PDA

View Full Version : Guilty Gear X3 Wishlist/predictions (spoilers)

Erdrick Holmes
06-15-2006, 10:51 PM
List them

Wishlist-

A quest mode that's actually playable, unlike GG Isuka's Boost Mode
A story mode only instead of doing rediculously hard gameplay requirements you can choose what action you want your character to do next in the story
That Man and Raven aka Axl in the Future will be bosses and/or playable
Multi-tiered battlegrounds, like you can knock an opponent off a cliff and the fight would go on there, or you can knock an oppnent through a wall and continue fighting in another room.
Get rid of Insta-Kills, most pointless thing ever

Predictions-

Sol will a boss. Play Sol's Storymode in GGXX and listen to what That Man says to Sol.
Kliff will probably die
May grows up and Marry's Johnny
Dizzy will be middle aged due to the fact that she ages fast and will probably become totally possesed by Necro and go on a rampage
Eddie will probably be totally dead
Venom will finally come out of the closet

Necronopticous
06-15-2006, 10:54 PM
I hope Faust is taller and weirder.

Dreddz
06-15-2006, 11:51 PM
As you said, add a decent quest mode. Hopefully the story will stay intresting and they wont butcher it. DONT GET RID OF INSTANT KILLS ! Ive always liked them, if my life has gone down to a mere grain of rice. Its a last chance resource, its awesome to pull one off just before you die.
Add some sort of groove system similier to CVS2. Adds more depth and I enjoy trying all of them out. More original mission mode levels, they all get a bit samey in GGX2, only just getting harder. More variety in the soundtrack, Metal Music is overused and not to my liking.

Lionx
06-16-2006, 01:07 AM
But GGXX Slash isnt even out in America yet Dx...

Shoeberto
06-16-2006, 01:34 AM
Wishlist:
Call it Guilty Gear XXX and have Vin Diesel and Ice Cube inspired characters, if not actual video captures of Vin Diesel and Ice Cube themselves in game.

Markus. D
06-16-2006, 01:58 AM
I liked GG Boost (holmes, get a friend over to play it with you... and dont forget you can rush around with holding R2). I wouldnt mind some platforming elements added into it though.

I reckon death moves should have more penalties for missing.

God Damn... for the english Dubbed extra (if they... have one), GET RID OF THE ENGLISH VOICE ACTORS AND KILL THEM A FEW TIMES! "ah... im falling"

get back the Robo KI shop, it was spiffy.

except, own character creations would be fun ^____^

Many more pretty backgrounds that set the stage for battle.

ehm.... get rid of I-NO (or at least renew her boring moveset) and Sol (I... dont understand the fun in using him >_>... and comboing with him is just awkward for me. yes. mememe, its my game MEEEEE!)

oh and... more gear characters :)

Lionx
06-16-2006, 02:43 AM
Dude, 1hit kills have HORRIBLE startup and recovery frames where if you miss you probably eat massive damage. Not to mention you lose your super bar which means NO Faultless Defense so if people keep pressuring you, you cant use it to push em back a bit. I forget if you can use your Burst Gauge or not afterwards but if you cant then you are stuck with no way to get out of certain things. Not to mention..you can easily get chipped to death. *Venom Ball pressure traps come to mind right away* 1hit kills are extremely dangerous to use not because it kills you in one hit, but because of the things you are putting on the line. Only time i can see it being used is if someone is dizzied and are stupid, then its a free kill, but i cant see it otherwise being overpowered.

Sol is fine in the latest GGXX Game..in Reload he can do a Dustloop ;i where its practically an infinite of some sort. In Slash you can still do it, but the timing is so precise you probably screw up. Sol is like Iori...in every KoF he is up there with the rest.

Alixsar
06-16-2006, 04:09 AM
List them

Wishlist-

A quest mode that's actually playable, unlike GG Isuka's Boost Mode
A story mode only instead of doing rediculously hard gameplay requirements you can choose what action you want your character to do next in the story
That Man and Raven aka Axl in the Future will be bosses and/or playable
Multi-tiered battlegrounds, like you can knock an opponent off a cliff and the fight would go on there, or you can knock an oppnent through a wall and continue fighting in another room.
Get rid of Insta-Kills, most pointless thing ever

Predictions-

Sol will a boss. Play Sol's Storymode in GGXX and listen to what That Man says to Sol.
Kliff will probably die
May grows up and Marry's Johnny
Dizzy will be middle aged due to the fact that she ages fast and will probably become totally possesed by Necro and go on a rampage
Eddie will probably be totally dead
Venom will finally come out of the closet

Let's look at your wishlist first. As far as getting rid of instant kills, they pretty much have. If someone gets one to work against you, it's your own damn fault because they are SO obvious. You should be ashamed if you die that way. Daisuke Ishiwatari loves IKs, so I doubt he would ever take them out. Hell, have you ever played Guilty Gear? That entire game was nothing BUT Instant Kills. It's been in the series too long to just get rid of. And multitiered backgrounds wouldn't really fit in with GG. GG isn't that type of game, it would ruin the balance that GG tries really hard to achieve (and ultimately fails to achieve because whenever you watch a tournament video, it's just people exploiting bugs and it's not fun to watch; I dare you to watch an older GGXX tournament, they were nothing but Sol Infinte Dust Loop Battles).

Now on to the predictions. Sol IS a boss (sort of), go play GGXX Slash. And Venom isn't in the closet, he's supposed to be gay. That's the entire point of his character. Millia and Zato used to do each other, and then Millia left and Zato died. And Venom always wanted Zato's nuts because he is 1) gay and 2) Zato helped him out when he was younger. And that's why both Venom and Millia want to kill Eddie. She wants to kill him because this weird thing killed the person who she used to be in love with, and Venom wants to kill him for the same reason. Dizzy already has gone crazy and gone on a rampage (see GGX and/or a few of the endings from GGXX), and Kliff doesn't fight anymore, so there's no real point to him dying.

Sol is fine in the latest GGXX Game..in Reload he can do a Dustloop ;i where its practically an infinite of some sort. In Slash you can still do it, but the timing is so precise you probably screw up. Sol is like Iori...in every KoF he is up there with the rest.

Not really, they've been consistently nerfing Sol since GGXX. His dust loop was unstoppable (you could do it literally until forever, without anyway to interrupt it) in XX, and then it got nerfed more and more in XX#R and XXS. Luckily, they made my character (Ky) unbelievably powerful in XXS. Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near Japanese and/or Korean enough to be able to pull off any of the crazy stuff that makes Ky that good, but it's good to know that the guy I've always represented on is now super good.

Anyway...as far as my wishlist for X3 goes, I just want them to make X3. So far we've seen three Guilty Gear games come since GGXX that haven't been GGXXX. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Edit: Oh, just noticed. Tsukasa, those aren't English voice actors. Those are Japanese voice actors speaking English. See, now doesn't that whole video suddenly make way more sense now? Like how Sol can talk with his mouth closed, and how about 2/3 of the dialouge makes absolutely no sense.

Lionx
06-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Not really, they've been consistently nerfing Sol since GGXX. His dust loop was unstoppable (you could do it literally until forever, without anyway to interrupt it) in XX, and then it got nerfed more and more in XX#R and XXS. Luckily, they made my character (Ky) unbelievably powerful in XXS. Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near Japanese and/or Korean enough to be able to pull off any of the crazy stuff that makes Ky that good, but it's good to know that the guy I've always represented on is now super good.

Well Slash is still a newer game, and i havent been able to play it yet, however i heard that most who did play it, say that he is still very very good contender. I agree he has been nerfed and rightfully so, but that doesnt put him weaker like low tier, he is still up there with the rest. Sol is still not to be taken lightly, and he can still pull out the infinite or some variation of it, however its incredibly hard to do and you will screw up unless you are some robot. Order-Sol now thats debatable. He seems a little weak if you dont charge up which...kinda sucks @_@

And i seen some Slash vids @_@ My character is also Ky and i was disappointed that he was considered so weak in Reload, but i saw a few vids and Ky although maybe not top tier...is a much more worthy competitor now. Basically they balanced alot of crap out from Reload.

X3...maybe sometime in the future..but i want Slash ;i

Markus. D
06-16-2006, 10:56 AM
Dude, 1hit kills have HORRIBLE startup and recovery frames where if you miss you probably eat massive damage. Not to mention you lose your super bar which means NO Faultless Defense so if people keep pressuring you, you cant use it to push em back a bit. I forget if you can use your Burst Gauge or not afterwards but if you cant then you are stuck with no way to get out of certain things. Not to mention..you can easily get chipped to death. *Venom Ball pressure traps come to mind right away* 1hit kills are extremely dangerous to use not because it kills you in one hit, but because of the things you are putting on the line. Only time i can see it being used is if someone is dizzied and are stupid, then its a free kill, but i cant see it otherwise being overpowered.

I still reckon it should be gone... because, if it DOES succeeeeeed, it IS an instant kill.

ps: I never said it was over powered, because I knew the current mishaps and minuses it gives, but I reckon it should give slow hp degen if it fails.

Lionx
06-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Well not to be rude but really..if you get hit by that then you..er..suck >< Its that hard to get hit with it.

Alixsar
06-17-2006, 12:41 AM

Well Slash is still a newer game, and i havent been able to play it yet, however i heard that most who did play it, say that he is still very very good contender. I agree he has been nerfed and rightfully so, but that doesnt put him weaker like low tier, he is still up there with the rest. Sol is still not to be taken lightly, and he can still pull out the infinite or some variation of it, however its incredibly hard to do and you will screw up unless you are some robot. Order-Sol now thats debatable. He seems a little weak if you dont charge up which...kinda sucks @_@

And i seen some Slash vids @_@ My character is also Ky and i was disappointed that he was considered so weak in Reload, but i saw a few vids and Ky although maybe not top tier...is a much more worthy competitor now. Basically they balanced alot of crap out from Reload.

X3...maybe sometime in the future..but i want Slash ;i

Well GG is one of those game where even if you play as someone like, say, Anji, you could still win. Anji is generally considered one of the worst characters in all of GG, but I guarantee you that a good Japanese guy playing Anji could beat the hell out of my Ky. That's just how the game works. The fact is that Sol has been constantly dropping in the tier listings ever since GGXX, and Sol as he is now is nowhere near as good as he used to be. Can he win? Of course, he's just not as good as he was.

And Ky is not a "worthy competitor" now, he is far and away the best character in Slash. All they did was give him two different speeds for Stun Edge and make his charge Stun Edge work in air, and he instantly became the best character. I'm not entirely sure why, but if you do crazy stuff like the Japanese and/or Koreans can then he's apparently straight up broken. Apparently. Talk to the tier listing guys about that one.

Lionx
06-17-2006, 12:58 AM
I am not sure how far the tier list has changed but since it was released i read up about the listings, and Sol was still up there among the rest, and Ky was higher, but definetly not top tier.

Alixsar
06-17-2006, 05:27 AM
I am not sure how far the tier list has changed but since it was released i read up about the listings, and Sol was still up there among the rest, and Ky was higher, but definetly not top tier.

Well whatever tier listing you read was wrong, all the ones I've read have Ky in his own class with everyone else below. I watched a video of some tournament in Korea and the finals were between Ky and Robo Ky, and let me tell you...Ky is NUTS in the right hands. I wish I still had the link, I'm sure you can find it on Roman Cancel, I'm just way too lazy to look right now.

Lionx
06-17-2006, 09:44 AM
I read that list months ago on Shoryuken.com and some people from Dustloop.com and Romancancel.com talked about it and that was the conclusion back then. However Slash is still a new game so i am not surprised if it has evolved. C-Balrog in CvS2 was once considered a higher tier character instead of the Lower-mid he is today. So i dont doubt it. In fact thats cool X3 my character went from crap to uber.

Markus. D
06-17-2006, 09:50 AM
Well not to be rude but really..if you get hit by that then you..er..suck >< Its that hard to get hit with it.

oooh, I donno, Baiken runs across the area.

Lionx
06-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Faultless Defense please ;i

Markus. D
06-17-2006, 11:57 AM
^_^"