2006, 04:02 AM
agreed!

Does anyone else notice that Kawaii Ryukishi already won this thread.

and two, that Christmas' image is actually Violence OVER the cross-out red sign, not the cross out red sign over the word Violence. And notice the black circle around the red cross-out sign... that's part of violence, not the image. I think Christmas, and rightfully so, is supporting violence.

Dr. Casey
06-16-2006, 04:22 AM
I think Mr. Pauper is a little too observant.

By the way guys, joke topic lol. I haven't gotten into a fight since first grade.

Alixsar
06-16-2006, 04:40 AM

By the way guys, joke topic I cried aloud with mirth and merriment. I haven't gotten into a fight since first grade.

Well maybe it's time you got in one, especially after you lead on all these honest and hard working people. These people paid to see a fight, and now you tell them there's not gonna be one? They've all put down money on this kid. If you don't get in a fight right quick, there's gonna be hell to pay. Big Cleaver Eddie's gonna make sure of that. And I don't know about you, but I try to stay on the good side of Big Cleaver Eddie. Otherwise, he'll give you the cut, if you know what I mean.

P.S. Remember, you go down in the fourth.

G SpOtZ
06-16-2006, 04:41 AM
*punches nearest person in the face*

Monster Hunt
06-16-2006, 09:48 AM
So it was you! Ahahahahahahahahaa! I think you would've attacked him enough if you use those lines.

blue phoenix
06-16-2006, 10:12 AM

Wow! the perfect battle line!

"Thy food is such as hath been belch'd upon by infected lungs"

i was just thinking that the other day..

drunkymonkey
06-16-2006, 01:04 PM

That should startle your enemy.That's... beautiful.

Christmas
06-16-2006, 01:09 PM
agreed!

and two, that Christmas' image is actually Violence OVER the cross-out red sign, not the cross out red sign over the word Violence. And notice the black circle around the red cross-out sign... that's part of violence, not the image. I think Christmas, and rightfully so, is supporting violence.

:up:

Rye
06-16-2006, 01:11 PM

Oh, I noticed. :) And laughed very hard.

Dignified Pauper
06-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Christmas and I are on the same page.

Yes, we're both reading The Alphabet of Manliness (http://www.alphabetofmanliness.com/?u=tour)

Sylvie
06-16-2006, 02:09 PM
If you really actually want to use lines before you /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif kick the kid, here.

"You piss me off... come and get me!" (okay, not too good. But better than his.)
"<name> is my name. Death is what I bring." (Akuma said this in Super Puzzle Fighter II.)
(Or when you kick his ass.)
"Pathetic." (FaMOuS!!11)
"I was expecting more than a mosquito to fight... too bad."

Those aren't too great, but they are a lot better then the ones you were gonna use. And by the way guys, He probably fought him already. Not sure though, has he replied?

Loony BoB
06-16-2006, 02:39 PM

"You, minion, are too saucy."

Perfect!

Sylvie
06-16-2006, 03:26 PM
Oh, I see it was a joke, :p

Dark Paladin
06-16-2006, 03:29 PM
i wouldn't use trash talk. Good luck with the fight. When is it anyway?

bipper
06-16-2006, 03:33 PM

By the way guys, joke topic I cried aloud with mirth and merriment. I haven't gotten into a fight since first grade.

Skyblade
06-16-2006, 03:37 PM

Good line, that one. The Princess Bride is a highly underrated ridiculous movie.

Old Manus
06-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Am I the only one who realised that he was joking after reading only the first post

Christmas
06-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Am I the only one who realised that he was joking after reading only the first post

No.

Sylvie
06-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Good line, that one. The Princess Bride is a highly underrated ridiculous movie.

Wasn't there a "You son of a bitch" after "Prepare to die."?

bipper
06-16-2006, 03:59 PM
No. The Princes Bride was rated PG; and was pure class. Watch it; watta good flick.

Sylvie
06-16-2006, 04:09 PM
I swear that he said "You son of a bitch." We watched it last year in school and everyone was gasping when he said that, I didn't care much. I know he said that though...

Loony BoB
06-16-2006, 04:49 PM
No, he didn't. Seriously, that's a massively famous movie, and he really didn't. But he did say it later on. When he stabs Rugen.

Sylvie
06-16-2006, 04:56 PM
OH Yeah, thats when he said it. I knew he said it in there.

bipper
06-16-2006, 05:41 PM
you son of a bitch :love: lol; yeah now I remember.

Itsunari 2000
06-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Joooooo son-of-a-bitch !

KentaRawr!
06-16-2006, 07:14 PM
"Why dost thou converse with that trunk of humours, that bolting-hutch of beastliness, that swollen parcel of dropsies, that huge bombard of sack, that stuffed cloak-bag of guts, that roasted Manningtree ox with pudding in his belly, that reverend vice, that grey Iniquity, that father ruffian, that vanity in years?"

If you were to get in a fight, those are the lines to scream. :D

Vincent, Thunder God
06-17-2006, 12:07 AM
First of all, if you really have to get into a fight, so be it. I had to smack this one guy a while back. I got into deep trouble for it, but I don't regret it. Just think it over first. Is there no other way to fix whatever issue you find yourself in? Can you talk to someone you trust about it to help you out? Can you deal with this kid through words? Are you resorting to violence out of anger only? Have things calmed down and you're still holding a grudge? If the answer to all of those questions is no, then you may have a reason to do this. Excercise your conscience with some more questions, and if you've looked at it from all angles and still feel it's completely necessary, do it.

I'm not a big trash-talker myself, but I would agree with the others to not rhyme. Try something a little more forceful and modern.

Yes, it was about time for a random Monkey Island quote. :D

lovehurts
06-17-2006, 12:52 AM
Ok here is what I would do. Wear a big trench coat ok...Cut holes in your pockets. Ok ...zipp the coat up realy tight. Ok wait outside the school as you see him walking towards the front door you quickly start to approach him. Secretly you have a radio tucked away in the coat!!! YOu start to play music! your slip your hand in the coat to turn the music on!!'

"LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR!" LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR!!!!

Then you unzipp your coat you set the radio down, he turns to face you in the back ground you can hear "LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR! LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR!" Then stare him down in the eyes and say

"Its over octimus PRIME!!!!!"

Then look down at your clothes and notice your disco suit you have on! NOW you're styling....Assume dancing postiion and do the moon walk quickly!!! AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE THIS IS YOUR WHOLE LIFE!!!DANCE BOY DANCE!!!

Then he'll say "damn boy lets do this!"

Then everyone will form the dance ring !!!!

THEN YOU GOT TO OUT DANCE HIM!!!

YOU GOT TO DO IT!!!

Maintain eye contact the whole dance and DONT DONT let him see that you are getting tired.

EYE OF THE TIGER

EYE OF THE TIGER!!!!!

Stare him in the eyes until he cracks!
MAINTAIN EYE CONTACT !!!!

The students will form a ring around the two of you.

STARE AT HIM MEAN!!!!

YOU GOTS TO BE THE BETTER MAN YOU GOTS TO BE MEAN ENOUGH FOR IT!!!!

STARE into his eyes and get closer and closer to him....Then when your close enough and he's looking into your eyes

POP HIM ONE HARD IN THE PENNIS!!!!!

Then he'll fall ,then kick in the face!!! and give out a warrior cry

"YEHAHAHAHAHAHHYHAHAHHAAHAHHA , it's a reflex!"

AND THEN...VICTORY!!! PLAY THE SONG SWEET AS VICTORY !

The credits should start rolling so after....

Roto13
06-17-2006, 01:19 AM
Stuff about dance-offs and penises

XD!

lovehurts
06-17-2006, 01:21 AM
Stuff about dance-offs and penises

XD!

I was bored...so I made that post...?:D

Vincent, Thunder God
06-17-2006, 03:12 AM
Ok here is what I would do. Wear a big trench coat ok...Cut holes in your pockets. Ok ...zipp the coat up realy tight. Ok wait outside the school as you see him walking towards the front door you quickly start to approach him. Secretly you have a radio tucked away in the coat!!! YOu start to play music! your slip your hand in the coat to turn the music on!!'

"LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR!" LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR!!!!

Then you unzipp your coat you set the radio down, he turns to face you in the back ground you can hear "LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR! LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR!" Then stare him down in the eyes and say

"Its over octimus PRIME!!!!!"

Then look down at your clothes and notice your disco suit you have on! NOW you're styling....Assume dancing postiion and do the moon walk quickly!!! AS QUICK AS POSSIBLE THIS IS YOUR WHOLE LIFE!!!DANCE BOY DANCE!!!

Then he'll say "damn boy lets do this!"

Then everyone will form the dance ring !!!!

THEN YOU GOT TO OUT DANCE HIM!!!

YOU GOT TO DO IT!!!

Maintain eye contact the whole dance and DONT DONT let him see that you are getting tired.

EYE OF THE TIGER

EYE OF THE TIGER!!!!!

Stare him in the eyes until he cracks!
MAINTAIN EYE CONTACT !!!!

The students will form a ring around the two of you.

STARE AT HIM MEAN!!!!

YOU GOTS TO BE THE BETTER MAN YOU GOTS TO BE MEAN ENOUGH FOR IT!!!!

STARE into his eyes and get closer and closer to him....Then when your close enough and he's looking into your eyes

POP HIM ONE HARD IN THE PENNIS!!!!!

Then he'll fall ,then kick in the face!!! and give out a warrior cry

"YEHAHAHAHAHAHHYHAHAHHAAHAHHA , it's a reflex!"

AND THEN...VICTORY!!! PLAY THE SONG SWEET AS VICTORY !

The credits should start rolling so after....

Well that was certainly worth a good laugh... and I like roto13-ness' abriged version.

Christmas
04-25-2023, 11:17 AM
Tell him your limit break bar is full. :chocobo:

KentaRawr!
04-26-2023, 02:16 PM
Cast haste on yourself, and then get one of your friends to cast temper on you repeatedly! That way, you'll beat Chaos easy peasy.