PDA

View Full Version : Grr.

Dixie
06-18-2006, 12:30 AM
Prank phone calls are evil! I got one just now. Well, actually, it was a message. I have no clue who they were(I think it was more than one person) or how they got my number, but they said "This message is for Leah!" and they were screaming and yelling, I'm guessing that they were trying to imitate monkeys. It was really weird. I'm not calling them back unless they call back. So, have you ever gotten a prank phone call before?

Craig
06-18-2006, 12:32 AM
Some friends tried to prank me with a Samuel L. Jackson soundboard once. I laughed and hung up as soon as I heard "This is a tasty burger!"

G SpOtZ
06-18-2006, 12:33 AM
I even busted a prank phone call once, right before it started. It felt very nice because they all felt stupid lol. Turned out to be some friends though, so no biggie.

I've gotten a few prank phone calls, and I've even made a few myself. Good times.

Rye
06-18-2006, 12:36 AM
I pranked my uncle with a Napoleon Dynamite soundboard once when he was really really drunk. xD

Zeldy
06-18-2006, 12:36 AM
No, I havnt ^_^
I have had those people advertising things calling back constantly.

"HALLO, MAY I SPEK 2 MR ___??? HE NO IN? OK - I CALL LATER"

Captain Maxx Power
06-18-2006, 12:37 AM
Usually if I know I'm getting pranked I prank them back. For example when my friends were pranking me, I put on an irate Cockney accent and started raving about how I was going to trace the call and come to kill them. The next day they were noticeably freaked out. I love being evil.

Zell's Fists of Fury
06-18-2006, 12:58 AM
When I worked for a pizza shop we'd get prank phone calls all the time, and when I answered the phone I usually caught on pretty quick.
"Thank you for calling Rosati's on Power how can I help you?"
"Do you have PENIS there???? gigglegigglelol"
"...Yes. Would you like that medium, large or extra large?"
"...uh........... *hangup*"
:)

KentaRawr!
06-18-2006, 01:08 AM
Lots of people used to hang up on me right when I picked up my phone when I was living at my deceased grandmother's house. I really wanted to tell one of them the following:

"Your prank phone call has failed due to life failure of the person you tried to prank phone call. Please call back later."

True, it's not witty, but I wanted to anyway. ;)

G SpOtZ
06-18-2006, 01:10 AM
Prankster: "Is your refrigerator running?"
You: "It's doing okay. Do you have vaginal discharge? *hang up*"

That'll shut em up.

Rye
06-18-2006, 01:11 AM
When I worked for a pizza shop we'd get prank phone calls all the time, and when I answered the phone I usually caught on pretty quick.

xD Did you ever know that you're my hero?

kidney / theif
06-18-2006, 01:19 AM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Roto13
06-18-2006, 03:57 AM
I got a prank AIM message a while ago. Someone sent a bot to talk to me. Annoying. :rolleyes2

xD Did you ever know that you're my hero?

*is betrayed*

Psychotic
06-18-2006, 03:59 AM
I got a prank AIM message a while ago. Someone sent a bot to talk to me. Annoying. :rolleyes2 Well you didn't have to tell it to fuck off, roto. That was just plain cruel.

Roto13
06-18-2006, 04:03 AM
I got a prank AIM message a while ago. Someone sent a bot to talk to me. Annoying. :rolleyes2 Well you didn't have to tell it to smurf off, roto. That was just plain cruel.
>_> Was that you? Or do you just get me?

Psychotic
06-18-2006, 04:58 AM
It was not me.

The best prank calls are the ones where they hang up a second after you answer. Very witty.

Fonzie
06-18-2006, 05:48 AM
I mess with telemarketers.

Them" Yes we would like to____".
Me" Ok let me get out off the bathroom*makes grunting noises*
Them" Er....we are wondering if you'd like to buy___".
Me ," Come again..."?
Them ," Would you like to buy our pro..."?
Me," I'm like so wasted....got any beer"?
Them," Goodbye sir". *hangsup*

2min. later

Me," Hey why'd you hang up on me"?
Them," Sir who are you"?
Me," GOD"!!!
Them," Please take us off your list".
Me,"Sure thing".

Sylvie
06-18-2006, 06:26 AM
I like to mess with telemarketers as well.

ME: *feminine voice* HELOO?
THEM: Hello is ----- there?
ME: Yeah...
THEM: *long pause* ...may I talk to them?
ME: Quickly, get all booster power!!
THEM: Sir?
ME: Booster OK !!
THEM: ...Uh, again, is ---- there?
ME: Alright!!
THEM: MAY I TALK TO HIM?
ME: First you need to get all the letters!
THEM: ...please, sir, may I talk to --
ME: HAHAHA YOU JUST ARE SERVED! ! !
THEM: Goodbye. (hung up)

Meanwhile I'm laughing. Its nice having them hang up instead of me.

Roto13
06-18-2006, 06:49 AM
It was Kentarou! >_>

G SpOtZ
06-18-2006, 07:00 AM
Telemarketers are funneh.

*TM = Telemarketer*

Me (In little girl voice, the whole time): ... Hewuuu?
TM: Hi, is your mommy or daddy there?
Me: Yuh huh.
TM: Can I talk to them?
Me: My daddy's name is Butch, but for some reason, all the ladies that stop by our house call him big boy.
TM:... Can I please talk to your mother?
Me: She's on a street corner.
TM:.....

TM: Hello, we're selling _______
Me: I'LL TAKE EM!
TM: Really?
Me: Well, tell me more about them.
TM: Well..(goes into a rant, explaining the thing, then in the middle of the explanation, interrupt them)
Me: WAIT!
TM: Yes?
Me: What's your name?
TM: (Usually says name. Let's assume, Fred.)
Me: Well, Fred. Freddy Fred Fred. Fred is on a bed. Fred is on my head. Fred ate lead.
TM: Excuse me--
Me: YOU SHUT YOUR FACE WHEN YOU TALK TO ME! Now Fred, I'm selling (state what he was selling before). Let me tell you a bit about them. (rant until he hangs up).

Peter_20
06-18-2006, 02:51 PM
Me and some friends used to prank call people all the time a few years ago; one time we called this phone number information place (what the hell do you call it in English? :p) and asked for the number to the phone number information place. :rolleyes2
They just went: "ahem, this is just a prank, right?" and we went: "...yes!" :D

...in other words...

"ähum, det här är bara ett skämt, eller hur?"
"..ja!" :cool:

crono_logical
06-18-2006, 03:02 PM
My phone line's plugged into my modem now, so anyone that calls on it now (usually marketers) gets nice modem sounds to listen :p

~SapphireStar~
06-18-2006, 06:02 PM
I havent had a prank call in years. The last one was when I was living with my grandparents and the guy started asking me horrid rude questions, it really shook me up. He called back and my grandma used some very nice language back at him and said she could trace the call ... He never rung back :D

Loony BoB
06-19-2006, 12:49 PM
I got prank called by crono_logical (cl_out) and that in itself is totally awesome.

EDIT: Oh, and I like prank calls, so long as they're entertaining and I'm not busy. It's great to play along with them. So long as they try to make it original, anyway. I think the next time I get one of the classic 'heavy breather' or some other boring prank, I'm just going to put the phone down next to my speakers and play <i>Bowling, Shane</i> at full blast. Or maybe some of Ben Bailey's standup comedy which I have an mp3 of... that's good stuff. I mean, at least it'll entertain them, too!

Chris
06-19-2006, 01:37 PM
I rarely get prank calls, so I don't really mind them. I have my own phone line, and I have Caller ID, so I always have a way of getting back at them. >O

Jess
06-19-2006, 01:53 PM
I only ever get pranked by my friends. I just play along. I find it amusing as long as I'm not busy/asleep when they call. :)