Hayabusa
06-19-2006, 05:04 AM
I liked 2 a whole lot.

runouni k master
06-19-2006, 05:12 AM
i like that one to the games with leon in them are the best

Yuffie514
06-19-2006, 06:50 AM
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. i always wanted to go back to the Racoon City Police Station for some reason. it was such a maze everytime i tried to find my way back there...

Dreddz
06-19-2006, 09:47 AM
I liked RE2 the best, RE4 wasnt my thing, Im a RE traditionalist.

Slade
06-19-2006, 11:31 AM
I prefer the older Resident Evil's. I own RE1, 2, 3 and Code Veronica and love them all almost as much as Final Fantasy. My favorite would be Resident Evil 2 :)

~SapphireStar~
06-19-2006, 11:37 AM
ANY ONE LOVE RESIDENT EVIL
Show me a person who doesnt? RE is the horror game sex! The series is beyond awesome, although I didnt like 4, but I loved the others. The first RE with the actors is great :D

Laguna
06-19-2006, 11:40 AM
Show me a person who doesnt? RE is the horror game sex! The series is beyond awesome, although I didnt like 4, but I loved the others. The first RE with the actors is great :D

So very true.

"JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPH!"

So many hours laughing at that line alone XD My life would be a much worse place without Resident Evil :D

Personally, I enjoyed Resident Evil 4. But I'm such a sellout. I'll buy any game they put the words "Resident Evil" on ._. I think I might be addicted.

Slade
06-19-2006, 11:48 AM

So very true.

"JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSPPPPPPPPPPPPH!"

So many hours laughing at that line alone XD My life would be a much worse place without Resident Evil :D

:jess:
My favorite line from the opening scene is 'NOOOO!!! DON'T....GOOOOO!!!!!'

And I always had a soft spot for 'Hope this is not....CHRIS's blood!' and 'You were almost a Jill Sandwich' :jess:

Makes me want to play the first RE again......

~SapphireStar~
06-19-2006, 11:51 AM
'Hope this is not....CHRIS's blood!'
Chuckle and the Joseph line is class! The first RE had the best and corniest lines. Ive got the GC remake, may play it later. I had all of them, but for some stupid reason I sold them :(

Laguna
06-19-2006, 11:54 AM
Can't forget "Oh my g-hod!" Nice time to cough Barry.

The GC remake is funny for other reasons. Wesker used to speak too slowly, in the GC he talks at about a million words a second. Never ceases to make me laugh, he sounds hyper.

Slade
06-19-2006, 11:55 AM
'Hope this is not....CHRIS's blood!'
Chuckle and the Joseph line is class! The first RE had the best and corniest lines. Ive got the GC remake, may play it later. I had all of them, but for some stupid reason I sold them :(
I've never played then GC remake....it looks really good but I can't be stuffed getting a Gamecube for just that. Then again, Resident Evil 0 is on Gamecube isn't it?

~SapphireStar~
06-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Indeed it is. BILLY!!!!! RE knows how to make hunky male characters :D

Laguna
06-19-2006, 11:58 AM
Resident Evil 0 was fun. My only real problem with it was it felt a bit slow. I know its done to compensate for the fact there are two characters but playing resi 4 then resi 0 makes it feel like you're moving in a high gravity area -.-

Slade
06-19-2006, 12:06 PM
Isn't it Resident Evil 0 that you play the characters simaltaneously? Like, some sort of switching mode or something?

Laguna
06-19-2006, 12:13 PM
Yup, Billy and Rebecca. The AI controls one and you control the other. Can jump between the two at any point. Not a bad game at all. Quite good fun actually.

Slade
06-19-2006, 12:16 PM
I've always wanted to play that one but as I said before I don't see the point in getting a console for one game......but in saying that, I got my PS2 basically for FFX. Heh :greenie:

Laguna
06-19-2006, 12:18 PM
Well given how cheap preowned gamecubes are, it wouldnt be that much of a stretch. And you could play the remake as well, so at least you'd have two games! :D

Slade
06-19-2006, 12:22 PM
I guess so. Hey, how good is Resident Evil 4? Alot of reviews I've read hail it to be one of the greatest, if not 'the best', Resident Evil title. I'm not really too excited by it as it completely strays from what Resident Evil is about, Zombies mainly and lack of the T & G Virus'. So is it really that good?

Shaun
06-19-2006, 12:26 PM
I LOVE RESIDENT EVIL LOLOL BLAST ZOMBIES - REEEEL KOOOL, KIIID!

Er, yeah, I enjoyed what I played of the series. I'm enjoying the new DS game, Deadly Silence. Good stuff.

Laguna
06-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Resident Evil 4 actually manages to keep the plot and move in a new direction. The play style is a lot faster than before, a little more action orientated I'd say. I'd agree though, it may not be the "best" Resident Evil, but as a gamer you owe it to yourself to try and finish it. :)

The DS version is fun. I still can't get over the knife fights. That and prodding Jill- heh heh

Craig
06-19-2006, 12:30 PM
resident evil 4 is one of the funest games ever

i agree!!

I liked 2 a whole lot.

i also agree!!

on a side note: "stop, don't open that door!" *hand movements*

Slade
06-19-2006, 12:36 PM
on a side note: "stop, don't open that door!" *hand movements*
:jess:
'Let's try and find IT first, shall we?'

Laguna
06-19-2006, 12:51 PM
Poor, poor Barry. He got the worst lines.

"Chris is our ol' partner you know?" Um, sure Barry. I'll just go and search over here. Away from you. Bye now!

Slade
06-19-2006, 12:56 PM
Heheh.......

'A Dining Room!'......yes Barry, we can SEE that :rolleyes2

My god, I'm definatly going to have to play it again.

Carmilla
06-19-2006, 11:36 PM
I absolutely love Resident Evil. After Final Fantasy it is my most beloved game series.

The first one still holds up well today. It is such a classic game. And that 'Jill sandwich' line is my favorite too. :p

RE2 rocked also but man was Sherrie annoying. Theres nothing like playing for an hour and a half than getting put in control of Sherrie, dying to roaches, and having to replay all that. ARGH!

I've never played then GC remake....it looks really good but I can't be stuffed getting a Gamecube for just that. Then again, Resident Evil 0 is on Gamecube isn't it?

Im also in this predicament. The only reasons i would even think of getting a Gamecube are for RE 0 and for the remakes of RE 1 and Metal Gear Solid 1.
But with my luck, after i buy a Gamecube for RE 0, then they will rerelease it for the PS2 or something...

Also, if youre as big a RE fan as me you should pick this book up.
It covers RE 0, 1, 2, 3, and Code Veronica front to back. Its not a guide book but contains stories, character bios, enemies, items, and text of every file/note/book from each of those games. Its a superb book for fans and collectors.

Heres the book: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0744006554/sr=8-1/qid=1150756245/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-4764153-3308053?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Please don't double post, use the edit/delete button instead.

~Void

chii
06-20-2006, 10:44 PM
i love leon s. kenedy he is so hot

~SapphireStar~
06-20-2006, 10:51 PM
Im that big a fan of the series I also have the novels:

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0671024396.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/067102440X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0671024418.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0671024426.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/067178496X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0671784986.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Just need this one now:

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/0671785117.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Laguna
06-21-2006, 12:02 AM
Read them all :p

I wonder if she is going to write any more? A transition novel between veronica and four perhaps? Like "underworld" or "caliban cove". I was kinda annoyed when I found out she had taken the story into her own hands at some points, but sometimes it actually explains things better than the games.

Jimmy Dark Aeons Slayer
06-21-2006, 12:23 AM
Iīm a big fan of RE too but the most stupid part of the game as to be in RE 1 when Jill and Barry enter the lab and encounter Tyrant.

Why would Barry try to mess with the computer if he doesnīt know how to use one?
I still remember the stupidity of it all...

Barry: "Ahhh....maybe this one..."

OMG the monster is getting out

Barry: Ahhh...OHHHHHHHH /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif!!!"

Gets thrown against the wall and faints itīs up to Jill to once again safe the day.

Alixsar
06-21-2006, 12:09 PM
RE2 was cool/is my favorite old school RE, but it isn't scary at all. RE3 is one of the scariest games I've ever played. Not because it's actually scary, but because you know that at any moment, Nemesis might break through a wall and kill you in two seconds. And even if you run away, he will follow you until you are destroyed. Code Veronica was cool too, but Steve pissed me off so much that I have to hate it. And yes, I know what happens to him. He still pisses me off and I hate him.

RE4 is by far my favorite. It's one of the few games where, upon completely beating every aspect of the game (on multiple difficulties, after unlocking EVERYTHING etc.) I still wanted to play more. And ever so often I still go back and play Mercenaries. Plus, let's face it, Leon S. Kennedy is a billion times cooler than any of the other main characters in any of the other REs. The only one who comes close is Chris Redfield, and even he's still kind of lame. The only reason why he's cool at all is because he can ALMOST beat Wesker in a fight, which is pretty hard to do considering how awesome Wesker is.

Spammerman
06-21-2006, 12:14 PM
I loved re4. I liked it for the fact that stuff actually dies.

~SapphireStar~
06-21-2006, 12:46 PM
Like "underworld" or "caliban cove". I was kinda annoyed when I found out she had taken the story into her own hands at some points, but sometimes it actually explains things better than the games.
It was annoying when she did that, but some of it was very well written. I would like her to do a Res Evil 4 novel.

Wuggly Blight
06-21-2006, 01:21 PM
I like most of them though Im not a huge fan of RE4, Im not even sure why its called RE4, its nothing to do with Resident Evil at all, Its not even horror, its bascially action. (and I HATE action games. when I buy Horror, I expect horror) The map layout was boring and awful and very unrealistic, it was LONG line room after room after room.

Best villains, Alfred and Alexia. Mainly Alfred! Outbreak has its charms, it explains alot of what happened on the streets of racoon. The viral infection wasnt imediate, it took days and it explains and shows how it spread and the people dealt with it until it as became out of control and grew and grew. Hellfire level is good explaining that. Desperate Times at the RPD station explains alot of the setting for RE2.

Shiny
06-21-2006, 09:28 PM
I like Resident Evil 1. "Jill, dont. Open. That door!":chuckle: Gets me every time.

Carmilla
06-21-2006, 10:26 PM
RE4 is by far my favorite. It's one of the few games where, upon completely beating every aspect of the game (on multiple difficulties, after unlocking EVERYTHING etc.) I still wanted to play more. And ever so often I still go back and play Mercenaries. Plus, let's face it, Leon S. Kennedy is a billion times cooler than any of the other main characters in any of the other REs. The only one who comes close is Chris Redfield, and even he's still kind of lame. The only reason why he's cool at all is because he can ALMOST beat Wesker in a fight, which is pretty hard to do considering how awesome Wesker is.

RE4 is one of the only games where i did an all nighter... like 12 hours straight. I just couldnt put it down and kept playing Ada's modes, etc.

And yes, Leon is a bada**. Ive loved him since part 2 when he fell for Ada. :p

Not to mention, HUNK. I really hope he is in future RE games. But if they reveal too much about him then he will lose most of his 'secret' charm. HUNK absolutely owns in mercenaries for part 4. :eek:

SeeDRankLou
06-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Resident Evil rocks my socks, I like them all. Love Resident Evil 4, I am almost done with the mercenaries mini-game. Just have to get 5-stars in the waterworld area with Leon and Hunk. What RE4 lacks in horror is more than makes up for in action and plain fun. The GC Resident Evil is also quite awesome.

*ETERNAL FANTASY*
06-22-2006, 12:36 AM
re4 was more action orientated while the older ones were more horror orientated but either way i liked them both...who could forget the dogs comming through the window in the first game oh and as well as encountering your first zombie...that creeped me out for a while lol...

i had a good laugh with the enemy in code veronica but it was still kinda creepy

runouni k master
06-22-2006, 04:54 AM
re4 is funer game play wise but if you play the outbrack files you will haxe some fun with that one theres online and coape play its fun and more like the old ones play it if you love the old way of playing

Lady Selphie
06-23-2006, 02:46 PM
I love RE4 and RE2 because they`re interesting :) and I like the plot of RE series because they`re exciting and eveytime I have some curosity to know what`s next.

JaytodaP
06-24-2006, 03:51 AM
There must be a backdoor somewhere.... Shall we find IT first?

I found this really powerful weapon that works well against living things(are you gonna shoot at rocks?)
Will you take the Acid Rounds?
Inventory full

Me: AAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS