PDA

View Full Version : DID SQUARE BACKSTABE SONY

runouni k master
06-19-2006, 05:17 AM
I CANT STAND THAT FF11 WENT TO XBOX

KentaRawr!
06-19-2006, 05:19 AM
I can't stand that FF: Crystal Chronicles is coming out for the Wii and DS! :nonono: Of course, I have a DS, and I'm getting a Wii. So I'm all set. You already have FF11 on some other system I presume, so it doesn't matter.

Besides, Sony backstabbed Square. With the new Ps2 not being compatible with FF11 and all. :mad:

Meat Puppet
06-19-2006, 05:29 AM
What's wrong with broadening your audience?

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-19-2006, 05:53 AM
Square-Enix doesn't belong to Sony any more than they belonged to Nintendo back when SNES got all of their games. So no, they can't really be backstabbing them when they are well within their rights to release games on multiple platforms.

runouni k master
06-19-2006, 06:37 AM
but still sony fans are the ff fans way put it on a system that most of the fanes of the games dont have so good for xbox fans not good for ff fans that dont play xbox so they back stabed sony and there loyal fanes

Miriel
06-19-2006, 07:33 AM
If anything, Sony backstabbed Square by discontinuing the harddrive needed to play FFXI on Playstation. It would be difficult at this point for a playstation player to start playing FFXI since it's so annoyingly hard to get a hold of the equipment that's needed to play.

Sony completely turned their back on FFXI, and so Square should have absolutely no qualms about moving over to a platform that would support their game.

Markus. D
06-19-2006, 07:49 AM
eh, I dont mind FFXI on XBOX360, because I wanted more people to be playing this amazing game anyways.

runouni k master
06-19-2006, 07:55 AM
so what ff11 isent that good for a game it hasent sold no ware near the number thet 7 and 8 have so way put it on the system that most real final fantasy fanes dote have sony dosent nead them they nead sony because rpg and action adventue playerse play ps2 while people who play xbox play sports and shot em up games not rpg so that was a dume move by square and sony knows that because there fanes have there system thats way there still bringing out two ps2 games and a psp game so square shouldent help put out sony or there be put out in japan becase sony and nintendo holed almost one hundread precent of the market down in the land of the rising sun so square shuld puker up to sony becase the only good rpg is fable a nd that soled good on xbox but it wasent the best sales square should know there place and put up with it sony has bean vary good to them :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:

Miriel
06-19-2006, 08:05 AM
runouni k master, I don't understand, what is your actual complaint? That FFXI isn't as popular as FFVII?

Because if you don't like it, you don't need to play it.

runouni k master
06-19-2006, 08:13 AM
no im just mad that square is helping xbox i dont like xbox there betraying the company that made them

Laguna
06-19-2006, 08:20 AM
Ummm... ok?

Oddly enough, Square Enix is partially owned by Sony Entertainment. Prior to the purchase of stock they were known as Squaresoft. So technically, they havent really betrayed anyone. (Although Sony don't own a majority share, so they couldnt stop it if they wanted to).

Betraying the company that made them? Nintendo? You have to remember Square was an established company waaay before Sony showed up with their new fangled playstation.

Square Enix are now accepted a multi-format developer. You'll find very few companies are limited to one format now, it's just smarter business to be able to target every available audience. Even Capcom resigned their exclusivity deal with Nintendo over the "Resident Evil" series late last year.

And what's not to like about the 360? It's a solid piece of kit. Sounds to me like you've got some real unconditional hatred going there. From everything I've learnt from gaming, you'll enjoy it a lot more if you're willing to play anything on any format. You can have the best of all worlds you know.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-19-2006, 08:32 AM
Oddly enough, Square Enix is partially owned by Sony Entertainment. Prior to the purchase of stock they were known as Squaresoft. So technically, they havent really betrayed anyone. (Although Sony don't own a majority share, so they couldnt stop it if they wanted to).The name change to Square Enix had nothing to do with Sony's purchase of Square stock; it resulted from the merging of Square and Enix. I know--crazy, right? Relevantly, however, that very merger caused Sony's influence to diminish a great deal. The stock they owned went from comprising 18% of Square to about 8% of Square Enix.

runouni k master
06-19-2006, 08:41 AM
i already know this stuff but i still think its a bad move by square to do that because like i talked about before most of the square fans are ps2 owneres so way put it on xbox so they cant play the beter ff11 unless they buy a 360 when the ps3 is about to come out and to me thats a backstabe becase then the fans will have to by a xbox insead of the beter ps3

TheAbominatrix
06-19-2006, 08:44 AM
What are you talking about? FFXI is available for the PS2 already. So if any PS2 owners want to play it, they can. You arent making any sense what-so-ever.

runouni k master
06-19-2006, 08:52 AM
yes i know this but if you have a new ps2 you cant play the game:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: and if you cant play the ps2 game becase of that its not good for there fanes do you get it

TheAbominatrix
06-19-2006, 08:56 AM
If they wanted it so bad they could have bought it when it came out. If they havent got it by now, I doubt they'd be too fussed. It's also on the PC, so I'd say it's pretty easily accessible.

Not good for whose fans? Playstation's or SE's? But regardless, you still seem to be in the 'mindless hater' mode, so I'm sure more gibberish is forthcoming.

runouni k master
06-19-2006, 09:04 AM
yes it is but pepole like you dont get it its about loyalty if thats gone then every on can kiss off

TheAbominatrix
06-19-2006, 09:05 AM
So... a company should forego making money because of some backward sense of loyalty?

Laguna
06-19-2006, 11:11 AM
Hmm, apparently my knowledge on the aforementioned merger was wrong then! Oh well, I was what.... 12 maybe when I read about it? Im suprised any of it stuck!

I whole heartedly agree with everything TheAbominatrix said.

And that's a good point. I don't think SE are likely to have a board meeting and go:
"Oh guys, we've made a mistake! Let's stop making the most money we can and start being loyal to one company!"

Money> Bizarre loyalty ideas

At least I think that's the way SE will see it.

Mirage
06-19-2006, 11:38 AM
If anything, Sony backstabbed Square by discontinuing the harddrive needed to play FFXI on Playstation. It would be difficult at this point for a playstation player to start playing FFXI since it's so annoyingly hard to get a hold of the equipment that's needed to play.

Sony completely turned their back on FFXI, and so Square should have absolutely no qualms about moving over to a platform that would support their game.
You wrote exactly what I meant to type. <3
I just think of it as a way to get back at Sony :p. And I believe S-E wouldn't hesitate to switch consoles if the PS3 fails. Square Enix is interested in their own prospirety, not Sony's.

~SapphireStar~
06-19-2006, 11:43 AM
What's wrong with broadening your audience?
QFT.

If they wanted it so bad they could have bought it when it came out. If they havent got it by now, I doubt they'd be too fussed. It's also on the PC, so I'd say it's pretty easily accessible.
Spot on, so stop complaining about fans not having access to the game. We couldnt get hold of a PS2 copy, so we got the PC version. If fans were that desperate to play it, they had other options open for them.

Rostum
06-19-2006, 12:22 PM
To the original poster; you do realise this is an MMORPG, and not a normal RPG like the rest of the FF games? Right? It also makes Square-Enix a lot of money. With having around 3,000 to 5,000 players subscribed to each server during peak times. So that's 12.99USD each player, and you might as well put the cost of the game ontop of that. Minus some things like the teams that make the expansions, keeping up maintenance among other things, they still gain a very large sum of money from it all.

I don't see any reason why they wouldn't try to expand that by releasing it on other systems to get to other player bases. It just doesn't bother anyone, seeing as everyone plays on the same servers.

Also, I think it's pretty stupid to get flustered, just because Square-Enix decided to release one of their games on a system you don't like. Did you know they also released an FF game on Nintendo Gamecube and will do so for the Wii? Does that piss you off too? Just get over it.

You can still play the PC version, and if you manage to get one of the old PS2's, I think you can find places to order the game with the HDD.

One last thing; Sony isn't that great of a company anyways, so I don't even know why you'd want other developers (such as Square-Enix) to be 'loyal' to them. =\

Flying Mullet
06-19-2006, 01:19 PM
runouni, in response to one of your last posts:

Your entire thread is based on the fact that you feel that Square-Enix backstabbed Sony by putting FFXI on the XBox 360. Yet you recently posted:

yes i know this but if you have a new ps2 you cant play the game:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: :mad2:
That would be an example (as many other posters have stated) of Sony backstabbing Square-Enix, not the other way around. Do you even know how you really feel on the subject?

FFXI being available on the XBox 360 has nothing to do with loyalty. You claim that you are a "true" FF fan because you have your games on the Playstations and that's where the "true" fanbase lives. Just so you know, the same outrage and mindless name-calling occured when Square announced that they would be releasing their upcoming next-gen video game, Final Fantasy VII, on Sony's new gaming system, The Playstation, rather than continuing their relationship with Nintendo and release it on the Nintendo 64. So based on your arguments, you are not a true fan, as you jumped on the XBox-esque "new non-true FF fan system", The Playstation, rather than staying true to Nintendo.

The point I'm trying to make is that you should be staying loyal to a game series, and not the system that it plays on. Square-Enix is trying to give you the best gaming experience possible by releasing their games on the system they can do the most with, rather than what system or company their last game was released on. If they had followed the "must stay true to fans by staying with one company" mentality, they would probably be a mediocre company producing crappy games at best today, if not out of business, if they had stayed with Nintendo, due to the cartridge based media that it played, rather than CDs. So be thankful that Square-Enix is looking forward into the future rather than to the past with rose-colored glasses so that they can continue to bring you games that you love and can't get enough of.

Crossblades
06-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Square Enix has the right to release any game for any system. No one can stop them and there's nothing wrong with broading their audience. As for FF XI for Xbox 360, IMO this is a smart move by Square Enix for the following reasons, because It's a MMORPG and they could get more players to participate. So you're saying that SE backstabbed Sony because they're releasing FF games for the GBA, Wii, and the DS as well?

Skyblade
06-19-2006, 03:21 PM
Did Square backstab Nintendo when they released FFVII? Of course not. Neither Nintendo nor Sony had a monopoly on Final Fantasy. It was Square's work, and they are perfectly within their rights to release it for whatever system they want.

You may not like the X-Box, and I can't say I blame you, but that is no reason to complain because Square decided to release their game for a system that can actually run it.

runouni k master
06-20-2006, 06:04 AM
you all can kiss my ass

Kawaii Ryűkishi
06-20-2006, 06:07 AM
Aaaand done.

Runo, please treat your fellow forum members with respect in the future, or you will definitely be megabanned.