PDA

View Full Version : Monitor give me headache

Christmas
06-17-2006, 01:52 PM
I got two problem right now.

First, I brought a new CPU and I installed Guild Wars. But the problem is I can run the game but my monitor went all black with the green light on the little bulb beside the on/off button flashing.
(I can still hear the music playing and everything return to normal when I return to window)

Second, I really have no idea adjusting this weird internet explorer display of mine after I got this new CPU. Have a look.

I wish to resize it "window" size or in other words a smaller display without the scroll bar at the bottom.

I tried adjusting the text size but nothing happens.

Lastly, thanks for your help. :)

MecaKane
06-17-2006, 02:57 PM
For christ sakes, use a resolution higher than 800x600, it's 2006.

And you can't make it smaller without the scroll bar on the bottom. Eoff is x wide and it'll always be that wide so if you make the window smaller you'll need to have a scroll bar so you can see all of it.
Oh, switching to classic style will let you shrink the window. But just use a higher resolution your computer can obviously handle it if you can play guild wars.

bipper
06-17-2006, 04:01 PM
yeah; resolution. Right-click on desktop, and click on properties in the menu that will pop up. From there, click on the settings tab in the window that will pop up, and you will see a small slider that says screen resolution; crank that @#$@ up :)

As far as your other issue, it sounds like your graphics card cannot handle the game properly. I hope you did not buy a dell :( Do you know your computer's specs? If so; tell me how much ram and what kinda of video card you have

Bipper

Mirage
06-17-2006, 05:16 PM
It sounds more like the resolution/refresh is set too high for the monitor to handle. The monitor going black and the power LED flashing or changing colour is something screens do if they can't display the output from your PC, in order to avoid damaging the display (The LED flashes just to tell you something's wrong though). If it was the graphics card, the game would be likely to crash, glitch, have an incredibly low framerate, or any combinations of those 3.

When it comes to Windows' resolution, be sure to set your monitor's refresh frequency to the maximum, it'll be easier on your eyes. To do so, go to Display Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Monitor. Make sure the box for "Hide modes that this monitor cannot display" is checked. then select the highest option in the "Screen refresh rate" drop-down box.

Shoeberto
06-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Is your monitor old? If it is, it might not be able to handle the default resolution that Guild Wars is choosing for your computer's capabilities. I'd suggest trying a different, newer monitor.

Christmas
06-17-2006, 06:58 PM
I adjusted screen resolution and everything is fine now. Thank you so much.

DK
03-19-2022, 07:53 PM
lol noob

Christmas
03-20-2022, 11:29 AM
Interesting fact. I wrote "DIE, DAN, DIE" in blood and put the monitor on display in my basement together with a voodoo doll. Apparently the curse is not working well. :(

Psychotic
03-24-2022, 02:43 PM
Maybe you should try typing it into your Yahoo! toolbar instead.

Quindiana Jones
03-24-2022, 04:03 PM
I had a mate who, whenever some asked him a question, used to love going "Google it on Yahoo". Still funny to me to this day.

DK
03-24-2022, 06:42 PM
oh man I didn't even notice the yahoo toolbar hahahah

CAN YOU STILL DENY THAT YOU'RE A 45 YEAR OLD AUNTIE LOL