PDA

View Full Version : ps3 or xbox360 who will win

runouni k master
06-16-2006, 02:03 AM
i personly think ps3 will come out on top

Roto13
06-16-2006, 02:55 AM
Of those two, it's kind of a tough call...

FlyingCow
06-16-2006, 03:10 AM
gogogogogogogo PS 3:p

ljkkjlcm9
06-16-2006, 03:13 AM
Wii

THE JACKEL

KentaRawr!
06-16-2006, 03:20 AM
Hard to tell. The Ps3 is a tad over-priced if you're only looking for games, but the X-Box 360, while Microsoft IS trying to get more 3rd Party Developers from Japan, I think that the Wii will steal alot of 'em. :p Thus, the PS3 would beat the X-Box 360, due to the Wii stealing 3rd Party Developers. But we'll have to wait and see.

FallenAngel411
06-16-2006, 03:56 AM
Between the two, probably the PS3, simply because the xbox360 isn't getting very many good games, and the PS3 already has some games lined up that alone would merit purchase for many people I know. Um, including me. :D But of all the next gens, I really think the Wii will come out on top, mainly because of affordability. Plus its also got its all-star cast of videogames due for launch, which is also exciting. :D :D :D

I will be so poor by the end of this year. :cry:

DeathKnight
06-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Out of THOSE 2, PlayStation3 CLEARLY! (God of War, Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, and the FINAL BLOW Metal Gear Solid)

Out of ALL of them, Wii will win.

Devourment
06-16-2006, 10:24 AM
Xbox 360 has already won.. for the time being until the Wii comes out.

~SapphireStar~
06-16-2006, 11:36 AM
XBox360 and the Wii. Ive lost faith in the PS3.

blue phoenix
06-16-2006, 11:38 AM
PS3. Whats with all this Wii stuff? do you all think it wil win because youre going to buy it as a second console?

rich bas*****.

~SapphireStar~
06-16-2006, 11:41 AM
No, its going to win because its beyond amazing, have you even seen it? It rules over consoles anyday of the week, you get to interact more with the game your playing instead of just hitting X or Y all the time. And what do you mean second console? The Wii will be the 10th console I own.
PS1
PS2
XBox
XBox 360
Gamecube
Nintendo 64
DS (soon to be DS Lite)
PSP
GBASP

blue phoenix
06-16-2006, 11:44 AM
i mean those people who will own a PS3/XBOX 360 and Wii. Just saying, through bitterness.

Nintendos director is on record saying he sees the Wii as a second console, not a competitor to the PS3 or Xbox 360.

drunkymonkey
06-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Considering the PS2 is outselling the Xbox360, I'm going to say the PS3.

JKTrix
06-16-2006, 01:17 PM
I'm not sure 'Nintendo's director' actually uttered the words 'second console', but he has mentioned explicitly that it's not competing in the same areas that PS360 are. Actually, it was both Microsoft and Sony representatives that said that Wii would be an excellent 2nd console.

As for the topic, PS3 already has the support of so many people. However in the US, the battle may be closer this time. While there are the Final Fantasies and Metal Gears, the fact is that more people have played Madden and Grand Theft Auto than either of those other Japanese games. GTA4 being on the 360 really took some of the wind out of the sails for the US version of the PS3, at least whatever 'wind' was left after the price was announced.
The Playstation name itself is powerful, and when it releases it will definitely be an overwhelmingly predictable success. Once the initial rush of those Playstation loyals, the price will be a major strike against it from more casual people picking it up. The 'mainstream' gamers who spend most of their game time on GTA and Madden will see these games also on the 360, and with the lower price they might just go for it. The price will most likely drop, and if Sony can really sell 'Blu Ray' to the market, it will help propel the PS3 much like the DVD did for PS2.
In the long run, it could be a close battle for those 2. Xbox360 has a lot of new franchises, as does PS3, but the PS3 has the brand power and more of those long-running franchises that might be more appealing to those who have been with the Playstation family for a while. While the Halo series is touted as the 'most powerful franchise in gaming', it's just one game. It might get people to buy a 360, but in the long run you need more games.
So for now, out of these two options, I'm undecisive as to who will eventually 'win'.

Samuraid
06-16-2006, 08:37 PM
I have no sure idea until the PS3 releases, but I think that both will have aspects that will do well in certain areas of the market.

Old Manus
06-16-2006, 09:11 PM
PS3 wins on the games front, xbox 360 has poor games, and the Wii's games are just awful.

KentaRawr!
06-16-2006, 09:33 PM
PS3 wins on the games front, xbox 360 has poor games, and the Wii's games are just awful.

I like the Wii's games. :cry: I mean, I haven't played them, but I mean judging from videos and articles and all that jazz.

To be on topic, while both gaming systems don't have many games I'm interested in, when I compare games for the X360 and announced games for the Ps3, it seems that the Ps3 will appeal to a broader audience.

Dreddz
06-16-2006, 10:10 PM
Obviously the PS3. Although the 360 is doing alot better than the original Xbox. Unfortunately, America is all Microsoft have got, Europe and Japan are more into the PS3, especially Japan.

Oh, and Microsoft havent stolen GTA, they just dont have that long wait, no real gain.

Madame Adequate
06-16-2006, 10:10 PM
The PS3 will almost certainly 'win' in market terms. I don't know where to call it between the 360 and Wii. The 360 is clearly vastly superior, but the Wii has a lot of Nintendo fans.

Alixsar
06-17-2006, 12:29 AM
The PS3 is going to cost four billion dollars, so I'm pulling for the Wii.

Malboro_Menace
06-17-2006, 01:01 AM
The PS3. Game titles, known franchises all that stuff. While I will probably be buying a wii as a 'Second console' I'll still have the PS3 for all of the main titles.

And this thing about the price, it can go down. Stuff may happen.

Captain Maxx Power
06-17-2006, 01:17 AM
What, are they set to fight or something? Title bout of somekind? Is Don King involved? Don Vito? Don Da Don Don? Don Da Don Don Da Da Daaaaaaaaa?

Madame Adequate
06-17-2006, 02:11 AM
What, are they set to fight or something? Title bout of somekind? Is Don King involved? Don Vito? Don Da Don Don? Don Da Don Don Da Da Daaaaaaaaa?

Don Corneo.

Edit: NOW DO YOU SEE WHY THE PIMP IS NEEDED?!

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 04:05 AM
Being able to buy NES/SNES/N64 games=Win

360 doesn't stand a chance with the PS3 AT ALL. Metal Gear Solid/FFXIII will take care of that

Madame Adequate
06-17-2006, 04:08 AM

360 doesn't stand a chance with the PS3 AT ALL. Metal Gear Solid/FFXIII will take care of that

There's a little thing called Halo, maybe you've heard of it?

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 04:10 AM

And??? not everyone likes space-related crap, it's a good game, but not good enough to beat the combo that's Metal Gear Solid/FFXIII, Oooh throw a guaranteed God Of War and there's the win for you.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-17-2006, 04:13 AM
PS3 all the way.

Think about this. The original XBOX still has games coming out for it that have been in development for a few years, and, to me, I just don't see much graphical improvement from a well-done XBOX game to a standard XBOX 360 game. The PS3, however... the PS2 was sort of the underdog in the last generation; it had good quality (free online gaming, free DVD capability) but the graphics were lagging behind; and now, we have the PS3 that, seemingly out of nowehere, manages to leave the 360 in the dust with it graphics. I saw one PS3 screenshot of a car... and I literally had to double check if it was really a game or if it was a fake, because it looked REAL. As for the facial graphics, they're still a bit putty-like, but they also seem very authentic.

So by now you're saying that graphics mean little in the face of good gameplay and a good storyline. I agree. I don't have any evidence to support those two aspects yet except that the FF series will definetly continue on the PS3, and we all know that it has great storylines and gameplay; and we do know that most games will probably be released on both consoles, so isn't it better to play a game on a strong console than a weaker one? The PS3 has specs that are twice as powerful as the Xbox 360 and (get this) 15 times as powerful as the Revolution (or "Wii" as they call it now. God, who thought up that name?). And no, I'm not kidding here... 15 times as powerful!

I think, right now, the major thing that the 360 has going for it right now are the big names like Fable 2 and Halo 3 that will be only for Xbox titles. I will definetly miss Fable 2 a lot. I really liked the original (yes, it was too short and inevitably over-marketed, but still good) and I will be upset not to visit Albion again.

fantasyjunkie
06-17-2006, 07:44 AM
i honestly don't know. For myself, if the PS3 will be really $500 which I hope not, I won't be getting it for a while :( But both company's better look back every so often to see exactly how far back the Wii is, it might be a lot closer to catching up than either Sony or Microsoft would like!

Sylvie
06-17-2006, 08:26 AM
PS3 no doubt. The X-Box 360 has poor games, and the PS3's graphics are better from what I can see. (Do I hear a Tekken 6 Jin comment?)

I personally hate X-Box. Its a big, bulky system and it makes me get them the hot bullets of shotgun to die.

Roto13
06-17-2006, 04:48 PM
i honestly don't know. For myself, if the PS3 will be really $500 which I hope not.
Don't worry. It's not. It's $650. Feeling better?

Madame Adequate
06-17-2006, 05:04 PM

And??? not everyone likes space-related crap, it's a good game, but not good enough to beat the combo that's Metal Gear Solid/FFXIII, Oooh throw a guaranteed God Of War and there's the win for you.

It doesn't matter whether you or I think Halo or MGS or any other game is any good or not. What matters is that Halo 2 was, financially, the biggest release of a game ever. Oh, and it also outdid every movie ever. I would presume music CDs as well, and possibly books (The only book I can think of which might beat it is a Harry Potter book.)

I assure you, Halo 3 will sell hundreds of thousands of 360 units, possibly millions. The X-Box had the same with Halo - that game had a presence of over 90% at one point (Meaning for every ten X-Boxes in people's homes, there were nine copies of Halo). That game sold X-Boxes. There's killer apps, and then there's Halo. Whether we actually like it or not isn't of any consequence.

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 05:13 PM

It doesn't matter whether you or I think Halo or MGS or any other game is any good or not. What matters is that Halo 2 was, financially, the biggest release of a game ever. Oh, and it also outdid every movie ever. I would presume music CDs as well, and possibly books (The only book I can think of which might beat it is a Harry Potter book.)

I assure you, Halo 3 will sell hundreds of thousands of 360 units, possibly millions. The X-Box had the same with Halo - that game had a presence of over 90% at one point (Meaning for every ten X-Boxes in people's homes, there were nine copies of Halo). That game sold X-Boxes. There's killer apps, and then there's Halo. Whether we actually like it or not isn't of any consequence.

If you say all of that 'bout Halo? why can't I say it 'bout Metal Gear Solid? or God Of War? or Gran Turismo(online)? or Final Fantasy XIII?

Madame Adequate
06-17-2006, 05:19 PM
If you say all of that 'bout Halo? why can't I say it 'bout Metal Gear Solid? or God Of War? or Gran Turismo(online)? or Final Fantasy XIII?

You can. And those games will quite rightly sell PS3s. FFXIII will certainly sell me a PS3. But you originally said "360 doesn't stand a chance with the PS3 AT ALL. Metal Gear Solid/FFXIII will take care of that" - you're overlooking some very, very major games for the 360, specifically Halo 3.

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 05:30 PM

You can. And those games will quite rightly sell PS3s. FFXIII will certainly sell me a PS3. But you originally said "360 doesn't stand a chance with the PS3 AT ALL. Metal Gear Solid/FFXIII will take care of that" - you're overlooking some very, very major games for the 360, specifically Halo 3.

lol, sorry bout that, you're right....but I really HOPE that PS3 and Wii just eliminate 360.

I'd like to go back to the Nintendo--------SONY Rivalry

It was SO GREAT, I remember:

-Zelda VS Metal Gear Solid
-Mario VS Crash
-Spiro VS Banjo-Kazooie
-Gran Turismo VS Nintendo's racing games

it was great times N64-PlayStation days were HOLY.

Madame Adequate
06-17-2006, 06:29 PM

lol, sorry bout that, you're right....but I really HOPE that PS3 and Wii just eliminate 360.

I'd like to go back to the Nintendo--------SONY Rivalry

It was SO GREAT, I remember:

-Zelda VS Metal Gear Solid
-Mario VS Crash
-Spiro VS Banjo-Kazooie
-Gran Turismo VS Nintendo's racing games

it was great times N64-PlayStation days were HOLY.

Yeah, those were pretty good times. But the Saturn had a lot to contribute as well. And the DC was awesome. IMHO I'd prefer the hardware producers to be Microsoft, Sony, and SEGA, whilst Nintendo switch to making games. Swap SEGA and Ninty's current positions around, basically.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-17-2006, 06:49 PM
i honestly don't know. For myself, if the PS3 will be really $500 which I hope not.
Don't worry. It's not. It's $650. Feeling better?

Actually, last I checked the price is $499 American for a PS3 with 20 gigs and $599 American for PS3s with more memory. That translates to a good bit more Canadian for me, though...

Roto13
06-17-2006, 07:03 PM
That's not what they said at E3.

Griff
06-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Wii all the way. I mean honestly, Red Steel, Twilight Princess (Zelda for those not in the know), and you just know Smash bros. and Resident Evil games with Wii capabilities are going to be on the heels of the release.

As for PS3 vs. 360, It is almost impossible to call. 360 has a jump start and with the soon to be releases of games such as Rumble roses XX and DOA: Extreme 2, Microsoft already has the pervert vote oh, and Halo 3. While some people may not like space marine FPS's like someone mentioned, it's not like everyone will like MGS4 or even FF13, despite the awsomeness of FF13. Oh and Square announced they are making at least one FF game for the 360. As for Sony, the pricepoint may turn away a fair amount of gamers, but let's face it, Sony is the only thing in existance with diehard fanboy levels rivaling FF7, so it will still do just fine.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-17-2006, 07:15 PM

Yes, but the system is still in development and things have likely changed by now. The newest price estimation is $499 for low memory and $599 for higher memory, but that could change again.

~Megalixir~
06-17-2006, 07:41 PM
Hmm, the price for the PS3 might scare off some lesser gamers with little pocket money (like me). However, as it seems, Sony will inevitably win the "Format War" as it is now called. The X-Box 360, although with running start ahead, looks like it will either be blown out of the sky or be blown out of the competition (like nintendo was)...

KentaRawr!
06-17-2006, 07:59 PM
Hmm, the price for the PS3 might scare off some lesser gamers with little pocket money (like me). However, as it seems, Sony will inevitably win the "Format War" as it is now called. The X-Box 360, although with running start ahead, looks like it will either be blown out of the sky or be blown out of the competition (like nintendo was)...

Nintendo most certainly wasn't blown out of the competition. While they did get 3rd Place, it wasn't by much, and they did gain much money during the console war. Microsoft still sells other things, most notably their Computers, to keep them up. To my knowledge, Microsoft lost money from their consoles, but there is no denying that there is alot of money to be had in the Video Game business. So, Microsoft is having another go at it. Sony, while they did sell their systems at a loss (or did they?) this generation, they did gain alot of money from the games. They got 1st Place in 2 gaming generations, so of course they are going to go into the next. They certainly have enough money from other things to afford it. :holmes:

Another thing to note is that Nintendo is making another console, so of course they aren't out of the competition. :p

~Megalixir~
06-17-2006, 09:16 PM
Hmm, considering everyone else, I would say that Nintendo certainly is...

Vote on this thread and see... http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=86855

Roto13
06-17-2006, 09:29 PM

Yes, but the system is still in development and things have likely changed by now. The newest price estimation is $499 for low memory and $599 for higher memory, but that could change again.
Source?

KentaRawr!
06-17-2006, 09:29 PM
Asking "Who won?" is asking "Who got 1st Place?". There's absolutely no denying that the PS2 got 1st Place, as it sold the most. Besides, Microsoft doesn't have any votes in that thread either. :tongue: And as I said before, Nintendo is making another console, so they aren't out of the competition.

Dreddz
06-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Oh and Square announced they are making at least one FF game for the 360.
Link ? Or are you just talking about FFXI ?

Griff
06-17-2006, 11:17 PM
might have been, don't have the link

fantasyjunkie
06-18-2006, 12:20 AM
I just think that it's a mistake for anyone to write off Nintendo. I have a feeling that those guys are going to suprise a lot of people. Number one? I doubt it, but I bet they will give Microsoft and SONY a run for their money.

~Megalixir~
06-18-2006, 12:54 AM
Hmm... Either you're right or you're crazy... But we'll see, wont we?

Yew-Yevon
06-18-2006, 01:22 AM
360's 48 billion shader ops/sec sounds cool ...but when you compare to PS3's 100+billion shader ops/sec I think im going with PS3.

Maxico
06-18-2006, 01:31 AM
360's 48 billion shader ops/sec sounds cool ...but when you compare to PS3's 100+billion shader ops/sec I think im going with PS3.

That has to be the most pointless statistic to base a purchase on, ever.

Yew-Yevon
06-18-2006, 01:35 AM
not realy...if you think about all those ppl who are hyped mostly about graphics

Maxico
06-18-2006, 01:46 AM
Which I think is stupid in the first place.

But to pick out something so amazingly insignificant like 'Shader ops/sec' just seems insane.

Anyway, I currently couldn't give a crap about the new systems. I'll probably get a PS3 for MGS4 and whatever the dev team that made 'Shadow Of The Collosus' does next. Hopefully it'll get some decent Sega games too.

Besides that I'm beyond caring.

Malboro_Menace
06-18-2006, 02:14 AM

Source?

Here (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/713/713012p1.html)

And for those who can't be bothered to click on a link... The part he was talking about.

When the PS3 launches this November, it will be available with a 20GB hard drive for $499 or a 60GB hard drive for $599. As an example of built-to-order possibilities, Kutaragi indicated that larger 120GB hard drives could be available as early as next year.

That should clear it up. For the gamers who don't really want a massive computer in their system, this should prove well. It'll also get rid of most memory card worries.

Like I've said in other threads, the PS3 should win. I just tgink that they have a more solid selection of titles then the others for them to lose. But I do beleive that the Wii could do it so thats the one to look out for. No matter how many graphics and game titles the PS3 may have the new gaming innovation (as stupid as i find it to be) and better prices could just be the downfall of the PS3.

Ryth
06-18-2006, 06:36 AM
Pfftt everyone knows the iBox will beat all.

In all seriousness though, I'm going to wait for the PS3 to be released before making a statement.

Markus. D
06-18-2006, 06:53 AM
PS3, because ya know... DMC4 and all.

$howBiz
06-18-2006, 12:34 PM
xbox 360 has got a clear advantage because it has been released so long before the ps3, BUT once the ps3 hitz da shelfz xbox360 won't know where to put itz face haha

Madame Adequate
06-18-2006, 01:08 PM
xbox 360 has got a clear advantage because it has been released so long before the ps3, BUT once the ps3 hitz da shelfz xbox360 won't know where to put itz face haha

That didn't help the Dreamcast much.

FlyingCow
06-18-2006, 08:29 PM
The PS3 will but I really like the Wii cuz its only 250$!
But really Halo 3 will have no chance against MGS 3, God of War, Shadow of the Colossus (*if a new one comes out*) or GT4 and FFXIII
I heard as well Forza Motorsport 2 is comming out but dude i played that game and my friends house and it was sh1t.

Yew-Yevon
06-18-2006, 10:12 PM
The PS3 will but I really like the Wii cuz its only 250$!
But really Halo 3 will have no chance against MGS 3, God of War, Shadow of the Colossus (*if a new one comes out*) or GT4 and FFXIII
I heard as well Forza Motorsport 2 is comming out but dude i played that game and my friends house and it was sh1t.
I think you mean MGS4, God of War 2, GT5

Vincent, Thunder God
06-19-2006, 12:46 AM

Source?

No need to for us to continue arguing over pricing! :D It's a pretty minor side to the debate.

But anyway, originally I saw this pricing on a PS3 news site which I can't seem to find at the moment, but it's also here: http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6149470

ValiantKnight
06-19-2006, 01:04 AM
PS3 will attract the action adventure/RPG games.
XBox will attract the sports/FPS gamers.

/shrug.. just my opinion.

Not buying either of them anytime soon.

theres no XBox 360-only title that i want.

look_out_below
06-19-2006, 02:57 AM
I say Xbox 360 is going to sell more units due to the fact that it is about $200 less then the PS3, graphic wise i think the PS3 will be stronger then the Xbox 360.

runouni k master
06-19-2006, 04:06 AM
well i dont think the price diff has caused to much of a problem for sony pepol like me will still buy a ps3

DeathKnight
06-19-2006, 04:09 AM
well i dont think the price diff has caused to much of a problem for sony pepol like me will still buy a ps3

runouni k master
06-19-2006, 04:31 AM
the ps3 is going to have a lot of good games like dmc4 ff13 mgs4 and re5 what more do you want