PDA

View Full Version : Forgotten how fun this game is!

~SapphireStar~
06-16-2006, 02:14 PM
I do love this game *dodges stones and arrows* I havent played it in a good few months and I just thought why not have another go? I already have 2 saved games with my characters in lvls 40s and 50s, but I just wanted to restart. Im sure people have do this all the time with any game.

I just remember the first day I played it back in 2004 was it? Sat in my boyfriends dorm room playing it whilst he read out the walkthrough! He loathes it because of little things like "You've scored a Potion!" or the fact that it can be girly. He's a die hard FF7 fan :D

This game ranks third in my FF chart for me, 8 being first and 7 second. I dont know how to describe it, its just so much fun to play! I love the OST, the dresspheres are fun and Paine is one of the best characters and LeBlanc is great as a villian. Shes like something out of an old Batman live action episode!

So yeah, just wanted people to know my love for it :love:

Tavrobel
06-16-2006, 02:41 PM
*throws stones and shoots arrows*

Setzer Gabianni
06-16-2006, 03:38 PM
Paine sucks, she tries to be cool, but she isn't. Now I wanna start over - I have like, 2 save files already xD

~Setzer Gabianni

Christmas
06-16-2006, 03:43 PM
I can feel your love and I did kinda enjoy the game.

Venom
06-16-2006, 04:30 PM
Even playing the game over I still dont like it that much.

Dell
06-16-2006, 06:14 PM
I'd started it two weeks before.=)

You should try for 100%. Defeating those Via Infinito's Chicks and master those 999AP Elixir.

I make my choice! I want to be FFX-2 fanboys!! I want to ignore FFVII for awhile.

Marluxiaswife
06-16-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm already starting over, i'm on chapter 2 thought trying to get YuRiPa stronger. The sucky thing is i need to and want to start over cause my old memory card is mess up and i got a new one, so once my sister gets out of my room i'm so playing it! :love:

anacacia
06-16-2006, 09:03 PM
I started over last week, and already I am on chapter 2. I love this game. It is fun, and people that think it isn't you have to say, well at least this part was okay. You have to like at least one part. I like the singing in it, but I prefer the Japanese singer for it though. Also if you have ever seen Drawn Together (look at my sig!!!), and you see Princess Clara... thats Rikku!!! The person's voice is the voice in FFX-2!!! It's Tara Strong, if you notice in Powerpuff Girls... she plays Bubbles!!!

You have to just notice these things, and you have to like at least one thing in it.

I'm on the part when Tobli is asking me to sell tickets for him... I kinda messed up so I have to continuisly restart the game. :p Even with the guide book, you make those little mistakes!!!

I feel your love!!!

~Anacacia

~SapphireStar~
06-16-2006, 09:26 PM
I never knew it was Tara Strong! How freaking cool! She also plays Tommy from the Rugrats, worst character ever, but yeah she plays Bubbles who is one of the best!

Sefie1999AD
06-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Maybe I should also get back to playing this game someday. This fixed everything I disliked about FFX, and was a better game too. *also tries to dodge stones and arrows* If it wasn't for this game, I wouldn't have learned to like FFX even on my 2nd time through it. I really like the characters, they're all quite likable, there's a lot of side characters who you can interact with, and I think the voice acting is very well done. There's probably not much story, but there's even more free exploring and substories, and they add to the world and experience a lot, at least for me.

The battle system is very fun too. Some people say it's chaotic and smashing the X button, but I don't really agree. I didn't notice much differences to the ATB seen in FFs 4-9, except you get chain attacks, and that's actually something that enhances the battle system, it doesn't make it worse. You need to both think and act quickly. I think this game was actually quite hard, or at least harder than many of the FF games before it (6-10). I got to Chapter 3 with decent levels, then I noticed I got my party defeated in random battles in almost every area where they went. The job/ability system similar to FFV's excellent system was also a great thing to have.

While the soundtrack isn't that great, it still works well with the game, and unlike FFX's score that made me feel quite anxious or tense while playing the game since it was so upbeat, FFX-2's score usually got me on a pretty good mood since the music is quite calm and relaxing. Fortunately though, there are indeed a few great songs in the game, such as the opening menu music (Eternity - Memory of Lightwaves), the sad Yuna's Ballad piano song, the bittersweet Crimson Squad theme, Thousand Words (vocal version, piano version, and vocal orchestra version) and the sweet orchestral ending themes that remind me a bit of Disney music.

Oh, and for the record, many probably find Tobli overly annoying, but I thought he was hilarious. I liked doing the missions concerning him, and eventually it was great to see him start up the concert.

Setzer Gabianni
06-16-2006, 10:13 PM
Storywise, FFX was better. FFX-2 was..not. That's all I can say. However, X-2 scored major plus points in one way - Gippal, Nooj, Baralai <3

~Setzer Gabianni

Marluxiaswife
06-16-2006, 10:21 PM
Storywise, FFX was better. FFX-2 was..not. That's all I can say. However, X-2 scored major plus points in one way - Gippal, Nooj, Baralai <3

~Setzer Gabianni

Final Fantasy X sucked,(Sorry FFX Fans) To tell the truth i never liked any Final Fantasy games, i would just look at it and thats it, untill Final Fantasy X-2 came, It's really fun and I liked Yuna more in part 2, I liked all the characters in part two alot more :D
I wanna play ffx-2 but my sister is in my room :mad:
hopefully i can play tonight ^^
I love that game tons!, I have so much FFX-2 stuff in my room nothing like anyother final fantasy, i only like Riona but started not liking her anymore.

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 04:39 AM

who asked you?

*points to thread starter* Good to see you're loving it and kicking ass with it. Once you THROW away the fact that this game isn't a stand alone game, you tend to enjoy it, when you connect it to FFX, you realize that it follows the story and its pure intent lies in the fact that Yuna wanted to see Tidus again or just have him back.

There were MANY who could NOT accept the fact that Tidus just left Yuna like that, and this game's for them.

There's more to life than wanting a main character with a 500 inch sword acting tough, leave that to Auron in FFX.

FallenAngel411
06-17-2006, 06:45 AM
To be honest, I intensely dislike the game. I replay it when I get bored enough, but I just use a gameshark for the 100%, rather than killing myself performing every single inane action necessary. I have no shame.

Dell
06-17-2006, 07:38 AM
I hate FFX but I love X-2. It's my opinion!

But FFX and FFX-2 will never take the throne in my heart like FFVII, FFIX, FFVI and FFIV did.

Again, this is my opinion. I don't want people to agree with me by forces. If you like, you agree, if you don't, ignore it.

YTDN
06-17-2006, 07:54 AM
I just found it fun. It didn't seem to take too long, and i wouldnt get randomly stuck at one point in the game, and I wouldn't get bored with it and have to poke myself into playing more.

Setzer Gabianni
06-17-2006, 02:15 PM

who asked you?

*points to thread starter* Good to see you're loving it and kicking ass with it. Once you THROW away the fact that this game isn't a stand alone game, you tend to enjoy it, when you connect it to FFX, you realize that it follows the story and its pure intent lies in the fact that Yuna wanted to see Tidus again or just have him back.

There were MANY who could NOT accept the fact that Tidus just left Yuna like that, and this game's for them.

There's more to life than wanting a main character with a 500 inch sword acting tough, leave that to Auron in FFX.

God you're incredibly rude. Unless the thread starter said for no negative opinions, people say what they like.

~Setzer Gabianni

Venom
06-17-2006, 02:33 PM

who asked you?

Ok guys. Who let the troll out of his cage?:rolleyes2

God you're incredibly rude. Unless the thread starter said for no negative opinions, people say what they like.

No, He's not incredibly rude. He's incredibly retarded.

Venom
06-17-2006, 04:29 PM

who asked you?

how 14 year old of you.

Anyway. you losers who come into the FFX-2 forum to bash bored me to death. Don't like the game? don't need to post it 100 times in every thread.

Everyone has the right to there own opinion.

BTW we're not losers cause we dont like the game. I think the only loser here is you for actually trying to force YOUR opinions down mine, and everyone else's throat.

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 04:34 PM

who asked you?

how 14 year old of you.

Anyway. you losers who come into the FFX-2 forum to bash bored me to death. Don't like the game? don't need to post it 100 times in every thread.

Everyone has the right to there own opinion.

BTW we're not losers cause we dont like the game. I think the only loser here is you for actually trying to force YOUR opinions down mine, and everyone else's throat.

fine with me, but spamming all the FFX-2 thread with the same "this game sucks" line is the worst thing I've seen in a forum in a LONG time. Anyway, cross out the crap I said 'bout you, but you're not really going along with the purpose of the thread.

Forcing what opinion??? pfft! when I have a forced an opinion?

You're the one saying the same line 559 billion times.

Venom
06-17-2006, 04:38 PM
fine with me, but spamming all the FFX-2 thread with the same "this game sucks" line is the worst thing I've seen in a forum in a LONG time. Anyway, cross out the crap I said 'bout you, but you're not really going along with the purpose of the thread.

Saying "This game sucks" is an opinion and NOT spam. You started all this the minute you posted "who asked you?"

In laments terms, you are a troll.

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 04:44 PM

Saying "This game sucks" is an opinion and NOT spam. You started all this the minute you posted "who asked you?"

In laments terms, you are a troll.

Ok buddy, pardon me, I was a jackass to say that (bad time of day). Ummmmmmmmmmm but I still stand by what I said *bolds it for you*

Dell
06-17-2006, 05:53 PM
Let it go, DeathKnight. People have their own opinions, it's not your right to stop them, Venom's just giving her opinion.
Like me, I like FFX-2 but I don't like FFX (Billion times).

Anyway, ~SS~, how far are you in it?

~SapphireStar~
06-17-2006, 05:58 PM
Well Im still only on chapter one at the moment, going to the different locations before I go on to the hotspots. Only just got the Black Mage dressphere. As I said I have 2 other saved files for chapter 5, but I only have 68%?! So redoing it and its hard cause Im redoing 7 and 9 as well!

Dell
06-17-2006, 06:05 PM
Well Im still only on chapter one at the moment, going to the different locations before I go on to the hotspots. Only just got the Black Mage dressphere. As I said I have 2 other saved files for chapter 5, but I only have 68%?! So redoing it and its hard cause Im redoing 7 and 9 as well!

Here's a tip, have Yuna in Warrior DS, My Yuna do more damage than My Paine.
Your choice, not mine.

Or according to Mascot DS:

Yuna can use Swordplay and Arcana abilities. So you might want Yuna to master Warrior and Dark Knight.
Rikku can use White Magic and Instinct abilities. So you might want Rikku to master White Mage and Berserker.
Paine can learn Black Magic and Bushido abilities. So you might want Paine to master Black Mage and Samurai.

There's a FAQ in GameFAQ telling you how to get 100%.

~SapphireStar~
06-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the advice :D

Setzer Gabianni
06-17-2006, 06:54 PM
I started again, and right now, before I go face the first boss, I am making sure everyone learns at least one dressphere before moving on. Yes, I am that dedicated xD

~Setzer Gabianni

Leeza
06-17-2006, 07:27 PM
DeathKnight: This is enough. If you ever wish to voice your opinion of a THREAD TOPIC, great. But do not speak of anyone else's opinions again. And do not even attempt to respond to any of Vemon's posts. Put him on ignore if you have to, but I have had enough of this.

Venon: You have to learn how to use the warn button and not start to retaliate in your posts or you are just as much at fault.

Setzer Gabianni: This applies to you as well. Use the warn button, but do not make posts such as this:

Remon
06-17-2006, 09:19 PM
I like X2.In fact i played it before playing FFX.The game seemed awesome,it was kinda mysterious i mean my first thoughts were: Who is this Yuna,Rikku or Paine,what is this Spira,who is this ''him'' and what is a summonner excatly.I hardly believe i would have liked the game if i'd have played ffX.

Old Manus
06-17-2006, 11:09 PM
How can you forget how fun this game is when there is nothing to forget?

kikimm
06-18-2006, 12:21 AM
It is fun, and people that think it isn't you have to say, well at least this part was okay. You have to like at least one part.

Nah, you don't.

I actually started to really not like it the second time I tried to play it. That's how it's always been for me, with games, movies, whatever. The bad parts just seem to stand out so much more. I couldn't finish my second time through. But I definitely don't hate it now or anything, I still think it can be incredibly fun to play. Have fun. ;D

Dell
06-18-2006, 06:09 AM
I completed it yesterday. 100% and Level 99:cool: . Right now, I'm trying to master any unmastered abilities and finishing unnecessary sidequest. (I want to! I want to master those 999 AP Elixir and 999 AP Ribbon)

Setzer Gabianni
06-18-2006, 07:24 AM
^ I'm gonna aim for high levels, see how powerful they really can get! O: I'm also going to make sure everyone learns as much as they can on their dresspheres.

~Setzer Gabianni

Fantasy Lover
06-18-2006, 10:28 AM
On my 2nd run through i got the AP egg again so i had two, with this i have completed all Yuna's dresspheres and most of rikkus

Dell
06-18-2006, 04:22 PM
^ I'm gonna aim for high levels, see how powerful they really can get! O: I'm also going to make sure everyone learns as much as they can on their dresspheres.

~Setzer Gabianni

Be sure to master those 999AP Elixir and 999AP Ribbon ^___^.
Something: There are some missable Blue Bullet (Drill Shot from Baralai, Mortar from Gippal, Annihilator from Experiment). Rest in every chapter! Do Publicity Campaign, Complete Via Infinito, Win the shootout with Frailea (The Cactuar), Do not do any digging until you've beat Experiment, Join the Youth League and many more:

Perfect Walkthrough Guide (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x2_100_perfect.txt)

- Don't let Alchemist Dressphere kill you.

tidus_rox
06-18-2006, 08:18 PM

who asked you?

THANK YOU!!! I have been wanting to say that forever but i just couldnt figure out how to. lol. Ne ways, es the game is simply for Tidus super-addicted to him- fans- wannby people who couldnt just let him go. (well i wil confess i was sad for like a wekk after finsihing 10)

Ace14
06-19-2006, 06:30 AM
This game is AWSOME!! I played it about 5 times.:D

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
06-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Paine sucks, she tries to be cool, but she isn't. Now I wanna start over - I have like, 2 save files already xD

~Setzer Gabianni

Paine doesn't try to be cool... she tries to be.... uhm... quiet... she's one kick-ass bitch though... she rocks.

And the game is cool. I want a bedroom door like the den of woe.. that would be so awesome!!!

~SapphireStar~
06-19-2006, 03:48 PM
Paine doesn't try to be cool... she tries to be.... uhm... quiet... she's one kick-ass bitch though... she rocks.
QFT.

Setzer Gabianni
06-19-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm glad you think that, but I don't. She's ok as a character, but I never liked the main three. I don't like her, and that's that. Just an opinion, there's no truth in what any of us say really.

~Setzer Gabianni

~SapphireStar~
06-19-2006, 05:07 PM
That fine if you dont like her, Im not starting an arguement or anything by agreeing with someone. And I belive Paine was an awesome character, hence the reason I said Quoted For Truth. Its truth to me.

Marluxiaswife
06-20-2006, 12:40 AM
I liked All three of the characters YuRiPa