PDA

View Full Version : MOTHER!!!! *Cries*

The Chocobo Swordsman
06-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Does anyone know were Kadaj gets the new case of Jenova cells from? A scene or two before the one he was carrying was empty. Suddenly, he happens to have a full case of Jenova cells again.

Has this actually been explained, or is it just a plot hole?

Griff
06-17-2006, 10:37 PM
It's ff7, of course it's a plot hole

Summoner
06-18-2006, 12:16 AM
I didn't understand that, either. I think it had something to do with the rain, though. The way he was acting up.....I was thinking that something was in the rain that refilled that case or something. Maybe a remnant of the Jenova Cells or something. Either that or there was still a little left. I'm thinking that maybe Cloud's GeoStigma disappearing, or the rain coming, had something to do with it. This next theory is a long shot, but here goes nothing.

SPOILERS

Maybe, since Mother was Aerith/Aeris, if I understood that correctly, and Kadaj felt such a strong need to please Mother, the rain that she caused made him kind of believe that he was with her. He said to Cloud that he was "with her at last", so that's what I'm guessing. Somewhere during the rain-scene, he became "reunited" with Mother, and believes it so strongly that he, in a way, replaced water that had gotten in the box with the cells. Besides, he's a remnant of Sephiroth. And if Sephiorth can create a Dark LifeStream, maybe Kadaj could create something like Jenova Cells.

G SpOtZ
06-18-2006, 12:41 AM
Kadaj's Magic Show!

Kadaj: *opens box*... empty, yes? Nothing in it, no hidden compartments, and... *chants*... ALAKABOOBIS!

*Crowd stays silent*

Kadaj: Now, I will pull this bunny out of the box! *opens box*... MOM?!?!? Sweet.

The Chocobo Swordsman
06-18-2006, 02:54 AM
Mother is Jenova, not Aerith. Kadaj mistakenly called her mother at the moments before his death, if that is what caused your confusion.

The box was completely intact when Kadaj had the cells, which means he didnt get it refilled, but got a new box entirely. Looks like its just a bad plothole.

Fonzie
06-18-2006, 05:54 AM
Most of it poured out when Rufus shot it, but it was just enough of it to transform him into Sephiroth.

Xurts
06-19-2006, 02:09 AM
Only a little bit poured out when Rufus shot it. Most of it was still in there. He didn't get a new box either. You just can't see inside the box because it's dark inside, and there is only that little hole so not much light is going to be able to get inside. Also, Sephiroth cannot create a dark Lifestream. At the beginning of the fight with Cloud, he summoned the negative Spirit Energy/Lifestream that resulted when people died from Geostigma.

No, Kadaj cannot create more Jenova cells. That's ridiculous.

Big D
07-06-2006, 06:57 AM
Only a little of that green liquid spilled out after Rufus shot the box. Kadaj was distraught and though that the contents had been damaged beyond use, but clearly he was wrong. It's the same box later, with the same slightly-mangled head of Jenova's corpse, sans a few drops of blood.
Seriously, people will try to find a "plot hole" in anything in this film; it's like they're on a desperate quest to further justify their dislike of it.

Swifthom
07-06-2006, 11:54 PM
I thought he was crying in realisation... I mean, he knew before but the reality hit him that mother, Jenova, didnt CARE abotu him.
Mother ONLY wanted Sephiroth, only cared about Sephiroth and he was useless. he cried as he accepted his fate, to become someone else and be forgotten.

Big D
07-07-2006, 01:23 AM
Hmm, that explains it quite thoroughly. It also explains why he's pulled himself together by the time he and Cloud meet again on the upper plate: he's accepted that the Reunion's going to take place, which he had always wanted, but that he'll end up doing whatever Jenova wants of him. Like a puppet, as he says for the first time in this scene.

Xurts
07-07-2006, 08:20 AM
In AC Jenova is DEAD. It was killed by Avalanche in the Northern Crater 2 years ago. So in AC Jenova had no will, it didn't have control over anything, etc. All that was left of it was its cells.

Sephiroth acts as the new Jenova in AC. He has control over Jenova's cells. Kadaj is wrong when he thinks Jenova chose Sephiroth over him. Since Kadaj didn't exist back when Jenova was actually alive, Jenova had no way of choosing Sephiroth over something it didn't know would come into existance.

Kadaj freaks out like that because he sees all that is left of "Mother". All there is is a bunch of green goo that used to be Jenova's head. His reaction was perfectly understandable.

YasuKaida
07-07-2006, 08:26 AM
In AC Jenova is DEAD. It was killed by Avalanche in the Northern Crater 2 years ago. So in AC Jenova had no will, it didn't have control over anything, etc. All that was left of it was its cells.

Sephiroth acts as the new Jenova in AC. He has control over Jenova's cells. Kadaj is wrong when he thinks Jenova chose Sephiroth over him. Since Kadaj didn't exist back when Jenova was actually alive, Jenova had no way of choosing Sephiroth over something it didn't know would come into existance.

Kadaj freaks out like that because he sees all that is left of "Mother". All there is is a bunch of green goo that used to be Jenova's head. His reaction was perfectly understandable.
how do you know it was just goo??

Xurts
07-07-2006, 08:38 AM
Jenova's entire head would not fit into that small box. It had to have been pretty battered, and the whole head probably was not in there. Just a chunk of it.

Although now that I think about it, when Kadaj absorbed Jenova's remains in AC it looked like he was actually holding on to something before he shoved it into his chest. There probably was a pretty good chunk of its head still intact then. Big enough for Kadaj to hold and small enough to fit in the box anyway. The rest was probably liquid.

boys from the dwarf
07-22-2006, 08:24 AM
ill have to watch that scene again because im pretty sure the head is 100% liquid.

Big D
07-22-2006, 11:54 AM
At the risk of stating the obvious, heads aren't made of liquid:p
Even Jenova has a physical head.
*Some* liquid leaked from the container after Rufus shot it, but nothing suggests its entire contents was lost. Later, after Kadaj severs the top of the container over Cloud's sword, some more of that green fluid sprays out, but he's left clutching an object of some kind, just as Xurts said.
There must've been some kind of significant amount of Jenova's head left - after all, the Turks found it at the Northern Cave. They'd hardly have known they'd found Jenova's remains if there was just a pool of green goo; there were plenty of those in the crater to begin with.

boys from the dwarf
07-22-2006, 01:06 PM
by liquid i meant the head was pretty much liquidated (or whatever the word is.) its either a chunk of the head and when rufus shot it it began to bleed (or there was already some blood and that began to leak.) or the head was turned 100% liquid and there was still some left even though it leaked. ill watch that scene closely to see what happens later.

ChibiKadaj
07-28-2006, 04:54 AM
I didn't understand that, either. I think it had something to do with the rain, though. The way he was acting up.....I was thinking that something was in the rain that refilled that case or something. Maybe a remnant of the Jenova Cells or something. Either that or there was still a little left. I'm thinking that maybe Cloud's GeoStigma disappearing, or the rain coming, had something to do with it. This next theory is a long shot, but here goes nothing.

SPOILERS

Maybe, since Mother was Aerith/Aeris, if I understood that correctly, and Kadaj felt such a strong need to please Mother, the rain that she caused made him kind of believe that he was with her. He said to Cloud that he was "with her at last", so that's what I'm guessing. Somewhere during the rain-scene, he became "reunited" with Mother, and believes it so strongly that he, in a way, replaced water that had gotten in the box with the cells. Besides, he's a remnant of Sephiroth. And if Sephiorth can create a Dark LifeStream, maybe Kadaj could create something like Jenova Cells.

Whoa I seriously didn't know that. I was so confused your good ^_^