PDA

View Full Version : Rock am Ring 2006

Shoden
06-15-2006, 01:55 PM
I've spent the last 2 days watching this concert on youtube. Metallica were one of the most amazing performance among the bands played there. There were others like In Flames and Korn who kicked ass IMO. But Metallica played the entire MOP album in it's entirety for the first time since ever and even Orion, which was never played since before Burton's death. One of the sets had a setlist for Metallica so I'll just post it here.

Date: Jun 3, 2006
Venue: Rock Am Ring Festival
Setlist:
Creeping Death
Fuel
Wherever I May Roam
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Fade to Black
Battery
Master of Puppets
The Thing That Should Not Be
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Disposable Heroes
Leper Messiah
Orion
Damage, Inc.
- - - -
Sad But True
Nothing Else Matters
One
Enter Sandman
- - - -
Last Caress
Seek and Destroy

Once I get updated I may do the other bands. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awgXZeyX_lU There's a little sample with the finale track, seek and destroy. Anyone else watched Rock Am Ring here? amazing, better then download.

tailz
06-15-2006, 06:47 PM
hehe i have seen them play orion live :P:D

hhm that setlist is just a little diferent then the one whe had over here, but didnt they play the new song at rock am ring?

Shoden
06-15-2006, 09:12 PM
I aint to sure on that one. But they did it at Download 2006, I'm positive.

Shiny
06-15-2006, 09:20 PM
Yeah, Rock am Ring is fantgasmic. :love:

Shoden
06-15-2006, 09:25 PM
Much better then Download 2006, less drunks, better crowd, better performances.

Croyles
06-15-2006, 10:41 PM
Ive been there, its amazing!

DeathKnight
06-15-2006, 11:32 PM
MetallicA's new song was OK, not great. James' voice KILLED the song.

James' voice ruins everything.

How 'bout letting Lars sing? or Rob.

-To James: We all KNOW you're all as hell, so stop singing as if you were 20.

Shoden
06-15-2006, 11:45 PM
Actually the vocals at Rock am Ring were amazing. Trujillo does the backing vocals and he's getting better, in creeping death he was good with backing but Hetfield and Damage Inc. Was amazing, he's just getting his old growl back, after it's been dead for about 4 years it's hard to do it again, he'll get better. The new song just didn't fit in the concert though. The bass was absolutely amazing, Orion was kickass. One of Metallica's best concerts. It's better then any the madly in anger concerts I've seen, but it cannot beat Binge and Purge, It could probably beat cunning stunts though...

DeathKnight
06-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Actually the vocals at Rock am Ring were amazing. Trujillo does the backing vocals and he's getting better, in creeping death he was good with backing but Hetfield and Damage Inc. Was amazing, he's just getting his old growl back, after it's been dead for about 4 years it's hard to do it again, he'll get better. The new song just didn't fit in the concert though. The bass was absolutely amazing, Orion was kickass. One of Metallica's best concerts. It's better then any the madly in anger concerts I've seen, but it cannot beat Binge and Purge, It could probably beat cunning stunts though...

If it can beat Cunning Stunts, then I'm happy.

But yeah, I just wish he sang with a DEEPER voice, he goes high pitchy TOO damn much. And no, singing deeper will NOT hurt his vocal chords.

PS: MetallicA's releasing their album LATE 2007 which means that MegadetH's taking charge this year.

PS2: MetallicA's loosing a lot of fans, I assure you that MegadetH is REALLY going to get a BIG boost because it REALLY the ONLY thrash metal band worth listening to these days.

Shoden
06-16-2006, 11:52 AM
Actually Megadeth are losing it too, only 1 or 2 of their albums have actually being worth listening too. Hetfield is struggling to get comfortable with this new style of singing I think, At least it aint as high pitched as KEA. He'll eventually get the hang of it and the new album better be worth. Actually the album release period is still within the time of late 2006-mid 2007 I think. Take a look at Damage Inc. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slczGSHlMb4 listen to the bass skills on Orion, I think Newsted just got owned badly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mosb-F_h0KA&search=orion%20rock%20am%20ring

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 03:57 AM
Actually Megadeth are losing it too, only 1 or 2 of their albums have actually being worth listening too. Hetfield is struggling to get comfortable with this new style of singing I think, At least it aint as high pitched as KEA. He'll eventually get the hang of it and the new album better be worth. Actually the album release period is still within the time of late 2006-mid 2007 I think. Take a look at Damage Inc. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slczGSHlMb4 listen to the bass skills on Orion, I think Newsted just got owned badly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mosb-F_h0KA&search=orion%20rock%20am%20ring

1 or 2??? You seriously haven't listened to any MegadetH albums.

Rob's skilled, but his stage presence is B A D to the 10th power. :barf:

And let's not talk 'bout his backing vocals, nowhere near Jason's.

And Lars said the album will be released in LATE 2007, and I won't be waiting for it, I have a life.

Source: http://www.encycmet.com/news/2006-06-16.shtml

Shoden
06-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Well they've had lots of dates, the final date is still unknown. Yes, don't mention the backing vocals, but Rob puts more funk into his music then Jason, hell, newsted admitted he couldn't play Orion, maybes it was because of him using a pick, I liked Jason alot but Rob seriously put alot of soul into that performance. My dad has a few Megadeth albums in the loft, I've listened to RiP, TSHF, Youthanasia, Capital Punishment, Peace sells, So far so good so what and peace sells. Most of them I errr... Borrowed without asking from my friend. Rob does a better for whom the bell tolls and it's much clearer then what Newsted used to do. Rob is just under rated badly, we'll see what he can really do when the album comes out. Well if I could wait for Advent Children then the new Metallica album should be easy to wait for. Heh watch it get released in something like December 08 or something, hehehehehe. All the good stuff always gets pushed back.

Polaris
06-21-2006, 03:03 PM
I didn't go there, but I saw a bit of Keane concert and I was speechless... I wish I could be there and to see Korn too! Most of the bands that were there, had been at Lisbon for Super Bock Super Rock Zl Festival, but I couldn't go there too! But for what I saw it was really good!