PDA

View Full Version : Nanny McPhee.

Chris
06-16-2006, 08:52 PM
Somehow this movie passed me by. I didn't hear a damn thing about this movie, up until the DVD release was mentioned. I feel a little dumb and cheated, but I guess it is my own fault.

I watched some trailers and it looks like a mix between Harry Potter and Narnia. I loved Harry Potter and Narnia, so this movie sounds awfully appealing to me. I love Emma Thompson, she's great in everything she does. Angela Lansbury is one of my favourite performers from the Golden Age of Hollywood.

I don't know anything about Nanny McPhee, except from what I've seen in the trailers. Is the movie based on a children's book like Narnia? Who wrote the book? I'd love to actually see the movie.

I guess I'll rent it first, and if I'm pleased, buy it later on.

Any thoughts on this movie?

http://thecia.com.au/reviews/n/images/nanny-mcphee-poster-0.jpg

McLovin'
06-16-2006, 09:08 PM
McPhee. lol

Mirage
06-16-2006, 10:09 PM
It was okay, but I didn't know it was dubbed intil I was inside the theatre hall. I probably wouldn't have bought tickets if I knew.

Sylvie
06-16-2006, 10:12 PM
I thought it looked stupid. I was never for Harry Potter or Narnia. I have always hated Mary Poppins too. It just looked sort of dumb to me, and I began to hate it more when I saw that horse dancing... -_-,

~SapphireStar~
06-17-2006, 12:14 PM
I havent seen it yet but I really want to Angela Lansbury stars as Aunt Adelaide :D