PDA

View Full Version : Argh!!

Laugh at face of Danger
06-15-2006, 08:38 PM
There are too many clashing walkthrough;s on the web >.<!

Here's my situation, i'm after Barret's Ultimate Weapon, the Missing Score (and it's been missing through my past playthroughs), and I really, really want it!

Tifa has currently woken up after Sephiroth has gone into the Lifestream and Cloud is missing - just before the public executions, and i was wondering if the Missing Score is around here, because all the key words i can find associated with the weapon is "The Sister Ray" and as i'm close to the sister ray, i thought it was near.

So, could someone, anyone, help, and it's urgent! (game is currently paused on some text!)

All help welcome!

G SpOtZ
06-15-2006, 08:40 PM
It's near the many sets of long staircases, and you have to have Barret in your party. The stair cases are in Midgar of course, but that's all I can tell you because I haven't played the game in forever and I haven't used Barret in a long time either.

Just make sure he's in your party on your way to the Sister Ray

Laugh at face of Danger
06-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Would that be after defeating the proud clod, ie right before the end of disk two or where i'm at now?

(and thanks for such a speedy reply!)

G SpOtZ
06-15-2006, 08:46 PM
Well, I'm thinking before Proud Clod, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm thinking either right before Proud Clod or right before Hojo.

Medi
06-15-2006, 09:09 PM
It's right after you defeat Proud Cloud. When you are walking up the stairs to fight Hojo on top of the Sister Ray in Midgar at the end of disc 2, you will find in in a treasure chest there. However, you would have had to have Barret in your party when you first parachute down into Midgar and until you receive the weapon yourself. I hope that helped. (I just did this part a few days ago, lol)

So yeah, G sPotz correct, right after Proud Clod, and right before Hojo

KoShiatar
06-15-2006, 09:16 PM
I think it's right before Hojo, but not sure.

TheSpoonyBard
06-15-2006, 09:46 PM
It's right after you defeat Proud Cloud. When you are walking up the stairs to fight Hojo on top of the Sister Ray in Midgar at the end of disc 2, you will find in in a treasure chest there. However, you would have had to have Barret in your party when you first parachute down into Midgar and until you receive the weapon yourself. I hope that helped. (I just did this part a few days ago, lol)
Close. There's a save point at the base of the stairs just after facing Proud Clod. You can change your party there to put Barret in if you don't normally use him. Just put him in your party, run up the stairs and open the chest. The you can return to the save point and change your party if you so wish.

Another hint for that area: pick up the Mystile from the chest on the right-hand side just after the PC battle. You can also steal Shinra Alphas from the SOLDIER:1st if you missed them in the Underwater Reactor.

Medi
06-15-2006, 09:51 PM
Oh ok, the walkthrough that I read said you needed him in the parachuting. I wish I had known that cuz I don't really like using Barret all that much. lol

Levian
06-16-2006, 01:02 AM
the problem with walkthrough writers is that they write a lot.

Christmas
06-16-2006, 01:12 AM
Indeed, the problem will be solved if they make walkthrough this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=76549) way.

Levian
06-16-2006, 01:21 AM
Indeed, the problem will be solved if they make walkthrough this (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=76549) way.

That would only work in a perfect world, though. :(

Twilight Edge
06-16-2006, 07:39 PM
I don't know for sure......but I think you need to use Barret to fight Hojo to get the weapon.(I alreay stated that I'm not sure)

But then again,just have Vincent and Barret along with Cloud and you will see the most emotional Vincent ever!