PDA

View Full Version : Got the wrong game...

Peter_20
06-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Damnation, I was gonna order Donkey Kong Country for the SNES, and then it turned out I'd ordered Donkey Kong 64 for the N64 by mistake. :mad2:
Oh well, I'll just have to play the game then; and therefore, I'd like to hear your opinions about the game in question.
Is it good? :cool:

Roto13
06-16-2006, 04:33 PM
No. It's not. It's a ripoff of Banjo Kazooie, which is a ripoff of Super Mario 64. Want a free demo? Go to a grocery store and run around all day throwing bananas into a shopping cart. It's a boring collect-a-thon with little going for it. I mean, it took a genre that Super Mario 64 created, then did it so badly that it pretty much destroyed it. Sucks to be you. >_>

Sylvie
06-16-2006, 04:40 PM
No. It's not. It's a ripoff of Banjo Kazooie, which is a ripoff of Super Mario 64. Want a free demo? Go to a grocery store and run around all day throwing bananas into a shopping cart. It's a boring collect-a-thon with little going for it. I mean, it took a genre that Super Mario 64 created, then did it so badly that it pretty much destroyed it. Sucks to be you. >_>

I second this.

Madame Adequate
06-16-2006, 04:42 PM

Did you just try to claim that Super Mario 64 invented the 3D platformer? Because I can name several examples of games using 3D, and at least a couple of bona-fide 3D free-roaming platformers. Defined it, yes, invented, no.

Roto13
06-16-2006, 04:44 PM

Did you just try to claim that Super Mario 64 invented the 3D platformer? Because I can name several examples of games using 3D, and at least a couple of bona-fide 3D free-roaming platformers. Defined it, yes, invented, no.
Whatever. SM64 made it good. DK 64 somehow made it bad.

Sylvie
06-16-2006, 04:47 PM
The only fun thing about DK 64 was taking pictures of those... chipmunks... coming at you after you threw a berry at them.

Roto13
06-16-2006, 09:14 PM
The only fun thing about DK 64 was taking pictures of those... chipmunks... coming at you after you threw a berry at them.
No, the only good thing about DK 64 was the fact that the original Donkey Kong arcade game was included, not the NES game.

MecaKane
06-16-2006, 09:38 PM
How'd you manage to do that?
Getting DKC 2 instead of the first I can understand. But the N64 one? :confused:

Peter_20
06-16-2006, 09:55 PM
How'd you manage to do that?
Getting DKC 2 instead of the first I can understand. But the N64 one? :confused:Well, I was kinda eager to get the game, but the first time I looked for it, it was sold out.
Then, some time later, I noticed a game called Donkey Kong-something with the message "available".
And, well, you know the rest. :D:rolleyes2

Tifa's Real Lover(really
06-16-2006, 11:30 PM
i liked it