PDA

View Full Version : ZOMG SHENMUE III?!

Madame Adequate
06-17-2006, 04:23 AM
I just heard about this! Apparently Yu Suzuki has announced that he will be directing Shenmue III... ok, that ought to bypass the little preview which pops up when you mouseover. I have absolutely no reason for this underhandedness except my own amusement. I wouldn't have done more than the thread title if it weren't for the silly popups. >=| But when I does a trick, I does a trick competently.

But, there is a thread herein! As we know all too well, Shenmue III was never made. It will almost certainly never be made. This is a travesty.

So, what games have never been made, which should have been made? These can be either cancelled games, rumored projects, or simply stuff you've come up with.

And yes, we know about a PS3 remake of FFVII.

Roto13
06-17-2006, 04:25 AM
Earthbound 64, bitch! >=(

Vincent, Thunder God
06-17-2006, 04:32 AM
Yeah, I was looking forward to Shenmue 3 for sure. I was never able to play Shenmue 1 due to never owning a Dreamcast, but I played Shenmue 2 on Xbox and really liked it. Shenmue 3 probably would have been only released on the 360 though (it was an only-for-Xbox title before, and one site said that if it was released it would be on the Xbox 360 only), and because of my loyalty to the PS3, I would not have been able to play it anyway... unless I had tons on cash on my hands. That would be so great, to have the 360 and PS3.

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 04:35 AM
source?

Erdrick Holmes
06-17-2006, 04:38 AM
Im sure Shenmue 3 is well on its way, it's just gonna take awhile to make. I doubt Yu Sazuki's gonna gyp his fans like that since in Shenmue 1 it was already claimed that Shenmue would have 5 chapters.

Anyway, I think for alot of people when I say Duke Nukem Forever.

Also I think I speak for like 5 non-dweebs here when I say.... Sammy Vs Capcom.

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 04:45 AM
Im sure Shenmue 3 is well on its way, it's just gonna take awhile to make. I doubt Yu Sazuki's gonna gyp his fans like that since in Shenmue 1 it was already claimed that Shenmue would have 5 chapters.

Anyway, I think for alot of people when I say Duke Nukem Forever.

Also I think I speak for like 5 non-dweebs here when I say.... Sammy Vs Capcom.

source???

Erdrick Holmes
06-17-2006, 05:20 AM
Source on what? Be specific, I mentioned three things in that quote.

FallenAngel411
06-17-2006, 05:25 AM
I'm one of the dorks still waiting for Monkey Island 5. :cry:

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 05:26 AM
Where the HECK is the source for Shenmue III? *points at Darth Holmes*

Roto13
06-17-2006, 05:26 AM
Baten Kaitos DS and Katamari Damacy DS.

Sylvie
06-17-2006, 05:43 AM

Dude, you need to be patient.

Erdrick Holmes
06-17-2006, 10:41 AM
http://shenmue.planets.gamespy.com/shenmue3_preview.shtml

Maxico
06-17-2006, 11:58 AM
Yes but Kikizo was the only website that has reported this. And that was nearly a year ago, I havn't heard anything about it since.

~SapphireStar~
06-17-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm one of the dorks still waiting for Monkey Island 5
Same here, the Voodoo Lady said she had a 5 game contract with LucasArts, so it must be true!!!

Zeromus_X
06-17-2006, 12:35 PM
I'm hoping tri-Ace will make the fifth Star Ocean game...but it's unlikely. It's likely they will, because it's their signature series, but also unlikely...for a certain reason.

Madame Adequate
06-17-2006, 01:08 PM

Mm. Well, much as I want to believe that (And to be fair it's not beyond the realms of possibility), I haven't seen any reliable info on the matter. Mainly my scepticism arises from the fact the X-Box got a Shenmue II deal, and in the four/five year since, we've not seen any new Shenmue.

DeathKnight
06-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Yes but Kikizo was the only website that has reported this. And that was nearly a year ago, I havn't heard anything about it since.

patient 'bout what? there's something you must learn. When someone claims something it is important that they source it.

KentaRawr!
06-17-2006, 08:21 PM
A game that should have been released? Well, Dinosaur planet. Yeah, I know that Star Fox Adventures is the final project, but c'mon, would you rather play as Fox for most of the game or Krystal? :rolleyes2

Seriously though, a game that should have been released is Castlevania: Resurection (SP?). The lame reason Konami gave us for not releasing it does not justify it's being cancelled. "It didn't play like an action game" my foot! :mad2:

fantasyjunkie
06-18-2006, 12:24 AM
I played Shenmue2 for a while on the XBOX but got burnt out on doing little part time jobs like carrying books around. The idea was in the right place though. I could tell a lot of love was put into that game.

Renmiri
06-18-2006, 02:24 PM
Shenmmue3 Online will be launched soon. Source: Play! Concert program which me and Haybusa watched on may 27th 2006 :D It is official!!!

http://forums.eyesonff.com/showthread.php?t=83677

Mirage
06-18-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm hoping tri-Ace will make the fifth Star Ocean game...but it's unlikely. It's likely they will, because it's their signature series, but also unlikely...for a certain reason.
Any sequel to the 3rd game would feel a bit silly <,<. The best option for them now would be to make a prequel :p.

Madame Adequate
06-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Shenmmue3 Online will be launched soon. Source: Play! Concert program which me and Haybusa watched on may 27th 2006 :D It is official!!!

zomg my ex and her best friend were there. They did not make mention of Shenmue >=|

Also zomg w00ts. Last I heard that had gone down the pan. o_O Edit; Just went and checked and apparently I should pay more attention! Thanks Renmiri for letting me know =D

DK
06-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Chrono Break. :(

Sylvie
06-18-2006, 07:27 PM

patient 'bout what? there's something you must learn. When someone claims something it is important that they source it.

I was saying you needed to shut up and be patient for someone to post the source, you asked about 3 times.

Vincent, Thunder God
06-19-2006, 01:03 AM
I'm one of the dorks still waiting for Monkey Island 5. :cry:

How could I have forgotten to mention that myself?

Me too. :crying2:

*everyone stares at me*The smilie is for effect.

(Damn you Lucasarts. You fire all the genuises because of losses... Tim Schafer, Steve Purcell, Michael Land, Clint Bajakian, Peter McConnell, the list goes on. Then you stop selling almost all of the adventure games, despite them being in high demand... even Monkey Ilsand 1 and 2 and Grim Fandango! You refuse to make any more adventures, despite fan revolts, and then make a bunch of tired, repetitive, boring and creatively stifled Star Wars rehashes. Then Jim Ward, in an interview, when asked if the adventures will ever return, because the interviewer also happens to be a rapid adventure fan, says that Lucasarts have better ideas than reviving the old advenutres. Right. Lego Star Wars 2 is just so goddamn original isn't it? In case you're wondering, that actually is a real game. The once masterful company has reduced to shambles of its' former self.)

Hey, another senseless rant to add to my repertoire...

DeathKnight
06-19-2006, 02:57 AM

I was saying you needed to shut up and be patient for someone to post the source, you asked about 3 times.

I didn't post 3 times in a row. If you READ the thread, you can see that people KEPT on claiming how Shenmue is in the works or whatnot without sourcing it. I just kept asking all of those who kept claiming such rumours.

Renmiri
06-19-2006, 04:02 AM

zomg my ex and her best friend were there. They did not make mention of Shenmue >=|

On the show they just played one of Shenmue's songs (wonderful BTW) but if you bought the program booklet like I did, you would see that the book has a page for Shenmue where it says Shenmue Online will be available soon :D

Madame Adequate
06-19-2006, 11:07 AM
Chrono Break. :(

That went the way of the guy in your sig. =/

But I sincerely doubt they could have topped CC.

Dreddz
06-19-2006, 08:24 PM
Mighty Street Fighter II :mad:

Hayabusa
06-19-2006, 09:08 PM
I believe SOMEONE said in Monkey Island 4 that they had a 5 game contract with Lucasarts- THEY SUCK- Cacelled SAM AND MAX and the Full Throttle - WTF - I'm so happy Steve Purcell owns the rights to Sam and Max and the original people that got fired from Lucasarts formed their own company and will be making Sam and Max

http://www.telltalegames.com/comics/samnmax/

Um...Shenmue III - I've practicly given up on it - and Shenmue Online is NOT Shenmue III - It was even going to be released first in China and Korea- not even Japan yet because...it sucks - I think it's just bait to rake in money for the series - You don't play as Ryo - you help him and it sounds really retarded- Why did Sega/AM2 waste the resources to make ONLINE rather than Shenmue III - That's Sega though...doesn't seem to be business savvy. Makes me sad. :( - But yes, I'm going to have to say SHENMUE III :( :( :(

Rebel Assault III???????

I want PHANTASY STAR V - Or they should have least RELEASED PSIV with the other compliations - That's the best one.

Er...that's all I got.

Sylvie
06-19-2006, 09:40 PM

I didn't post 3 times in a row. If you READ the thread, you can see that people KEPT on claiming how Shenmue is in the works or whatnot without sourcing it. I just kept asking all of those who kept claiming such rumours.

You don't read posts do you? I never said you posted 3 times in a row, I said you kept saying "Source?" and you said that 2 times, and then you said "Where the HECK is it?" You only need to ask once, you don't need to keep going on about the source 3 times. Someone posted it, you just need to be patient.