PDA

View Full Version : Is there a meaning behind your name?

GOD GUNDAM
06-16-2006, 05:07 AM
I was wondering if there is a meaning behind your name(s) in ff XI? Mine is Charlemagne who was the first Holy Roman Emperor!

Rostum
06-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Mine is Omecle, randomly generated using a Fantasy Name Generator, many years ago.

Germ Hamee
06-16-2006, 09:16 AM
Mine is Reyn, named after a charactor from The Liveship Traders. I like the name.

Lionx
06-16-2006, 10:37 AM
I made it up, i like Lions, and X sounds cool...so blaow blaow Lionx....weeeeee

escobert
06-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Mines Bert, pretty self explanitory. My other character is named Escobert. Take Escobar subtract the ar and and ert and ya got it.

Crossblades
06-16-2006, 02:16 PM
I named my Monk Rodrigo, because I wanted to give my monk a hispanic background:p

Ouch!
06-16-2006, 07:56 PM
Zaphier is something that my friend came up with almost six years ago. Some people have suggested that they're letters taken from my name: 'Za' from my first name, 'ph' from my middle name, and 'i' and 'er' from my last name. Obviously, such people have put too much thought into that assumption.

Yeargdribble
06-17-2006, 01:13 AM
I used to be an avid reader of 8-Bit Theater. (www.nuklearpower.com) Once upon a time me and my college roomate were making fun of the onomatopoeia used in this one comic. It seemed just a little stretched out and funny for onomatopoeia. Well one day I decided to change my AIM, MSN, e-mail etc all to use one name for more ease in my life. Similarly it's the name I now use on all message boards and indeed I used it in FFXI. I picked it 1) because it sounded cool and 2) because with basically every name imaginable taken up on places like AIM I wanted something that would have almost no chance of being a taken name.

So indeed it is not Year G Dribble. It's Yeargdribble. It's onomatopoeia so sound it out. Here is the orginal comic from whence it came though you might not get the context unless you'd read the comic up to this point.

http://www.nuklearpower.com/comics/020806.gif

dodhungry
06-17-2006, 06:12 AM
ah my name dodhungry. Well it all started when Socom 1 Online came out. Load and behold I chose the name hungry. I like that name and it explains me well enough. Then Socom 2 came out. I again was fortunate to get the name hungry. Then I was invited to a clan war. The clan that invited me was the Dealearz of Death. (DoD) I kind of liked how that sounded so when Socom 3 came out dodhungry was my new name. Ever since then all everything became dodhungry from the kindom of Loathing, to gmail, and now to FFXI. Forever and always will I now be the not so famous pancake maker dodhungry.....

Markus. D
06-17-2006, 06:29 AM
Mhenlo

named after a rolemodel of mine (the only one from a video game) Brother Mhenlo from Guild Wars Factions.

Roogle
06-17-2006, 06:32 AM
Roogle. It's just me!

Del Murder
06-17-2006, 06:43 PM
My name is Tmoney, a nickname I was given in college.

No.78
06-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Kallick. No meaning... I don't know WHAT I was on when I type that in. I blame the fairies.

strawberryman
06-19-2006, 01:38 AM
Staccato -Short; Detached (In musical terms)

Miriel
06-19-2006, 04:23 AM
Eleni is a name I stole from Tolkien.

But once in awhile I get some people asking me if I'm Greek.

dodhungry
06-22-2006, 01:05 AM
Oh I almost forgot about my mule Officerfarva.. Ok if you don't get the refrence here you really need to see the movie Super Troopers.

General Beranger Stone
06-25-2006, 09:45 AM
i've lied for years over my name on FFXI. #1 its not randomly generated as i've stated. #2 its not BE RANGER! dang it all i'm not a friggin RNG for real at the time i choose the name i wanted to be a PLD. #3 it wouldn't allow me to put in my full name (General Beranger Stonewall Sagara) i got the name Beranger from a girl back when i was in middle school.... she said she was in love with me and wanted to be close to me forever... she died in a acident and had called me her little Beranger with the stonewalls... so i choose Beranger Stonewall (and somewhat after General Stonewall Jackson because of his kickassness)... Sagara came after a school fight with 3 bullies, i kick'd thier asses without breaking a sweat and one of the anime kids called me zonza or sonsa (i can't spell is his name) and i choose Sagara.. but thats not all my MCJROTC friends / ROTC / Active duty friends call'd me the GENERAL because of my grandfather and other family members who became Generals... so there it is the truth

General Beranger Stonewall Sagara
here to die for this troops...