PDA

View Full Version : Wii

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-16-2006, 03:52 AM
Do you think the Wii has a solid line up of launch titles? I do sure they have game titles for children like Sponge Bob Square Pants and Super Monkey Ball...But they also have mature game titles like Red Steel and Blitz : The League. In my opinion the Wii launch titles are better than the launch titles that came out for the X-Box 360 way back in November when Microsoft decided to release their next-generation system early.

Roto13
06-16-2006, 04:02 AM
First, if you refuse to play Super Monkey Ball, I pity you.

Second, we don't know much about it's launch, so no comment.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-16-2006, 04:46 AM
First, I haven't played Super Monkey Ball before because I can never find a copy of that game in stores! It's the same thing with Psychonauts I can never find a copy of that game either they're all sold out!:mad: And second, if you want to know more about the Wii's launch titles I suggest you take the time to visit IGN.Com they have information on every game title that's scheduled for launch.

KentaRawr!
06-16-2006, 06:40 AM
Judging from IGN's List of confirmed launch titles, I'd say it does. While the two games I am most hyped up for need some fixing in terms of controls (These games being Zelda: TP and MP3:C), I'm sure that these problems will be fixed. Then there's Elebits, Super Monkey Ball, Warioware, and so on. Games that perfectly demonstrate how the Wiimote should be used, while still managing to make a fun game out of it rather than just a demonstration. :D

fantasyjunkie
06-16-2006, 07:31 AM
I'm not going to vote, becasue I don't know the answer but since my wife is a Nintendo freak, I will buy it! :mad:

escobert
06-16-2006, 07:36 AM
I'm looking very forward to the Wii

DeathKnight
06-16-2006, 09:14 AM
One word------------------Zelda

~SapphireStar~
06-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Indeed, Zelda is all you need :D

Roto13
06-16-2006, 03:16 PM
First, I haven't played Super Monkey Ball before because I can never find a copy of that game in stores!

Good. Or... bad. Too many people miss out on this game because they like to scream "omg itz got no boobz n blodd n blck ppls swearin!"

And second, if you want to know more about the Wii's launch titles I suggest you take the time to visit IGN.Com they have information on every game title that's scheduled for launch.

Link?

edczxcvbnm
06-16-2006, 05:07 PM
To my knowledge, Zelda is NOT a launch title. From what I have read it is a gamecube game that will be able to be used with the Rev-mote. As of now there is no 'Revolution' version planned.

Also Metroid Prime 3 will probably not hit this year but 1 year later. MP3 hitting this year would seem to soon.

Roto13
06-16-2006, 05:09 PM
To my knowledge, Zelda is NOT a launch title. From what I have read it is a gamecube game that will be able to be used with the Rev-mote. As of now there is no 'Revolution' version planned.
Where have you been? There are two versions, both coming out at the same time as the Wii. One for Wii, one for Game Cube. That was announcd at E3, quite a while ago.

Dreddz
06-16-2006, 05:11 PM
People bang on how the PS3 isnt getting a decent launch line up, IMO, the Wii launch line is very poor. Zelda is the only decent Wii title available at launch, and thats getting launched on the GC anyway. I voted No.

Mirage
06-16-2006, 05:28 PM
Indeed, Zelda is all you need :D
I beg to differ, I'd never buy a console for Zelda alone.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-16-2006, 05:34 PM
People bang on how the PS3 isnt getting a decent launch line up, IMO, the Wii launch line is very poor. Zelda is the only decent Wii title available at launch, and thats getting launched on the GC anyway. I voted No.

What the fuck are you talking about!? There are other good Wii launch titles besides Zelda...Like Metroid Prime 3 and Red Steel. Did you see the sword fight in Red Steel!? That was fucking awesome!!!

Dreddz
06-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Red Steel lost its hype after E3.

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-16-2006, 05:42 PM
There's an article on Red Steel in the July issue of GameInformer.

Dreddz
06-16-2006, 05:44 PM
And ?

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-16-2006, 05:48 PM
I think that might help Nintendo hype up Red Steel because a lot of people read that magazine.

edczxcvbnm
06-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Where have you been? There are two versions, both coming out at the same time as the Wii. One for Wii, one for Game Cube. That was announcd at E3, quite a while ago.

I must have misunderstood then because I read it as one game coming out that is playable on both systems.

Roto13
06-16-2006, 06:18 PM

I must have misunderstood then because I read it as one game coming out that is playable on both systems.
That was a rumour in a European magazing a while ago.

edczxcvbnm
06-16-2006, 06:35 PM
Misread things. I am sure they mentioned that in whatever article I read it in but I got them jumbled. Misread. That is my story and I stick to it.

JKTrix
06-16-2006, 08:31 PM
You didn't misread, that's very likely exactly what they said. It was a rumour though, and Nintendo confirmed the stuff Roto already explained a month ago at E3.

The GC version will still be playable in the Wii, but without the Wiimote control. The Wii version will also be widescreen, while the GC version might not. I can't recall if Nintendo confirmed that last point or not.

As for the games, I wouldn't say Zelda is the only decent game coming for it. It might be the only high profile game that appeals to that kind of gamer, but there are others. I agree with Red Steel looking mighty sketchy after E3, and Metroid Prime hasn't completely sold me yet. Other games like Wario Ware, Super Monkey Ball, Wii Sports (tennis in particular), Elebits and Trauma Center: 2nd Opinion are all shaping up to be pretty 'decent' games for launch.

Roto13
06-16-2006, 09:08 PM
I actually have scans of the article in question. I shall attach them. To think I almost deleted this the other day!

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 04:09 AM
I actually have scans of the article in question. I shall attach them. To think I almost deleted this the other day!

:kaocheer: :kaocheer: ROTO! ROTO! :kaocheer: :kaocheer:

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-20-2006, 06:01 AM
Another game for the Wii that I'm excited about is Dragon Quest Swords : The Masked Queen And The Tower Of Mirrors I love Dragon Quest VIII and I hope that Dragon Quest Swords is just as good.:)

bipper
06-20-2006, 03:25 PM
wutever. I am stoked enough for the legacy game support - so cool!

Bipper

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-20-2006, 06:10 PM
LOL!:D I can't believe how many people out there can misspell simple words like whatever Carlos Mencia is right American is filled with 'Dee Dee Dees'.

Dolentrean
06-20-2006, 07:22 PM
The Wii Pwns you

ljkkjlcm9
06-20-2006, 07:40 PM
LOL!:D I can't believe how many people out there can misspell simple words like whatever Carlos Mencia is right American is filled with 'Dee Dee Dees'.

I can't believe how many people out there don't use proper punctuation. Try a period next time part way through that sentence. Either way, without you even realizing it, your own sentence helped to prove his point.

Anyways, the Wii has the strongest launch of any console in history, with more launch titles than ever. Simple enough!

THE JACKEL