PDA

View Full Version : Battle Theme Showdown

Cruise Control
06-15-2006, 07:43 PM
I'm kinda disappointed with my new cd (Symphonic Suite: Final Fantasy), so the time I dedicated to listen to it goes towards creating this thread.

The poll contains every normal battle theme (to eliminate the OWA option) from each game (if this goes well I'll do a boss one). Vote for your favorite, and in five days, I'll eliminate the one with the least votes.

When presented with 14 options, I am torn between Arms of Shinra and FF10's normal battle. I picked normal battle.

Medi
06-15-2006, 07:48 PM
I really like the battle themes in FFVII and FFIX, but I'll go with VII.

Sefie1999AD
06-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Are these the normal battle themes? I'd correct two then:

1) The normal battle theme of Final Fantasy X-2 is called "YuRiPa Battle 3" (Battle 1 is the opening fight theme against the imposter Yuna, and Battle 2 is the boss theme).

2) As far as I know, Final Fantasy XII doesn't have a normal battle theme, only boss themes. Normal battles have the normal area/dungeon music.

I haven't heard FFVII DoC's battle theme, so I can't say anything about it. However, out of the choices listed, I'd probably choose FFVII's battle theme, Those Who Fight. FFVIII and FFIX's battle themes, Don't Be Afraid and Battle 1, are also quite enjoyable.

Leen-Leen
06-15-2006, 10:15 PM
I like FF10's Battle theme. In my opinion, it's catchy. So, I voted for it :p

Markus. D
06-17-2006, 01:54 PM
*YRP Battle 3

Dont Be Afraid ovcourse.

but since I find this limiting.

I am going to make an off topic choice aswell.

Challenge :D (ya know...battling Yunalesca and Dark Aeon Baha)

Dell
06-17-2006, 06:41 PM
I like FFX's.

Cruise Control
06-18-2006, 05:51 PM
but since I find this limiting.

I am going to make an off topic choice aswell.

Challenge (ya know...battling Yunalesca and Dark Aeon Baha)
If this gets a good response, I will do Boss Battles, and maybe special battles.

~SapphireStar~
06-18-2006, 07:14 PM
After replaying FF7 Ive fallen in love with it :D

boys from the dwarf
06-19-2006, 07:40 AM
FF9. although FF6 was one that didnt get annoying after hearing it about 200 times i just liked FF9s better.

Zeromus_X
06-19-2006, 08:06 AM
'The Rocking Grounds' is the name of FFIII's battle theme. And I'm voting for it. The only thing I liked better than it is FFVIII's 'Man with the Machine Gun', but that really isn't a 'normal' battle theme.

Sefie1999AD
06-19-2006, 10:03 AM
'The Rocking Grounds' is the name of FFIII's battle theme. And I'm voting for it. The only thing I liked better than it is FFVIII's 'Man with the Machine Gun', but that really isn't a 'normal' battle theme.

No, it's not. It's called Battle 1 - Fanfare in FFIII OST, and it's Track #3. That song has both the Battle Theme and the Victory Fanfare. Only the Black Mages version of the song is called The Rocking Grounds. As an additional example, the Zanarkand theme is still called "(At/to) Zanarkand" and not "The Skies Above" like in BM2 Album. Although "The Rocking Grounds" was a nice version of the Battle Theme, especially the More Friends concert version of it. :)

Darkwing Bahamut
06-20-2006, 05:34 AM
I like the battle themes in FFIX and FFX.