PDA

View Full Version : most powerful FF villain.

boys from the dwarf
06-15-2006, 10:16 PM
which FF enemy do you think is the most powerful. by most powerful i dont mean "whos the hardest to beat." i mean in your opinion who is the most powerful.

if think its probably necron because the heroes never beat him and necron has the power to destroy everything and anyone whenever he wants. the only reason he didnt is because it wasnt time for him to end everything yet. zidane and the group never beat him and i doubt they were even close. all they did was show necron that humans still had the will to live. necron didnt die. he simply escaped and waited until it was time to fulfill his purpose. this is why i beleive (although hes not my favourite enemy or the hardest boss.) necron is the most powerful. what do you think?

Medi
06-15-2006, 10:17 PM
Necron was by far the hardest for me to beat. Damn that Grand Cross and Neutron Ring! Eventually I got pretty good at it, though.

boys from the dwarf
06-15-2006, 10:37 PM
these are more reason i think necron is the most powerful.

FF1: they defeat chaos and restore peace and tons of crazy timeloop stuff happens.
FF2: they defeat th emporor.
FF3: ive not played it.
FF4: they beat zeromus and everythings happy.
FF5: pretty much the same.
FF6,7 and 8: as usual although the enemy makes a lot fo bad things happen they end up winning.
FF9: they beat kuja. but unlike any other FF villain that i know of necron does not lose and it was his choice to let the people continue living. its true that kuja destroyed entire worlds and nearly all of existence but necron never failed in his task. zidane and his group just delayed his task.

in FF5 it says that neo X-death has the power to do exactly the same thing and erase everything but the difference between them is that neo XD loses and necron doesnt. im not saying that necrons the most powerful no amatter what and ill never change my mind but from my point of view it makes a very good point. what do the rest of you think?

DeathKnight
06-16-2006, 12:34 AM
I'm the most powerful FF villain

Aside from that, they're all EASY! which means none are powerfull.

VISUALLY sins seems like the most powerful.

Zeromus_X
06-16-2006, 04:38 AM
They all seem to be pretty powerful. Kefka and Sin showed off the most of their powers. (People were certainly afraid of them, at any rate.)

I mean, who hasn't used a giant laser to terrorise mankind, summoned a giant meteor, or compressed time?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-16-2006, 05:24 AM
Necron was indeed crazy powerful, but he was more of an impartial force of nature than a villain. Same deal with the Cloud of Darkness.

DarkLadyNyara
06-16-2006, 06:20 AM
Necron was indeed crazy powerful, but he was more of an impartial force of nature than a villain. Same deal with the Cloud of Darkness.
Yeah, that was my take on it.

As for most powerful, Kuja did suceed in destroying a planet. :D

Chris
06-16-2006, 12:45 PM
Kuja did possess some pretty powerful moves, but he became the victim of his own make beliefs.

Christmas
06-16-2006, 01:07 PM
http://www.ffcompendium.com/chara/6kefka-b2.jpg

boys from the dwarf
06-16-2006, 05:41 PM
i would like people to give reasons to justify their ideas and thoughts on who is the most powerful.

Sefie1999AD
06-16-2006, 06:12 PM
My first thought would be that Kuja was the most powerful. When he gained the power of Trance, he used his powers to destroy pretty much an entire planet with one strike. The party was never able to defeat him, either. The Emperor from FFII and Kefka from FFVI were able to demolish towns, but not the entire planet at once. Exdeath had the power of the Void so he was very powerful, being able to devour a lot of towns into the Void, and eventually Neo-Exdeath probably could have devoured everything. He also did well in one-on-one battles, wiping the floors with pretty much everyone he fought (except Guido the Sage).

Sephiroth's Super Nova was a summon so I wouldn't count that one, even though it did destroy the sun and the entire solar system. Ultimecia was quite powerful, one of her attacks was using other planets as weapons IIRC, and she was compressing all time. Sin did a lot of destruction and Gravija turning the sea upside and down was pretty impressive. Vegnagun had the strength to destroy the entire planet of Spira, but I wouldn't count that machine as a villain.

I'd still say Kuja was the most powerful villain, Exdeath being the second most powerful.

boys from the dwarf
06-16-2006, 06:32 PM
im quite sure that the party does defeat kuja. when you win the battle he says "ugh. i was gonna die anyway." or something like that which almost certainly means he was near defeat. if anything sephiroths supernova was just flashy illusions because he can use it more than once in one battle. how can you destroy every planet and the sun twice? unless he can create planets or alter time supernova definetly doesnt count.

Dell
06-16-2006, 06:37 PM
Zeromus is the most strongest but he suffer from Quiet Syndromes.

My choice would be either Kefka, Kuja or Sephiroth.

Kefka is insanely powerful, his soldier will licks his boot if he want to. Plus, with his crazy idea, funny themes. Kefka Palazzo rules! The only flaw is he's a clown.

Kuja is another. If he have more lifespan, he could destroy the world. He's out of luck at that time. Plus: Ultima : GAME OVER. I like Kuja's graceness and he's evil. The only flaw is he wears a thong.

Sephiroth successfully kill a protagonist. His Masamune is strong. The only flaw is he's a momma boy.

boys from the dwarf
06-16-2006, 09:45 PM
id imagine that necron and neo X-death are the most powerful. they are very similar in there goals and also use similar attacks. but as far as i can tell necron is invincible. when defeated he says something like "i am eternal. as long as there is life i shall live on". neo X-death and necron both want to destroy everything except necron isnt actually evil. necron is a gaurdian and has a purpose. while neo X-death has no reason to be so crazily destructive with all the "i will erase everything and then erase myself ". id like this thread to be a bit of a debate about which enemy is the most powerful. so give reasons why you think they are better than any others like i have with necron.

Masamune·1600
06-17-2006, 05:54 AM
Palmer was hit by a truck and survived. He was also the most evil FF villain, as indicated by his ungracious request for tea. I don't see why we're having this debate.

FallenAngel411
06-17-2006, 06:24 AM
Kuja. He may have been too weak psychologically, but he certainly had the power and potential to rip apart the seams of reality. Crazy guy. :love:

Sefie1999AD
06-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Palmer was hit by a truck and survived. He was also the most evil FF villain, as indicated by his ungracious request for tea. I don't see why we're having this debate.

Not to mentioned he told the party members to "Kiss this!" (tapping his butt) during the boss battle and got away with that. :D

im quite sure that the party does defeat kuja. when you win the battle he says "ugh. i was gonna die anyway." or something like that which almost certainly means he was near defeat.

Fair enough, though I wouldn't call it a victory for the party, because winning a battle doesn't mean you get totally demolished by Ultima at the end of the battle, IMHO.

boys from the dwarf
06-17-2006, 12:35 PM
to simplify kujas defeat you can put it this way. kuja lost and zidane didnt win. thats simple enough. the only part that matters there is kuja being defeated. kuja is one of the most powerful but compare this. kuja= enough power to destroy entire planets.
necron= the power to end everything.
chaos=the power of the four fiends.
the emporor= the master of hell.
cloud of darkness= not played FF3 yet.
zeromus= the hatred of zeromus.
neo XD= the power to end the universe.
kefka= not too sure but hes pretty god like in power and can destroy cities with ease.
sephiroth= powerful magic and a cool sword (i wont count the meteor because he needed the black materia to summon it.)
ultimecia= time and the ultimate GF.
sin= can destroy citys and much more but not the entire planet.
vegnagun=destroys the world but is quite weak and take tons of time to gather enough energy to finsh the planet.

Zeromus_X
06-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Since I like going over things...

Chaos/Garland: Didn't become powerful until he 'sacrificed himself' to the fiends. In return, became the classic 'omg I'm the epitome if evilz!!1' villain.

The Emperor: Same deal here. Gave his soul up to hell to control Pandaemonium, although he could already 'summon hellspawn' to do his bidding anyway. Reasonably powerful.

Zande, Cloud of Darkness: Zande, another guy who's a pawn. (We'll be seeeing alot of that.) Cloud of Darkness, as was stated, was a force of nature, and the standard 'epitome of darkness' you just have to take out to save the world.

Golbez, Zemus, Zeromus: Golbez was being controlled by Zemus, already had poweful sorcery. (Possibly as a result of being a Lunarian.) Zemus was already a very powerful Lunarian, it did take the power of the Lunar Crystals to seal him away. Even then, he did have a bit of telepathy or something to control so many people. Zeromus is the manifestation of Zemus' hatred, our good old 'epitome of darkness', or hatred in this case.

X-Death, Neo X-Death: X-Death (as I recall) was the spirit of one of the trees in the Mua forest, and I recall he had formidable magic powers. Still, he was overcome by the power of the Void, and was engulfed by it. As for Neo...he's just our Deus ex Machina final boss. (See the last four final bosses.)

Ghastra, Kefka: Ghastra was pretty powerful, but Kefka got a little more boost in power, backstabbing him in the end, and becoming the 'nihilistic godlike' villain we all know and love. Essentially caused the destruction of the planet, or more accurately, it's ruin. Very powerful.

Sephiroth, Jenova: Jenova is the 'calamity of the skies', infecting the Centra and being sealed away, not much else to discuss on it. (Her?) Sephy was a very powerful Jenova-infused SOLDIER, and with great willpower too. (Enough to resist Jenova's control, at the least.) Becomes a nihilistic god, yaddayadda. Summons that spiffy meteor, at least he's got that going. Pretty powerful.

Ultimecia: Pretty powerful. However, can only possess Sorceresses, and couldn't compress time until the gang helped her. (If only to defeat her.) Comes with the standard package, angelic appearance, and big celestial attack. Can't go home without one.

Kuja, Necron: Kuja was powerful, if only after he discovered Trance. (He did blow up Terra, at least.) Necron is also our standard Deus ex Machina final boss, nothing terribly special about him. Well, they did combine the 'epitome of darkness' and 'nihilistic god' into ONE whole final boss, they must be doing something right.

Seymour, Sin/Yu Yevon: Seymour portrays our nihilistic god very well, if only because Spira has some wacky standards on dying...oh well. Yu Yevon is much like Zemus in the way that he's the little puppeteer behind it all. Too bad you have to dig a bit deeper to get some back story on him. (I guess being inside Sin for so long turns you into a weird parasite thing...huh.)

So either they're nihilistic gods who become powerful over time, are some 'force of nature' or 'epitome of darkness', or are already moderately powerful and have been controlling everything and summon/become the epitome of darkness. Works for me.

Dell
06-17-2006, 06:35 PM
Visually, Sin and Vegnagun is the most powerful (Excluding Chaos, Zeromus and ExDeath). They're big and people feared them, in this case, I'll choose Vegnagun, Shuyin controlled him, that's mean: Ultimate Power + Working Brains, that's a perfect villain, I didn't go for Sin because he attack blatantly.

In battle, Kuja and Necron is the hardest. Kuja is not really a problem but he did spam good magic. You can lose to Necron, the Grand Cross + Neutron Ring, can most likely kill low-level member. Kuja release Ultima in the battle, ending the battle. FFIX villain wins in this.

Facts and Story: I will go for Sephiroth, Kuja and Kefka. Three of them are evil. Sephiroth kill Aeris and lots of Shinra's soldier, he also kill his tatoo companion. Summoning Giant Meteor to hit the planet is also cruel. Sephiroth also stab Tseng. Kuja is another Evil guy. Kuja didn't care about the others, Brahne, Zorn and Thorn etc. Plus, Kuja's smart, he manage to trick an elephant lady. Kuja can also pack some punches, and Bahamut even fall in the trap. Kefka is another. Kefka is not nice at all, all he cares is power, he control the Magitek like his own doll. My vote goes to Kefka.

My Conclusion: KEFKA PALAZZO.

boys from the dwarf
06-17-2006, 08:02 PM
i dont think sephiroths meteor should count because it was only through the black materia that he was able to summon it. sephiroths powerful without the meteor though. but i still dont think the meteor should count as sephiroths power. technically necron isnt a villain but i think necrons probly the most powerful FF character. mainly because he has just about as much power as any other FF main villain + he cant really be destroyed and it pretty much says at the end of the battle that he is invincible and he also can destroy everything. and usually things with necro in it E.G. necromancer or necron mean death or something like death. so necron pretty much means the end of all things. for villains though id have to say neo X-death, kuja or kefka. neo X-death is just like necron except he is killed and destroyed. you see kuja use more power than you see nearly any FF enemy use. he destroys a whole planet. i think terra was a small planet and he may not be powerful enough to destroy the whole of gaia but hes still incredibly powerful. and ive not completed FF6 but from what i know, kefka evelvates his power to god-like power and im assuming we never see the full extent of his power. i guess kefka or neo X-death are the most powerful.

Sefie1999AD
06-17-2006, 08:41 PM
Boys from the dwarf, you keep saying Necron is invincible, immortal and stuff. If I'm not mistaken, you're saying that because of his line: "This is not the end. I am eternal... as long as there is life and death..." I think that line is a tribute to FFIV's Zeromus. Here are Zeromus' final words (from the fan translation of FFIV Hard Type for SNES): "... I will not perish... as long as evil... lurks in the... hearts of man..." followed by this dialogue:

Kain: "But about those final words that Zeromus left..."
Rosa: "As long as evil hearts still exist..."
FuSoYa: "Everyone holds both good and evil in his soul... just like there are Crystals of Light and Darkness... Evil will never disappear... but as long as humans continue to band together... cherishing the ideals of virtue, trust, and honor, it will never triumph."

So you could say Zeromus is also eternal. Besides, Necron clearly lost to the heroes. He exploded and diminished into nothing. His attempt to end all realities was stopped. He can come back, but then again, didn't Sephiroth also say something like that when he was defeated by Cloud: "I won't become just a memory..." It seems FF villains like claiming they can never be killed and that they'd always come back. :rolleyes2

DarkLadyNyara
06-17-2006, 09:31 PM
It seems FF villains like claiming they can never be killed and that they'd always come back.
Tell me about it. FFII- "No! I...will...NOT...DIE!"

boys from the dwarf
06-17-2006, 09:42 PM
i could have sworn that although necron explodes a bit and dissapears he was still there and not dead. its true that its a reference to FF4 but zeromuses line was just some sort of taunt and desparate last words where necrons i think was genuine.

Eiko Guy
06-17-2006, 11:13 PM
the sin before jecht is the strongest becuz we know that two ppl have to die ta kill him the sin we fight is always holding back so that he doesnt kill tidus remember his overdrive that kills you and scars the entire planet that was not his full power he was holding it back and hes been alive for athousand years only being destroyed when he allows himself to be they could not have beat jecht if he didnt let them weaken him before losing control

Goldenboko
06-18-2006, 04:31 AM
Well it highly depends how you look at it Ultimetia can compress time basically ending all existance
Sephiroth can summon a huge Meteor to destroy the Solar System
Kuja sucessfully destroys a planet
Necron can end all existance
Kefka has the power of the planet
The Emperor dies and becomes the King of Hell
Sin terrorizes Spira for 1,000 years without being stopped
What do they all have in common? They all end up being defeated by the main heroes. No matter how they say they are immortal they are defeated. So the entire thing is basically a tie. Besides destroy the world or destroy all existance it all comes down to the same thing the end of mankind and that is all mankind truly cares about

Eiko Guy
06-18-2006, 06:04 AM
except for sin he wasnt defeated by the main heroes he is more "i want to die so i can stop killing if he put up a real fight i think they would have just been crushed smeared and left to wash off when his scales drop

Dell
06-18-2006, 06:16 AM
except for sin he wasnt defeated by the main heroes he is more "i want to die so i can stop killing if he put up a real fight i think they would have just been crushed smeared and left to wash off when his scales drop

So Sin is the worst villain? Not really, Sin can give huge impact, don't you see, how Sin destroy Kilika? The flaw he have, is Jecht. However, Jecht is just Sin, he con't control Sin. That's why I say Vegnagun, Human's Brain + Ultimate Power.

boys from the dwarf
06-18-2006, 08:35 AM
i think sin would eventually become the strongest because he gets stronger with each new form. i dont thinks theirs any obvous strongest. neo X-death and necron can destroy everything but their disadvantage is that they have to do it all in one (so they cant just destroy it bit by bit.). while kuja can just destroy a planet with his near kimitless power. enemies vary a lot. they have similarities but its near impossible to choose the most powerful. kuja can destroy planets and neo X-death can end the universe. just because neo-X-death can cause more destruction doesnt means hed actually beat kuja in a fight (although he might. im not sure. i just used that as an example.)

Sefie1999AD
06-18-2006, 09:08 PM
i think sin would eventually become the strongest because he gets stronger with each new form. i dont thinks theirs any obvous strongest. neo X-death and necron can destroy everything but their disadvantage is that they have to do it all in one (so they cant just destroy it bit by bit.). while kuja can just destroy a planet with his near kimitless power. enemies vary a lot. they have similarities but its near impossible to choose the most powerful. kuja can destroy planets and neo X-death can end the universe. just because neo-X-death can cause more destruction doesnt means hed actually beat kuja in a fight (although he might. im not sure. i just used that as an example.)

In a fight of Kuja vs. Neo Exdeath, I think whoever gets to use their strongest attack first would win. Kuja could demolish all of Neo Exdeath's giant... body... thing with Flare Star and Ultima, and Neo Exdeath has Meteor, Grand Cross (probably doesn't work on Kuja, though, since I think he's immune to all status ailments) and the power of the Void, although he can't control that power.

Squall_VIII
06-20-2006, 07:18 PM
also sin can return so he is not truly defeated.

gabrielo2580
06-21-2006, 12:32 PM
sin because only FF i played is ffx lol

actually sin just like vegnagun technichally isnt really a boss cuz vegnagun was bieng controlled by shuyin and sin was bieng controlled by a final aeon and the aeon is controlled by yu yevon

Edit by Psychotic: As said previously, please don't double post, gabrielo2580, and use the edit/delete button if you have anything further to add.

blackmage_nuke
06-21-2006, 12:37 PM
Sephiroth, because he will not remain a memory?

But i think Kefka is the most powerful because his face is too hilarious to fight.

Dell
06-21-2006, 04:35 PM
Ultros. No contest!

The talkative boss rules!

Mirage
06-21-2006, 04:54 PM
I think Kefka had the power to destroy the entire world if he just wanted. the thing is that he is a sadistic bastard, and just enjoys terrorising the world. Who would he play around with if he killed everyone? :p
Anyway, I'm not really sure who I think is the most powerful. Zemus or Kuja would both be good choices. Zemus because he was poweful enough to manipulate a person at a great distance while still being sealed, and Kuja because he, well, could blow up an entire planet.
NOW, WITNESS THE POWER OF THIS FULLY OPERATIONAL TRANCE.

Eiko Guy
06-23-2006, 10:30 PM
were not gonna let this thread die are we i mean what is the only boss you had to destroy piece by piece

sin

Qurange
06-23-2006, 10:53 PM
Sin wasn't a villain, though; Sin was a mindless force of destruction.

I'd have to say that the most powerful was Ultimecia; she had, literally, the power to rewrite existence, and was in the process of expanding that power exponentially.

Hambone
06-24-2006, 02:29 AM
Sephiroth. He is just... bad.

Eiko Guy
06-24-2006, 03:36 AM
sephiroth wasn't bad he thought he was doing good and sin = mindless destruction so we didnt say smartest evil villain we said most powerful ultemecia couldnt compress time without squall and co's help

Hambone
06-24-2006, 03:42 AM
sephiroth pwns.

DarkLadyNyara
06-24-2006, 06:49 AM
sephiroth pwns.
Must... resist... mama's boy... jokes...

Darkwing Bahamut
06-24-2006, 09:03 AM
Necron is the most powerful villain. He cannot be defeated, since he is eternal as long as there is life and death...

NorthernChaosGod
07-02-2006, 05:49 AM
Necron is the most powerful villain. He cannot be defeated, since he is eternal as long as there is life and death...
That's like saying Time is the most powerful villain because eventually all heroes will age and die.

Sephiroth FTW.

DarkLadyNyara
07-02-2006, 07:35 AM

Necron isn't a villan so much as a force.

Darkwing Bahamut
07-02-2006, 07:53 AM
He's still a villain though, an evil character you had to fight in FFIX.

DarkLadyNyara
07-02-2006, 07:57 AM
Meh, Necron, in my opinion, isn't evil. But that's a discussion for another thread.

Zeromus_X
07-02-2006, 08:35 AM
Necron is the final boss, but not the main antagonist. Kuja was. Kuja destroyed a whole freaking planet, so I guess he's got something going on.

Tg.cid
07-30-2006, 08:34 PM
I'm the most powerful FF villain

Aside from that, they're all EASY! which means none are powerfull.

VISUALLY sins seems like the most powerful.
yes i agree sin was preety hard i did in 4 tryes
:cool:

Aurongel
07-31-2006, 12:56 AM
dude,l have to dis-agree, SIN can by far demolish a planet, as you saw, in one of the last few FMV's SIN used that huge Graviton thing, which mis-placed the whole system of evaporation, hence creating a hurricane, and that huge ass lava explosion thing, the only reason this wasn't bigger was because SIN was Jecht (if you played the game you'll know). But adversly, if Tidus, and friends didn't defeat Seymour Omnis (inside of SIN) then Seymour would do the gravioton, but that whole explosion, would reach EVERYWHERE, EVERY CONTINENT, UNDER EVERY ROCK, EVEN GRANDMAS HOUSE, but this time SINS not gonna blow down the 3 little piggies house, hes gunna freakin vaporize the porkers

Aurongel
07-31-2006, 12:58 AM
LOL

Kefka_Almighty
07-31-2006, 05:25 AM
were not gonna let this thread die are we i mean what is the only boss you had to destroy piece by piece

sin

Technically, that's not true, as we can say there were two bosses in FF VII you had to destroy piece by piece, seeing as how Sephiroth threw JENOVA beings at you that were created through pieces of her body, thus causing several fights with JENOVA entities, and you split your party into three groups in order to destroy the three parts of Bizarro Sephiroth before fighting Safer Sephiroth.

I'd like to say Kefka was the most powerful, but the more I think about it, the more I think there were really much more powerful villains than him; I've really come to the conclusion he was just the most sadistic and evil.

I'd have to go with Ultemicia, do to the fact that she basically effectively stopped time and could re-write history if she so desired.

Also, no offense to those saying Sin can return, but Sin could only return because Yu Yevon hadn't been sent to the Far Plane, as well as the fact that the Aeons were still active and being used. Seeing as how they defeated Yu Yevon and allowed the Aeons eternal respite, as well as not having used a Final Aeon (the usual process of defeating Sin, by which we learned Yu Yevon would then take control of and recreate Sin), he can't come back as he has nothing to attach his spirit to and reform Sin. Bahamut had explained that Sin was basically his armor and that the real Sin was the Final Aeon that Yevon would take possession of. Since no Final Aeon was used to defeat Sin this last time, Yevon had nothing to cling to and thus could not come back.

ljkkjlcm9
07-31-2006, 06:06 AM
You know I've been thinking about it, and do any of the FF villians really die? I suppose a few do...

FFI, Chaos is alive continuosly because of a time loop, supposively we break that time loop, but I mean technically can't time just loop again and he's back!

FFII, Alright I guess he did die, but you know, you play as a bunch of dead people in DoS, so even dead people aren't dead!

FFIII, I'm still not quite sure even where they came from, I suppose it'll be better explained to me in the revamped version so I'll tell you then.

FFIV, as long as there is hatred

FFV, Hmm, well he had to be locked away cause he couldn't be killed the first time. Did we really kill him? I suppose, but the void still exists so who really knows!

FFVI, Yeah kefka pretty much died, but so did every esper and magic

FFVII, well he came back in AC, and he refuses to be a memory, so he can always come back again.

FFVIII, when you beat it you find out it's a huge loop, if they never beat Ultimicea, she never would have went to the past and given her powers to Edea, and yadda yadda.

FFIX, people have already stated this many times so blah

FFX, Sin man, even called sin, and we know you can't get rid of sin, because it's in the hearts of men! haha

that's my two cents because I'm bored

THE JACKEL

boys from the dwarf
07-31-2006, 08:36 AM
even though you fight him that doesnt instantly make necron evil. i guess sin and necron and a few others dont really count as villains but we should discuss their powers anyway. i see a few good points about ultimecias powers but in the game its technically impossible to lose the fight because if ultimecia wasnt destroyed edea wouldnt have got her powers. its hard to explain but heres my attempt. ultimecias dead already but it hasnt happened yet. so basically the time loop seems to have doomed her and made it so shes almost destined to lose. her power is similar to that of the void in FF5 because in the first stage of the battle she takes away k.oed characters and magically transports them to some sort of non existence and she has the powers of greiver+ that last form. FF villains vary and their powers vary so much thats it near impossible for their to be an absolute best one.

manashima
08-18-2006, 06:50 AM
For Esdeath

Neo-Exdeath is the void itself, thus he remarks about doing himself-in. Officially, The heroes of FFV dont defeat Ex-death during their battle, he looses control of the Void, and the Void consumes him and becomes Neo-Exdeath, who has FULL controll of the voids power obviously.

For Necron

after Zidane and companys death at the hand of Kuja's Ultima and being transferred to the relm of souls(where souls went when they died and the Lifa Tree controlled) There they faced Necron who was the Lifa tree Physical manifestation, who after they defreated him the tre itself started to decay and destroy and Zidane and Co proved there will to lived and were "revived".

Crimson
08-18-2006, 06:59 PM
penance was by far the most powerful FF villian.

The Crystal
08-18-2006, 07:19 PM
I want just to remember you guys, that Super Trance Kuja cannot ONLY destroy planets. He can manipulate reallity too. The prove of this, is that he created the entire world of Memoria.

In my opinion, in story-wise, Ex-Death, Kuja and Ultimecia, are the most powerfull of them all.

manashima
08-19-2006, 01:56 AM
Exdeath couldnt control the power that made him so powerful though, he got swallowed by it himself afterall

boys from the dwarf
08-19-2006, 09:55 PM
You know I've been thinking about it, and do any of the FF villians really die? I suppose a few do...

FFI, Chaos is alive continuosly because of a time loop, supposively we break that time loop, but I mean technically can't time just loop again and he's back!

my opinion: once chaos is defeated. the time loop is broken and the loop that created chaos is also broken so that completely erased chaos from existing. after the time loop is broken chaos never existed. no one remembers him because the breaking of the loop means it never happened.

FFII, Alright I guess he did die, but you know, you play as a bunch of dead people in DoS, so even dead people aren't dead!

my opinion: on soul of rebirth ive heard things about the light emporor having to be destroyed for the king of hell emporor to be destroyed and stuff. so hes invincible unless his opposite dead spirit is destroyed.

FFIII, I'm still not quite sure even where they came from, I suppose it'll be better explained to me in the revamped version so I'll tell you then.

my opinion: ive not played FF3.

FFIV, as long as there is hatred

my opinion: that was more of a bluff but i do think that zeromus could come back. if another super powerful magic man is killed, zeromus could take control of the hate and manifest again. at least i think so. i think the thing that made zeromus is some sort of god like form that feeds off hatred and can use it to materialize in the physical world or something like that. has someone said something like this before because i think im on to something with this zeromus stuff.

FFV, Hmm, well he had to be locked away cause he couldn't be killed the first time. Did we really kill him? I suppose, but the void still exists so who really knows!

my opinion: neo X-death is X-death combined with the full power of the void. when X-death manipulated the void he was overwhelmed and sucked in. his power lived on in the void and merged with the void to create neo X-death i think. im not too sure on the full extent of neo x-deaths power though.

FFVI, Yeah kefka pretty much died, but so did every esper and magic

my opinion: well kefkas just a sadistic god like in power magic junkie. he could porbably do a lot more damage than he does in the game but he sadistic.

FFVII, well he came back in AC, and he refuses to be a memory, so he can always come back again.

my opinion: as long as the reunion still happens and jenova and sephiroth cells still exist, sephiroths revival will be possible. im not too sure on the specifics on this but im quite sure im right.

FFVIII, when you beat it you find out it's a huge loop, if they never beat Ultimicea, she never would have went to the past and given her powers to Edea, and yadda yadda.

my opinion: i could write hours and hours of theory and stuff about ultimecia but that would only start a huge debate thread and then wed never be able to get on with our lives. her power is greatly underrated and people often wrongly consider her much weaker than a lot of other FF villains. id hardly call the final form of ultimecia weak. before the fight starts you see energy explosions around her and shes pretty much not ultimecia anymore. more an embodiment of ultimecias powers.

FFIX, people have already stated this many times so blah

my opinion: ive already said my opinion and there are tons of others around the thread.

FFX, Sin man, even called sin, and we know you can't get rid of sin, because it's in the hearts of men! haha

my opinion: sin isnt the manifestation of sin. its just a cool name i suppose. i think sin has the potential to be the most powerful enemy. when you fight him you can tell that he has the power to destroys lots of things with his graviton. he could probably destroy the world. and the final aeon is always more powerful than sin so when yu yevon possesses it it will be stronger than the previous sin. eventually sin would have become infinetly powerful and become the most powerful thing anyone has seen.

that's my two cents because I'm bored

my opinion: yeah. these long debate threads can be boring.
THE JACKAL
THE DWARF lol.

QuinnQuin
09-02-2006, 12:10 AM
I'm gonna try and enter my two cents in on this thread.

In my opinion, Necron--and I am not saying this to undermine, or to incur wrath, but merely to shead light--is not the most powerful. Yes he did still exist in some way after the battle, however in what way he existed is up to debate. His ability to "destroy all existance" does not exist within himself but in destroying the crystal. Yes, he was convinced that beings have the right to exist, but ONLY because of his defeat. Now if he were truly all-powerful and hell-bent on ending all, then he would have had NO problem vanquishig Zidane's party in the end, especially if he were all-powerful.

In my opinion, the most powerful villain in the series to date was Yu Yevon. I say this despising all that is (X) and (X-2). My reason is simply this, Yevon, having ascended past flesh, now could possess pretty much any deitic character or unsent. And as he was merely sent to the Farplane in his defeat, like all other unsents, he could still return...if he still no longer possessed humanity. It is even possible that if Yu Yevon and Necron were to fight, Yevon could possess Necron making him the new SIN.

however this is merely my own opinion.

Alexander
09-02-2006, 08:52 PM
I WOULD say Necron. But no, he's not a villain. Kuja is FFIX's villain. Have a nice day. :D

Battle-wise, the most powerful is, without a doubt, Kefka. Havoc Wing, Goner, Fallen One, Train - they all cause me problems even when I'm at high levels (unlikely). Good runner-ups would be Zeromus and Jenova (come one, SHE is the TRUE villain of FFVII!)

Storyline-wise? Yu Yevon. Even though he is a TOTAL LOSER battle-wise, in storyline he _is_ pretty powerful. He is... Yevon, duh! @_@ Runner-ups are Kuja and Kefka (those two actually managed to destroy a planet, you know) and, even though I hate to admit it, Ultimecia (okay, she is a wimp battle-wise, and a bad villain, but she still can possess Sorceresses and comrpess time x.x)

And, in my opinion, Sephiroth is a total loser, manipulated by Jenova, thinking that he is the one behind it all... kind liek Golbez, but at least Golbez realizes that he was a puppet. Sephiroth dies in ignorance. XD

Rocket Edge
09-04-2006, 01:41 PM
I don't know if you mean final or optional (overall any) boss, but i thought Omega Weapon was the hardest out of any FF game. I don't think i need to give an explanation, i mean, the guy's almost invincable.

Trance_Kuja
09-04-2006, 10:14 PM
im quite sure that the party does defeat kuja. when you win the battle he says "ugh. i was gonna die anyway." or something like that which almost certainly means he was near defeat. if anything sephiroths supernova was just flashy illusions because he can use it more than once in one battle. how can you destroy every planet and the sun twice? unless he can create planets or alter time supernova definetly doesnt count.

He kills himslef AND the entire party at the same time using Ultima, he just decides he has had enough. And i also agree he is the most powerful villain.

The Crystal
09-05-2006, 06:43 PM
He kills himslef AND the entire party at the same time using Ultima, he just decides he has had enough. And i also agree he is the most powerful villain.

I love Kuja, but he isn't the most powerfull(in story-wise). Kuja destroyed a small dead planet(located in the core of Gaia).
The most powerfull are Ex-Death(in the end, he could use the Void to destroy all the universe, if i remember correctlly) and Ultimecia(in the end, she was absorbing all time and space to inside her body).

Melkor_
09-05-2006, 07:22 PM
Sefiros

boys from the dwarf
09-05-2006, 09:41 PM

in raw power kuja is probably the most powerful villain (i agree with people who say kefka is capable of destroying a planet but is too sadistic. so he may be more powerful than kuja or on level terms but there is no proof of kefka being able to do this.)

kuja can destroy pretty much anthing which in one way makes him the most powerful but in others ways neo X-death is the most powerful villain because 1. he is the void combined with X-deaths powers. 2. he has the power to erase everything.

so i guess theres more than one type of most powerful, if you know what i mean. to simplify E.G. kuja can destroy a planet and cause mass destruction. neo X-death can destroy the universe but cant do all of the things that kuja can do.

as this debate goes on i become more and more convinced that neo X-death is the most powerful. notice how the backround is just a wierd craziness of colours and when you fight him he has extremely powerful moves like ultragust and grand cross which seem to make the entire universe unstable (remember when it says "the universe is in peril." before he uses a special move.) neo X-death is an uncontrolable force of madness and pure destruction. he looks crazy, when you fight him (i dont even think i should call it a him. its too wierd to be a he or a she.) the background is mad and he just seems so much more powerful than most villains.

oh and just to remind some ingnorant people who may be reading. remember that kuja can use ultima without killing himself. he does it when he first goes into trance and he also uses it to destroy terra without killing himself. its sort of annoying if people dont understand that kuja can do that move without killing himself. im not talking to anyone inperticular. just a small reminder.

Trance_Kuja
09-06-2006, 12:02 PM

in raw power kuja is probably the most powerful villain (i agree with people who say kefka is capable of destroying a planet but is too sadistic. so he may be more powerful than kuja or on level terms but there is no proof of kefka being able to do this.)

kuja can destroy pretty much anthing which in one way makes him the most powerful but in others ways neo X-death is the most powerful villain because 1. he is the void combined with X-deaths powers. 2. he has the power to erase everything.

so i guess theres more than one type of most powerful, if you know what i mean. to simplify E.G. kuja can destroy a planet and cause mass destruction. neo X-death can destroy the universe but cant do all of the things that kuja can do.

as this debate goes on i become more and more convinced that neo X-death is the most powerful. notice how the backround is just a wierd craziness of colours and when you fight him he has extremely powerful moves like ultragust and grand cross which seem to make the entire universe unstable (remember when it says "the universe is in peril." before he uses a special move.) neo X-death is an uncontrolable force of madness and pure destruction. he looks crazy, when you fight him (i dont even think i should call it a him. its too wierd to be a he or a she.) the background is mad and he just seems so much more powerful than most villains.

oh and just to remind some ingnorant people who may be reading. remember that kuja can use ultima without killing himself. he does it when he first goes into trance and he also uses it to destroy terra without killing himself. its sort of annoying if people dont understand that kuja can do that move without killing himself. im not talking to anyone inperticular. just a small reminder.

No one is saying he was killed by ultima because it is so powerful, he purposely killed himself by using ultima. I hope this makes sense.

Forsaken Lover
09-12-2006, 01:19 PM
I need to point out a few things...

Kuja was never a puppet. He was made to be but his actions and destruction were all in accordance with his own goals.

Second, his normal form took on Bahamut and got a scratch. A full-on assault from the most powerful eidelon (a weaker one, Odin, destroyed Cleyra with ease. Atomos swallowed an entire district, as well) and laughed. He then took a shot meant to kill him from the Invincible and it devastated all of Alexandria but couldn't kill him. His later power includes planet-desturction, spawning monsters like the Chaoses and Deathguise, making 'killing' the party and some sort of dimensional teleportation. Well, that beats Seph in a big hole using a materia which is magic anyoen can do if they're in the right area. It also beats Kefka's Light of Judgment.

The Crystal
09-13-2006, 02:18 AM
He then took a shot meant to kill him from the Invincible and it devastated all of Alexandria but couldn't kill him. His later power includes planet-desturction, spawning monsters like the Chaoses and Deathguise, making 'killing' the party and some sort of dimensional teleportation. Well, that beats Seph in a big hole using a materia which is magic anyoen can do if they're in the right area. It also beats Kefka's Light of Judgment.

The shot of the Invincible was meant to kill him? I remember that Garland wanted to kill Alexander, not Kuja.

Terra was a small dying planet, located in the core of Gaia(like the Ultimania Guide said). Kuja destroying it, doesn't make him a planet buster. I mean, i doubt that Kuja would be capable of destroying a planet with the same size of Gaia or Earth.

If i remember well, all the monsters in the last dungeon were created by Kuja using the power and the memorys of the Original Crystal, so, he cannot create them by himself.

Forsaken Lover
09-14-2006, 03:45 PM
The shot of the Invincible was meant to kill him? I remember that Garland wanted to kill Alexander, not Kuja.

Garland: You have gone too far, Kuja. I granted you the freedom to do as you wish in Gaia for one purpose alone. Now that you have lost sight of your mission, I will no longer tolerate your actions. You have not the slightest idea whom you are defying. I will show you soon enough. You too, Zidane...

Then the Invincible blasts apart Alexandria. So, he’s talking about Kuja betraying him and stopping it. Plus we know Zidane will be at the point where hs surpasses Kuja soon. So, logic dictates he was trying to kill Kuja.

Terra was a small dying planet, located in the core of Gaia(like the Ultimania Guide said). Kuja destroying it, doesn't make him a planet buster. I mean, i doubt that Kuja would be capable of destroying a planet with the same size of Gaia or Earth.

There’s that unsupported reference again. A full quote with a link to where you got the translation from be appreciated. Besides, what is a crystal made out of? Is it harder than the crust of our planet? We don’t know. If he can destroy the source of all existence, maybe he can destroy the crust of our planet and hit the core and boom goes Earth.

If i remember well, all the monsters in the last dungeon were created by Kuja using the power and the memorys of the Original Crystal, so, he cannot create them by himself.

Oh, I see. This again is your “well, he used the Mist” argument. Well, I’m using this keyboard to make these words. Someone somewhere else is using a crutch to walk. Does that mean that the keyboard does everything or does my brain and fingers have something to do with it? Does that persons’ leg strength act in accordance with the crutch to help them walk? He used the crystal. He used the Mist. But both were only able to be used from his own power. You are trying to tell me that Regent Cid or an oglop or just some random person or mage can create the Chaoses? Or the Black Mages? They were Kuja’s creations utilizing his own brillaince and power.

Forsaken Lover
10-26-2006, 02:12 AM
So...the power chart.

1. kuja- Nuked/busted a planet, crossed dimension and space back to Gaia, forced the roots of the Iifa Tree out from deep within the ground, make a pocket world/dimension to get to the crystal.
2. Neo X-Death- A city-destroying mage merged with the powers of the Void.
3. Kefka- Could have easily nuked the entire planet on a whim but never achieved or showed this.
4. Ultamecia- Used Elione along with her own powers to compress time.

Nasarian Altimeros
10-26-2006, 02:18 AM
You forgot Necron, who supposedly had the power to destroy all existence.

Forsaken Lover
10-26-2006, 02:22 AM
Necron was there for all of one scene and one fight. No one knows what he is. Speculation yes, but no one knows. So, I find it a bit bizarre to rank him in terms of power. If he was only the center of the Iifa Tree, then he's not that tough. If the other theories about him being some sort of anti-crystla anti-life force, then he would be above them all. As is, we don't knwo enough so we can't rank him.

James16
10-26-2006, 06:12 PM
I don't know if you mean final or optional (overall any) boss, but i thought Omega Weapon was the hardest out of any FF game. I don't think i need to give an explanation, i mean, the guy's almost invincable.

I agree Omega was MORE than just a pain in the ass..:mad: I tried forever to beat him an i swear the only reason i did was mearly by luck. Or emarld weapon was very very freckin hard.

Ryushikaze
10-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Kuja. Effortless planet glass/busting for the win.

If Ulti actually succeeded, she'd top him, being reality and all, but she never succeeded.

The Crystal
10-26-2006, 09:49 PM
I heard that Neo Ex-Death(that is the Void itself) can destroy the entire universe. Someone can confirm this?

And Forsaken Lover, normal Kuja cannot create the Black Mages without mist, and Super Trance Kuja cannot create Memoria and the chaoses without the Original Crystal. Okay, maybe he was capable of controlling the power of the Crystal because he is a powerful mage, but the fact is: He cannot create Memoria and the chaoses without it, meaning that the Crystal is a plot device and is NOT PART OF KUJA'S POWERS. If you put "Super Trance Kuja using the power of the Original Crystal", then yes, he is the most powerfull of them all, but if you put "Super Trance Kuja" he probably isn't.
Kuja using the Crystal was the same thing of him, using the Invincible. You will say now, that he can destroy entire cities just because he was capable of controlling it?
Kuja didn't absorb the Crystal, meaning that he is NOT capable of doing this things BY HIMSELF.

Ryushikaze
10-26-2006, 11:13 PM
I heard that Neo Ex-Death(that is the Void itself) can destroy the entire universe. Someone can confirm this?

And Forsaken Lover, normal Kuja cannot create the Black Mages without mist, and Super Trance Kuja cannot create Memoria and the chaoses without the Original Crystal. Okay, maybe he was capable of controlling the power of the Crystal because he is a powerful mage, but the fact is: He cannot create Memoria and the chaoses without it, meaning that the Crystal is a plot device and is NOT PART OF KUJA'S POWERS. If you put "Super Trance Kuja using the power of the Original Crystal", then yes, he is the most powerfull of them all, but if you put "Super Trance Kuja" he probably isn't.
Kuja using the Crystal was the same thing of him, using the Invincible. You will say now, that he can destroy entire cities just because he was capable of controlling it?
Kuja didn't absorb the Crystal, meaning that he is NOT capable of doing this things BY HIMSELF.

Trance Kuja STILL totally outclasses all the other villians, by being able to cause, soley under his own power what is by definition is teraton minumum level event, IE: Planet glassing.

None of the other villians actually come close to this. X-death's demonstrated acts are incredibly iffy, in that anything sucked into the X-zone was not destroyed, and that the X-zone, like Star Trek's subspace, is a pre-existing handwavium.
Post compression Ulty would have beaten Kuja, since she, as mentioned, previously, would have been reality. Problem is, she never achieved her goals, and aside from the 'your most powerful thought' wank that people like to pull (despite the heavy evidence that Griever was a pre-existing GF), she really didn't do a whole lot of impressive things. It doesn't help matters that in game battle is generally useless for these purposes.

The Crystal
10-27-2006, 12:19 AM

Trance Kuja STILL totally outclasses all the other villians, by being able to cause, soley under his own power what is by definition is teraton minumum level event, IE: Planet glassing.

None of the other villians actually come close to this. X-death's demonstrated acts are incredibly iffy, in that anything sucked into the X-zone was not destroyed, and that the X-zone, like Star Trek's subspace, is a pre-existing handwavium.
Post compression Ulty would have beaten Kuja, since she, as mentioned, previously, would have been reality. Problem is, she never achieved her goals, and aside from the 'your most powerful thought' wank that people like to pull (despite the heavy evidence that Griever was a pre-existing GF), she really didn't do a whole lot of impressive things. It doesn't help matters that in game battle is generally useless for these purposes.

It's okay. Maybe you are right, maybe not. But what i want, is Forsaken Lover to understand that Kuja is not a reality manipulator.

Darth Cid
10-27-2006, 12:47 AM
My 2 gil.

FFI: Garland was an impossible, it was hard to understand his motives or why he was the lucky person to become Chaos, in the remakes, it goes into further detail, but the fiends revive him and he revives the fiends, the time paradox will eventually break(and does), how Garland believed his methods would work was beyond my understanding.

FFII: I'd rate Emperor among the best, due to his powerful attempts to destroy those who didn't surrender, he used the Warship/Dreadnought, turned Leon against his friends, he controlled a cyclone to destroy what the Warship/Dreadnought couldn't, and finally gave the final test...in death...in the original Pandaemonium.

FFIII: From what I've heard Zande is insane.

FFIV: Zemus is power, pure and simple, in his own sleep, he can control Golbez and turn him against his brother and the world. Through this, he was successful in getting Golbez to release the Giant of Bab-il, a powerful machine, and after the Giant failed, Zemus had a showdown with Golbez and FoSoYu and died only to be reborn as pure hatred. As Zeromus, he could tear up the heros(if you weren't careful) Big Bang did damge and slip damage, mix with a Weak/Tornado spell, and a hero is instantly down. Black Hole disabled special benefits so you truly have to be prepared to face this fiend.

FFV: X-Death had a bizarre vision, first off, I didn't care for FFV due its lack of interaction. And X-Death's vision was to take the Void, Envo tried that long ago. How he does plan succed where Envo failed? It never mentions different tactics he tried to use to try to contain the Void, his final form, Neo X-Death is powerful.

FFVI: Kefka is one of the greatest and most sadistic villains I've seen. He poisons rivers against orders, takes Espers by the dozen, and after taking the power of the goddesses, he decides to ruin entire continents from the comfort of his tower built literally from scraps. The sad thing is Kefka is a god with the power of three goddesses so why did a group of mortals manage to beat him?

FFVII: Sephiroth: The look, the weapon, the dialogue, the motive. Sephiroth is one insane momma's boy. His power of using his opponent's emotions is incredibles, emotions are a powerful weapon. The Meteor was a great touch too.

FFVIII: Ultimecia, controls Edea, and then she controls Rinoa(like that's hard) the actual battle against her wasing impressively annoying. I was like, "I have your patterns down, DIE!"

FFIX: I will never truly consider Necron the main villain. Kuja is evil, he wastes thousands of lives, encourages the stealing of Eidolons from summoners, turns the stolen Eidolon against its thief, and turns on allies, only save his own selfish ass. When you break it down, this guy gives scum a bad name, and that's what I like in a villain.

FFX: Seymour is- *Drops on keyboard bhhn b nhighlvn hbvgbh ghhb vv ghb vgvg * Wh-what's the question?

Forsaken Lover
10-27-2006, 01:17 AM

No. I will say Kuja can destroy entire cities and planets because he did do this. He can destroy a planet. That's fact. You demean it but I could give a crap because he did destroy a planet and nothing you can say is provable that he couldn't do the same to another planet. And, maybe he did use the Crystal's power to create Memoria. You know what that means? He can cross entire dimensions and space. If he can get to the Crystla World just on his own power, he is punching his way through dimensions. I count that as impressive.

And do you know he used the Crystal to make Memoria?
Let's see...if he did, he cross entire dimensions to reach the Crystal. If he didn't, he spawned a pocket world with his own power. Impressive. Not to mention all those Silver Dragons and Deathguise didn't come out of nowhere. How do you know he didn't make them on his own without the Crystal?

And again, a person who writes a novel gets full credit for writing the novel. If a perso paints, they get credit. No one degrades what they did because it was something they accomplished. Kuja used some implements along with his own power which is proof how strong he is. It also called for genuine black magic to be combined with the Mist to make the Black Mages. So...Kuja got that from somewhere. You simply keep trying to degrade him. It's really annoying.

The Crystal
10-27-2006, 01:52 AM

No. I will say Kuja can destroy entire cities and planets because he did do this. He can destroy a planet. That's fact. You demean it but I could give a crap because he did destroy a planet and nothing you can say is provable that he couldn't do the same to another planet. And, maybe he did use the Crystal's power to create Memoria. You know what that means? He can cross entire dimensions and space. If he can get to the Crystla World just on his own power, he is punching his way through dimensions. I count that as impressive.

And do you know he used the Crystal to make Memoria?
Let's see...if he did, he cross entire dimensions to reach the Crystal. If he didn't, he spawned a pocket world with his own power. Impressive. Not to mention all those Silver Dragons and Deathguise didn't come out of nowhere. How do you know he didn't make them on his own without the Crystal?

And again, a person who writes a novel gets full credit for writing the novel. If a perso paints, they get credit. No one degrades what they did because it was something they accomplished. Kuja used some implements along with his own power which is proof how strong he is. It also called for genuine black magic to be combined with the Mist to make the Black Mages. So...Kuja got that from somewhere. You simply keep trying to degrade him. It's really annoying.

I'm not trying to degrade him. Hell, he is my favorite FF villain. But i know what a plot device is. Kuja didn't create Memoria and the other monsters by himself and this is a fact. I'm not saying that he isn't powerfull, but you are trying to make him more powerfull than what he really is.
To me, exist a difference between power and resources. Kuja was a guy with many good resources(the Invincible, Black Mage army, was the ruler of Treno, was a "friend" of a powerfull queen, have a palace in the desert, in the end of the game has controll over the Original Crystal, etc). But he was powerfull too(survived Bahamut's attack, "destroyed" a planet, etc).
Kuja has resouces and power but you cannot say that both of these things are the same. A power is something that someone allways have with him/her. A resource is something that someone don't have inside him/herself but can use in his/her favor sometimes.

Jqsh
10-29-2006, 09:50 PM
ff7 emrald wepon the hardest by far

DarkLadyNyara
10-29-2006, 10:53 PM
ff7 emrald wepon the hardest by far

which FF enemy do you think is the most powerful. by most powerful i dont mean "whos the hardest to beat." i mean in your opinion who is the most powerful.

Forsaken Lover
10-30-2006, 02:54 AM
Not to mention I was unaware Emerald was a "villain."

Darth Cid
10-30-2006, 04:03 AM
Not to mention I was unaware Emerald was a "villain."

My thoughts exaclty.

BarelySeeAtAll
10-30-2006, 07:01 PM
im sure Sephi could have. . .

The Crystal
10-30-2006, 10:10 PM
It's all about opinion.
Some people think that Kefka is the most powerfull because he could have exploded the world, but didn't want to do it. Some people think that is Sephiroth because when he was in his Seifer form, he only used 50% of his power in the battle, because he was using his other 50% to hold Holly(this is what they said). Some people think that is Ultimecia, because she is capable of absorbing reality itself. Some people said that Neo Ex-Death could destroy the universe. And some people says that is Zeromus, because he is the incarnation of evil.

The truth, is that we will never know.

Forsaken Lover
10-30-2006, 11:30 PM
Then some people say it's Kuja 'cause he could destroy a planet in minutes and cross dimensions and take shots from the King of Dragons with only a scratch. Shame Sephiroth so pathetically weak his move to gain power not only failed completely anyone could have used Meteor if they had the Planet's power behind them.

boys from the dwarf
10-31-2006, 07:35 AM
FFVI: Kefka is one of the greatest and most sadistic villains I've seen. He poisons rivers against orders, takes Espers by the dozen, and after taking the power of the goddesses, he decides to ruin entire continents from the comfort of his tower built literally from scraps. The sad thing is Kefka is a god with the power of three goddesses so why did a group of mortals manage to beat him?

these "mortals" had the power of the esperse. kefka was in control of a lot of magicite, the power of the statues so nearly all the magic in existence apart from the magicite that the party uses.

Dynast-Kid
10-31-2006, 12:37 PM
Ultimecia had the power to tinker with the laws of the universe whenever she pleased. That's pretty powerful right there.

I think she's the most powerful FF villian. Though Kuja comes in at a close second...

Dell
10-31-2006, 02:27 PM
You simply keep trying to degrade him. It's really annoying.

You simply keep trying to upgrade him. It's really annoying.

~SapphireStar~
11-01-2006, 08:20 AM
It's all about opinion.
Some people think that Kefka is the most powerfull because he could have exploded the world, but didn't want to do it. Some people think that is Sephiroth because when he was in his Seifer form, he only used 50% of his power in the battle, because he was using his other 50% to hold Holly(this is what they said). Some people think that is Ultimecia, because she is capable of absorbing reality itself. Some people said that Neo Ex-Death could destroy the universe. And some people says that is Zeromus, because he is the incarnation of evil.

The truth, is that we will never know.
Yes it is all about opinion. Thats the point of a forum. You dont need to tell us that.

But I'd say the most evil is Ultimecia.

Nasarian Altimeros
11-01-2006, 10:17 AM
Yes it is all about opinion. Thats the point of a forum. You dont need to tell us that.

I find it ironic that you would criticize the necessity of someone’s post and then yourself post something that doesn’t contribute to the topic in any shape or form.

~SapphireStar~
11-01-2006, 11:13 AM
And I can say the same back to you Nasarian Altimeros.
Okay then, this is for Nasarian Altimeros and anyone else who wishes to nitpick at me:

I chose Ultimecia as the most evil because she was willing to allow Rinoa to die in order to release Sorceress Adel and achieve Time Compression in order to destory the SeeDs and become a God.

Nasarian Altimeros
11-01-2006, 12:21 PM
And I can say the same back to you Nasarian Altimeros.
Not really since:

1. I’ve already contributed to this thread.
2. I’m not calling you on posting something off topic. I’m calling you on being a hypocrite.

Incidentally though, you still haven’t contributed anything to this thread due to the fact that this is a ‘most powerful villain’ thread, not a ‘most evil villain’ thread.

Back on topic though:

Necron was there for all of one scene and one fight. No one knows what he is. Speculation yes, but no one knows. So, I find it a bit bizarre to rank him in terms of power. If he was only the center of the Iifa Tree, then he's not that tough. If the other theories about him being some sort of anti-crystla anti-life force, then he would be above them all. As is, we don't knwo enough so we can't rank him.
Even so, the little information that we do have on Necron states that he can destroy all existence. There is no real ambiguity over that, so I would say that at least puts him on the same level as other existence-destroying entities like Neo ExDeath, Cloud of Darkness (or was that just the world?) and Ultimecia.

~SapphireStar~
11-01-2006, 12:35 PM
Christ then, most fucking powerful.
Getting on my fucking nerves. And you already contributed to the thread, so why bother posting just to point something out to me? I pointed somehting out to The Crystal and gave the name of the villian I thought was most evil/powerful whatever.

End of cause its just spammin up the thread.

Ryushikaze
11-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Ultimecia had the power to tinker with the laws of the universe whenever she pleased. That's pretty powerful right there.

I think she's the most powerful FF villian. Though Kuja comes in at a close second...

Except she didn't have that power. It was her goal to be able to tinker with reality, and she never gained that power.

Azure Chrysanthemum
11-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Nasarian, ~SS~, stop that. No personal attacks, no off-topic conversations. Take it to PMs.

The Crystal
11-01-2006, 09:04 PM

Is allways good to say it. Because in every forum, allways exist someone that think that his/her opinion is the absolute truth, and everyone that desagree is wrong.

I chose Ultimecia as the most evil because she was willing to allow Rinoa to die in order to release Sorceress Adel and achieve Time Compression in order to destory the SeeDs and become a God.

I know that this is off topic, but you forgot to say that Ultimecia(inside Edea's body) used Galbadia army to kill many people, launch missiles against the Gardens, and made the two Gardens fight against each other.

And in my opinion, Ultimecia is the most powerfull because she can absorb everything(including the other villains).

Ryushikaze
11-01-2006, 09:16 PM
And in my opinion, Ultimecia is the most powerfull because she can absorb everything(including the other villains).

Except, not. For one, she'd have to survive the full time it takes her to compress time and space without Kuja literally blasting her to atomic fluff. If Squall and gang, who never demonstrate abilities in the KT range, nevermind MT or TT, can do it, Kuja- the planetglasser- could pretty much do it without effort.

And honestly, smeg opinion. SOD and feat analysis is a far better method to determine who is the most powerful, since it's objective, and has to do with what each villian has actually done.

The Crystal
11-01-2006, 09:47 PM

Except, not. For one, she'd have to survive the full time it takes her to compress time and space without Kuja literally blasting her to atomic fluff. If Squall and gang, who never demonstrate abilities in the KT range, nevermind MT or TT, can do it, Kuja- the planetglasser- could pretty much do it without effort.

And honestly, smeg opinion. SOD and feat analysis is a far better method to determine who is the most powerful, since it's objective, and has to do with what each villian has actually done.

You are right. For some reason, i forgot that Ultimecia need time to be compressed, to be capable of absorbing it. What an idiot i am. And what is SOD?

Feat analysis is not a very good method to determine who is the most powerfull. Because you can give many different interpretations to a single feat. Depending of your interpretation, a character can seems to be more powerfull then what he/she really is, or vice-versa.

Rocket Edge
11-01-2006, 10:09 PM
Sin. They built him up to be too powerful in FFX to be even defeaten. When he was it was kinda like an anti-climax. But, i garuntee if the Sin that defeated the Crusaders & Al Bhed at operation Mi'hen was the Sin i'm talking about, then i can only see him as being the most powerful.

Besides, in all honesty, who could survive this attack. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5VTTsXIChI

Ryushikaze
11-01-2006, 11:17 PM
You are right. For some reason, i forgot that Ultimecia need time to be compressed, to be capable of absorbing it. What an idiot i am. And what is SOD?

Suspension of disbelief.

Feat analysis is not a very good method to determine who is the most powerfull. Because you can give many different interpretations to a single feat. Depending of your interpretation, a character can seems to be more powerfull then what he/she really is, or vice-versa.

Except this isn't based on interpretation, but numbers. Moving X mass Y distance at Z speed takes Q energy, and such not. It's about trying to measure the scope of their expressed capabilities, instead of saying "well, that looks skippy"

Sin. They built him up to be too powerful in FFX to be even defeaten. When he was it was kinda like an anti-climax. But, i garuntee if the Sin that defeated the Crusaders & Al Bhed at operation Mi'hen was the Sin i'm talking about, then i can only see him as being the most powerful.

Besides, in all honesty, who could survive this attack. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5VTTsXIChI

Anyone who could dodge or block the thing. It also seems specially designed to kill humans, oddly enough, since it shoves the water away unharmed, but turns the humans into black particles.

Meanwhile, Sin is harmed by simple cannon fire before he puts his shield up, and his shield is nearly defeated by a laser/lightning cannon, the output of which is piddling compared to the needed energy to kill an entire planet.

The Crystal
11-02-2006, 02:22 AM
Except this isn't based on interpretation, but numbers. Moving X mass Y distance at Z speed takes Q energy, and such not. It's about trying to measure the scope of their expressed capabilities, instead of saying "well, that looks skippy"

And this is the problem. We cannot measure something that we don't know. We don't know if Kuja exploded a planet or just destroyed the surface of it. We don't know if Kefka could have exploded the planet if he really want to do it. We don't know if Sephiroth was using all his power, or if he was using half of it to hold Holly. We don't know the full capacity of the Void's power(Neo Ex-Death).
Because of this, in the end, we can only give our different interpretations.

Forsaken Lover
11-02-2006, 02:28 AM
A quote by me on another forum:

"Girl [Mikoto]: But Garland is dead. Terra will soon be destroyed.

This was Zidane talking to Mikoto shortly before they boarded the Invincible and escaped Terra. She makes another comment on Terra later on the beginning of Disc 4.

Mikoto: You saw Kuja's power. He destroyed a world by himself...

Now this is where semantics come into play. What does it mean to destroy? What is a world? What is the definition of “is?” People accuse, and they are kind of right, those lines of being too vague to attest to the fete of busting Terra. Yet the idea Kuja could blow up a planet did not materialize from nowhere. The fact is that there is not 100% conclusive evidence that he did or did not wipe out Terra. But, I feel just the two quotes I provided completely disprove the absurd notion that I’ve heard here and on other places that Kuja only destroyed Bran Bai. Some say he just tore down the city and looking through both those quotes, I don’t see her saying anywhere that Kuja destroyed a city by himself or that Bran Bai will soon be gone. But, nevertheless, I am a supporter of the planet-buster Kuja school. And partially out of faith and partially out of reasonable conjecture. Such as drawn from this line.

Amarant: Do you really think [Kuja] perished with Terra?

Now, examine that quote. If Kuja did nothing but strafe the world with magic, how would he perish along with it? I deduce, and I feel I’m definitely not going out on a limb here, that Amarant is saying Kuja did indeed blow up or cause some sort of cataclysm on Terra. How else would he “perish” along with it? When I hear that line, I have an image of a planet exploding and Kuja caught up in it. Does that seem too farfetched or reaching? I don’t think so. I do pride myself on having an open-mind. I can admit to being wrong and can look at the same line and see multiple meanings. But I just don’t see how that quote could say anything other than what it’s saying."

Anyway, Sin is out of the running mainly because it could be beaten by kuja or Kefka and it's not a villain... It's only down to Kuja, Kefka or Neo EX-Death.

feioncastor
11-02-2006, 02:36 AM
The Most Powerful Villian ever to appear in an FF Game is The Dark King, from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. He was so powerful that if you tried to heal him and make him any more powerful, he would die from having too much power.

Seriously If you ever fight the Dark King in FFMQ, have your main character use the spell "Cure" on him, and watch what happens...

'eMeRaLdFaYe'
11-02-2006, 11:57 AM
In my opinion, either Kuja or Necron. Kuja blew up a planet with such ease, and Necron was a force to reckon with.

But they weren't that hard to me. I beat both of them in my first try. ^^

Rocket Edge
11-03-2006, 11:46 PM

Anyone who could dodge or block the thing. It also seems specially designed to kill humans, oddly enough, since it shoves the water away unharmed, but turns the humans into black particles.

Meanwhile, Sin is harmed by simple cannon fire before he puts his shield up, and his shield is nearly defeated by a laser/lightning cannon, the output of which is piddling compared to the needed energy to kill an entire planet.
Anybody could dodge it? It's going at a great speed, and the result of it completely exterminates anything living in it's path. But lets not talk about this as Sin's only attack, i'm sure he has plenty others with various deadly effects. Other than that, his shield isn't 'nearly' defeated by simple cannon fire, hell all he had to do was power up the shield at will to destroy the Al Bhed weapon.

And the cannonfire? There were hundreds of cannons firing at him and all he had to do was put up his shield. Could you imagine Sephiroth or Ultimecia up against that? You can't because it would be an annihilation. Also, it would seem now that any weapon couldn't get past sin's shield. So lets resort to magic. Well, that's what the Al Bhed's machina seemed to be, a blast of energy of some sort. With massive ammount's of HP (for size) & power, Sin in my opinion is the strongest.

Besides everything he could send in some sinspawn & other little cretures from it's body to serve as a distraction in battle to turn it quickly to his advantage.

The Crystal
11-04-2006, 03:45 AM
There were hundreds of cannons firing at him and all he had to do was put up his shield. Could you imagine Sephiroth or Ultimecia up against that?

Safer Sephiroth and Final Ultimecia? I can imagine.

Ryushikaze
11-04-2006, 05:41 PM

Anybody could dodge it? It's going at a great speed, and the result of it completely exterminates anything living in it's path. But lets not talk about this as Sin's only attack, i'm sure he has plenty others with various deadly effects. Other than that, his shield isn't 'nearly' defeated by simple cannon fire, hell all he had to do was power up the shield at will to destroy the Al Bhed weapon.

And the cannonfire? There were hundreds of cannons firing at him and all he had to do was put up his shield. Could you imagine Sephiroth or Ultimecia up against that? You can't because it would be an annihilation. Also, it would seem now that any weapon couldn't get past sin's shield. So lets resort to magic. Well, that's what the Al Bhed's machina seemed to be, a blast of energy of some sort. With massive ammount's of HP (for size) & power, Sin in my opinion is the strongest.

Besides everything he could send in some sinspawn & other little cretures from it's body to serve as a distraction in battle to turn it quickly to his advantage.

Let's see: No limits fallacy "Nothing can get past its shield". The Al Bhed Cannon nearly broke through. The Airship cannon took his arms out with a single shot each.
Also no limits fallacy on the shockwave attack. Who can dodge it? Who can fly? It's easy enough to see coming.
And yes, his shield blocked the cannons. But he doesn't always have his shield up, and when he didn't, those cannons pitted him good.
Also, there's a grand appeal to ignorance with the "I'm sure he has plenty other deadly attacks"

Kuja outclasses Sin in nearly every relevant category. Heck, Kuja might immediately realize Sin for what it is and capture him with the Invincible. Or he might use the output that glassed a planet and tore a hole into the collective unconscious and, y'know, kill Sin and Yevon inside it.

manashima
11-07-2006, 08:41 PM
wasnt their pitcures or Terra and Gaia in memoria? Terra was almost as big as Gaia IIRC. Why would he be able to destroy Terra but Not Gaia? Especially when Gaia was already being weakened by Terra.:confused:

Forsaken Lover
11-08-2006, 03:12 AM
A lot of people do like to bring up that argument. To answer it, I give you a quote from Kuja himself:

Kuja: "It's the original crystal... This is where it all began..The birthplace of all things..Once I destroy it, everything will be gone."Gaia, Terra, the universe, everything.. Your lives and memories, too, of course. HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!"

And then Necron:

""Kuja was a victim of his own fear. He concluded he could only save himself by destroying the origin of all things - the crystal."