PDA

View Full Version : Devil may cry or god of war

runouni k master
06-19-2006, 08:19 AM
whitch one do you think is the beter game

Shoden
06-19-2006, 08:48 AM
.... Devil May Cry. Dante could destroy Kratos. Devil Trigger, Sparda sword, pwned.
It's a much better game, especially DMC 3.

runouni k master
06-19-2006, 08:59 AM
same heare i love the dmc games god of war is ok but dmc is the best so what if god of war has alot of blood the devil wins over the god of war any day

Markus. D
06-19-2006, 11:41 AM
apparently god of war has a more refined battle system of that type.

I stick to dmc3 as it IS a story of perfection.

~SapphireStar~
06-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Never played GOW, but I do like the DMC series, although 2 was a dissapointment.

Shaun
06-19-2006, 12:27 PM
On this topic, aren't they both available for the PC? I'm interested.

Roto13
06-19-2006, 03:01 PM
I hate God of War because I just hate the cheesiness of it. I don't care if gameplay comes first. There's only so much boobage and violence I can take.

Venom
06-19-2006, 03:32 PM
Devil May Cry.

Black Angel
06-19-2006, 03:34 PM
DMC. :D

Carmilla
06-19-2006, 04:06 PM
DMC

I feel God of War was one of the most overrated games of all time. I felt it was nothing more than a pretty button masher.

But while i thought DMC 1 and 2 were 'good', part 3 takes the cake. That game is friggin awesome. :mog:

DeathKnight
06-19-2006, 04:12 PM
God of War X559!~

Dante has a PUNK attitude which I detest. And the story's too predictable.

Besides, the enemies are POWERLESS and WEAK.

DMC fans just like him 'cause he's a "pretty boy" and 'cause he's a "vampire-looking character" pathetic.

Dreddz
06-19-2006, 08:21 PM
Both are overrated a little. But I'd go with Devil May Cry any day.

I Took the Red Pill
06-19-2006, 10:07 PM
Devil May Cry, no doubt.

Shoden
06-19-2006, 10:23 PM
Depends on which Dante you view, if it's the one from DMC 1 then you'd see he was the ultimate badass demon hunter, 2, you'd see he was pretty cool and 3, yeah the punk cocky attitude is there. They're longer games then God of War so that's another point to DMC, there was more to kill and the bosses were actually annoying. The Battle scenes were pretty cool though. Do not forget the FMV sequence from DMC 3 where it's Dante vs Vergil on top of devil's tower/ temen ni gru, that sequence was real badass =). I liked God of war a hell of alot, the gore, the weapons but there was too little to use as attacks, sure it had some combos but they weren't so much worth it once you unlocked them.

runouni k master
06-20-2006, 05:31 AM
after playing both games god has to littel dmc is the best:p

~SapphireStar~
06-20-2006, 12:47 PM
after playing both games god has to littel dmc is the best
We know, youve already told us your fav ...

I loved the first Dante, he was very badarse and I loved his attitude towards everything. Second Dante was ok, but I havent seen teen Dante in 3 yet :( Cant find it.

sephiroth the dark angel
06-20-2006, 12:59 PM
dmc all the way it's just my type of game

Laguna
06-20-2006, 01:04 PM
DMC is the winner in my books.

Just love the game.... well except the second one. I think if I deny it's existence long enough it might just disappear!

DMC3 was great, can't wait for the EU release of the special edition.

runouni k master
06-21-2006, 05:46 AM
DMC2 isnt that bad theres werse games like pokemon

XxSephirothxX
06-21-2006, 05:55 AM
From what I've played, God of War was the better action game, if not the best on the PS2.

DeathKnight
06-21-2006, 07:08 AM
From what I've played, God of War was the better action game, if not the best on the PS2.

~SapphireStar~
06-21-2006, 12:54 PM
DMC2 isnt that bad theres werse games like pokemon
Pokemon is not a bad series of game. Look at the merchandise, games, TV series, movies its spun off. Yeah Pokemon is bad ... Not popular in the least.

Samos The Sage
06-21-2006, 08:24 PM
DMC > GOW

runouni k master
06-22-2006, 04:58 AM
pokemon is the werst game ever its for littel kids and people like you come on you like the backstreetboys sapphire star you most be a girl

Azure Chrysanthemum
06-22-2006, 05:06 AM
runouni k master comments like "you must be a girl or gay", especially in that context, are terribly crass and rude and not tolerated here. Don't say stuff like this to other members again.

runouni k master
06-22-2006, 05:08 AM
what ever :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :p :p :p :p :p :p

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

i started this talk so i just dont give a you know or any thing else cant keep me out forever

Moon Rabbits
06-22-2006, 05:19 AM
God of War > Devil May Cry in every aspect, except name coolesness.

Shoden
06-24-2006, 12:02 PM
In DMC2 some of the bosses were actually challenging, it had a good fight system and set of monsters, good settings but lack of story and character development was what turned away fans. The final boss fight in the original DMC owned GoW's final boss fight.

Slothy
06-24-2006, 12:46 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like DMC, but there's never enough variety to keep me interested until the end. I always get bored about half way through and just stop playing. Part of the problem is that the story and characters are just plain boring if you ask me. I don't care about them, so I don't even care about getting to the end. God of War on the other hand had one of the better stories I've seen in any game in a few years.Through in the fact that the action was fun and challenging, not to mention that they avoided many of the usual stumbling points of action games (the camera angles are generally great 90% of the time, so you can actually see what's happening, the puzzles are at times a little tricky, but never so much that you get stuck forever and bog down the game, and there's almost no backtracking to name a few things) kept the game moving forward for me, and had me wanting to finish it. The final boss was a bit dissapointing, but the ending made up for that in my opinion. God of War is darn near action game perfection in my eyes, and perfection isn't a word I casually toss around when talking about games.

Shoden
06-24-2006, 12:57 PM
half way?! But the best spicy stuff is always nearer to the end.... Well I liked GoW too but pandora's temple was too long, sure there were different parts but there was a lack of big hardcore action for a while in it. Escept when you fell into hell, that was the best part of the game.

Markus. D
06-24-2006, 03:07 PM
In DMC2 some of the bosses were actually challenging, it had a good fight system and set of monsters, good settings but lack of story and character development was what turned away fans. .

*shakes head*

play through both disks, all diffuculties, all secret characters, and tell me, once you have finnally gone through all of it that there wasnt enough "story" or "character development" its what the other two lack :P

^-^ fighting Lucia's (was that her name?) with Trish was awesome <3

Shoden
06-24-2006, 03:16 PM
my Lucia disk broke though. I liked DMC 2 though but there was a real lack of badass overkill, divine asskicking near the start of the game. There was char development but compared to the other 2 I didn't see it grow as much.

Millia Billia
06-24-2006, 03:31 PM
God of War amazed me and made me sad when it was over. Devil May Cry got boring before I was done with it, though I did end up finishing it.

So God of War.

Slothy
06-24-2006, 04:54 PM
half way?! But the best spicy stuff is always nearer to the end.... Well I liked GoW too but pandora's temple was too long, sure there were different parts but there was a lack of big hardcore action for a while in it. Escept when you fell into hell, that was the best part of the game.

I'm exaggerating a bit when I say half way. I finished probably 85-90% of DMC, but I was forcing myself to play through much of the latter parts of the game. No amount of cool bosses could make up for the repetitive gameply, and the fact that the game is just far longer than it should be in my eyes, especially when you're fighting some of those cool bosses for the third time. I skipped DMC2, but did pick up the DMC3 special edition and try to get into it, but it wasn't long before I realized nothing had really changed and the gameplay grew old even faster than it had for me in DMC. If these games at least had a good story I could probably stay interested in them until the end.

And I personally don't think Pandora's temple was too long at all. If it had been the same thing over and over I'd agree with you, but there was enough variety in the locations to keep me interested, and I was never in any given area of the temple long enough to tire of it. I really liked the pacing of the whole area.

DeathKnight
06-25-2006, 03:48 AM
God of War amazed me and made me sad when it was over. Devil May Cry got boring before I was done with it, though I did end up finishing it.

So God of War.

That's what I don't like 'bout DMC.

drunkymonkey
06-26-2006, 07:34 PM
Devil May Cry. Dante is bad ass, and so is the amazing fighting.