PDA

View Full Version : Will FFXIII???

DeathKnight
06-16-2006, 12:45 AM
Step ALL OVER FFXII??? like FFX did with FFIX???

IT IS CLEAR that a lot of people don't like FFXII and its characters. And besides A LOT of people ALREADY know the ending of FFXII.

So vote and discuss.

Meat Puppet
06-16-2006, 02:14 AM
I haven't played FFXII and I haven't seen enough of FFXIII to be able to tell. I'll just go with instinct.

EDIT: Oh man, I voted too early.

Roto13
06-16-2006, 03:00 AM
Anyone who decides how good this game is going to be at this point doesn't deserve to play it when it's finished.

Ouch!
06-16-2006, 04:33 AM
I'm only saying no because I'm not going to be buying a PS3 to play it.

Zeromus_X
06-16-2006, 04:40 AM
The people who decide that they'll hate or adore a game before it's even been released are pretty retarded. At the least, I don't understand that way of thinking. Anyway, I couldn't really decide. FFXII's ADB system looks appealing, as well as FFXIII's refined ATB. We don't know enough about FFXIII yet to make major decisions, and FFXII hasn't been widespread yet.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-16-2006, 04:52 AM
Judging either game at this point is dumb. And, for the record, FFIX was way better than FFX.

TheAbominatrix
06-16-2006, 05:11 AM
I havent seen anything about anyone disliking the characters from XII. At all. :\

Also, the ending will undoubtedly be leaked for XIII, unless there's some way to prevent it being ripped. Maybe there is for the PS3, I dont know enough.

I'll go with Kishi on this one. For the first statement anyway.

Dark Paladin
06-16-2006, 10:12 AM
I think that it will even though i havn't played on XII. But i'm judging on what i have seen in PS magazines. I still can't wait to play on XII though.

Shiny
06-16-2006, 07:44 PM
I haven't played either of them yet to decide. So I'll say 'no'. WTF is tex mex?

Ouch!
06-16-2006, 07:53 PM
Tex Mex is the only good version of Mexican food you'll find in the United States.

Ever.

If such an option had been available when I decided to vote, I totally would have gone for that. D=

Mercen-X
06-16-2006, 10:09 PM
Meh, it's shaping up to be much cooler for the sci-fi fanbase, however, if for anyone who is indifferent to sci-fi (gunblades, robots, skydives . . .?) or hate it, it remains to be seen that this game can do better at entertaining us than XII can. I'll buy both games and continue my effort to rally FF fans in a starch protest against the online tragedy known only as XI which has no single-play story. They should come out with something like "FINAL FANTASY XI Offline: The Edge of Adversity" or something like whatever.

ZeZipster
06-17-2006, 02:42 AM
Judging either game at this point is dumb. And, for the record, FFIX was way better than FFX.

Exactly.

These two games aren't of the same correlation as FFIX and FFX. FFXII and FXIII are on two different consoles... If anything I think they're trying to go for a more FF7 kind of deal. Look at it: they're making a series like they've made for FF7 (albeit the games in FFXIII are on different timelines) and it's the first Final Fantasy for the PS3 just as FF7 was for the PS.

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 04:46 AM

Exactly.

These two games aren't of the same correlation as FFIX and FFX. FFXII and FXIII are on two different consoles... If anything I think they're trying to go for a more FF7 kind of deal. Look at it: they're making a series like they've made for FF7 (albeit the games in FFXIII are on different timelines) and it's the first Final Fantasy for the PS3 just as FF7 was for the PS.

FFXIII is not FFVII and it's being made by the FFX team.

*points to poll* I guess people are agreeing with me.:)

Alixsar
06-17-2006, 05:48 AM
FFXIII looks interesting, Versus XIII looks interesting, and that other one is a mobile game so it doesn't count (although some art was released today and apparently one of the characters in it uses a whip/sword like Ivy from Soul Calibur so it can't be ALL bad).

However, in my eyes, the last truly great FF was VI so I'm not really looking forward to XIII THAT much. It looks cool, but I'm not even sure if I'm going to be getting a PS3 at this point. But that's another discussion entirely.

FallenAngel411
06-17-2006, 06:03 AM
I'm looking forward to XIII, though I'm more excited about XII right now because its only a few short months away :D However, I have it on good authority that XIV will be the FF to end all FFs. Also, my psychic advisor informed me yesterday that XVIII will shatter the very foundations of how I view the world. She also recommended playing it alongside RE11 for some shocking insights. My point being, I'm not judging a game 3 years before its release. Nay, 2 years is where I draw the line.

Hayabusa
06-17-2006, 02:58 PM
The only thing that saddened me- was the trailer showed all these pimped out characters in armor and stuff, then around the corner comes this skinny, goofily dressed, whiny "I wanna be a pirate" boy, and he didn't even say it like Guybrush.

ZeZipster
06-17-2006, 10:13 PM

Exactly.

You gave the the option of "Yes it's going to be better than FFX" or "No it's not going to be better" they aren't agreeing that FFIX and FFX are the same as FFXII and FFXIII they're simply answering whether they think FFXII is better or not than FFXIII. Also, how do you know what team is making this FF?

DeathKnight
06-18-2006, 03:23 AM

Exactly.

You gave the the option of "Yes it's going to be better than FFX" or "No it's not going to be better" they aren't agreeing that FFIX and FFX are the same as FFXII and FFXIII they're simply answering whether they think FFXII is better or not than FFXIII. Also, how do you know what team is making this FF?

It is CLEAR that I said "is FFXIII going be better than FFXII?" nothing else, nothing more.

Miriel
06-18-2006, 04:55 PM
Where are you getting the impression that people already dislike FFXII or that FFX stepped all over FFIX? Cause that doesn't seem true to me at all.

I agree with both of Kishi's statements.

Acid Raine
06-18-2006, 05:45 PM
I can see where you are coming from. But I doubt it will trample it in the same way. FFX surpassed IX because of the fact that it was on a new system, had the good graphics, and voice acting. Unless XIII has a buttload of new features, too, then I doubt it will have the same effect.

Lon611
06-18-2006, 06:57 PM

i don't think anyone over here in the states knows how FFXII isgonna be received. sure we kno a lot about it, but reading about it is certainly different than playing it.

the only reason ppl may talk negatively about the characters is because vaan is a lil feminine. personally, im waiting for XII more than XIII.

Dell
06-23-2006, 03:23 PM

Agreed.

I don't want to judge FFXII and FFXIII because I've not finish it yet.

And...
FFIX was way better than FFX

Shoden
06-23-2006, 06:45 PM

Agreed.

I don't want to judge FFXII and FFXIII because I've not finish it yet.

And...
EVERYTHING was way better than FFX
By what i've seen so far XIII has impressed me most but XII looks good too, but judging these games at these stages isn't a good choice of action. I think it has the potential and will but it's much better to wait. BTW, FFXIII has a hotter heroine then XII. MUCH!

XxSephirothxX
06-23-2006, 07:34 PM
Yes.

LunarWeaver
06-24-2006, 03:32 AM
Since Vaan is the latest victim of "zOMG" I am in favor of XII just because doing the opposite of the majority on this forum usually ends well for me.

feona17
06-26-2006, 06:24 AM
Well also considering that XIII will be on PS3, it'll be better in certain ways. But seeing how neither game is even in North America yet, I have no way of knowing until I play. Right? What's the point of this thread when none of us have played XIII and most haven't played XII.

~SapphireStar~
06-26-2006, 07:13 PM

Dell
06-29-2006, 06:14 PM

Maybe I won't be buying PS3......

And Shoden, Ashe way way hotter than XIII girls and XII have more covered-up girls. SE made that to cover their mistake on making uncovered dress for Rikku.

Carl the Llama
07-02-2006, 12:24 PM
I havent seen anything about anyone disliking the characters from XII. At all. :\

Also, the ending will undoubtedly be leaked for XIII, unless there's some way to prevent it being ripped. Maybe there is for the PS3, I dont know enough.

I'll go with Kishi on this one. For the first statement anyway.
I dont think that it will be ripped unless the preson doing the ripping has a shed load of money as the game will be on a BluRay and the reader alone would cost over Ł2k

I already have my PS3 preordered and im going for the 60gb one aswell =)

Vivisteiner
07-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Step ALL OVER FFXII??? like FFX did with FFIX???
Your talking crap. FFIX is the best. -I dont give a damn about the inferrior graphics.

Ive been really excited about FFXII. FFXIII is too far away for me..

drunkymonkey
07-08-2006, 04:17 PM
I agree. Too much excitement isn't a good thing. Let's savour Final Fantasy 12 before we start getting pumped up for TEH BESTEST GAME EVER OMG!!!11111!!1

lady yunalesca
07-08-2006, 10:10 PM
Anyone who decides how good this game is going to be at this point doesn't deserve to play it when it's finished.

quoted for truth!!

Larahl
07-09-2006, 12:33 AM
No.

Nick Schovitz
07-09-2006, 12:39 AM
I have no reason to hate the characters of XII so far, besides their appearances. But how can I judge and no one knows the ending of it, it hasn't even came out yet. It's weird though first XII in midevil era and then XIII in future world.

Rogue
07-10-2006, 07:36 AM
:D
omg i sooooo much agree:D X was ok but IX has way more action and ten times better storyline

phorcephoenix
07-10-2006, 04:46 PM
alright, im well out of this arguement..could someone explain what is going on? why are you comparing two games that havent even been released yet? and to make things even more confusing, why do people keep on refering to ix and x? (which were both brilliant, but in totally different ways...ix made up for viii's relativly crappiness and x changed the way we will play ff's for a long time to come)

drunkymonkey
07-11-2006, 10:54 PM
alright, im well out of this arguement..could someone explain what is going on? why are you comparing two games that havent even been released yet? and to make things even more confusing, why do people keep on refering to ix and x? (which were both brilliant, but in totally different ways...ix made up for viii's relativly crappiness and x changed the way we will play ff's for a long time to come)Because for some weird reason, some people don't like IX and insist on telling every single person they meet this fact.
People tend to like predicting stuff, it gets them excited.

LunaticPandora37
07-12-2006, 12:26 AM

i agree...FFIX is like 234,987 times better than FFX....

and as for FFXIII. I won't say much due to the fact square hasn't said much at all about this game. It looks really cool from the trailer but yea never know.

Owen Macwere
07-12-2006, 11:09 AM

Mage_of_Fire
07-13-2006, 01:48 PM
I'm saying no. I don't think the conversion to PS3 will be as widespread as that to the PS2. It's just too freaking expensive.

Hopefully, if my family gets a PS3, I'll get both. FFXII is a must have, I mean I've already got a PS2 so why not? FFXIII looks a lot better though. To me FFXII is just another FFX (which was pretty good I think, but I think I'm sorta tired of that idea), but FFXIII is gonna be another groundbreaking hit.

---

Has anyone noticed the trend?

FF 1-3 = NES

FF 4-6 = SNES

FF 7-9 = PS1

FF 10-12 = PS2

FF 13-?? = PS3

:eek: ((and FYI I didn't just think of this. I've had this idea of 3 per console since like FFXI came out.))

marc
07-13-2006, 02:59 PM
Well, I have to say that its hard to compare FF games as each one is like a totally different game.
But the features and graphics will obviously be better because it will be on a better console.
And since when did FFX walk all over FFIX.
Thats just your personal opinion.

Setzer Gabianni
07-14-2006, 08:05 AM
Hopefully, if my family gets a PS3, I'll get both. FFXII is a must have, I mean I've already got a PS2 so why not? FFXIII looks a lot better though. To me FFXII is just another FFX (which was pretty good I think, but I think I'm sorta tired of that idea), but FFXIII is gonna be another groundbreaking hit.

Of course FFXIII is going to look better graphically..so it's pointless mentioning that really. FFXII is going to look somewhat like X, because it's on a PS2..

~Setzer Gabbiani