PDA

View Full Version : im knew with chrono cross. TIPS?

telims
06-19-2006, 04:47 AM
Hey, I'm new to this site and just wanted to say, "hey.."
I've just started playing Chrono Cross and I have no idea how I missed playing it when it first came out but yeah. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for me because Im just starting out on it? Thanks.

DoaJ
06-19-2006, 05:00 AM
Get as many characters as you can, and try not to get rid of elemenys...ever. And welcome to the forums.

Black Magician
07-14-2006, 12:57 AM
alright, heres how it goes... anytime u need help, with whatever it is, just ask me cool!?
(i beat it 3-4 times...so..yeah...)

Reeno the Alchemist
08-02-2006, 01:04 AM
get all the characters and get the ultimate weapons and summons you ever need help you pm me ive beaton that game 25 times i am the master~~~~~~i know what to do why to do it and when to do it ^^ and welcome to the forums!!!!~~~~

silentenigma
08-06-2006, 05:46 AM
they're all WRONG. THIS is the way to do it:

1. once you start this game, PLAY NO OTHER VIDEOGAMES ALONG WITH IT.
2. don't bother trying to get as many characters as you can: you won't use them anyway.
3. only upgrade equipment when you get stuck on a boss; it will get you unstuck.
4. get lots of restoration and curing elements, they help out a lot.
5. try to play the game at least once a day; each day try to recount everything that has happened so far.
6. MOST IMPORANTLY, REMEMBER THIS: If you spend all your time trying to "get the ultimate weapons" or "get all the characters" or "get all the summons and extra crap" on your first playthrough, you will most definately forget a great amount of the storyline in the process.

I listed all of those tips because of one reason: between major events in the storyline, you will do hours of item-fetching and errand-running. This makes it very easy to forget what all has happened before, and even what your main character's motive is. Therefore you should try to beat the game in the shortest amount of time possible, so that you can remember the events earlier on that have an impact later in the game.

Then after you've beaten the game (by the way use a guide for the last battle or you will get NO ENDING) you can go though the game again and attempt to get everything.

Amundusias
08-06-2006, 10:39 PM
If you are stuck on anything feel free to ask me^^.

There is a time where you need to save Kid. DON'T save her as she will recover anyways and you get an asome character, Glenn, who can wield two weapons)

The best party for most of the game is Serge, Leah and Fargo(for me at least)

Chibi Youkai
08-08-2006, 01:08 AM
remeber that you always need to train, because after getting a level, you get all those stat bonuses for fighting. And enjoy, it's a great game. You have to play it more than just once to get everything.

edczxcvbnm
08-08-2006, 05:24 AM
remeber that you always need to train, because after getting a level, you get all those stat bonuses for fighting. And enjoy, it's a great game. You have to play it more than just once to get everything.

WRONG! For every minor stat bonus you gain it subtracts that from the stats you gain when you gain a level. You can never over level and never gain more than the game allows you to gain. This is why Serge will always have 850 HP at star level 99 and that you will never be able to increase it.

I took a guess at Serge's HP. It has been a few years since I last played the game.

telims
10-08-2006, 04:15 AM
thanks you guys. Glad to know you guys are here for great help. Sry i havent been on in a while.
Im on the 2nd disc.

yuno
10-09-2006, 09:33 AM
i would suggest a 1-1-2-3 attack pattern or do a 1-2-3-def/elem attack pattern.the latter is very useful for boss battles.

Carl the Llama
10-16-2006, 12:31 PM
I just completed the game for the first time today (yay me) but I didnt read any guide so i didnt get any ending >.<

Weimar Pluto Knight VII
10-18-2006, 08:06 AM
Look for an item called a Chrono Cross and equip on Serge and see what happens when you use magic. Also, there's a hallway in the final dungeon that has a repeated sound motif in it (music stops). Good luck getting the ending with these hints.

EDIT: oh one more tip. One the first playthrough, don't worry about the pacing; do whatever you want. At the end you get a newgame+ and also a continue+, so keep some saves handy for that so you don't have to replay everything if you want to get all characters. Although, it's good to do a newgame+ at least once to see the story unfold pretty quickly. Oh, and here's another tip. If you don't have Leah now, you missed her near the beginning of the game. Reject Kid at the beginning until she leaves; don't worry, she comes back.