PDA

View Full Version : James Bond Movies

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-16-2006, 04:59 AM
Which James Bond movie do you think has the best plot? I can't decide I'm torn between GoldenEye and Licence To Kill. I like GoldenEye because it's the first Bond movie I've seen and there's a nice twist in the story...I like Licence To Kill because I like a good revenge story.:D

fantasyjunkie
06-16-2006, 07:13 AM
Thunderball FTW!

~SapphireStar~
06-16-2006, 11:30 AM
Ive always loved Goldeneye, characters, plot, theme music, the cars! Its wicked!

Chris
06-16-2006, 12:42 PM
I loved the whole microchip plot of A View to a Kill. Perhaps the best James Bond movie ever made. Go May Day!

Craig
06-16-2006, 12:44 PM
I loved the whole microchip plot of A View to a Kill. Perhaps the best James Bond movie ever made. Go May Day!

Is that the one Grace Jones is in?

Chris
06-16-2006, 12:47 PM
It sure is. :D

Kossage
06-16-2006, 02:25 PM
I'd say Goldfinger. The villains (Goldfinger and the crazy Oddjob being both funny and sinister) are awesome, the plot has some nice twists, we see Aston Martin action (yay!), there are many memorable scenes, John Barry's score rocks, the theme song by Shirley Bassey is catchy, Bond gets to say some of the funniest one-liners, the dialogue itself is quite sharp, and of course there's this great mystery and action which makes Goldfinger a very good Bond film. :)

Resha
06-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Ah! My favourites, so far, are The Man With the Golden Gun and The Spy Who Loved Me. I really, really liked A View To A Kill, too, and Goldfinger was class. I've always wanted to see Goldeneye, but I haven't had a chance yet. o_O Must find it. Licence To Kill is okay -- somehow, it didn't thrill me that much.

SaintDave
06-16-2006, 07:53 PM
goldeneye and tomorrow never dies are my favs. class films.
brosnan = best bond.

edczxcvbnm
06-16-2006, 08:39 PM
I'd say Goldfinger. The villains (Goldfinger and the crazy Oddjob being both funny and sinister) are awesome, the plot has some nice twists, we see Aston Martin action (yay!), there are many memorable scenes, John Barry's score rocks, the theme song by Shirley Bassey is catchy, Bond gets to say some of the funniest one-liners, the dialogue itself is quite sharp, and of course there's this great mystery and action which makes Goldfinger a very good Bond film. :)

I could not have come any where near that level of greatness in describing why Goldfinger is the best Bond film.

Goldeneye comes in a close second though.

amratis
06-16-2006, 08:42 PM
Best Plot and best overall bond movie are not nesseserily the same things. Hmm, I dunno, I'd probably go for Goldeneye. There are a couple of others I might name, but I'm not sure if I'd maybe be saying them because I like them overall. Its hard to seperate.

Alixsar
06-17-2006, 12:44 AM
You Only Live Twice. James Bond goes to Japan, "becomes Japanese" (i.e. he puts on a wig), fights Godzilla and not one but two bears, and then fights forty thousand ninjas in a hollowed out volcano lair.

Easily the best movie, like, EVER.

Goldeneye was great too. As was The Living Daylights (poor Timothy Dalton). The Man with the Golden Gun gets honorable mention because Christopher Lee is in it, as well as that one midget from Fantasy Island. Herve...Vill...I forget, but you know the guy.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-17-2006, 03:58 AM
Well, I do know what the worst Bond film was: Never Say Never Again. That was terrible. Sean Connery goes from suave to... cantankerous. It had my uncle in it at one point, that was really the only point in watching it ...well, for my family anyway. I thought it was just useless to watch at all. And then, second worse was License to Kill. That had the short-lived Timothy Dalton version of Bond.
I can't really decide for the best storyline.

Peter_20
06-17-2006, 06:42 AM
I've always wanted to see Goldeneye, but I haven't had a chance yet. o_OGet Goldeneye. Now.
It's like a Bond version of True Lies and Die Hard combined into one. :D

"YES! I am INVINCIBLE!" - Boris Grishenko :D

fantasyjunkie
06-17-2006, 07:39 AM
Well, I do know what the worst Bond film was: Never Say Never Again. That was terrible. Sean Connery goes from suave to... cantankerous. It had my uncle in it at one point, that was really the only point in watching it ...well, for my family anyway. I thought it was just useless to watch at all. And then, second worse was License to Kill. That had the short-lived Timothy Dalton version of Bond.
I can't really decide for the best storyline.
OMG! This is so true!! That movie was jsut awful, plain awful.

~SapphireStar~
06-17-2006, 12:08 PM
"YES! I am INVINCIBLE!" - Boris Grishenko
By far the coolest line in the film and Sean Bean is heavenly:D

Dreddz
06-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Diamonds Are Forever is probably my favourite, I liked Russia With Love alot as well.

Cz
06-17-2006, 03:53 PM
You Only Live Twice. James Bond goes to Japan, "becomes Japanese" (i.e. he puts on a wig), fights Godzilla and not one but two bears, and then fights forty thousand ninjas in a hollowed out volcano lair.

Easily the best movie, like, EVER.Yep. :thumb:

The Fat Bioware Nerd
06-18-2006, 12:24 AM
"She always did enjoy a good squeeze." - James Bond GoldenEye.

Itsunari 2000
06-18-2006, 12:27 AM
The one with the preposterously-named " Pussy Galore " as the lead girl.

Markus. D
06-18-2006, 03:44 AM
Everything or Nothing was not only the best of the movies, it was also the best of the games.

Mr. Graves
06-18-2006, 03:57 AM
Of the ones I've seen (about half of the Bond movies), four have been top-notch: Goldfinger, You Only Live Twice, Live Or Let Die, and The World Is Not Enough.

Aah, I can't choose!