PDA

View Full Version : Bugs Are Cool

G SpOtZ
06-17-2006, 03:53 AM
There's a lot of bugs here in Hawaii. Decent harmless looking ones, then rabid, oversized disgusting ones. What do you feel about bugs?

Totally smashed an inch and a half long cockroach last year. Nasteh.

lovehurts
06-17-2006, 03:55 AM
Sounds like you live in the movie temple of doom. Remember the scene where they are journying towards the scarficial chamber?

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 04:00 AM
There are bugs I hate with a passion.......hell I hate most bugs. The ones I tolerate are ants, but other than those, they're just pesky little craps! :irked:

Yuffie514
06-17-2006, 04:00 AM
A BIG BUGGER. STOP BUGGING ME:

cockroaches. i was putting away some things in a closet last night, and then i felt a tingling feeling on my finger. when i looked down, it was a small, brownish/disgusting/incredibly awful-looking pesticide, and flicked it off. too bad it got away. too bad when i catch it, i will skewer it and then torch it alive. i am under red-alert when i spot one. kill the intruder!

i don't hate all bugs or insects (ants, pursay).
dear God, where art thou, a snake instead, to lunge at me...:tongue:

Meat Puppet
06-17-2006, 04:03 AM
I don't mind bugs. Sometimes I will like, kill a cockroach or something. If I feel it really deserves it (maybe it bit my toe or what have you). I usually regret it afterwards, though.

When I was younger I used to trap all sorts of bugs and torture them. You may be pleased to know I have changed my ways since then.

Jojee
06-17-2006, 04:12 AM
Hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs hate bugs ;.;

Fonzie
06-17-2006, 04:15 AM
Ah spiders scare the hell out of me. Brown reculces live in my house and i've had one crawl on my shoulder in the dark before O_o. I flew like 15 feet out of my chair.

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 04:17 AM
Ah spiders scare the hell out of me. Brown reculces live in my house and i've had one crawl on my shoulder in the dark before O_o. I flew like 15 feet out of my chair.

:laugh:

man, you're lucky!

Jojee
06-17-2006, 04:20 AM
Lucky....?

I had a spider crawl out of my backpack one day while I was looking in there to get something and I <i>freaked</i> out. :x

rubah
06-17-2006, 04:38 AM
Got nothing on Texas. http://copperbadge.livejournal.com/1063577.html

YTDN
06-17-2006, 07:37 AM
Spiders scare the bajeezus out of me, especially the ones with long legs. Flies just annoy me, and ants are fine. I've never seen a cockroach.

mooglebunni608
06-17-2006, 07:41 AM
I hate all bugs 'cept butterflies :I

Psydekick
06-17-2006, 07:49 AM
Well in england the only thing you have to watch out for is Wasps, Spiders and flys are just annoying. Part from that no not really

DarkLadyNyara
06-17-2006, 10:03 AM
Totally smashed an inch and a half long cockroach an hour ago. Nasteh. I hate cockroaches. The little ones are bad enough, but now the big ones are moving in. I hate cockroaches.

Rusty
06-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Australia has 9 of the ten most poisonous spiders in the world. Suffice to say, it is not very pleasant when you find a spider lurking about. I have to say though, I'm not too fussed by bugs. You see them, you kill them. Simple. Except for ladybirds, of course.

Psydekick
06-17-2006, 11:41 AM
Cockroaches are nasty, lucky ive never encounterd one;)

DarkLadyNyara
06-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Cockroaches are nasty, lucky ive never encounterd one
Words cannot express the loathing I feel for you right now.

~SapphireStar~
06-17-2006, 12:00 PM
I cant stand big spiders, little ones are ok, moths, bees, wasps and hornets.

Rye
06-17-2006, 12:46 PM
I feel terrible to squish bugs, so except for like, horse flies when I go fishing, I don't squish bugs. I let them freeee~ :)

Chris
06-17-2006, 01:11 PM
I have nothing against bugs. I don't like them right infront of my face though. I don't see a reason to kill them.

fire_of_avalon
06-17-2006, 11:50 PM
I can't handle cockroaches or things with more than 8 legs, like centipedes. I scream and cry and beg and run away.

I like pretty much everything else though. Bugs = cool with foa.

Leeza
06-18-2006, 12:25 AM
I like bugs. Outside. If they're inside, I will pick them up and take them outside where they belong. The only bugs that I will kill are fleas that are on my cats because my cats are more important than bugs. :cat:

Zeldy
06-18-2006, 12:28 AM
As long as they stay outside I don't mind.

I'll even stand Spiders, sometimes. Its Daddy long legs that I get my Dad to kill. I know its cruel, but OH DEAR GOD THEY SCARE ME TO DEATH

Dreddz
06-18-2006, 12:29 AM
I hate bugs. Whats worse is that its summer time, so there swarming everywhere. Im being spied on by 3 spiders right now !

G SpOtZ
06-18-2006, 12:31 AM
As long as they stay outside I don't mind.

I'll even stand Spiders, sometimes. Its Daddy long legs that I get my Dad to kill. I know its cruel, but OH DEAR GOD THEY SCARE ME TO DEATH
Daddy Long Legs are harmless.

Unless you have any kind of open wound. Then they crawl inside it and kill you. Not even kidding.

But that couldn't happen, could it? Nahhhh.....

(Psst... Yes it can. And it does.)

Dreddz
06-18-2006, 12:34 AM
Daddy Long Legs are apparantly very poisonous :mog:

Levian
06-18-2006, 12:36 AM
Bugs can get really really mad.

Zeldy
06-18-2006, 12:52 AM
Daddy Long Legs are apparantly very poisonous :mog:
They are poisionous. But their mouths are too small? I think. I remember my brother telling me :p

Dreddz
06-18-2006, 12:54 AM
They have no fangs to release the poison. Same goes for other house spiders, most are poisonous.

Shauna
06-18-2006, 12:59 AM
Bugs are alright. They don't bother me. :) Not even spiders. :p The only ones that have any effect on me are Daddy-Long-Legs. -_- Their inability to fly terrifies me. :(

mega_tonberry
06-18-2006, 01:04 AM
As I live in Texas, it would be a very hard life if I didn't learn to co-exist with bugs.

G SpOtZ
06-18-2006, 08:14 AM
Ignore the thread title. Bugs are not cool.

You know those big, crazy ones? The ones that look like overgrown mosquitos, but are actually mosquito eaters? I hear they only live for a day, maybe they're called Mayflies. I don't know. There's a lot of them. In my room. It's a bit unpleasant, because it's like they don't know what they're doing. They'll stick onto a wall for 30 minutes, then start going insane, flappin around everywhere and flying into things. It's actually kinda amusing, but not in my face.

Sylvie
06-18-2006, 10:01 AM
I don't have a problem with little bugs, its fun watching them fly across the room after I flick them. But bigger ones scare the /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif out of me. I hate Millipedes and Centipedes... It gives me shivers just thinking about them. I hate big spiders too, anything big is insanely annoying and scary for me.

rubah
06-18-2006, 06:41 PM
daddy long legs are not poisonous. What you've heard is an urban myth. They're very sweet! You can tell how afraid they are because when you pick them up they shart shaking trying to escape.

Once I felt one crawling on me in my bed and I picked it upa nd hurled it at the wall. I sorta felt bad after.

I should take a picture of teh insect collection I had to do for biology last year x.x;

xX.Silver.Wings.Xx
06-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Bugs are evil :crying:

Kossage
06-18-2006, 08:12 PM
I think most bugs in Finland are cool and all, but there are some annoying ones. I do hate mosquitoes and horseflies with a passion. Crane flies freak me out because of their big size, but luckily enough they're nice buggers who don't harm people. Lady beetles and phalangids ("harvestmen") are actually quite nice, and especially lady beetles are useful in dealing with the nasty aphids which damage certain plants. And woodlice are awesome and can be beneficial to one's garden because they recycle nutrients back into the soil. :)

fire_of_avalon
06-18-2006, 10:18 PM
Ignore the thread title. Bugs are not cool.

You know those big, crazy ones? The ones that look like overgrown mosquitos, but are actually mosquito eaters? I hear they only live for a day, maybe they're called Mayflies. I don't know. There's a lot of them. In my room. It's a bit unpleasant, because it's like they don't know what they're doing. They'll stick onto a wall for 30 minutes, then start going insane, flappin around everywhere and flying into things. It's actually kinda amusing, but not in my face.

We call 'em skeeter(mosquito) hawks, but that's just mountain talk.

GOD GUNDAM
06-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Bugs are awesome since I love life in many forms, but I'm cautious around bugs that I never seen before just because it might have the potential of killing me by using its poison!

Jess
06-19-2006, 12:17 AM
I am terrified of bugs. :(

I can't squish them, either. I'm too scared to even go near them -- I totally freak out. :(

Yuffie514
06-19-2006, 07:05 AM
cockroaches need to go down in a holocaust :chuckle: :evilking: . i can now imagine that impact from Ifrit's Hell Fire attack :hot: . they are filthy, undesired vermins, and do nothing to benefit me (Yahoo-ed all that myself = completely useless and 100% vermin)...

ashes to ashes,
dust to dust,
death beyond death,
not an atom of life.

must get exterminator poison - no - flamethrower.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
06-19-2006, 08:46 AM
I hit a bug from 15 feet away with my friends blowgun once. Most amazingly lucky shot in the world. I like bugs.

Shaun
06-19-2006, 10:14 AM
I've oddly gotten a fear of bugs lately when I didn't mind them much at all as a kid. Now, even a couple of large moths that come in at night make me change rooms. However, there are certain bugs that I mind, and certain ones I don't.

Vampire bugs - the fat ones that're full of blood - I hate. I remember when I woke up at night and there was some big, dirty orange one on my arm. I could see it was full of my blood and I felt really sick after.

Flies - They eat dog /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif and spit it out on your food. 'Nuff said.

Caterpillars/Ladybirds/other garden bugs - I don't mind these much.

To be honest, as I'm not going on holiday so often I don't encounter quite so many. But then there's spiders. Maaan, I hate them. I remember when I was taking a bath once, and I looked up and there was this spider lowering itself ONTO ME from its web. Jesus! I freaking leaped out of the bath!