PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Game Characters

Master Quan
06-18-2006, 11:49 PM
Fairly simple, who do you play as? (Key: As the colour slowly reaches red, my skill with that character decreases, also in brackets there is a number/letter to represent whether that character is played in a particular version of the game)

Tekken

Jin Kazama
Kazuya Mishima (4,T)
Heihachi Mishima (4)
Devil Jin

Soul Calibur

Heishiro Mitsurugi
Raphael Sorel (3)

Smash Bros.

Dr. Mario (M)
Capt. Falcon (M)

Marvel vs. Capcom

Magneto (A) - Storm (A) - Sentinel (A) (2)
Cable (A) - Iron Man (A) - War Machine (A) (2)

Capcom vs. SNK

Ken Masters - Rolento Schugerg - Kim Kaphwan (2)

SNK vs. Capcom: Chaos

Mr. Karate
Dimitri

Guilty Gear

Potemkin (#)
Sol Badguy (#)
Faust (#)

Street Fighter

Dudley (3S)
Ken Masters (3s)
Makoto (3S)

Dead or Alive

Nicole (4)

Carmilla
06-18-2006, 11:56 PM
Street Fighter 2

Ken
Guile
Blanka

Final Fight

Guy

Thats about the sum of all my fighting games. :p

Master Quan
06-18-2006, 11:58 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. I must research this "Final Fight".

edit: Oh.

Roto13
06-19-2006, 12:17 AM
Soul Calibur 1

Mitsurugi
Xiangua

Soul Calibur 2

Mitsurugi
Taki

Soul Calibur 3

Mitsurugi
Setsuka
Taki

Super Smash Bros.

Pikachu
Samus

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Marth
Captain Falcon
Shiek

Street Fighter

Zangief
Chun Li

Laguna
06-19-2006, 12:29 AM
Soul Calibur II and III:
Anyone really. Except Astaroth, and Necrid. For the most part they are all freaking great. If I had to narrow it down: Mitsurugi, Raphael, Killik, Talim and Maxi

Tekken:
Lee, and Lee alone.

SSBM:
Link, Young Link, Marth, Sheik

Street Fighter:
Ryu

Mortal Kombat: (2d only please- the 3d ones only bring sad memories ¬.¬)
Liu Kang, Sub-zero (gotta <3 cheesy freezing moves!)

Guilty Gear (wow, my thumbs hurt just remembering it!)
Chipp, Ky, Sol

Sylvie
06-19-2006, 12:50 AM
Street Fighter:

...Akuma.

Vermachtnis
06-19-2006, 01:31 AM
Soul Calibur 2:
Talim
Cassandra

Soul Calibur 3:
Xaingua
Cassandra
Talim

Mortal Kombat:
Sub-Zero

Marvel vs. Capcom:
Megaman
Spiderman
ServBot

Mo-Nercy
06-19-2006, 01:57 AM
Soul Calibur 2:

Cassandra Alexandra
Isabella "Ivy" Valentine
Nightmare
Raphael Sorel
Talim
Cervantes

Soul Calibur 3:

Cassandra Alexandra
Siegfried

Tekken 5:

Lee Chaolan
Asuka Kazama
Ling Xiaoyu
Bruce Irvin

DK
06-19-2006, 02:07 AM
Tekken:

Main Characters are...

Steve Fox
Asuka Kazama
Paul Phoenix
Kuma
Wang
Heihachi Mishima

However, i'm pretty much adept with everyone. The characters I least like using are Tekken 4+5 Jin and Craig Marduk.

Street Fighter:

Ken
Ryu
Dan
Fei Long

Guilty Gear:

Jam Kuradoberi
Ky Kiske
Chipp Zanuff
Dizzy

Lawr
06-19-2006, 02:24 AM
Super Smash Brothers Melee

MarthGanandorfRoy
Samus
Sheik
Mewtwo

Capcom Vs. SNK 2

Ken
Ryu
Sagat
Ryo
DragonBall Z:Budokai Tenkaichi

Ultimate Gohan
Super Vegito
Super Gogeta
Bardock
Gogeta
Bojack
Dabura

Super Street Fighter Alpha 3

Ken
ShinAkuma
Akuma

Edit-
Soul Calibur 1,2,3

[2-3]Necrid
[3]Solid Snake
[1-2-3]Nightmare
[1-2]Siegfried
[1-2-3]Mitsurugi
[1-2-3]Killik
[1-2-3]Sophitia

DeathKnight
06-19-2006, 02:52 AM
Street Fighter:

M.Bison
Chun-Li
Blanka

Roto13
06-19-2006, 03:23 AM
Edit-
Soul Calibur 1,2,3

[2-3]Necrid
[3]Solid Snake
[1-2-3]Nightmare
[1-2]Siegfried
[1-2-3]Mitsurugi
[1-2-3]Killik
[1-2-3]Sophitia
What?

Alixsar
06-19-2006, 03:38 AM
Let's see here:

King of Fighters:
Kim Kaphwan
Terry Bogard
Shingo Yabuki
Billy Kane (2002/2003)
Benimaru Nikaido
Iori Yagami
Kyo Kusanagi

Soul Calibur II:
Nightmare
Cassandra

Soul Calibur III (my favorite fighting game):
Siegfried Schtauffen
Raphael Sorel
Lizardman

I have a hard time picking a character in SCIII because when it first came out, I represented on Siegfried. After all, Nightmare was my jam back in SCII, and Siegfried sort of fit. The problem is that in the months since then, my SCIII game as a whole has gotten much better, but my Siegfried has hit a wall. I picked up Raphael, and I play much better as him. I still like Siegfried more though, so I'm currently trying to get bring my skill level with Siegfried up to par with Raphael. I also don't like what they did to Cassandra, at all. They made Lizardman really fun, however.

Guilty Gear X/XX/XX#R/XXS:
Ky Kiske
Chipp Zanuff
Testament
Eddie

Street Fighter:
Street Fighter, I feel, is one of the worst fighting game franchises around. I realize how much it's contributed to fighting games as a whole, but the games just aren't fun to me. And the character designs just don't appeal to me. There's no one character in SF who I've ever looked at and wanted to get good with. The only SFs I ever even consider playing are Third Strike and Alpha 3, but even those I only consider okay. I used to rock Ken Masters (because he's the only SF character who isn't totally lame), but then I met my friend Mike and he's way better with him. Another friend of mine represents on Akuma, so I took up Ryu in order for the three of us to have some sort of rivalries going on. I like Vega too, but I am horrible with him.

Tekken:
Remember everything I said about Street Fighter? Pretend I said it again, but about Tekken. It's just not fun to play, and none of the characters really click with me. Jin is okay, and I like Lee Chaolan, but not in any sort of legitmate fashion. He's a walking joke, so it's hard to take him seriously. Then again, I legitmately play Shingo and Dong Hwan, so...yeah, whatever.

Super Smash Bros.:
Link
Falco
Fox
Roy

Old Skool Mortal Kombat:
Noob Saibot
Reptile

Capcom vs SNK 2:
Terry Bogard
Rock Howard
Iori Yagami
Ken Masters
Ryu

Garou: Mark of the Wolves (my second favorite fighting game):
Terry Bogard
Kim Dong Hwan
Kim Jae Hoon
Rock Howard

I think that does it...

boys from the dwarf
06-19-2006, 07:53 AM
Tekken 5 and 4.
Brian fury.
Eddy gordo.
hworang.

marvel VS capcom 2.

venom.
spiderman.
blackheart.

super smash brothers (nintendo 64.)

pikachu.

i could think of more but iv dont own many fighting games other than tekken.

starseeker
06-19-2006, 09:08 AM
Tekken 5

Asuka Kazama
Julia Chang

I only own Tekken 5

Lionx
06-19-2006, 12:52 PM
Guilty Gear XX #Reload (Best to worst)

Ky Kiske
Sol Badguy
Jam
Baiken
Bridget

Capcom vs SNK 2 (no particular order, and yes i use all of these)

K - Kyo, Hibiki, Sagat, Geese, Ryu, Yamazaki, Kim, Cammy, Ryo
C - Ken, Guile, Sagat, Ryu, Rolento, Kim, Chun Li(sorta..), Eagle, and Akuma
N - Iori, Hibiki, Kyo, Sagat, Ryu, Kim
misc grooves i sometimes use:

P - Kyo, Cammy, Sagat, Chun-Li(sorta..), Geese, Joe
A - Rolento, Bison, Sakura, Ken, Eagle, and Rock.
S - Terry Ryu Sagat Dx *sucks with S*

Marvel vs Capcom 2

Felicia(i know ><), Captain Commando, Cable

Smash Melee: (best to worst)

Marth
Link
Fox

SNK vs Capcom Chaos

Terry

Mo-Nercy
06-19-2006, 02:34 PM
I also don't like what they did to Cassandra, at all.

Make her uber? She pwns so hard that my l33t speak can barely keep up.

However, i'm pretty much adept with everyone. The characters I least like using are Tekken 4+5 Jin and Craig Marduk.
T4 Jin is unstoppable. But very boring as he's more or less a one trick pony. T5 Jin is all about poking. A lot of variety but still boring if you're more into forcing whiffs and hitting for CH, finishing fights quickly. I dunno anything about T4 Marduk but in T5, the guy is frickin' awesome. The staple VTS mixup between tackle and low is only the beginning of the opponents worries as they have to contend with his db+1+2 launcher which crushes so many moves, it's GG right there. I reckon Marduk's awesome fun to play. I suck with him though.

Roto13
06-19-2006, 02:58 PM

Her and Sophitia are top tier now. If you think that's a bad thing, well, that's kinda dumb.

Mirage
06-19-2006, 03:02 PM
All lists are in order of my skill-level with the characters.

Tekken 5:
Asuka Kazama
Lee Chaolan
Hwoarang

Soul Calibur 2:
Talim
Kilik
Cassandra

Soul Calibur 3:
Kilik
Cassandra
Siegfried

Dead or Alive 2:
Ayane
Jann-Lee
Leifang

Guilty Gear:
Sol Badguy (Though I only have the first game, and I don't play a lot <.<)

Mo-Nercy
06-19-2006, 03:38 PM

Her and Sophitia are top tier now. If you think that's a bad thing, well, that's kinda dumb.
I'm pretty sure that I was saying she rocks. If you're talking to Alixsar, I had assumed he said that he didn't like what they did because people are abusing her now (since his list of characters doesn't include Cassy)

SuperMillionaire
06-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Street Fighter: Ryu or Akuma

boys from the dwarf
06-19-2006, 04:26 PM
in tekken games (tekken 4 and 5 are the only fighting games that i own.) nearly eveyrone is good. eddy/christie is good because of the variable moves that make them hard to block and do loads of damage. hworang is good because of good speed and combos (baek is good too but i like hworang better.). brian though. isnt very good for huge combos but he is extremely powrful and quite fast. he is my best character.

Master Quan
06-19-2006, 05:02 PM

T4 Jin is unstoppable. But very boring as he's more or less a one trick pony. T5 Jin is all about poking. A lot of variety but still boring if you're more into forcing whiffs and hitting for CH, finishing fights quickly. I dunno anything about T4 Marduk but in T5, the guy is frickin' awesome. The staple VTS mixup between tackle and low is only the beginning of the opponents worries as they have to contend with his db+1+2 launcher which crushes so many moves, it's GG right there. I reckon Marduk's awesome fun to play. I suck with him though.

I think you're kind of missing the point. Neither of those quotes had any mention of whether the character was good or not. They were expressing distaste towards a play style. I don't get on with Shiek at all, but she's the best in Melee. See where I'm going with this?

edit: Previous poster, you couldn't be more wrong.

Alixsar
06-19-2006, 08:53 PM

I think you're kind of missing the point. Neither of those quotes had any mention of whether the character was good or not. They were expressing distaste towards a play style. I don't get on with Shiek at all, but she's the best in Melee. See where I'm going with this?

edit: Previous poster, you couldn't be more wrong.

...yeah, you know what he said? It's true. I realize that Cassandra is good, I just don't have fun playing with her anymore. I don't like the feel of it. The only character even close to her that I like playing as is Lizardman, and I think the only reason why I like him so much is because he can literally bite people's faces off.

Master Quan
06-19-2006, 09:07 PM
...yeah, you know what he said? It's true. I realize that Cassandra is good, I just don't have fun playing with her anymore. I don't like the feel of it. The only character even close to her that I like playing as is Lizardman, and I think the only reason why I like him so much is because he can literally bite people's faces off.

Wait, am I right, or is he? Because it could be interpreted both ways.

Griff
06-19-2006, 09:09 PM
tekken:Hwoarang
mortal kombat: Sub Zero
soul calibur: Maxi
dead or alive: bass
(marvel vs) capcom (vs. SNK): morrigan
smash bros: link
digimon rumble arena: renemon

Master Quan
06-19-2006, 09:11 PM
Ah, thanks for that dude, I'd completely forgotten DOA.

Alixsar
06-19-2006, 09:17 PM
Ah, thanks for that dude, I'd completely forgotten DOA.

So did I. Everyone knows that Bayman is the best. I play a mean Elliot in DoA4, as well. Although I utterly refuse to play him in his default costume.

Dreddz
06-19-2006, 09:30 PM
Street Fighter - Akuma, Vega, Guile.

Guilty Gear - Sol, Venom, Justice.

Virtua Fighter - Akira, Kage, Pai.

Tekken - Kazuya, Law, Lei Wulong.

Soul Caliber - Cassandra, Sophitia, Voldo.

King Of Fighters - Kim, Kyo, Athena.

Samurai Showdown - Genjuro, Hanzo, Kyoshiro.

Darkstalkers - Demitri, Gallon, Baby Bonnie Hood.

Rival Schools - Kyosuke, Natsu, Edge.

Art Of Fighting - Ryo, Lenny, Wyler.

Marvel Vs Capcom - Sabretooth, Gambit, Marrow.

Mo-Nercy
06-19-2006, 09:54 PM
hworang is good because of good speed and combos (baek is good too but i like hworang better.). brian though. isnt very good for huge combos but he is extremely powrful and quite fast. he is my best character.
Hwoarang isn't fast at all. He plays a freestyle confusion kind of game. Sure the guy never has two feet on the floor, but if you look at a pro Hwoarang, you'll notice the timing between attacks is in fact quite slow...although very tricky and annoying. :mad2:

Wait, am I right, or is he? Because it could be interpreted both ways.
For the record, I was just talking for the sake of showing off my knowledge (see I've just done it again up there ^) xD. I wasn't criticising anyone for not using a specific character or anything.

Earlier I had said that Marduk is awesome T5 but that I sucked with him. So it's the same thing really. I just don't click with that guy but if forced to play him, I would know how. Although Alixsar never said he sucked with Cassandra, just that he didn't like her.

Besides, it's retarded to go by tiers these days. Especially in Namco games where the characters are (to an extent) pretty balanced and low tiers and can own the top tiers with an adequate amount of skill, love and dedication.

Roto13
06-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Edit-
Soul Calibur 1,2,3

[2-3]Necrid
[3]Solid Snake
[1-2-3]Nightmare
[1-2]Siegfried
[1-2-3]Mitsurugi
[1-2-3]Killik
[1-2-3]Sophitia
What?
I still want to know what's going on here.

Lawr
06-20-2006, 02:41 AM
Edit-
Soul Calibur 1,2,3

[2-3]Necrid
[3]Solid Snake
[1-2-3]Nightmare
[1-2]Siegfried
[1-2-3]Mitsurugi
[1-2-3]Killik
[1-2-3]Sophitia
What?

Solid Snake-You have to make him

Roto13
06-20-2006, 03:35 AM
Edit-
Soul Calibur 1,2,3

[2-3]Necrid
[3]Solid Snake
[1-2-3]Nightmare
[1-2]Siegfried
[1-2-3]Mitsurugi
[1-2-3]Killik
[1-2-3]Sophitia
What?

Solid Snake-You have to make him

Oh, a custom character. What about Necrid in 3 and Siegfried in 2?

Mirage
06-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Necrid is in the X-box version, and Siegfried is Nightmare.
O wait, Necrid in 3? I have no idea...

Roto13
06-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Necrid wasn't in 3, Sigfried wasn't in 2.

Acid Raine
06-20-2006, 07:32 PM
Lessee...how many do I have? Most of them are MK. What can I say? I love the blood!

"Mortal Kombat: Deception"
- Mileena
- Dairou
- Sindel

"Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance"
- Frost
- Kano
- Mokap (go figure!)

"Soul Calibur III"
- Yeong-Seung
- Kilik
- Tira

"Soul Calibur II"
- Ivy
- Seung Mina
- Xianghua

"Mortal Kombat Trilogy (PSX)
- Goro
- Shao Kahn
- Kintaro

"Super Smash Brothers"
- Link
- Samus
- Mario

"Super Smash Brothers: Melee"
- Zelda/Shiek (equal with both)
- Link
- Samus

"Mortal Kombat I"
- Liu Kang
- Raiden
- Johnny Cage

"Tekken (whole)"
- Jin (DUUUUURRR)
- Lee
- Nina

JKTrix
06-20-2006, 08:01 PM
In most games I would play as pretty much any character, but for these few games I do have a preference:

Street Fighter 3: Makoto

Soul Calibur 2+: Raphael, Setsuka

King of Fighters: Rock Howard when available, K' (my avatar/sig pic)

CvsSNK2: Rock Howard, Ibuki, Sakura

Dead or Alive: Hitomi, Hayabusa

Smash Bros: Marth, Link (both characters always in white costume)

Mortal Kombat: Sub Zero (cuz he's blue. Don't like the games much otherwise)

Guilty Gear: Venom, Ky Kiske

Bloody Roar: Long

Tekken: Raven

Lawr
06-21-2006, 12:34 AM
Idk if Siegfried was in 2 or 1 or 3. Well I'm good with him. Necrid? that was probably a typo. He's in 2 and 1. Am I right?

Roto13
06-21-2006, 12:50 AM
No, actually, you're still wrong. :p

Siegfried was in 1 and 3, Necrid was only in 2. (Oh, and Mirage? Necrid was in all versions of SC 2.)

Acid Raine
06-21-2006, 05:07 AM

Siegfried was in 1 and 3, Necrid was only in 2. (Oh, and Mirage? Necrid was in all versions of SC 2.)
Well, if you want to be nitpicky, Siegfried could be considered to make a cameo in 2. Nightmare's 3rd costume is 100% human, so you could consider it Siegfried. Im jus sayin.

Alixsar
06-21-2006, 11:41 AM

Well, if you want to be nitpicky, Siegfried could be considered to make a cameo in 2. Nightmare's 3rd costume is 100% human, so you could consider it Siegfried. Im jus sayin.

And if you want to get super nitpickey, Siegfried was in Soul Edge/Blade. He was unlockable in Soul Calibur, was a costume for Nightmare in Soul Calibur 2, and was a full blown character in Soul Calibur 3.

And the less said about Necrid the better.

Craig
06-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Super Smash Bros. Melee

Young Link

Breine
06-22-2006, 11:53 AM
Tekken series:

I'm a complete badass when using Nina and she has also been my favourite character since the first Tekken game came out back in the days. Other characters I frequently use are Anna, Julia, Lee, Lei, Xiaoyu, Yoshimitsu, Kazuya, Asuka etc. I'm generally good with all of the Tekken characters except for Feng and Steve Fox.

Soul Calibur series:

I'm also generally good with most of the characters in the Soul Calibur games, but the characters I use the most are: Taki, Ivy, Kilik, Seung Mi-Na, Cassandra, Mitsorugi etc.

Dead or Alive series:

My favourite is without a doubt Helena followed by Kasumi, Ein, and Lei Fang.

Jessweeee♪
06-23-2006, 04:17 AM
lets see...
Mortal Kombat:
Ermac and Subzero for their really cheesy attacks
Sindel

Tekken:
Mokujin (when he's someone i don't use it's easier to do it as mokujin rather than picking the character manually)
Nina--I can kick anyone's ass with Nina on tekken 3. Not as well on the others though
Anna
Asuka
Xiaoyu
Law
Paul
Kuma (I love customizing him on 5, you can do all sorts of neat things)
Heihachi
Gon (gon with the wind!!)
Rodger
and I can't remember his name but there was this doctor dude in tekken 3 that I liked.

SSBM:
Kirby
Dr. Mario

Master Quan
06-23-2006, 11:00 PM
Dr. Boskonovitch?

Mo-Nercy
06-24-2006, 04:31 PM
I love using Charade in SC2 as well. I can use everyone to a decent level (my Maxi, Yoshimitsu, Yunsung and Mitsurugi are more reliant on spacing and smart defense as opposed to actually knowing how to use them xD).

Mokujin in Tekken? It would help if I could tell who the hell he was impersonating every time xD.

DK
06-24-2006, 06:05 PM
Mokujin is a badass in Tekken. The only times I have problems is because there are a few times when the basic stances screw things up, like Kazuya's and someone elses being very similar. Although once I beat Xiayou in a 5 second perfect without knowing who I was. I didn't figure who it was until the last hit, and by then she was dead. (It turned out to be Paul. That was before I tried to learn to use him, too.)

Edit: Wait, it wasn't Mokujin, it was Combot, but y'know. Same thing.

Alixsar
06-25-2006, 09:49 PM
Mokujin is a badass in Tekken. The only times I have problems is because there are a few times when the basic stances screw things up, like Kazuya's and someone elses being very similar. Although once I beat Xiayou in a 5 second perfect without knowing who I was. I didn't figure who it was until the last hit, and by then she was dead. (It turned out to be Paul. That was before I tried to learn to use him, too.)

Edit: Wait, it wasn't Mokujin, it was Combot, but y'know. Same thing.

You can talk about your Charade and your Combot and your Mokujin and your Mokujin Wife, but everyone knows that the best "Every Character in One" character is Olcadan. Have you seen this guy? He has an owl for a head.

AN OWL.

Mokujin is pretty cool, but he can't stand up to a guy with an owl head.

Levian
06-26-2006, 01:48 AM
Tekken series:

Favorites:
Paul
Kazuya
Jun
Yoshimitsu

Honourable mentions:
Michelle
Nina
P. Jack/Gun Jack
Lee
Armor King

Roto13
06-26-2006, 02:05 AM
everyone knows that the best "Every Character in One" character is Olcadan. Have you seen this guy? He has an owl for a head.

AN OWL.

http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/4681/orlydacan22hx.jpg

Griff
06-26-2006, 12:14 PM
...or a woodpecker head
....or even a beaver head

drunkymonkey
06-26-2006, 07:32 PM
Gon was the best god damn fighting character ever.

Project G
06-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Soul Calibur 2

Nightmare
Raphael
Cervantes
Necrid
Killik
Mitsirugi

Soul Calibur 3

Nightmare
Seigfreid
Killik
Cervantes
Mitsirugi

Jessweeee♪
06-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Gon was the best god damn fighting character ever.

I used to try farting on the ball when i played Tekken Ball XD