PDA

View Full Version : crisp and chipper

rubah
06-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Alright. Crisps. Chips. Little fried thin slices of potato covered in salt and flavoring.

Which is best?

Right now I'm munching on Lays' Sour Cream and Onion and zomp it is so good.

I'm trying to remember the brand of crisps I had in London. . Walker? Some UKer verify this for me^_^ They weren't nearly as good, but it was interesting reading the packaging on all the health strides they'd supposedly taken xD

G SpOtZ
06-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Right now I'm munching on Lays' Sour Cream and Onion and zomp it is so good.
Like... like an orgasmic orgy in my mouth. SO good. I love that stuff... Sour cream and onion flavor has always been good to me.. I need some now... But I have none... oh god...

Zeldy
06-17-2006, 09:14 PM
I'll eat any crisps thats either Prawn Cocktail, Plain, or Salt and Vinegar. Cheese and Onion = gross.

I like ordinary crisps, the ones not in a funny shape or anything. Just normal.

Chris
06-17-2006, 09:25 PM
I've never been fond of chips, or potato chips, as the Americans call it. I do however like Fish 'n' Chips, but that is hardly relative.

:D

Meat Puppet
06-17-2006, 09:27 PM
I don't have a favourite flavour of potato crisps. I've never really thought to pick one. I pretty much have liked every flavour I've tried, though. And if not that I didn't hate it. As far as brands go I guess Bluebird because that's the only brand I can ever remember. There's this green one but I'll never remember it.

Any road, potato crisps are always better with the Nestlé reduced cream and Maggi Onion soup dip. :drool: (imo)

Fonzie
06-17-2006, 09:42 PM
I'd give it away to scientolgy :D

KentaRawr!
06-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Potato Chips are yucky. :mad2: I don't know what Crisps are, but if they are those little chunks of potatoes of which you fry, I like those. :)

Edit: A quick google search told me what Crisps are. They are in a potato chip shape but wavey. The taste usually ends up being better when compared to Chips it seems. I like Crisps. But as long as the flavor of a Crisp or Chip is Sour Cream and Onion, it's all good. ;)

Cz
06-17-2006, 09:53 PM
I'm trying to remember the brand of crisps I had in London. . Walker? Some UKer verify this for me^_^ They weren't nearly as good, but it was interesting reading the packaging on all the health strides they'd supposedly taken xDWalkers, yeah. I thought Lays tasted pretty much identical when I had them, but meh. Salt & Vinegar McCoys and Pringles ftw, anyway. :D

Tavrobel
06-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Anything that is flavored Sour Cream and Onion is for the win.

rubah
06-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Potato Chips are yucky. :mad2: I don't know what Crisps are, but if they are those little chunks of potatoes of which you fry, I like those. :)

Edit: A quick google search told me what Crisps are. They are in a potato chip shape but wavey. The taste usually ends up being better when compared to Chips it seems. I like Crisps. But as long as the flavor of a Crisp or Chip is Sour Cream and Onion, it's all good. ;)
chips and crisps are identical, but the british don't know the right term;]

The wavyness isn't a factor ^_^

Resha
06-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Rubah, you're American!!! How can you be so traiterous and call them CRISPS??? Next thing y'know, you'll be using a 'u'. :nonono:

I like chips -- Lays and Ruffles. Yummy yummy, especially Sour Cream'n Onion. Best flavour. I hate original. Boring.

Edit: Oh my god. Total psychism o___o

rubah
06-17-2006, 10:13 PM
Rubah, you're American!!! How can you be so traiterous and call them CRISPS??? Next thing y'know, you'll be using a 'u'. :nonono:

I'll never stoop that low.

Psychotic
06-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Oh boy, I sure hope this turns into another thread about whether the American or the Commonwealth way of spelling things is superior! They never get old!

Walkers crisps are godly, and shame on you not for loving them, rugby.

Resha
06-17-2006, 10:22 PM
No, it won't. Because the Commonwealth way is superior. There.

Anaisa
06-17-2006, 10:39 PM
chips and crisps are identical, but the british don't know the right term;]

The wavyness isn't a factor ^_^
That's not what we base what we call chips an what we call crisps on! This is what we call chips:http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/images/recipes/chips_300x193.jpgHere is what we call crisps: http://ukstudentlife.com/Britain/Food/Pubs/Crisps.jpg

Shauna
06-17-2006, 10:44 PM
Walkers crisps are the best. :D Salt and Vinegar or Roast Chicken plz. :)

Levian
06-17-2006, 10:45 PM
I like getting Lays.

Dreddz
06-17-2006, 10:47 PM
Kettle Chips :D

Rye
06-17-2006, 11:02 PM
Salt and vinegar and plain salted are good. :D

Miriel
06-17-2006, 11:07 PM
I like the chedder cheese ruffles. Oh and also the BBQ Lays. And also the sour cream 'n onions Lays. And also the regular Lays. Yeah, I like chips. I think they're great even though they're not great for you.

ff7+ff10 gurl 100
06-17-2006, 11:10 PM
Anything that is flavored Sour Cream and Onion is for the win.
QFT. I love sour cream and onion. And Cheetos. But if I eat too many Cheetos, Ill barf. Srsly. Barbeque are awesome too. :p Sour Cream and Cheddar Ruffles are good too :D I basically like any chips that arent Salt and Vinegar. I hate Vinegar chips. >.<

~SapphireStar~
06-17-2006, 11:26 PM
Prawn cocktail rule :D And Cheetos are heavenly, but it seems the UK doesnt get them anymore. Havent seen them in years.

Leeza
06-18-2006, 12:28 AM
I love all chips, but Kettle chips are the best. Especially anything Mesquite flavoured. I never have any in the house though because if I know that they are there, I will eat them. :cat:

-N-
06-18-2006, 01:01 AM
Jalapeno kettle crisps are good. Miss Vickie's is the brand, I think.

http://www.taquitos.net/dbimages13/MissVickies-J.jpg

Mo-Nercy
06-18-2006, 02:43 AM
Kettle chips rock.

And I don't know if anyone else gets this, but after I have too much of those 'other' flavours, I find myself loving Original all over again. Every now and again I'll dip back into Sweet Chilli or Honey Soy but nothing tops good ol' Original.

G SpOtZ
06-18-2006, 02:48 AM
Kettle chips rock.

And I don't know if anyone else gets this, but after I have too much of those 'other' flavours, I find myself loving Original all over again. Every now and again I'll dip back into Sweet Chilli or Honey Soy but nothing tops good ol' Original.
Amen to that, sister.

kikimm
06-18-2006, 02:56 AM
Oh man kettle chips are great. So are salt and vinegar. I love those. Basically, any kind of chip that you can buy at some health food store. They always have the best. :heart: Nummy.

I Took the Red Pill
06-18-2006, 03:21 AM
Jalapeno kettle crisps are good. Miss Vickie's is the brand, I think. You read my mind on that one.

MageLuingil
06-18-2006, 03:26 AM
Mmm, I loves Sour Cream & Onion! Man, I haven't had any in sooo long though ... :'(

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-18-2006, 03:50 AM
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/grokyou/ygsp.jpg

Malboro_Menace
06-18-2006, 04:07 AM
http://www.taquitos.net/dbimages13/Aust-RedRock-WineHerbs.jpg
Best chips ever...

I like burgerings too. They're cool. And Kettle! GO KETTLE WOOO!

Yuffie514
06-18-2006, 08:39 AM
original, or even with the little waves in them. i also like sour cream and onion, but nothing beats plain...

Hambone
06-18-2006, 08:45 AM
Salt and Vinegar, Cheetos Puffs, or Pretzel sticks.

Shoden
06-18-2006, 11:52 AM
A packet of Walkers Salt and Vinegar crisps please.

Loony BoB
06-19-2006, 01:17 PM
It largely depends on who's making them and what style of chips they are.

Thin stuff, BBQ chips are best for Walkers, and spicy chips are also good. I'm not a massive fan of the thinner chips overall, though.
The thicker (often zig-zagged) style, salt and vinegar are great, and NZ's 'Ripples' chicken chips are also good. I love these kinds of chips, they're much better. For the UK, I'm talking McCoy's.
For corn chips, it's gotta be 'Mexican' (from NZ's Aztec). I've yet to discover some really nice corn chips in the UK... Dorritos tend to suck.
For pringles, it must be Hot'n'Spicey - I love that, a lot.

NZ also had pizza flavoured chips which were Godly but I can't remember who made them.

For chips with a salsa dip, you should have corn chips, something like lightly salted unflavoured chips or possibly 'Mexican' flavoured.

For chips with a non-salsa dip (the more traditional chip-dip), such as onion dip... salt and vinegar works okay, as does ready salted. BBQ, chicken and the like are all a no-no for chip-dip though.

Jess
06-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Walkers, yeah. I thought Lays tasted pretty much identical when I had them, but meh. Salt & Vinegar McCoys and Pringles ftw, anyway. :D
Cz knows his stuff. :cool: