PDA

View Full Version : :)

Rye
06-16-2006, 01:22 PM
EoFF is making me sad lately. You guys are so negative. >:o Cheer up! Smile! Summer is here!

Okay, positive thread... oh! Okay, tell us about the nicest thing that you experienced or the best thing that happened to you, in the past two weeks!

I think for me, it's summer starting and getting into Honours Choir (Advanced Chorus, Chamber Singers, whatever you wanna call it xD) after wanting to be in it for two years. I couldn't try out for it last year and this year, I finally could, and I made it! Yay! :)

Christmas
06-16-2006, 01:24 PM
I finally get a bloody long vacation after a 4 months work deployment.

Giga Guess
06-16-2006, 01:25 PM
Just passed my probation @ work! W00T! Go me!

Craig
06-16-2006, 01:26 PM
Mine would be summer starting, passing college because I wasn't sure that I would and this girl asking me out on a date, admitting she likes me and me admitting it back.

drunkymonkey
06-16-2006, 01:27 PM
Only one more exam left to go, and then off to college for a 'new life', so to speak, hardly anyone I know is going to the same one, so it's an opportunity to make new friends and stuff.

Mo-Nercy
06-16-2006, 01:28 PM
Australia DOMINATED Japan in their game in the World Cup. I am SO happy. :D

Faris
06-16-2006, 01:30 PM
The last two weeks have been pretty damn depressing for me. :D

Hmm, I guess the fact that I passed my last Math test with an 88% and some conversations with online friends. :confused:

Loony BoB
06-16-2006, 01:34 PM
The past two weeks? Spending time with Danielle (smittenkitten) two weekends ago. :) She's wonderful.

Sylvie
06-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Why don't you just say Thanks? http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=86764

Most positive thing though, is that I learned some moves with Akuma on SFA3.

Denmark
06-16-2006, 01:50 PM
pretty much all of the last two weeks have been good. i'm actually feeling worse now than i was then because i'm sick.

Madame Adequate
06-16-2006, 01:52 PM
I uh... I found a sweet item really cheap on the Auction House in Warcraft?

And my friend gave me his Dreamcast, that was pretty nifty of him.

Chris
06-16-2006, 01:54 PM
I'm so happy at the moment. I've had such a wonderful month with a lot of things that have made me happy. I don't know what else to say. I'm happy. :)

bipper
06-16-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm not ded

drunkymonkey
06-16-2006, 01:56 PM

I'd be insulted if someone gave a Dreamcast to me.

Sylvie
06-16-2006, 01:59 PM

And my friend gave me his Dreamcast, that was pretty nifty of him. I'd be insulted if someone gave a Dreamcast to me.

Dreamcasts are probably gonna sell for a lot as the years go by, since their development was ended.

drunkymonkey
06-16-2006, 02:01 PM
I reckon PS1s will also do that, considering it started off one of the most successful franchises on Earth.

~SapphireStar~
06-16-2006, 02:03 PM
My boyfriend giving our relationship another go, staying in our apartment for another year and England winning their 2 matches :D

Venom
06-16-2006, 02:09 PM
My mom getting me the B.C. Rich Bich for my birthday!:love:

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
06-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Australia DOMINATED Japan in their game in the World Cup. I am SO happy. :D

that and i just finished one bloody hard exam at uni today... and my mums comming back from overseas tommorow...should've had a krispy kreame doughnut and a boost to make the day even more better but i cant complain....one more exam to go lol :S

Resha
06-16-2006, 03:08 PM
Football = immense joy. (Yes, I nurture my obsessions! :mad2:)
And a place called The Ivy.

MageLuingil
06-16-2006, 03:25 PM
I'm not ded
I'll have to agree with bipper on this one.

Not much has happened to me in the past two weeks ... good or bad. Been working...

TurkSlayer
06-16-2006, 03:54 PM
I finally get to go home after two weeks of being bored.

edczxcvbnm
06-16-2006, 04:02 PM
I am negative because summer sucks. Office buildings are too damn cold but it is too damn warm to wear my coat down town every day! I could leave my coat at the office but I don't trust those cleaning people. That and it is humid outside and stuff. I like it cold outside and super dry and hot inside. Summer sucks for those conditions.

Captain Maxx Power
06-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Probably the nicest thing for me so far has been getting my place at university for September :)

Shauna
06-16-2006, 04:15 PM
I went back to school!

...wait that's no good. :(

Roto13
06-16-2006, 04:21 PM
I reckon PS1s will also do that, considering it started off one of the most successful franchises on Earth.
Not gonna happen. Everyone has a PS1, and PS2s and 3s are backwards compatible anyway.

Anyhoo, best thing to happen to me recently was probably finding a handful of good games (including Zone of the Enders) for really cheap.

Madame Adequate
06-16-2006, 04:55 PM

You'd be wrong to be. DC = wins.

Erdrick Holmes
06-16-2006, 04:56 PM
Summer blows. But Im getting a new jorb that pays 14 dollars an hour. I make more than my mother, I win.

SammieBabe
06-16-2006, 05:15 PM
My hotel got the AAA rating we wanted, and I got a kick ass commission check this week!
Shopping tomorrow!!! :D :D

Dreddz
06-16-2006, 05:18 PM
Its the weekend !

Shoeberto
06-16-2006, 05:29 PM

Yeah, the homebrew scene for DC is probably only rivaled by the Xbox scene, so anyone calling it suck is horribly misinformed :p

Roto13
06-16-2006, 05:42 PM

Yeah, the homebrew scene for DC is probably only rivaled by the Xbox scene, so anyone calling it suck is horribly misinformed :p
I don't really go for the homebrew thing, but there are enough great games for it anyway. I love it.

Zeldy
06-16-2006, 05:56 PM
The last few weeks havn't been great ^_^; Fall-outs in my group of friends make me sad.

But alas, its my Birthday soon :D

RSL
06-16-2006, 06:02 PM
If I could say the last three weeks, I would definitely say the greatest thing to happen to me is meeting and spending time with Amanda (Sapphiresea.) It's been over two weeks since she left though :(

I guess since then, the greatest thing would be our several phone conversations, and making plans to go see her in early July!

escobert
06-16-2006, 07:38 PM
I LVOE SUMMER! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

amratis
06-16-2006, 08:49 PM
I've passed my first year at Uni, so I'm yay! about that. Not much else though.

G SpOtZ
06-16-2006, 08:52 PM
I've become active at this site again after a loooong while -_- ^_^

I just moved to Hawaii. It was tough saying bye to all mah friends though.

Logan
06-16-2006, 09:10 PM
My dad got his pilots license and took me flying today! :D

McLovin'
06-16-2006, 09:12 PM
I bleeched my hair blonde.

Cz
06-16-2006, 09:59 PM
The World Cup makes me happy in so many ways. I've been waiting for this ever since the last one ended four years ago, and it hsn't disappointed so far. :)

Vincent, Thunder God
06-16-2006, 11:56 PM
Yeah, I've noticed some undue negativity around here lately too. It is time to cheer up in Eoff.

Levian
06-17-2006, 12:10 AM
I'd probably be more negative if I didn't have a widescreen TV.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-17-2006, 12:17 AM
I'd probably be more negative if I didn't have a widescreen TV.

What is it with you and widescreen TVs? :)

Levian
06-17-2006, 12:27 AM
What is it with you and widescreen TVs? :)

It makes everyone fat and short. Especially the fat and short people.

Anyway, I don't even own a widescreen TV. I like to think that I do though.

lovehurts
06-17-2006, 12:31 AM
,,,,*sighs*

Medi
06-17-2006, 12:50 AM
I finally wrote a decent poem (http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=86682)... I developed a new plot outline for a novel... I got GIMP, so I can practice with that... I finished the school year and I did extremely well on my exams.

So lots of great things have been happening :)

KentaRawr!
06-17-2006, 12:59 AM
I finally managed to get Paper Mario 2! YAY! :D

Shoden
06-17-2006, 01:04 AM
TOO HOT, Sweat multiplying, skin shrivelling, hair on fire....

Anyway the summer looks good so far, I just finished school today and I got a name change back to Shoden last week.

Alixsar
06-17-2006, 01:15 AM
Okay, positive thread... oh! Okay, tell us about the nicest thing that you experienced or the best thing that happened to you, in the past two weeks!

The last two weeks? Well, I got harrassed by some cops last night because I was walking home from a friend's house late at night. I was basically told by my old boss that if I didn't quit he would fire me, even though he had no right to, but the District Manager wouldn't even listen to me so I didn't have much of a choice. Oh, and I talked to a friend of mine who still works at my old job and my old boss thinks that I stole a lot of merchandise, even though the stolen items weren't even in the store until well after my last day. I still don't have a car, I asked this girl out the other day but she turned me down...um...I started my new job which pays much better than my last one but it's a lot more work and the hours are awful. I typically don't get off from work until midnight or later. I temporarily have to put up with it though since all of the other jobs I applied for turned me down, so I have to do this at least until I can find a replacement. A friend of mine almost died, another almost got thrown out of his apartment, I don't have enough money to pay for tuition in Fall, and...am I forgetting anything? Oh, I'm generally speaking a massive failure at everything I do, I'm a total loser, and every day seems more and more pointless than the one before. I'm generally speaking satisfied with what I do on any given day, but I never accomplish really anything and the fact that I'm a complete and utter failure is really starting to take a toll on me.

So yeah, all in all, the past few weeks haven't been that bad. Fairly tame by my standards.

Oh, and I feel I should add that choir is for losers. Back when I was in high school I was in the band and we hated the members of choir. And rightfully so! They were the very definition of...well, there's nothing that I can call them that I won't get banned for saying, so...yeah. The point is, we all hated them. The entire school hated the choir. We hated them mostly because they would ask to use our room for their practice, and then when their time was up we'd ask them to leave and they'd give us attitude for it. Piss off, Choir. It's the band room, for the BAND. And you had your time, get the hell out. The school hated them because choir is lame. Get out while you still can.

Malboro_Menace
06-17-2006, 01:17 AM
Its winter here and its COLD!!!

Umm all my half year tests are over. Thats good :D although I got 34% in the maths test.

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 03:30 AM
EoFF is making me sad lately. You guys are so negative. >:o Cheer up! Smile! Summer is here!

I think for me, it's summer starting and getting into Honours Choir (Advanced Chorus, Chamber Singers, whatever you wanna call it xD) after wanting to be in it for two years. I couldn't try out for it last year and this year, I finally could, and I made it! Yay! :)

Being happy when there's so much CRAP in the world isn't the best thing:

-AIDS
-War
-Terrorism
-Pathetic gov'ts (specially in the U.S.)
-Racism
-Prejudism(sp)
-People are crappier than 6 years ago.
-The direction society is heading is pretty bad.
-etc.

Let us the "mad" people be "mad", at least we're making a point. We are NOT comformists.

Giga Guess
06-17-2006, 05:39 AM
There's nothing wrong with being mad about things. It is justifiable for reasons you mentioned. But, as has also been mentioned, there are reasons to be happy too. We're not blinding ourselves to the truths of the world....just choosing to see the good in it too. We'll let you angry people be abgry....so long as you let us be happy, capice?

Fuzakeru
06-17-2006, 06:39 AM
I woke up next to Myles this morning. That alone makes everyday swell.

And Rye makes me happy with her beautiful pictures. =o

-lurks more-

-N-
06-17-2006, 06:44 AM
EoFF is making me sad lately. You guys are so negative. >:o Cheer up! Smile! Summer is here!Negative? I missed all the negativity parts. Guess I'm finally learning how to use the forums after all these years!

Twisted Tinkerbell
06-17-2006, 03:29 PM
Well I went to the Bon Jovi gig last Sunday with Iceglow. Although my aunt cut my hair, and cut way more off than I wanted cut off.

Strider
06-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Buying a plane ticket to London counts as happy. :D

Vincent, Thunder God
06-17-2006, 07:07 PM
Being happy when there's so much CRAP in the world isn't the best thing:

-AIDS
-War
-Terrorism
-Pathetic gov'ts (specially in the U.S.)
-Racism
-Prejudism(sp)
-People are crappier than 6 years ago.
-The direction society is heading is pretty bad.
-etc.

Let us the "mad" people be "mad", at least we're making a point. We are NOT comformists.

True enough, but being positive does not have to mean conformity. In fact, positivity can be a rebellion when there is all this bad news trying to force us into negativity. And I ensure you, when you are more positive with people in soceity, you will get better results from everyone.

Strider
06-17-2006, 07:09 PM
True enough, but being positive does not have to mean conformity. In fact, positivity can be a rebellion when there is all this bad news trying to force us into negativity. And I ensure you, when you are more positive with people in soceity, you will get better results from everyone.

Exactly. Plus, optimism will help you live longer.

Dixie
06-17-2006, 07:16 PM
Well, In the past two weeks, one of my favoritest people friends went on vacation, he's not back yet and I miss him so. ;__; There has been no rain, too. But! I did make my 100th and 101st issue thingy of Random!. It's so fun. I'm almost done making my new siggie and avie, and I got a new home theatre system. ^_^

Anaisa
06-17-2006, 07:23 PM

Exactly. Plus, optimism will help you live longer.
Well in that case, I'm happy that there is an upside to my negativity, I'm going to die young! :D I don't want to be an old granny. :Oo:

fire_of_avalon
06-17-2006, 11:43 PM
I got to talk to my friend Bryson today and that was cool and happy. Also, #tot last night was really funny. Also, I'm half way to my month's weight loss goal, thereby half way to my rook piericing I want to get.

Also, Pattye at work said I was pretty. I said Awww Shucks. :greenie: