PDA

View Full Version : Best Espers for the Final Battle?

Peter_20
06-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Alright, let's assume none of your first chosen chars die any horrible deaths, and you keep them on their feet all the way up to Kefka.
Now what Espers would you recommend those chars to use?
I think Golem and ZoneSeek are great, and Starlet and Phoenix are nice as well.
Anything else? :cool:

Captain Maxx Power
06-15-2006, 12:00 PM
It really depends on how you've set up your characters. If you've gone to the trouble of kitting people out in Gembox/Economizer or Genji Glove/Offering combos, chances are you won't be touching Espers. If you haven't then it depends on how you want to set yourself up. Phoenix can be used as an emergency measure if you're getting clobbered. Bahamut ignores resistances, so is also useful. Palidor provides Jump for everyone which will allow you to dodge any nasty attacks and deal some much needed damage. Apart from that it's really more up to what magic you've got, what you've equipped and what characters you decided to use.

Roto13
06-15-2006, 01:21 PM
I never use espers in the final battle. I spam Ultima.

Flying Mullet
06-15-2006, 02:16 PM

Crossblades
06-15-2006, 02:23 PM
I never use espers in the final battle. I spam Ultima, Flare, Cure 3, and Life 2.

Tavrobel
06-15-2006, 02:32 PM

Dell
06-15-2006, 04:11 PM
You guys use me. *Happy* *Ultima* *~ The Best Magic ~*

ljkkjlcm9
06-16-2006, 03:14 AM
actually, I use Cyan with quick, that's all I need, done it without getting hit!:D

THE JACKEL

Zeromus_X
06-16-2006, 04:33 AM
You should only use Espers if they have some sort of effect (Zone Seeker, Golem, etc.), and only if you don't have those spells. Otherwise, other things (even other than Ultima) can far outweigh Espers in the damage department. Unfortunately, even if they play a cool part in the plot, they aren't useful late in the game. (Even early in the game, they cost too much MP, and can only be used once.) Alot like FFVIII in that regard.

Zone Seeker has a cool name though.

Alixsar
06-17-2006, 05:55 AM
You don't need espers. Hell, Edgar can practically solo Kefka if you set him up right. Edgar + Genji Glove/Offering + Celes + Gem Box/Equalizer + Setzer being awesome = You Win.

Peter_20
06-17-2006, 06:34 AM
You don't need espers. Hell, Edgar can practically solo Kefka if you set him up right. Edgar + Genji Glove/Offering + Celes + Gem Box/Equalizer + Setzer being awesome = You Win.Or you could just take advantage of the incredible Locke attack of awesomeness, in other words AtmaWeapon/ValiantKnife combined with Offering/Genji Glove = 9999*8 DMG = INSTANT win. :D

Dignified Pauper
06-17-2006, 03:52 PM
I never use espers in the final battle. I spam Weapons of Mass Destruction - Atma Wepaon, Ultima, Flare.

Roto13
06-17-2006, 05:07 PM
You don't need espers. Hell, Edgar can practically solo Kefka if you set him up right. Edgar + Genji Glove/Offering + Celes + Gem Box/Equalizer + Setzer being awesome = You Win.Or you could just take advantage of the incredible Locke attack of awesomeness, in other words AtmaWeapon/ValiantKnife combined with Offering/Genji Glove = 9999*8 DMG = INSTANT win. :D
I prefer someone with the Atma Weapon and Illumina.

Peter_20
06-17-2006, 05:10 PM
I prefer someone with the Atma Weapon and Illumina.Illumina can't deal 9999 DMG. :D

Alixsar
06-19-2006, 04:12 AM

Yeah but I usually just give Locke the Valiant Knife and have him go crazy with that. It might not be as good or whatever, but Edgar is cooler than Locke so I give him the better weapons. That's how I operate.

Zeromus_X
06-19-2006, 04:18 AM
You could solo anything with anyone. That's how easy this game is.

I prefer Offering/Genji/Valiant Knives for Lock myself.