PDA

View Full Version : FF7 PS3 Demo....

Garland666
06-15-2006, 07:12 PM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7858605&type=product&id=1142300188021

Why does best buy have this on its website I thought this was just a tech demo or something....:eep:

~SapphireStar~
06-15-2006, 07:22 PM
As far as Im aware it is just a tech demo. If it was offically being remade for the PS3 there would be loads of confirmation threads and links. Its perhaps someones idea of a sick joke.

EDIT: Actually my boyfriends mate has said that SE are doing a remake of FF7. I said he must be mistaken and he said no its true because SE know that people will purchase a PS3 purely for a FF7 remake.

Levian
06-16-2006, 12:46 AM
That's Dirge of Cerberus.

See the release date? That's when Dirge of Cerberus was released in Japan.

~SapphireStar~
06-16-2006, 12:49 AM
I thought it was the American date. They place the month before the day, if you get me, whilst Brits do the day, then the month. I dismissed the fact it being the 12th of Jan and read it as 1st December.

Levian
06-16-2006, 12:56 AM
Yeah, you're right. It is 1st of December. Dirge of Cerberus was released on PS2 and not PS3 too, so I was wrong.

It's not an FF7 remake anyway. They won't have the time to make it in 6 months. It's probably just that Tech Demo, or Best Buy being silly.

Ouch!
06-16-2006, 12:58 AM
I remember something about SE saying there were "no current plans to remake Final Fantasy VII," or something close to that. I interpret that as "We're not doing it right now, and we don't really intend to do it anytime soon, but we're not going to say it won't happen in the future." I suppose that's good news for the FFVII fanboys and girls. To be honest, I wouldn't care if they remade it or not.

Mirage
06-16-2006, 02:37 AM
Yep, I call bullcraps on that one. First, the release date is set even earlier than the PS3, plus they aren't even working on the game yet. Third, it's BestBuy.

atlanteay
06-16-2006, 04:04 AM
Yep, I call bullcraps on that one. First, the release date is set even earlier than the PS3, plus they aren't even working on the game yet. Third, it's BestBuy.

umm... i thought ps3 was supposed to be out on November 17, 2006? Bestbuy always tries to find ways to attract more customer by making up stuff. They have expensive things in that store :mad: so they probably want to attract more people.

Mirage
06-16-2006, 10:54 AM
yeah, so why should a PS3 game be released before the console has even started mass-production?

Crossblades
06-16-2006, 03:07 PM
Apparently Square Enix found out about the preorder

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/712/712893p1.html

Retail giant Best Buy has begun taking preorders for the Final Fantasy VII remake for PlayStation 3 (see for yourself right here -- an event we found curious, considering the fact that Square Enix has repeatedly told the press that the game hasn't been confirmed and was only intended to be a tech demo for the PS3 hardware at E3 2005.

As always, your buddies here at IGN contacted Square Enix representatives to see what the story is. Here's what they had to say:

"We have confirmed that Final Fantasy XIII is in development, but have NOT confirmed a FF7 remake at any time. The remake has been a popular subject for rumors, but that's all they are. Obviously the Best Buy listing was made in error"

Is Final Fantasy VII PS3 the rumor that wouldn't die? We'll ask the Tomb Raider Nude Code to see what it thinks and get back to you ASAP.