PDA

View Full Version : Is it wrong that...

Alixsar
06-17-2006, 06:16 AM
I always made Shadow my Dragoon-type character. Always. I give him the dragon boots and dragon horn every time I play. I usually end up giving the better weapons to people like Edgar or...well, Edgar gets the really good ones and everyone else gets other stuff...my point is Shadow typically gets stuck with the Gradeus. Either way, it always made sense to me that a ninja would be able to jump really high and he'd probably use a knife. Only Cyan could use katanas, so what else would a ninja use? I mentioned this to a friend the other day, and he couldn't believe that I made Shadow into a dragoon. So, what do you think? Is it really that crazy?

Dell
06-17-2006, 06:59 AM
Mog and Edgar. That's because you can equip Spear to them. But I don't really like Dragoon, so I never use Dragon Boots and Dragon Horn.

Peter_20
06-17-2006, 07:22 AM
Well, I think spears double their damage with the Jump command, so using a Ninja isn't very practical; although he might still be really powerful.

Interesting, gotta try it next time I play. :D

I'd like to see a Black Wizard using the Kick command, though. :thumb:

crono_logical
06-17-2006, 01:09 PM
I never really liked the Jump command in FF6 :p

Crossblades
06-17-2006, 02:13 PM
I always give Mog or Edgar the Jump command;)

Roto13
06-17-2006, 05:06 PM
I don't give Jump to anyone, but if I did, it would be someone with a spear...

Moon Rabbits
06-17-2006, 05:07 PM
I never really liked the Jump command in FF6 :p

I never used it.

KoShiatar
06-17-2006, 05:49 PM
Historically, katana were the weapon of the samurai and ninja used shorter, lesser-quality blades, so it makese sense that Shadow has no katana.

Moon Rabbits
06-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Oh, and just to clear up any foolishness right now:

Edgar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shadow

Mirage
06-18-2006, 04:25 PM
I don't give Jump to anyone, but if I did, it would be someone with a spear...
I agree, Dragoons use spears.

The Unknown Guru
06-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Historically, katana were the weapon of the samurai and ninja used shorter, lesser-quality blades, so it makese sense that Shadow has no katana.
Correct. However, ninja also used daggers and "makeshift weaponry" such as shears and kamas (Japanese sickles).

starseeker
06-18-2006, 09:24 PM
Edgar and Mog were always dragoons because their default weapons were spears. I used Shadow as a ninja, he threw shurikens at the enemies.

Alixsar
06-19-2006, 04:08 AM
Here's the thing, though. I hate Mog, so I utterly refuse to do anything with him. There aren't that many spears in the game that are worth using, and Edgar always gets the Genji Glove/Offering/Atma Weapon/Illumina, so I can't use him. And the only unique thing that Shadow brings to the table is Throw, which I don't really like using. But I like the character, so I always want to use him. And how can I do that? I make him the dragoon. It works pretty well, even though it probably shouldn't.

Note: I'm aware that samurais use katanas, but ninjas typically use shorter swords similar to katanas, so I figured you would all just get what I meant. But I guess not.

Dell
06-19-2006, 02:24 PM
Here's the thing, though. I hate Mog, so I utterly refuse to do anything with him. There aren't that many spears in the game that are worth using, and Edgar always gets the Genji Glove/Offering/Atma Weapon/Illumina, so I can't use him. And the only unique thing that Shadow brings to the table is Throw, which I don't really like using. But I like the character, so I always want to use him. And how can I do that? I make him the dragoon. It works pretty well, even though it probably shouldn't.

Note: I'm aware that samurais use katanas, but ninjas typically use shorter swords similar to katanas, so I figured you would all just get what I meant. But I guess not.

You hate a moogle?:eek: Poor Mog......

Why don't you train him? I found Mog better than Gau and Strago.

Or how about giving Atma Weapon to another person?

Alixsar
06-19-2006, 08:55 PM
You hate a moogle?:eek: Poor Mog......

Why don't you train him? I found Mog better than Gau and Strago.

I don't use him because he's annoying. I like moogles, but I hate Mog. I never liked his dances and I think he's a lame character, so out of principle, I don't use him. And I like Gau/Strago/Relm even less, but I still don't like Mog.

Or how about giving Atma Weapon to another person?

Blasphemy! NEVER!

Fleacy
08-06-2006, 07:08 PM
lol I'm the same way as you. Edgar always gets the best equipment even if it's not logical. Just because he's my favorite character :)

Mirage
08-06-2006, 07:16 PM
For the same reason, I always give Tina the best equipment.

desh
08-23-2006, 11:37 PM
I think you're wasting the atma weapon/illumina on edgar, since his dragoon boots/dragon horn combo is really quite good, and someone else can benefit from the gengi glove/offering, eg terra or locke.

Avarice-ness
08-24-2006, 04:48 AM
I don't like jump comand.

If I'm desperate and mad, I de-equip everyone's weapons and throw them.

Throwing things > Jumping high and hitting things.

Zeromus_X
08-24-2006, 05:42 AM
The Mayor of Zozo speaks the truth.

But Jump wasn't too grand in FFVI anyway, unless you use some bugs...:cat:

Avarice-ness
08-24-2006, 05:48 AM
The Mayor of Zozo speaks the truth.

But Jump wasn't too grand in FFVI anyway, unless you use some bugs...:cat:

What? I did not, You're a liar, Crazy lying Zeromus, with your accusing me of telling the truth. :razz:

Roto13
08-24-2006, 06:15 AM
Buncha liars in Zozo. Can't trust 'em.

Avarice-ness
08-24-2006, 07:14 AM
You dang Jidoorian.
Don't make me get some slamdancers down on you.